• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 9,525 Views, 1,352 Comments

A New Point of View - Cyber V



A boy and a girl recieves a mysterious message, and finds themselves in a new reality.

  • ...
45
 1,352
 9,525

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: New Information

A/N

Oh wow, you are all great everypony, I gotten quite a fair amount of good reviews from the last chapter, this make me feel great, so here is chapter 29.

End A/N

It was been a few days later after I had Pinkie slam me through the wall to get Shadow and Fluttershy to meet, and I still felt sore from that night.

I made my way back from Zecora’s, to get another tooth regeneration potion, which still feels like a pair of pliers is pulling out a tooth in my mouth. As I was following the trail back to Ponyville, I saw something walking across the path and stop in the middle of it, causing me stop in my tracks. I took a closer look and saw that it looked like a cross breed of one of those things that grows trees from that totoro movie and a bright green fluff ball, I also saw that I was carrying a bag on the back.

Must have inhaled something back at Zecora’s hut, because I’m seeing things here, I thought as I rubbed my eyes. I then saw my little hallucination dropped the bag it was carrying and shuffled through it, blocking the contents from my vision.

The fluff ball nodded as if everything in the bag is accounted for and continues to cross the path, ether ignoring me or wasn’t completely aware of me, and enters a side path on the trail leading deeper into the forest. I stepped onto the trail, decided to follow it and see where it is going, and its’ mysterious cargos.

After following it for about five minutes, the green fluff ball must have felt something that it was being followed, for it turned around and saw me, when it saw me, I saw its’ eyes widen and then it disappeared in wink.

What the…? Where did it go? I thought as I looked around on the path, searching for any signed to show where it went to. I crouched down to the ground and looked down the trail, seconds later I saw something move in the corner of my eye.

I shifted my vision to where I saw the movement and there I saw something that seems to be bending the air and light around something. I followed the bending and it slowly revealed the green fluff ball, still carrying the bag on its’ back, and then I resumed my trailing on it.

Once again I must had alerted for it took a glancing look behind and saw me still following it, it quickly face forward and quickened it pace, I too then quickly increase my speed. The fluff ball increased its’ speed more, causing me to do the same, until it and I were running down the path in full speed, entering a tunnel made out of hedges and trees.

For a hallucination or whatever this thing is, it’s pretty dang fast, I saw that we both were coming up to a dead end in the tunnel, ha, nowhere to run now you little creature, I gloated as I put more in more power into my speed, but the fluff ball didn’t stop or slow down, for it immediately run into the bush head on, disappearing under the foliage.

If that thing can do it, then so can I, I rushed towards the hedge anticipated to go through it, but instead I slammed into something solid and felt the immense pain as I bounced off whatever I ran into and hit the ground onto my back. I felt my head spinning as I lifted my head up to see what I hit into.

I saw the green fluff ball come out for beneath the hedge with something in its grasp. It walked up onto my chest until it was with arm length from my face. I looked back at it and saw that it had a smug look on its face, and revealed what it had in its grasp; it was a sucker from who knows where it came from.

It pointed to me then to the sucker, I just stared at it with a confused look. It repeated this motion for a while trying to make a point to me, let’s see here, it pointed to me, ok me, then to the sucker, and sucker, I put these two together, me suckermy suckeryou sucker, wait a second you sucker, and then I got the message it was trying to make to me, “hay, “I yelled.

It must have been waiting for me to make a reaction and say something, for it immediately stuffed the sucker into my mouth and ran off, I got up and dived for it, but it was under the hedge in a green blur already.

Ok what the heck was that, because that’s no hallucination, I realized that the sucker was still in my mouth and found that it tasted like cherry, I don’t even like cherry, oh and I need to get the others for this, and then I concentrated to be in the kitchen of Twilight’s library and disappeared in a flash.

