• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,344 Views, 126 Comments

A thing or two about changelings and their habits saga - Young discord



This is a saga (set of stories) describing unusual events that transpired in Equestria. For a synopsis of each story, please read the detailed description.

  • ...
10
 126
 2,344

PreviousChapters Next
CHAPTER 5: (AKA: welcome to my realm!)

"You heard about it?"

"What?"

"I heard that what goes up stays up over there"

"Well I heard that you get soap bubbles you can eat there!"

"Pffft! I heard that you get hot ice and that the sun changes shape, like the moon!"
The gryphon teacher walked into the classroom full of excited children, fillies and cubs of every sort

"Everybody sit down!"
The echo of ms. Celia's roar resonated within the skulls the now seated children.

"as you all probabbly heard by now, we are going to take the annual trip to-"
Before ms. Celia could finish, a wall of solid sound shwooshed the teacher which instantaneously gave her a mild concussion

"SIIIIIIILEEEEEENCE!!!"
Everything in the room stopped momentarily.
A green baby dragon sitting in the first row of seats put his hand up

"Yes, Max?"

"Is it true that they have soap bubbles that we can eat?"

"Yes, Max, yes they do"
A brown filly stood up from her desk and interrupted

"Is it true that the sun changes like the moon there?"

"Sugar..."

"Yes ms. Celia?"

"What did I say you should do before speaking?"

"Put my hoof up and ask for permission, Ms. Celia"

"Right, now sit down, put your hoof up and ask for permission before you speak"

"Yes, Ms. Celia, sorry Ms. Celia"
The filly sat back down and put her hoof up

"Yes, Sugar?"

"Is it true that the sun changes like the moon there?"

"Enough, does anyone have any questions about the trip?"
No reaction.

"Ok, in that case I will see you on monday, and remember to get your parents or guardians to sign the release slips, if you don't have one, you cannot go, have I made myself clear?" The gryffon took her pointy red glasses off and looked at her students as an eagle does on its prey

"Yes, Ms. Celia" replied the students in unison.

"Ok then, class dismissed"
The children, babies and cubs began to pack their things into schoolbags of every shape and size and ran out the clasroom door into the corridor as if being rushed by an invisible fire.
Sugar came up to her changeling schoolmate, Pacifica.

"So, are you coming with me?"
Pacifica replied as she always does, with a slight nod... she never talks much... or at least not in public.
The two best friends escaped the tight classroom and proceeded to the slightly less claustrphobic corridor where they met their other friend from class 3C, Knuckles.

"Hey, knuckles! How was it!" Sugar began

"Oh god it was bad, I told my mom I don't want to go to school because I'm sick but she didn't believe me..."

"That's what you get for trying to skip out on school all of the time"

"a-a-A-ACHOOO!!"
a cluster of blue flames came out of his mouth and cinged Pacifica's eyebrows as she slightly tilted her head sideways out of danger's way with the same expressionless face as always

"You should go and see the school doctor" suggested Pacifica

"No way! he's really creepy! I heard that Bob from 2A went there one day and never came back, Sally says that she saw his dead body in the dumpster behind the school grounds!"

"No way!" gasped Sugar
Pacifica rolled her eyes, this isn't the first time she heard something like that... where she used to live, she heard all sorts of crazy things from her uncle, and occasionally, crazy things from others about her uncle...
The trio moved out of the school grounds and walked slowly to their homes.

"What, you don't believe me, loosey?"

"My name's Pacifica"

"Aw come on, loosey sounds better"

"Loosey?" Asked Sugar

"Yeah, you know, Pacifica means Calm in latin, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"well, you know how someone is loosened up, they're calm?, well loosey as in calm, get it?"
Sugar looked at Pacifica who gave her the "Just ignore him" look once again

"So anyway, loosey, is it true? I heard that you can eat soap bubbles there..."

"How should I know?"

"Well, you know..." Began knuckles

"You used to kind of live there..." finished off Sugar
Pacifica didn't even justify that question with an answer, she's lived for 14 years and this is by far the most childish thing she had ever heard... and that was quite a feat given she had to deal with her uncle.
The Friends reached the crossroads.

