• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,306 Views, 192 Comments

Doing Science - dashie76



You're not safe In this place All of us warned you of the big white face

  • ...
5
 192
 2,306

Chapter 8

June 15th, 2010

Hey, everypony. Um...how's it going?

Sorry. I was never very good at the introductions for these things. Anyways, this really is supposed to be a log for work, so...business before pleasure, I suppose.

Heh heh.

It's actually been pretty great up here at Aperture Science. Cave's personality has done a complete one-eighty - not only did he scrape together enough money for the hurricane repair job, but the other scientists told me that he can't get enough of the tractor beam! He says that if we can design a construction line to mass produce them, he'll give us all a raise by the end of the month. Thankfully, we won't have to physically generate another storm - we just have to create new ones from the original device we put together. How all of that works doesn't make any rational sense to me, but that's alright. I just can't figure out what turned Cave into such a cool guy all of a sudden...

We've got new projects on top of that as well. Cave wants my team to design a line of "Mobility Gels." He says that they'll be used in all of the new test chambers along with the tractor beam. Apparently, they're going to be a special group of chemicals that will affect the test chamber environment - he wants Speed Gel, Repulsion Gel, and Conversion Gel to start. The Speed Gel will make you run faster, the Repulsion Gel forces non-portalable objects away from it, and the Conversion Gel converts non-portalable surfaces to portalable ones. I don't understand how any combination of chemicals on the planet could make stuff that has those properties, but, again, I won't question it. As long as I'm getting paid, that is.

Then there's the Doctor.

Now, due to my reputation as being the most awesome mare in all of Equestria, I cannot allow you to divulge any of the following information to anypony. However, I can tell you this - he is, without a doubt, the most awesome stallion in all of Equestria.

I mean, I was thinking about it the other night and it just seemed so silly to me, y'know? Everything about him that I like has been said before in those cheesy novels that Rarity likes - he's funny, he's brilliant, he's handsome, and he's got the sexiest accent this side of Apploosa.

Don't tell Pinkie I said that.

But anyways, I was thinking about this the other night and I thought to myself, "well, there's got to be something else about him. Something that makes him different from the hundreds of other guys I've seen throughout my life." But I couldn't think of anything else. Everything about him just works together - personality, accent, looks. It all just seems so...right.

I never thought love would be so simple - or so cliche. If it is love, I mean. It's all working out just like those novels - the stallion's amazing and the mare is absolutely awesome. I've never tried to hook up with anypony before because I just figured that it would make life harder down the road. Ponies' feelings would end up getting hurt, things would get complicated, and everypony would just end up sad. But it's not like that with the Doctor. Even though I act like a total klutz around him, he still keeps me around. He never seems to have any problems - he doesn't stutter, he doesn't stumble. He always just acts so natural around me. It's both endearing and infuriating.

And that's the other thing. Am I allergic to him or something? Because every time I've been around him lately - with our co-workers, that is, and no matter what the situation is - I literally can't speak. And it's not even annoying me that I stutter, it's that I stutter around him of all ponies. Why can't I stutter around Cave or one of the other scientists? It's always him. I also can't fly for my life when he's in the same room with me. I'll crash into a wall or desk or something. He seems to think it's funny...

So...yeah, I guess that's it. Next time I'll hopefully be able to tell you more about those Mobility Gels. See you then!

>click<

Okay, there. I did my recording for this week. Are you happy now?

Oh, yes. And by the by - sexy accent?

Oh...um...

The most awesome stallion in all of Equestria?

Doctor...

Ah, I'm just messing with you. Truth be told, that's a big compliment, coming from you.

Doctor...I like you and all, but you can be a real egghead sometimes. Did you really have to make me do all that before we...you know.

Of course! Work should always come first.

Ah, yes. Work...before pleasure.

Now you're talking. Get over here, little miss sexy accent...

>Rustle<

...

...

...?

Hey. Time out for a minute.

Oh, come on!

You shut that thing off, right?

Yes, of course.

So why is the webcam still blinking?

...

Cave...

Oh, Celestia...now, Dashie? Please just-

CAAAAAAAAVE!!!!

>CRASH<

>ZOOM<

Oh, boy. Allons-y!