• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,345 Views, 126 Comments

A thing or two about changelings and their habits saga - Young discord



This is a saga (set of stories) describing unusual events that transpired in Equestria. For a synopsis of each story, please read the detailed description.

  • ...
10
 126
 2,345

PreviousChapters Next
CHAPTER 24 (AKA: Emotional swings and roundabouts)

As soon as Pacifica and Monty set hoof into the house, Monty started his rant.

“What the hell Pacifica!”
Great, this was the last thing Pacifica wanted right now, she was tired, hungry as hell, depressed and just wanted to rest.

“We came all the way here just to eat and suddenly you don’t let me eat? What the hell!”
Pacifica was getting irritated as well, she had no idea how much more she could take of all this.

“We’re not going to eat from them; you saw how they were being treated”

“Why not? We had food for them, we eat, they eat, fair trade, remember?”

“No”

“Well you don’t have to eat if you don’t want to but you can’t tell me what to do you’re not my mum, and this is all your fault, I bet that if we’d stayed at home-“
Monty’s statement was broken by a soul shattering scream coming from Pacifica who was covering her ears and rolled up in a ball on the floor, she couldn’t take it anymore, mentioning Monty’s mum was the last straw, that time… when she… no, she refuses to listen! She won’t remember! No!
Monty freaked out, he didn’t expect Pacifica to react like this, she was like a little filly, bossy, did whatever she wanted and didn’t want to take responsibility when it was her fault.
But then why did he want to protect her all of a sudden? They’d always get into fights and he hated her so why does he feel this urge to take care of her?

“All right, all right, sorry, I won’t talk about it anymore okay?”
Marty wanted to hug Pacifica to calm her down but she shoved him aside and went to her room, closing herself in.
Monty was left alone with himself in the room.
He began to think about Pacifica, first they hate each other, then for no reason she kisses him and then they fight again… did she like him, or hate him?
Fillies are weird, Monty didn’t understand them.


The day slowly gave way into the night, plastering the little town of Saddle with a palette of nightly shadows and dreams, everypony was asleep.
Two little changelings were in bed but were far away from Luna’s realm of dreams, with all the things that happened in one day it was hard to go to bed… the mind had no room for sleep.
Monty was still thinking about Pacifica, he was worried about her, she looked pretty bad today, maybe he should be nicer to her…
Two quiet and shy knocks presented themselves into Monty’s room

“Monty?”
It was Pacifica.

“Yeah?”
The doors opened to reveal a Pacifica

“...I’m sorry...”

“You can’t sleep as well?”
Pacifica nodded and without a warning, she got into the colt’s bed.
This time, Monty moved aside to make room for her.
Both little changelings were looking up the ceiling in an awkward silence, Monty felt tense, he was right next to the filly that kissed him.
Pacifica just wanted to be with somepony right now in silence.
Monty had to know How Pacifica felt about him, it was driving him crazy and it’s being so awkward right now because of that.

“Hey, Pacifica?”

“…”
Monty wasn’t sure how to ask her what he wanted to ask her.

“What… who do you want to be when you grow up?”
Close but no cigar.

“I don’t know”
The way things were going recently, it was hard for Pacifica to imagine any sort of future.
Monty wasn’t going to suddenly change the topic, he had to at least finish this one first.

“Like, what do you want to do?”
Pacifica thought about what she’d like... right now having a normal life with a family sounded nice.

“Have a normal family”

“Oh, OK…”
The topic ended as soon as it began.

“…”
Pacifica looked at Monty who a second later realized that it was his turn to tell her.

“Me?”
Pacifica nodded.

“I’d want to be the most amazing trisport player of all time!”

“Trisport?”

“Oh, that’s right, you don’t know that, well it’s a sport that-“

“What else?”

“Sorry?”

“Is that everything you want to do in your life?”

“Well… I also like writing... so I guess one day I really want to make an amazing book that will change everypony’s lives!”

“What is it going to be about?”

“I don’t know yet”

“Sounds nice”
The two returned to silence.

“Pacifica?”
Pacifica just wanted to sleep, what was it this time?

“Yeah?”

“I… I wanted to ask you… about…”
Pacifica waited for the question but it didn’t appear

“Ask me what?”

“You know…”
Pacifica looked at Monty once again and shook her head letting him know that she didn’t know what Monty meant.
Monty took a deep breath, it was now or never

“Well… that time you… you know… kiss…ed… meee….”
Pacifica glanced at Monty, who was in full blush, staring at her intensely.
She turned away from Monty in silence; she never thought about the kiss, all she could think of about that night was… that thing.
Monty felt both relieved and disappointed, he felt relieved because he finally managed to pop the question but he couldn’t help but to feel beat down by Pacifica’s reaction… maybe he wanted her to like him after all…
With no warning at all and as swift as an elbow to Monty’s ribs, Pacifica turned around and kissed him quickly on his cheek and turned away once again.
Maybe she liked him after all.


Discord looked at his map and crossed the next town off the list… he was a good few hours into the search and was already bored.
A pitchfork whistled past him who was floating high up in the air.
Discord ignored it and continued to think… He was now genuinely intrigued by this Pacifica pony, how could they know each other if he didn’t knew her?
A flower pot nearly reached Discord… nearly.
That made no sense… Discord liked no sense.
Another flying pitchfork approached the draconequus, this time he had to evade it.
Such rudeness! What’s everypony’s problem? Can’t a draconequus just ask a few questions these days?
Discord looked down upon the town that was all fixed now.
Soapy roads, roofs flying off the tops of houses, and of course, chocolate rain.
What a bunch of ungrateful ponies, he just came in and wanted to ask a few questions… well OK, he MIGHT have fixed a thing or two, the dirt roads weren’t dirty anymore, ponies indoors can now enjoy the sun and who doesn’t like chocolate rain? But of course poor old Discord gets the usual welcome package.
Discord landed on the ground, popped up an umbrella and began to dance and sing whilst evading identified flying objects.

“I’m siiinging in the rain…”
One of the townsponies had enough of Discord’s tomfoolery and decided to face him head on.

“Get the hell out of here Discord! We don’t need you here!”

“Oh dear, it’s such a shame that Subtlety is a thing of the past, don’t you think?”

“I said, leave”

“All right, fine, I can tell when I’m not wanted”
Discord was finally leaving.

“And this isn’t one of those times!”
Or not.

“I still have a few questions I need to ask everypony, answer and I’ll leave”
Discord resumed his singing and dancing.

“Then ask them instead of singing that stupid song!”
Discord stopped the song.

“Just be glad that I wasn't singing chocolate rain…”
Ponies have no sense of humour these days.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than my previous ones but This seemed like the right place to finish it.
Off to write the next chapter!

PreviousChapters Next