Arcana’s POV

“Ugh, why won’t that thing open up?“ I said in frustration as I stepped out of the basement from unsuccessfully opening the box that I got from the past. I had spent the last hours in the basement using every technique I know to open it, but so far the only thing I was able to do was just to drive myself hungry.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Twilight sitting there reading a book. I grabbed an apple from a bowl that was sitting on the table, I brought the apple to me and took a bite out of it causing Twilight to notice me, “still no luck with that box Arcana? “I swallowed and said, “Ya, I just don’t get it, it sounds like wood, but it feels like metal, and there is no indications that it can be opened.”

All of sudden the there was a bright flash in kitchen, blinding everypony in the room. When the blindness cleared, Twilight and I saw Star was lying on the table, with a sucker sticking out of his mouth and with a pained look on his face.

“Star,“ Twilight cried out, “Are you ok? Have you been dancing with Pinkie again?”

“And do you think you can do something about that flash of yours?“ I asked rubbing spots from my eyes.

Star focused and saw that he was on the kitchen table, he gave a sheepish smile and got off the table. I saw him wince in pain and said,“ Unfortunately no Arcana, and I’m ok Twi, just a little sore from a little meeting with something, and no I wasn’t dancing with Pinkie.”

“Aww, but I liked our little dance step,“ Pinkie called out as she poked her head in through the window.

“Hiya Pinkie,“ I said to her, unfazed by her sudden appearance, going back in time and fighting a evil spirit, find out that you slip into time and then traveling back to your own time, can raise somepony’s surprised bar very high,“ What are you doing here?”

“Well I came to hear the story that Star is going to tell us,“ Pinkie explained.

“How did you know that have something to te-, wait you know what? Forget it Pinkie, you just know,“ Star said spitting out the sucker into the trash can and then he realized something, “And what do you mean ‘us’?”

As if the universe heard him, the front door opened and the rest of the gang entered the library and then into the kitchen. I saw Pinkie started laughing and said into the air, “Good one.”

I shrugged and turned my attention back to Star, who stood flabbergasted as we all stood there waiting for him to start his story. He shook his head and started,“ Ok it all started when I was leaving Zecora’s after I got my tooth fixed- “

“Which by the way, you’re missing,“ Dash said interrupting him with a smile.

“Really?“ he looked around and saw a mixing bowl that was sitting on the counter. He picked it up and gave a smile on the reflective surface and it revealed that he is indeed missing a tooth,“ Oh for crying out loud,“ and then he slammed his head on the bowl.

“Well anyway,“ he said dropping the bowl back onto the counter and turned towards us,“ It all started when I was leaving Zecora’s after I got my tooth fixed…”

Star’s POV

After I had told them the story with my encountered with the little fluff ball, Dash started laughing off her flank from hearing that I was bested by a fluff ball,“ I can’t believe it that you got you flank served to you by a fuzz ball.”

“I never heard about this small creature, you described Star,“ Twilight said looking through books about creatures and mystical beings.

“Well I know what I saw, and Dash that thing had a home field advantage,“ I said to Twilight and Dash, this caused Dash to laugh harder, causing me to groan in annoyance,“ let’s just go, so I can show you where it went.”

About forty minutes later we made a stop at Zecora’s to get another tooth regenerative potion, and then after we all stood outside the hedge where the fluff ball disappeared under.

“This is where it disappeared,“ I said pointing to where the fluff ball went under.

Twilight walked up to the pointed area and examined the area, after moments of studying the area she brought up her hoof and put it towards the bush and knocked. Instead of her hoof going through, her hoof made contact underneath the foliage, and we heard the sounds of echoing metal.

“Everypony, I think that there is something behind here,“ Twilight’s horn started to glow and the brush and branches move away, revealing a set of metal doors. Dash had started laughing and I groaned at what we saw on the doors. On the doors was an imprint of me in an old fashion splattered position.

At the bottom of the door is a hole that had allowed the fur ball to pass with ease and left me to smack into it,“ Oh for crying out loud,“ I said out loud at the sight.

“So how do we open it?“ Twilight asked and then she added,“ Because Star’s way didn’t work,“ she joked giving me a cheeky smile at her cleverness. While everypony was laughing, I did a facehoof in embarrassment.

All of a sudden we heard clinging and clanking coming from behind the door, and doors pushed outward. There standing behind them was… a pink pony; Pinkie. We all turned to where she was and saw that she wasn’t there anymore. We all turned back to Pinkie and I asked,“ How did you opened the door?”

