• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,303 Views, 192 Comments

Doing Science - dashie76



You're not safe In this place All of us warned you of the big white face

  • ...
5
 192
 2,303

Chapter 2

May 15th, 2010

Um...hello again, I guess.

So I know that I said I would only do the bare minimum number of these recordings, but I got kind of lonely after a while with only Cave to talk to. So here I am again.

A few things have happened since I've been gone. I still have to do these video recordings, but I don't have to chart out the scientists' data anymore. Turns out I was only doing that 'cause the guy that normally does it got sick, so cool beans. Of course, with only one job to do now, I've spent a lot of time in my dorm banging my head against the wall. Management keeps telling me they aren't ready for me to take up my official job which utilizes my weather abilities yet, so here I am with almost nothing to do. And they still won't even let me go back to Ponyville. I mean, what's the problem? I could easily do these videos back home.

That's one thing that hasn't changed, at least. I'm still homesick for Ponyville. I couldn't forget about the place, even if I tried - and it doesn't help that Pinkie Pie sends letters to me almost every day. You'd think that being in a dark, dank, smelly underground lab full of sarcastic psychos would toughen you up, you know? Make you immune to homesickness and the like. But no.

Oh! Oh! Just remembered! I made a mental note to myself to tell you about the Doctor. I can't remember if I told you about him last time, but hey, with a stallion like him, two times are better than one, right?

...

Oh my goddess, Cave's personality must be rubbing off on me. Seriously, that was awful.

Anyways, the one pony here who's truly my friend is Doctor Whooves. Even though he's higher up in rank than me, he treats me like his equal. I guess you could say that when I came to Aperture he took me under his wing - ironic since I'm the pegasus and he's the earth pony. Whenever I needed help with the data, I always asked him. Not just because were buddies, but the guy's also a whiz at science. Believe me, when it comes to mathematics and general know-how, this guy makes Twilight look like a magic kindergartener. He can solve problems and conduct experiments at speeds that I didn't think were possible.

...I didn't think until I met him, at least.

He's also really into all this portal stuff. You get the feeling that he really joined Aperture Science for the love of the job, not for the pay of it. Which, by the way, is a lot. He seems to know everything I don't know - Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Physics and all the other Quantum things. But he tends to lose me a lot of the time when he gets deep into his science-y mode, so I just nod, smile, and giggle when appropriate.

>CRASH<

What? Hold on, I gotta take this.

CAVE! THERE'S A LOCK ON THE DOOR! AM I GOING TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO WALK IN?

WHAT?

LOOK, I DON'T CARE IF HE IS HANGING ABOVE A PIT OF HYDROFLUORIC ACID! I'M DOING SOMETHING RIGHT NOW, OKAY?!

Sorry about that. Cave must have crashed into the door again. I installed a lock on it the other day, but he never remembers and always ends up ramming into it. But hey, it's pretty amusing to me, so whatever.

Also, I've been hearing rumors about a big project that's going on with a bunch of the high ranking scientists. They've almost hit a major breakthrough in their test chamber production line, so I'm looking forward to...

Huh?

Oh, check it out. I got an email from one of Cave's associates. Maybe I'll finally be able to start working now.

I guess it was about that time anyways. I'll talk to you guys in a week or two, so bye.

>SMASH<

ARE YOU DONE YET?!