• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 9,525 Views, 1,352 Comments

A New Point of View - Cyber V



A boy and a girl recieves a mysterious message, and finds themselves in a new reality.

  • ...
45
 1,352
 9,525

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Midnight Lesson

A/N

Alright there are some of you thinking that Aceiro will become a Mary Sue, but be rest assured I have my reason for doing this. Well once again I thank my editors for helping me with this chapter, now you know the drill, read and then leave your comments and reviews behind for me see what you all are thinking, and don't do any 'first' thing on this story anymore, because they are now starting to crack down on that.

End A/N

Star's POV

After a long train ride home and celebrating Aceiro's recovery, we all have arrived home pretty late at night. I wearily entered my bedroom and flopped down upon my bed, I am going to sleep well tonight, immediately I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

I suddenly opened my eyes, expecting it to be daytime right now, but I was surprised to find that it was dark out instead, why am I awake now? I asked myself.

I looked around in my shadow filled room, looking for any reasons that caused me to be awake right now. Finding nothing on the right side of the room, with no light seeping under the door indicating that everypony else is sound asleep, I turn my head towards the left side of the room, where the light from the moon outside is drifting in through the open window near the base of my bed. It was as well letting in a nice breeze; I saw nothing there as well.

Maybe I am just more alerted from Nightmare's attack, I settled on as look towards the ceiling and started to clear my mind, so I can go back to sleep, but then I sensed a presence near the head of my bed. I slowly turn my head and there I saw a set of gleaming white teeth in the darkness.

I yelped and leaped along with my sheets into the air, grabbing onto the light fixture on the ceiling, which is the same one I had hung from before from the June bug fright. I looked down and saw that the set of teeth belonged to the last pony I expected to see here in my room, as she drifted out of shadows, revealing herself to me, the princess of the night, Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna?" I said in disbelief as I saw her sit on my bed with a look of amusement on her face.

"Amazing…" Luna finally spoke, looking up at me, "I didn't know that pegasi can go that high up without the use of their wings."

"Um, no offence or anything princess," I said as I finally calmed down from the fright I got from her, "but what the hay are you doing here in my bedroom, in fact how did you even get in here?"

"Well I got in here through the window," she answered as she pointed to the open window, but she is much bigger, how did she even… you know what forget about it, "as for why I am here," Luna continues, "I am going to start your lesson right now."

"Lesson, what lesson?" I asked confused at what she said.

"Didn't you get my letter?"

"No, I didn't."

"Huh, I swear I thought I did," Luna said, but I saw a hint of a smile, I think she didn't so she can scare me, "well anyway, can you please come down from there? I am getting a cramp in my neck from looking up at you."

I realized that I am still hanging on the light fixture, I let go and fell to my bed making Luna jump a bit into the air, after I had untangled myself from the sheets that are restricting me, and I am now sitting on the edge of my bed, sitting right next to the celestial embodiment of the moon.

"So what is this lesson about anyway, and why are we going to do this in the middle of the night, can we just do this during the day?" I asked as I gave a small yawn, showing that I am tired and sleepy, wanting to go back to bed.

"No, this lesson can only done at night, for only at night can you fully learn what I am about to teach."

Before I could asked what she meant by that, she quickly wrapped a wing around me and her horn started to glow, and then we both disappeared in a flash of blue light. I fell onto my back onto something that feels gritty, as the bed underneath me disappeared. I sat up and saw that Luna had teleported us to what looks like… a cactus field?

"Ok where are we and why are we here?" I asked I picked myself up from the sand and moved away from a cactus that I realized is a bit too close for my comfort.

"We are in a cactus field outside of Dodge Junction," Luna informed as she pointed to something. I follow where she was pointing and saw buildings in the distance and cherry trees as well, showing in the bright moonlight of the moon, "as for why we are here, well, I am here to train you."

"Train me? Train me in what?" I asked as I sat down, causing a small dust cloud to be kicked up.

Luna looked at me seriously and replied, "Star, you have created a star in my domain; the night sky, but since your star is not one of mine, I do not have control over it."

"Why?"