“Well duh, I unlocked it,“ she said with an already know look. Before we can ask any more questions she turned around and started walking farther into the mysterious area. Pinkie stopped when she realized that we weren’t following her, she turned around and said,“ Well are you coming or not?”

That got us to move and follow her into the mysterious area. When we crossed the door, we were meet with something that we all weren’t expecting to see in these forest, a lighted forest space, causing the area to be covered in shade, there was also a few buildings scattered about, but it looked like that nopony had been here for a long time, for the grass was long and leaves were piled around the trees and the buildings are run down.

“Where are we?“ Fluttershy asked looking around nervous.

“I don’t know,“ Twilight answered, “Nothing like this have ever been discovered in the Everfree Forest.”

“I don’t know why, but this place seems to be familiar for some reason,“ Arcana said looking at the clearing.

And then I got the feeling that something was staring at the back of my head. I turned around and saw nothing, but trees and grass, ok that was weird.

“Well then, “Applejack exclaimed, “let’s explore this place, ”and with that she started walking towards what looked like a dome in the distance.

I was walking a little away from the group heading towards the building through the tall grass, when all of a sudden I felt the ground in front of disappear into nothing, “Whoa,“ I said surprised. I quickly unfurled my wings and flapped them, making me airborne, and then I landed next to the hole.

After my heart clam down I examined the hole that I nearly fell into, I saw a pile of rocks lying along with some wood by the hole, I guess that this used to be a well, I concluded.

I looked over the edge of the hole and saw nothing but black inky darkness, “Hello,“ I said into the well and was immediately answered back.

Hello.”

Cool an echo, “how are you?”

How are you?” the well answered back.

“I asked you first.”

I asked you first.”

“Oh that’s real immature.”

Oh that’s real immature.”

I felt myself getting worked up and yelled into the well, “I’m an idiot,“ ha take that you stupid well.

You’re an idiot,“ the well called back.

That got me really confused and mad at the same time and angrily whispered into the well, “All right fine. I’m not talking to you anymore; in fact, I’m going to whisper so I won’t have to hear you anymore you stupid well.

I strained my ears to hear anything coming back at me, but it was just silence that answered my ears, I nodded in victory. As I left to catch up to my friends I heard the well call out, “You’re an idiot,“ causing me to lose focus in my walk and face plant into the ground.

I got up spitting grass and dirt and looked back at the well, but nothing else happened, jeez little fur balls that walks, strange feelings of being watched and wells that gets the last word, just what is this place? I asked myself as I turned and hurried up to catch up with my friends.

Arcana’s POV

We all had arrived at the dome and found out that is was some kind of amphitheatre, set into the ground. I turned around and saw that Star had finally caught up to us, as soon he neared me I asked, “Where were you?”

“Getting back talked by a well,“ was his answer before he went to join the others.

We checked out the amphitheatre and saw that it was the same everywhere; nopony had been here for a long time. The stage full of rotting holes making it dangerous to explore the backstage. In front of the stage sat the remains of what looked like a piano.

I saw Star keep looking over his shoulder with a concerned look on his face,“ What is it, Star?”

He looked at me, “I don’t know, but it feels like that something is watching us.”

Before I can ask at what he meant I heard Rarity call out, “Look over there everypony,“ and pointed.

We look to where she was pointing and saw what looked like a castle through some groves of trees, “Is that a… castle?” Dash asked.

“It appeared to be so, but I don’t remember anything about other castles beside the Royal Pony Sisters and the Cantorlot castle, “Twilight explained.

“Then let’s check it out,“ Star said, started making his way towards the castle. We all followed him towards the castle in the distance.

As we made our way towards the castle we saw a building that looked like it was made out of building blocks next to the castle and it was in the same state as everything around here, we looked inside and saw that must have been a nursery, because we saw baby carriages and cradles along with toys that looked like with disintegrate if we touch them.