"See you guys on Monday then!" saluted Sugar

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!"
Pacifica just waved her hoof at the two as she always did when they split up.


Today is the day.
Pacifica waited all year for this, sure she didn't mind living at the dorm that much but she still missed her uncle (even though he is pretty embarrasing most of the time) but today she'll finally get to see him again along with most of her fillyhood friends, and she could show them her new friends... maybe she might even get to see her parents again.
With the signed slip in her backpack and the snacks tucked in the back she rushed to the school grounds where a schooldragon waited to take the class on the trip.

"Hey! HEY LOOSEY! OVER HERE!!!"
Pacifica looked up at the fifth row of seats strapped to the schooldragon where awaited Knuckles with Sugar.
The changeling gave the slip to her homeroom teacher and joined her friends, and few minutes later all the children were seated and ready for the adventure.
Ms. Celia stood up from her teacher seat in the first row and began to read the list of students to make sure who was present and who wasn't

"Drageel, Max"
Present
Sugar turned towards her filly friend

"So, Pacifica, can we meet your friends and your mom and dad over there? You told me so much about them"
Pacifica nodded
Knuckes butted in

"hey what about your uncle"
Pacifica didn't nod

"Drageel, Knuckles"

"Present, ow!"
Sugar swiftly hoofed the baby dragon

"Hey! You know what her uncle's like, he's probably too busy with his... work to meet us anyway" snapped Sugar

"Brown, Sugar"

"Present"

"Hey who knows, in our free time we might meet him, that would be AWESOME!"

"Agua, Pacifica"
A black hoof raised above the crowd.
The air was especially fresh and breezy today as they flew below the stratosphere at incredible speeds towards the buttercup halo of light in the horizon, where soon enough an impossible city began to emerge full of colours, as if drawn in crayons by a 3 year-old and the smell of every possible sickening candy plugged the nostrils of every being who dared to come even close to the place.
The dragon began to descend and roughly landed on a Launchpad on the other side of the city wall.
The excitement was practically tangible, Pacifica could barely taste anything else beyond it, but she could just about make out the melancholic taste of home... that sweet tinge of happiness, wrapped in fun with a spoonful of friendship and all that baked in love's warm blanket.
Everybody got off the dragon and lined up.
"ALL RIGHT EVERYPONY" loudly began Ms. Celia trying to outshout the screams and sounds of joy from the other side of the candy wall
Sugar raised her hoof

"YES, BROWN?"

"MS. YOU SAID EVERYPONY!"

"DID I?, I'M SORRY, I MEANT EVERYBODY, REMEMBER CHILDREN, WE ONLY SAY EVERYPONY WHEN WE TALK ABOUT PONIES, OTHERWISE, IT IS CONSIDERED RACIST!, now where was I? Oh that's right, ALL RIGHT EVERYBODY, REMEMBER, WE STAY TOGETHER ALL OF THE TIME! SINGLE FILE! FIRST WE GO TO THE MUSEUM, THEN YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YOUR FREE TIME FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, HAVE I MADFE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"YES, MS.!!!"

"ALL RIGHT, NOW FOLLOW ME!"
The group approached the massive doors (they must have been at least a few hundred feet or meters in height)... the children waited anxiously for the heavy doors to open slowly.

"AFTER ME!"
The Gryphon with the rest of the teachers walked straight to the door and did not stop until they vanished through the closed doors.
Everybody was gobsmacked and confused
Pacifica sighed, she has seen this at least a thousand times.