"Because Star, your star is connected to you, to your very soul in fact, if I had control over it, it will be like I am taking control of you," Luna explained to me, "and that doesn't fit well with me, so I am here to train you in controlling and utilize your leading light Star," pointing towards the night sky with the moon shining overhead.

"Do I have a choice in this matter?" I asked casually to her.

"Nope," Luna deadpanned.

"Ok then," I said standing up and dusting the sand off of me with my wings, "when do we start?"

"Right now in fact," Luna enlightened me, "you need to learn to sense your star and that will allow you to feel the surrounding area, so for you first lesson…" she said getting my attention, "… is to navigate yourself out of this cactus field…"

"Oh that is easy," I said as opened my wings preparing to take off.

"…without the use of your wings," Luna finishes, her horn glowed and flashed, immediately I felt my wings being bounded by magic ropes, "and blindfolded," she added as she levitated a blindfold out of nowhere and floated it over to my head and over my eyes.

When the blindfold lowered over my eyes I asked what was on my mind, "how long am I going to be doing these lessons and when will these lessons begin and end?"

"If everything goes along well and smooth, I say…" I heard Luna calculating and counting, "…about five days the least, and as for when they begin and end, they are starting at midnight and ending at dawn break, now get going."

I have a feeling I am going to be pulling needles out of my butt at the end of these lessons, I thought as I blindly started my way through the cactus fields.

Hours later
Third POV

"Ow," Star cried out as he felt another needle being pulled out of his backside, as he lay on the desert ground on his stomach, while Luna was pulling out cactus needles with her magic, causing a pile to grow next to her. Star had spent hours of wandering through the cactus field and failing at it. He felt like he was becoming more of a pincushion than pony.

"Oh, quit your whining," Luna said as she pulled out another needle, making him wince from the sting of the pull, "what I don't get is how come you didn't avoid any of the cacti," Luna said confused as she saw him hitting almost every single cacti out there in the field, "unicorns are able to sense their surrounding area at a young age."

"Well I am a pegasus, not a unicorn," Star complained, "and I was blindfold- OW," he yelped as Luna pulled another resisting needle, and continues, "I used to be able to sense things around me, but now I can't anymore."

"I don't understand," Luna said as she pulled out the last needles, "I can navigate through this with my eyes closed."

"How does it work for you?" Star asked as got up and tried to stretch my wings, but found them still bounded, "and can you unbind my wings please?"

This shook Luna out of her thinking, "What? Oh yes sure," she said as she unbounded his wings, "and as for how I do it, I use my horn to connect with the moon and stars around it, heightened my senses."

"Well I don't have horn so ya, ah yes, that feels good," Star said as he stretched out his silvery wings, after they have been bound for a long time in front of Luna, Star then heard her take in a gasp of surprise, and looked towards her and saw that she was staring at his wings, and then face hoofed herself and said, "of course you're a pegasus."

"Um, ya, it is pretty obvious," Star bluntly said, mistaken on Luna's comment.

"No that is not what I meant," Luna said correcting his mistake, "I am doing lessons that are unicorn based not pegasi. You don't have a horn, but wings, and also the fact that you have strange magic and that Reality Element on you, I think you have to use your wings in this case, in theory of course, why didn't I think of this sooner?"

"So let me get this straight," Star said trying to grasp the situation here, "you're telling me that you have a theory that might have saved me from getting a butt filled with needles, if you could've thought of before sending me through the cactus field," he said to Luna, where she gave him a sheepish grin, making Star swear that he heard a squee for a second there, "and now you want me to go through the cacti again, making me into a pony pincushion?"

Luna hesitant there and replied with the sheepish smile again, "yes."

"Sigh, fine, but you owe me," he reluctantly agrees as he sat down on the ground, "ok then, let's get this over with," he put out his hoof and motions for the blindfold to be put back on. Luna obliged and the blindfold was once again lowered over Star's eyes, but this time his wings remained unbound.

Instead of Star running into the cactus field like before, he stayed where he is and took deep and calming breaths, clearing his mind to figure what he needs to do, concentrate, I use to be able sense things around me, but not anymore, what is different this time?