We left the remains of the nursery and made our way towards the castle. Up close we saw that use to be pink, but the paint had faded away leaving only the bare gray stone underneath. We all saw in front of the castle was a drawbridge or the remains of, for all there stood was a pile of wood at the bottom of dried up moat , but planks of wood has been set up across the moat, big enough for us to walk single filed.

“So…” Star said gaining everypony’s attention, “Who’s going to cross and into the run down castle,” nopony volunteered. He shrugged and crossed the bridge first and the rest of us followed him.

After everypony had crossed the bridge after Star, we all stood in the courtyard of the castle. We looked around and saw that the courtyard was barren with a few doors leading to different parts of the castle. On one wall was covered in what looked like colorful mold.

I saw Star keep looking back at the mold with a troubled look on his face, “What is it Star?” I asked him as soon as everypony left to explore the castle.

He looked at me and answered me in a whisper, “I don’t know Arcana, but I have a feeling that we are not alone, because I keep getting the feeling that we are being watched,” and gazes around the courtyard.

“You are just being paranoid Star,“ I said and I added, “It looked like nopony has been here for decades.”

He looked back at me with a concerned look, “I don’t think so, because you know what my abilities are right.”
I nodded, “The ability for you and objects to move through space.”

He then continues, “Ya, well I noticed that my ability is connected to space and lately I noticed that I can fell space being taken up, being moved or altered,” he explains, “And right now I feel a lot of space is being taken up, but I can’t pinpoint where it is though.”

I was amazed that he can do that with his abilities now, but before I can say anything else the others returned.

“Did you find anything?” I asked them.

They all shook their head and Twilight said, “Nothing, just rooms filled with rotting and broken furniture.”

All of a sudden I saw phantoms of ponies entered the courtyard that the others had come in. I saw the phantoms move around the courtyard as they are doing something and then I saw one of them phase through Applejack.

I must have been making a face for Fluttershy asked, “Um Arcana, are you ok?”

“Doesn’t anypony see them?“ I said pointing at the phantoms.

They all looked to where I am pointing, and looked back at me concerned, “I don’t see anything,” Dash said.

Before I can say anything one of the phantoms came up and made contact with me, immediately the area flashed and I stood in the middle of the courtyard, but instead in being in ruins the, it was fully restored and I saw ponies walking, talking, and laughing with each other, and as soon as it appeared it disappeared.

“Are you ok dear,” Rarity asked, “You just kind of froze there.”

But I didn’t hear the question, what was that? Why am I the only one able to see them? I questioned myself and then a realization came to me, maybe they’re not ghosts, but whispers of time, but where are we exactly?

And then in the corner of my eye I saw movement coming from the mold covered wall, and I reacted quickly and shot a low level stunning spell into the wall. What we saw next made us stare at the results of my spell, for the wall wasn’t covered in mold, but the same fur balls that Star had explained earlier today. They toppled and trembled down from on top of each other until there was a big pile of stunned fur balls in front of us.

“See I told you that they are real,” Star said to us also too disbelieved at the mast amounts of the creatures in front of us.

And then I saw that fur balls were starting to move indicating that the spell is wearing off. One by one they all slowly got up and looked at us with frightened glances. I took a stop and then a few started to whimper and cry, immediately causing Fluttershy to walk slowly up to them and saying calming thing, like one does with a frightened animal.

“Shh, it’s ok,“ Fluttershy calmly got closer and closer, “She’s not going to hurt you again, you all just kind of startled my friend here,” when she was up to them she picked up as much as she can and started to cradle them, “Oh you all are just so cute.”

The fur balls relaxed and ceased their crying when they heard that, and we all approached them, I saw Star looking at the creatures with a distrusting look, “I don’t trust them, after all one of them did trick me into smacking that door,” and then we all saw a really aged gray one of them stepped out of the group and neared us and did what shocked us all.

It spoke towards Star, “ And I am terrible sorry about that, but you did chase one of our young ones.”

We all stared at it with our mouths hanging open, it looked back and fore at us and then it said with a smug look, “What? You never have seen a bushwooly before.”

And then I remember where I have seen all of this before, “I have,” this time I received looks from everypony and the bushwooly, “This is Ponyland, isn’t it?” I asked towards the bushwooly.

