• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,345 Views, 126 Comments

A thing or two about changelings and their habits saga - Young discord



This is a saga (set of stories) describing unusual events that transpired in Equestria. For a synopsis of each story, please read the detailed description.

  • ...
10
 126
 2,345

PreviousChapters Next
CHAPTER 20 (AKA: Keeping mum)

Pacifica always expected her first kiss to be sweet or something.
It was surprisingly salty.
The two lips came apart with astring of saliva trickling down from Pacifica’s lips.
POK!
A small teacoster-sized piece of wall plaster fell beside them and smashed like pottery but the colt and the filly were far too busy to notice.
There was a lot of stuff going through Morty’s head right now

“I…”
POK!
This time a scab of wall smashed right next to Pacifica with a noticeably loud and clear sound.

“THERE YOU ARE!”
Pacifica saw a group of 20 or more full grown stallions (with a few unicorns thrown in) stampeding at full speed towards the two
Pacifica for a second was utterly confused, why would an entire group of stallions go after them of all ponies? And then it occurred to her, they were still in changeling form!
Morty was still in bliss, he wasn’t going to come back to reality anytime soon so Pacifica Smacked his face extra hard, changed into pony form, once again grabbed the colt’s hoof and ran… anywhere, it didn't matter where as long as it was away from that group of insane rabid maniacs

“Change!” shouted out Pacifica
Morty was still getting his head around that punch

“What? Wh-“ but then Morty looked back at what was following them and he came to the conclusion that transforming might not be such a bad idea after all.
Pacifica was leading that two pony tango of survival, turning here and there and whipping around Morty behind her, she didn’t know the city but at this point it didn’t matter.
The little changelings could feel every single magical beam that passed nearby, missing them by that much, it felt like hearth’s warming eve, the streets being lit up with a multitude of magical colours that popped soon after being fired.

“Pacifica! The train station! We can run away on a train!”
Monty took the lead but as soon as they switched Pacifica felt a brief jerk on her left hind flank and a moment later a growing warm sting.
Pacifica lost focus and fell to the ground.
She was hit.

“Come on! Get up!”
Monty threw away his pack and tried to drag her heavy body onto his back.
Unfortunately the group had already surrounded them.
A crimson stallion emerged from the group, he seemed like the leader of the pack, on his back, a huge scar running across his entire body in the shape of a crucifix that clashed in style with his neatly gelled black mane.

“You… you have no idea how much trouble you gave us, we had to move mountains just to find you”
The stallion was very happy to see them but not in the way his victims wanted to.
Monty was confused, he didn’t know any of these stallions, and judging by Pacifica’s reaction, neither did she… what was going on?

“Who… are you guys?” Began Monty but the taste of anger and bliss that one has when accomplishing an especially tedious task, already answered the question

“Oh, at this point it doesn’t matter, all you need to know is that… actually you don’t need to know anything”
The stallion bucked Monty’s miserable body at full force away from Pacifica
Monty had never been so much out of breath, he couldn’t breathe let alone shout for help.

“And of course, the star of the show, Pacifica Agua!”
Something about what the stallion just said seemed off to Pacifica

“You’re something, you know that?”
Pacifica decided to stall for time until they figure something out, not much of a chance but hey, it beats dying sooner.

“And without further ado let’s fix all this, gentlecolts, do what you need to!”
“This stallion doesn’t mess around” thought Pacifica
There were no options left… as they say, that was that.

