• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,345 Views, 126 Comments

A thing or two about changelings and their habits saga - Young discord



This is a saga (set of stories) describing unusual events that transpired in Equestria. For a synopsis of each story, please read the detailed description.

  • ...
10
 126
 2,345

PreviousChapters Next
CHAPTER 29 (AKA: The reunion)

Discord could sense another surge of chaos magic, this time it was close.
The draconequus accelerated, flying over a green shaggy canvas of flora.

“Now where is that blasted Pacifica?”
Another surge of Chaos passed through Discord’s body

“Oooh, my chaos-sense is tingling”
It seemed to have come from a grassy field up ahead.
Discord zapped above the field to be greeted by some changelings duking it out with timberwolves.
A bowler hat and a monocle popped on Discord who conjured a teacup.

“Why, it would be rude to interrupt”
Not moments later the Timberwolves began to retreat

“Oh what a shame, and I just barely started my elevenses”
But before Discord could think of a flashy way to enter the stage, the timberwolves pulled out their last card onto the table.
The forest folded into an origami of wood and trunks.

“Well, that escalated quickly”
The timbergiant swatted the changelings.
One of them managed to fly out of danger and he seemed to be holding some sort of… gun.
The Timberwolf revealed the crater with still alive changelings, if it didn’t work this time, it might work the next, so the timberwolf giant began to relentlessly pounce the earth but not for long, the colossus retracted and bunny hopped right above its targets.
It was time Discord made an entrance.
He popped on a scientist’s robe and 2 pairs of goggles, both on his head.

“I’ve always wondered of the consequences regarding the short-term exposure of wood to an overabundance of chaos magic…” Stated Discord as he began to rub his hands micheviously
A thick syrupy ball of chaos was taking form and shape in Discord’s claws, the energy surging though his body, the current being rapidly pumped up to dangerous levels.
The hellish concoction was ready, alternating though this and countless other realities not being able to make up its mind, changing weight colour shape, smell…
And now for something to hit it with.
A baseball bat perhaps? of course not an ordinary bat, the only material durable enough to deal with this level of chaos would be a baseball bat of biblical proportions and so not a moment later discord was holding a baseball bat made from the bible’s pages (the old testament to be more precise, that stuff is hardcore)
Discord looked directly at you.

“Don’t ask how it works kid, it just does”
The God of chaos got into position and threw the ball high up in the air.
Suddenly a blast of chaos magic of biblical proportions disintegrated the wooden carnivore along with a generous amount of woodland acres, leaving an oval crater.
There wasn’t even any ash left to fall to the ground.
The ball was still in the air as Discord hadn’t hit it yet; somepony jumped the gun and did the job for him.
Discord looked at amazement at the damage until he finally identified the source.
It was none other than Monty himself.
How the heck did something so small do so much damage?
The ball bonked the god of chaos on his head, and bounced into his free hand that started to burn.
Discord began to plop the ball of energy from hand to hand as if it were a hot potato, but then he stopped.

“Just kidding!”
Discord consumed the delicious slime ball with a loud slurp.

“But more importantly…”
Discord swooped down to the changelings, the one with the gun had already landed and was trying to excavate the one in the black armour.
This was it, that filly Discord had been looking for, the one who did a wonderful job on chaosing that one town, it was all her, that tiny… insignificant little equine body.
Monty was still trying to pull her out.
Discord rolled his eyes, this way they were going to be here all night…

“Let me do this, Leroy”
Before Monty noticed the figure behind him, the draconequus was already in his place… with one powerful smash of his hoof on the ground, Pacifica popped out like a Champaign bottle cork and smacked the soil.
Rose was in bad shape but was well enough to be standing on her own and that, she did.

“And you would be?” began Rose

“Oh? Don’t you know me?”

“No”
Discord gave her a shiny coin with the profile of his face engraved on one side.

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“Don’t you recognise me now?”
Rose looked at the face on the coin and then at Discord and shook her head.

“Hmmm… How about now?”
Discord turned his profile to her so that it matched the one on the coin perfectly.
Rose nodded her head.

“Oh yeah… I still don’t know who you are”

“OH COME O-“
Something squeezed Discord’s waist in a bear hug.
It was none other than Pacifica and this time it was Monty who gasped but she didn’t care, she spent all this time looking for her uncle and yet it was him who found her.
Discord wasn’t sure how to react to this; nopony had ever been so happy to see him.