The bushwooly nodded, “I didn’t think that anypony stills remember this forgotten place,” and then it continues, “Tell me, how do you know of this place?”

Oh pony feathers, I don’t want to freak out the bushwooly, “Well um… that is kind of hard to explain.”

“You have seen them too, didn’t you miss…, sorry but I never got your name.”

“It’s Arana, and what do you mean that I see them?”

“Ah not to but in or anything, “Star said coming into the conversation, “but what exactly did Arcana see?”

The bushwooly gave Star a stink eye and said in an annoyed look, “Do you have any respects for your elders? And for your information I am getting to that.”

“Sorry,” Star said apologizing to the bushwooly.

The bushwooly turn towards me and explained, “You saw the memory wisps, didn’t you?”

“What are memory wisps?”

“Memory wisps are remnants of memories that survive through time,” the bushwooly explained.

“Why can I see them? Can you? What about the others?” I launched a barrage of questions at the bushwooly.

The bushwooly raised an arm, silencing my questions, “the reason you are able to see them is because of your abilities, as for me, I catch glimpses of them from time to time, and for the others they can’t see them, but…,” he look towards Star, “But you can feel them that they are there, can’t you?”

“Ya I feel a lot of space being occupied, but at the same time not though, “Star answered.

The bushwooly then started walking back and to saying, “Just as that pony said.”

“What pony?” Pinkie asked, reminding me that the others were still here.

The bushwooly stopped his pacing and said towards me and Star uncertain, “I’ll explain, but I am not sure that I should tell you when they are here.”

“Hay they are our friends, “Star defending them, “Besides I am sure that they have seen and heard strange things that involves us.”

“Very well,“ the bushwooly accepting, “A few nights ago a winged unicorn approached our home-“

“An alicorn,” Twilight interrupting the bushwooly clearly shocked, “but there are only two in existence.”

The bushwooly angrily stared at her, “Do you want me to tell my story, or would you like to take over for me.”

Twilight gave a sheepish grin and took a step back, “humph, that’s right, as I was saying we were approached by an alicorn, he told us that two unique ponies will arrive here and if they can see and feel what this place has, I am to tell them what they are?”

“We already know what they are,” Dash said irritated towards the bushwooly.

“Besides that they used to be humans,“ the bushwooly countered her, silencing her and shocking all of us. It walked up to
me and looked up and said, “He said that your abilities are involved with time and that you are a Time Mover, “after it finished it turns to Star, “as for you, he said that yours is involved with space and that you are a Space Bender.” After it finished talking it walked back to the rest of the other bushwoolies is, where Fluttershy is still holding some bushwoolies making cooing sounds, leaving me, and possibly Star too, in a slight daze.

The old bushwooly motioned for the ones in Fluttershy’s hold and they all jumped out and walked behind the old bushwooly, “now I don’t know if this info is helpful to you or not, for I am merely a messenger,“ and then bushwoolies started leaving the courtyard.

Right before the informant was about to leave I asked, “Wait, can I ask you something?”

The bushwooly looked back and nodded.

“Did the alicorn say what his name is?”

“Yes in fact, he calls himself Fate, now can I ask you all for something?”

“Sure heck, anything at all partner,“ Applejack said speaking for the whole group.

“Will you promise that you will never mention to everypony about this land or us, because we bushwoolies want to be left alone.”

“Cross my heart; hope to fly; stick a cupcake in my eye,“ Pinkie promise doing the motions, the old bushwooly looked at her and then to us with a quizzical look.

“Don’t ask,“ Star said, “We all promise to never tell anypony else, but I have to know, what was in the bag that one bushwooly had? And how did it disappeared when I was following it?”

“It’s the green one that you chased, right?” Star nodded, “that one was collecting sweets, because we all love sweets, and as for the disappearing, all I can say that it was a parting gift to all of us,” and with that the old bushwooly left the courtyard.

A/N

Sorry that it took this long, but I had a lot of thing to do this past week. Well anyway the same deal, please leave reviews, thank you.

End A/N

PreviousChapters Next