• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,298 Views, 192 Comments

Doing Science - dashie76



You're not safe In this place All of us warned you of the big white face

  • ...
5
 192
 2,298

Chapter 13

Dear Princess Celestia,

Hello, Princess. I'm sorry to bother you, but I have a matter of small concern to bring to your attention. For starters, I'm sure you're aware of the recent rumors surrounding the calamity at Aperture Laboratories. Matter of fact, you were probably busy dealing with that when you received this letter...anyways, these rumors affect me more deeply than most. As you know, Rainbow Dash, the Element of Loyalty and a dear friend of mine, was recently relocated to Aperture Science by Cloudsdale Weather Facilities. Although I have sent her many letters over the last few weeks, she has not replied to a single one.

Considering the latest news...well, I'm sure you understand my concern.

If possible, I would like you to get in contact with Aperture Laboratories and have Rainbow Dash send us something - anything - to let us know that she's alright. Thank you.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle

----------

Dear Princess Celestia,

Hello, it's Twilight again. I normally don't send you letters this frequently, but you didn't reply to the previous one. I don't want to bother you, but me and the rest of my friends here in Ponyville are very worried about Rainbow Dash. I don't want to impose, but we really want to hear from her as soon as possible.

Also...Princess, I know that something's up. I've been looking into the situation, and this isn't just Aperture being Aperture. I asked around, and essentially all of Aperture's employees, including the high ranking officials, have gone dark. As far as I know, there's been no contact with any of them since before this crisis began, and now half the royal guard's away, burning through funds on - what was it - border patrols and foreign conferences?

We're really worried, Princess.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle

----------

Dear Princess Celestia,

Princess, it's me again. I don't want to continue bothering you, but I don't understand what's happening. It's not like you to just ignore two of my letters without sending even a small note back to me. Now, see here - I know that things must be pretty bad over in Canterlot, but Ponyville isn't exactly smiles and sunshine either. Pinkie Pie hasn't thrown any sort of party in several weeks, and Rarity's having trouble focusing on her sewing. Applejack hasn't been to the market square since last Monday, and Fluttershy, who's been a friend of Rainbow's since they were just fillies, is actually living with me. She's so distraught that she can't even focus on taking care of her animal friends - thank Celestia we've got Zecora. (Thank you, I guess...) Not to mention the rest of Ponyville - not to mention the whole of Equestria - all of whom haven't heard a peep from Canterlot or Aperture since the whole incident went down last month.

If you don't reply to me soon, I'm taking things into my own hooves. You know me well enough to know that I'm not bluffing.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle

----------

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

Gather up the remaining Elements of Harmony residing in Ponyville with you and come to Canterlot immediately. I will explain the situation to thou upon thy arrival.

Princess Luna