“HEY! Pacifica! What the hell?!?”
Monty was outraged, first Pacifica is mad at him for hugging somepony else and then she goes and does exactly that… who is this… long snake-goat thing anyway?

“Pacifica, I presume?”
Pacifica nodded.

“And you were the one that did all that chaos magic back in that town?”
Pacifica nodded again.

“Not bad… who taught you all that?”

“…”

“The silent type, huh?”

“Do you know him, dearie?” asked Rose

“My uncle, Discord”

“Wha- no, I’m not your uncle”
Pacifica squeezed tighter.

“Oh, wait you’re squee-“
Pacifica squeezed tighter.

“Say it”

“I can’t-“

“Say it”

“Let g-“

“Say it!”
Discord couldn’t take it anymore.

“UNCLE!”
Monty was puzzled.

“So… this is the uncle we were going to visit?”

“I’m not her uncle”

“He’s my uncle”

“Not uncle”

“Uncle”

“Not uncle”

“Uncle”

“Not uncle”

“Not uncle”

“Uncle”

“…”

“I can’t believe I fell for that”

“I learned it from you”

“Awww… you’re like the daughter I will never have”

“I hate to be the one to spoil the moment dearies but-“
Rose showed everypony her scars and the gash on her side, it wasn’t fatal but it was bleeding pretty badly

“Oh, that’s no problem”
Discord clicked his fingers and materialised a Band-Aid wrapped around Rose’s wound.
Rose wasn’t too happy with this; she would rather have it treated with magic rather than just covering it.

“I would prefer if-”
But discord interrupted.

“-What’s that? Band-aids heal everything? Yes they do! and now for something completely different”
It was time they gate-crashed Canterlot.


“No, nononono, no, I won’t let that happen”
Queen Chrysalis may be Mark’s queen but if she thought she could just throw Pacifica into danger just like that she had another thing coming.

“I’m sorry, but this is the only way” began Celestia

“Why not have a fully grown changeling infiltrate the enemy’s troops? Why is that a problem?”
Chrysalis explained once again.

“Nopony considers children as a potential threat, she is small and will be invisible, the perfect infiltrator”

“I refuse, get an adult changeling instead”
Celestia was going to have to reason with him.

“We have no adult changelings, you are the only changeling around and you’re the only one that has to stay here and tend to the machine”

“No, it’s not happening and that’s that“

‘That is not what we agreed on, Mark” stated Celestia

“That’s right Princess, we haven’t agreed on endangering Pacifica, I’m sorry but she’s my responsibility”

“So is your kind Mark, believe me when I say that if there were another solution, we wouldn’t be here right now”

“Don’t make me choose between her and my kind, you need me to build-“
This was pointless, they were banging their heads against a wall… once again, Queen Chrysalis was going to have to deal with this.

“ENOUGH! KNOW YOUR PLACE CHANGELING! I AM YOUR QUEEN AND YOU WILL DO MY BIDDING!”
The room darkened and everything in it began to rattle.
Mark was shocked, Chrysalis sure lived up to her name…
A furious Mark stampeded out of the room.

“Chrysalis, we don’t need make things worse by shouting”

“A queen has to make herself known and assert herself among her subjects Celestia, he will help us regardless of whether he agrees to it or not”

“And how can you be so sure of that?”

“Because he wouldn’t have come to Canterlot if he didn’t care about his kind”

“I don’t approve of this, Chrysalis”

“You don’t approve of many things, my dear”


The rumble of hoofsteps and clanking metal was smashing across Canterlot’s hallways; the time of the demonstration was coming close.
A sea of gold marched out from each door and crevice of the city, onto the peak of the mountain, the army’s shine creating a warning light visible across the whole of Equestria, letting the enemy know that it’s high time they pulled themselves together and fought back, if it’s a war they want, it’s a war they’ll get.

Author's Note:

Dear readers, I have decided that I will post a chapter each monday and thursday... look forward to the next one guys!

also: things are beginning to slowly come to an end but don't worry, already got a few ideas for the next part of this saga, and here is where you guys come in, specifically, I am giving you guys the opportunity to choose what you want the next fanfic from this saga to focus on, here are the possibilities:
1 - continue the adventures of Pacifica and Monty from where this left off.
2 - make a chronological prequel focusing on Pacifica's parents and the series of events that lead to their death.
Both stories will be made either way but you guys get to choose in which order.

PreviousChapters Next