"You go TRHOUGH the door, isn't it obvious?" She mumbled to herself
A moment later the Ms. Celia's head bobbed out from the closed doors

"ARE YOU COMING OR NOT?"
Suddenly everybody went into a wild stampede towards the door; the teacher freaked out and quickly retreated her head from the other side.
As soon as the kids entered the realm they were strongly whipped on their faces by the smell of sweet spice and everything nice, and what a treat it was to the eyes too! Everything literally looked as if it were coloured in with crayons by a 5 year-old, with the various coloured lines filling the white surfaces and the colours going beyond the outlines of every building, this place truly was an architect's nightmare.
The sun was crescent-shaped and the skies formed a big 500 in the cloud
In this realm clouds didn't float in the sky, the skies floated in the cloud.
earth ponies flying everywhere as if they were pegasi, gryphons running around breathing fire, pegasi changing like changelings and changelings... well the changelings were everywhere, it was a well-known fact that a quarter of the world's changeling population is situated right here, this is changeling heaven, if you are a changeling and you live here (provided you could find a job as staff here) you will never know what hunger or boredom is.
Out of nowhere the skies cleared leaving a clear canvas of cloud and a slow rhythmic beat could be heard coming from everywhere.
The students looked around themselves, confused, whilst the teachers tried to unsuccessfully calm everybody down.
One of the gryphons from 1A screamed in horror, pointing at the colossal pair of doors where a pair of yellow eyes and bushy gray eyebrows glared playfully at the newcomers.
Out of the blue a body of a draconequus protruded from the wall beside the door, the eyeless body came up to the door, slammed its head against it at full force where the eyes were, turned around towards everybody and began to sing to the tune.
Pacifica
You are so fair
Oh dear daughter of mine
Such a beautiful mare
Pacifica knew where this was going and she didn't like it, she was furious right now
I can't help but to gaze
Anger, I see
In your eyes, that blaze
Nonetheless, I love thee
Pacifica shrunk and tried to hide her head in her bag, why now all of a sudden?
All the staff changelings joined in and began to sing the chorus:
Pacifica
Oh Pacifica
The Draconequus continued
I'm crazy about you
My little miss
It’s all true
Give me a greeting's kiss

"Stop it"
Whenever I see you
I can't help but to gaze
Anger, I see
In your eyes, that blaze
Nonetheless, I love thee

"Please stop" begged Pacifica... this was by far the most embarrassing thing yet
The day you left me, I nearly died
Please don't think of leaving again
I'd rather be cut up to bits and fried
Don’t you love me? Am I not exciting, am I plain?
This is what happens when you have Discord for an uncle
Whenever I see you
I can't help but to gaze
Anger, I see
In your eyes, that blaze
Nonetheless, I love thee

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Everybody stopped at once
Pacifica gave uncle Discord the worst possible look, that look that says "you just crossed a line you shouldn't have, mister!" (Or as her uncle calls it: "the stare") and ran off deep into the realm.
All eyes turned to Discord
He smiled awkwardly and said:

"ExQuze me for a moment"
He snapped his fingers, got sucked into an invisible whirlpool and disappeared.
Pacifica knew exactly where she wanted to go and her stupid uncle wasn't going to get in her way.
A large pink teddy bear jumped out of the ground with uncle's eyes and shouted

"I CAN HAZ HUGZ?"
The big teddy bent over, and reached out, waiting for a dose for affection
The teenager jumped on the Bear's head and galloped on
All the candy in the stalls around her popped to life chanting "gimme some sugar, gimme gimme!'

"No, Discord!"
Pacifica spread her wings and began to ascend into the cloud.
She finally reached the graveyard.
All the gravestones grew arms

"Why so grave, all of a sudden?"
One of the graves caught her hoof and dragged her back on the ground.
The soil also sprouted hands that began to tickle gently the mare.
Uncle Discord appeared in the air, sitting on nothing and looking at his daughter

"Come on..."

"No!"

"You know you want to..."

"NO WAY!"

"Say uncle..."

"No"

"All you need is to say is uncle and I'll stop"

"OK! FINE! UNCLE! PLEASE STOP UNCLE DISCORD!"
Pacifica gasped for air, she hasn't laughed so hard for so long.

"Now that's the Pacifica I remember"

"Hm!" Pacifica puffed up her cheeks in disaproovement

"Oh now, why the long face?"