He fluttered his wings in frustration, for he couldn't feel anything, but then he felt a small spark and disappears as soon as it appeared. What was that? Star tried to find the spark, but came up with nothing, darn it, I felt something for a second there, but now I can't find it. I only felt it when I got frustrated and… and then he realized something… and fluttered my wings.

Star then remembered what Luna said and to use his wings, think like a pegasus not a unicorn, Stars mind then cleared and he felt his surroundings vanish. Star slowly started to open his wings and then he felt the spark again, he opened his wings a little more and the spark grew some more. Star focused on the spark and immediately he felt a sudden openness as he sensed something far in the sky, a essence that is alien, while familiar at the same time and then Star realized what it was; his leading light. He then focus on the surrounding area and felt the familiar bends and twists of the space fields, revealing and greeting him like an old friend, I got this now, Star thought as he suddenly took off into the cactus field.

Luna as she was just observing Star when he suddenly bolted into the fields. She quickly took to the air to make sure that Star wouldn't hurt himself as he ran through the cactus fields. Luna quickly became worried when she saw him running straight into a large cactus, showing no signs of slowly down. Just as Luna was about to warn him so he can avoid an unnecessary acupuncture session, Star quickly moved to the left and the cactus past him without a needle being stuck into him.

Luna became amazed as she saw Star run through the cactus field blindfold, dodging and weaving through them. Star has almost cleared the cactus field, but he had run down a path where a low wall of cactus stands before him and the other side. Luna saw Star pick up more speed as he is heading towards the low cactus wall, surely he isn't going to jump it, Luna thought as she flew in closer to Star.

Star had neared the wall and Luna quickly got her horn ready so she can teleport him away, but then Star positioned his hind legs underneath him and pushed himself as hard as his strength allowed him, but he had jumped too soon, showing that he won't make it and land on the wall, but then Star flared out his wings, with a flash of silver, he glide over the last inches of the wall. He collapsed his wings and the ground came up to him, he rolled himself up into a ball, causing him to roll along the ground and jumping onto his hooves.

"Ha, take that you stupid cacti," Star announced as he taunted the immovable desert plant, "you are not getting this pegasus anytime soon."

"That was amazing," Luna said as she landed down next to him, "you cleared through that field with so much ease and better performance than the first time, did you find your leading light Star?"

"Yes in fact princess," Star said as he turned towards Princess Luna, "I think my wings acted just like a sun stone, but instead of sunlight, it was moonlight and starlight," he explained as he positioned himself to sit down on a small cactus that he had not noticed, because he didn't remove the blindfold yet, which cause Luna to panic.

"Wait, Star, you're going to sit on a-," Luna tried to warn him.

"Yes sir re," Star interrupted Luna, "I feel like nothing is going to surprise me this time," he said with a smile as he sat down on the small cactus, making Luna wince from imagining the pain Star must feeling right now. Luna saw that Star still had his smile on, but it was shivering and wavering, he then looks towards the area Luna is in right now and said in a pain filled voice, "I just sat on a cactus, didn't I?"

"Yes, Star, you just did," Luna answered.

"Oh boy," Star replied, Luna notices that the blindfold looks like it was getting soaked from moisture with a twin small trails of tear running underneath the blindfold, indicating that Star is crying tears of pain, "Princess Luna, I think you should cover your ears," Star advised.

Luna followed his advice and covered her ears with her arms and for good measure, her wings as well, and braced for what Star has to say, time to bring out the pliers for this one.

Dodge Junction
Cherry Jubilee POV

"OH MOTHER FREAKING CRAP THIS HURTS LIKE FREAKING HELL," was heard echoing throughout the small western town, startling it residents and farm animals awake.

Cherry jolted up in her bed and looks around and listen tiredly, but when she didn't hear anything else, she shrugged, "must have been that new rooster we replaced," Cherry said to herself as she got out of bed and got ready for the new day, while she was thinking, I think I should talk to that rooster about his wake-calls.

A/N

Well, I got this done, pretty fast then I thought I would have thought, well leave your comments behind and thank you for reading.

End A/N

E/N

ketcham1009 says First

End E/N

PreviousChapters Next