“N…nooo…”
All that Monty could do was to barely breathe out that word and look at the group ganging up on Pacifica, beating her relentlessly, Pacifica all curled up trying to protect herself with her own body.
Each stallion was furiously stomping her fragile body with their hooves.
Monty could feel her pain, it was unbearable and all he could do, was cry and vainly hope that his sole look could stop all this.
But it didn’t.
Monty could feel Pacifica’s presence gradually melting away into the disgusting sea of hatred that he could taste all around him coming from the stallions.
With no sound at all and much less warning, something smashed right into the centre of the beating mass, throwing one stallion high above the ground, where awaited a female changeling who grabbed the body in the air and with an impossible summersault and a threatening roar, smashed the stallion back into the cobbled pavement, head-first.
There was a crack, the henchpony’s neck turned an unhealthy sharp 90 degrees and remained that way until his dying breath.
The group moved away from the dead body, Pacifica and the mysterious changeling on the ground that were now firmly standing, a wall between Pacifica, Monty and their death.
The changeling mare slowly and gracefully descended down to stand arm to arm with her partner.
Pacifica who was badly beat up but was still well enough to stand up and look at what happened, looked at the two saviours.
The changeling mare, was an exceptional slender example of their race, her wings, majestically large and strong, showing off their mossy awe in the moonlight, her outline, a single gentle unbroken line.
The stallion, despite his average build gave off a really threatening vibe, a set of 4 scars in perfect parallel lines to his ribs on each side displayed his experience as a fighter... one wouldn’t want to get in his way and unfortunately, it seems like some ponies DID get in his way. His posture firm and headstrong, he emanated with conviction as if he knew what he was doing.
Pacifica noticed a small pendant on each of the saviours, she could just about make out what they were, they were golden doors with a sapphire sliced in half, each one had a pendant and when put together, they made a set of double doors with an entire sapphire in the middle.
The red scarred boss came out of the group.

“What impeccable timing! I was hoping you’d come a bit later once we finished off those two” The stallion pointed at the ponies behind the changeling partners “But I guess this too, will do…”
The Changeling Stallion’s gaze intensified, calling him outraged wouldn’t do him justice.
The mare seemed to be in a similar mood

“Don’t push it” The changeling stallion growled

“Tell you what, I’m feeling generous today, You can have a go at us and we’ll let your little trophy wife deal with the kids…”
Neither of the couple even nudged

“Well?”

“This is your last warning”

“Oh we’re way past warnings… and you”
The scarred stallion looked at the wife

“Aren’t you concerned about the kids you’re trying to save?”

“…” The wife didn’t say anything

“No? well that’s a bit cold don’t you think? Don’t you even want to turn around to take a peek to see if they’re fine?”

“…”
The mare still didn’t reply, clearly she was too furious for words.

“Oh dear! where are my manners, you know in all of this I forgot to introduce myself!”
The stallion bowed towards Pacifica and Monty who were sitting behind the changeling couple, trying to recover while they still can.

“My name is Crimson Downfall, and I am here to deal with troublesome kids like you… these here are a few of my friends, doubt you’ll remember them all so I won’t bother introducing them and these two heroes are -”

“ENOUGH!” Roared the mare as she burst into the crowd grabbing one of the helpless stallions into the air, jump up to his body and throwing him back down at full force downwards at another one of the henchmen.

“You two run! We’ll take it from here!” began the Husband, his back still turned towards Pacifica and Monty.
Monty looked at the two, kicking flank, he managed to get Pacifica on his back, by now the couple were barely holding back the mob that were all hell bent on going after Monty and Pacifica.

“T-thank you” was all that Monty could breathe out.
Right now all they had to do was get to the train station.
Monty waddled as fast as his breath could let him, he was still very sore from that buck.
He looked back at the place where everypony was having a physical exchange of opinions.
The couple were really good, they were taking care of the mob swiftly and professionally.
Left
Right
Across this alleyway
Monty and Pacifica had reached the train station, but they were faced with a problem.
There was no way that anypony could get past that soup of panicking foalk.


“You think you two will be fine?” asked Cynthia

“Oh, I know they will”
They did all that they needed to do, the Pegazooka and Rumble suit were already waiting for the two children.

“Don’t talk honey, you know its bad for you”

“I know, Cynthi- COUGH! COUGH!”
The changeling spat out blood all over his dying trampled body

“It’s just… its just that I wish I could have been there to see our little Pacifica grow up”

“You know that’s not the- KEH! KEH! –way this works Cynthia”

“I know… I know…”
Cynthia lay down on the cobbled street to rest and never got up again.
At least they dealt with every single one of them, thought the trampled changeling, and joined his wife.

Author's Note:

One of the stories that I will do in this saga will be about Pacifica's parents.

PreviousChapters Next