"You just embarassed me in front of all my new friends, you LITERALLY sang a song about me"
Uncle Discord changed into a small baby in a baby carriage

"Aww but it wash sho Quute"

"It was embarrassing, just don't do it ever again! You know I don't like to be in the middle of everything"
Discord changed back, frowned and crossed his arms

"PSH! Fine! I'm sorry, I won't do that again, there are you happy now?"
Pacifica smiled

"I missed you uncle Dis"
She came up to him and gave him an extra-plushy warm hug that lasted for a long time but not nearly long enough.
Discord wrapped his arms around his daughter, closed his eyes and smiled from the deepest part of his heart; he's gone a long way since then.
The two broke the hug eventually and when they did, Pacifica wiped the tears from her face.
Sure uncle Dis was embarrassing most of the time like a little baby but flaws or no flaws, family is family and she still loves that that big jesterous dummy for the idiot that he is.
Discord gently propped her chin on the fingers of his hand and turned it so that she looked directly at his eyes

"Now, let's go back, I promise I won't try to embarrass you anymore, go and have fun with your friends"

"What about you?"
Uncle Dis straightened up and returned to his usual wacky self

"Me?, oh well you know me, busybusybusy... all this fun and chaos doesn't make itself you know"

"I, know, I know, Discord's realm and all that... I just hope that I'll get to visit everyone before I go"

"Don't worry"

"But I'm only staying here for today, and then we have to go back..."

"Well in that case... it would be a real shame if something went wrong"
Discord winked

"You don't have to worry about a thing; they don't call me Discord for nothing"
Pacifica laughed.


The students entered the museum of Alliance history.
A changeling greeted them in front of a large display of all sorts of beings (ponies, gryphons, dragons, changelings, etcetera who all seemed to be sitting in a large table attending an important meeting of some sort)

"Good morning everybody, my name is Patrick and I will be your tour guide for today and welcome to the museum of the Alliance"
The changeling clicked on the little remote he was holding in his hoof, a small lightshow started and a few seconds of a generic uplifting orchestral music could be heard.

"Anyone know what we are celebrating today?" asked the tour guide
A gryphon put his hand up

"The 500th anniversary of opening Discord’s realm?"

"That’s right, it’s more than that, as you all well know this place isn’t only a funfair, or as some call it, the changeling’s capital but it also symbolizes the unity between all beings… this place was created to prove that all beings can coexist together in harmony, even changelings and Discord himself."

"What about before?" asked a filly in the back

"Before this place was erected, this area belonged to a land called Equestria"

"Equestria? What is that?" asked a baby dragon

"That’s what we used to call this part of the land of the animal Alliance before the golden age of ponies began, before all this; the lands were divided by realms of ponies, gryphons and etcetera, and even though there weren't many wars between them, there was constant tension"

"Sir? My mom told me that back then there wasn’t a place for changelings and us, dragons" said a voice from the crowd of students

"That is true, some beings were left out and became a source of discrimination among the ponies, but of course all that changed, anyone knows what we celebrate on April 14th?"
There was silence

"Well, on April 14th we celebrate the day all beings united and made the Alliance we know today, the day is known as the day of the elements of harmony, why? Because as legend has it when the leaders of each kind united they were all given an element of harmony as a peace offering from pony kind, dragons were given the element of generosity, changelings the element of fun, and so on and so forth… Discord being the only being that is of all kind was given the element of magic, as he represents harmony, anyone know why?"
Once again, silence fell among the students

"Because he’s a draconequus, every part of his body comes from different animal, dragons, manticores, you name it… before the Alliance formed, he was a symbol of disharmony and discord among ponykind (hence his name) but now he represents the opposite, all those animals in one body, living in harmony… now moving on, please follow me"
Sugar looked towards the entrance of the museum
The doors opened and Pacifica unsurely entered the building, still embarrassed.

"hey! pssst! over here!" Sugar attempted to shout in a whisper not to raise anyone’s attention
Pacifica joined the crowd.

Author's Note:

Yes, this is still the same story

PreviousChapters Next