• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 9,525 Views, 1,352 Comments

A New Point of View - Cyber V



A boy and a girl recieves a mysterious message, and finds themselves in a new reality.

  • ...
45
 1,352
 9,525

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: Some Things have been Said

A/N

Here you go my faithful readers, the inspiration for this story came to me after a little experiment I performed with birds and crossing the street, so enjoy this stress reliever and tell me what you think in the end, and for those that wants to know what this experiment is just PM me.

End A/N

Star's POV

"Huh?" I asked, thinking I just misheard what Omnius said.

"We're going to get you home and I think your leading light is going to help us," Omnius repeated.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well the way you described at how you can feel your star in the sky, yet at the same time not there as well, is like a temporal dimensional shift," Omnius explained, but I must have been making a confused face for he then added, "I'll explain it so that little mind of yours can understand…"

"OI!" I called out for that.

"… dimension works either by overlapping realities, branch offs, or… well you get the idea" he explained, "anyway, in your case it is an overlapping one, so that would explain you appearing in somepony else's home and why you could feel your star when it is not there."

"So what about the part of getting me home?"

"I am getting there. You see here, I think your star acts like an anchor, so that if you happened to cross into another world you can always find your way back home with it," Omnius explained, "so all we need to do is repeat what you did to get here in the first place… you can do that right?"

"I think so," I said a bit unsure that I can repeat what I did this morning.

"Alrighty then, let's go," he said as moved away from our table and towards the sweet shop's main entrance.

"Where we are going?" I asked as I got up from the table and followed him just as he opened the door, letting in the late afternoon sunlight, and walked outside.

"Well we don't want to cause another sense here, now do we?" he explained as I caught up to him, "so we need to get to the area where you arrived here."

"Follow me then," I said as I led him to the residential area, where my home is supposed to be in. we both finally arrived at the house I arrived in.

"What happened to the front door there?" Omnius asked as he saw the knife hole in the door as we came up to the house that I had caused a commotion at earlier today.

"A frightened mare with a knife, and habit of throwing things," I answered him, which caused him to laugh at that. I was about to scowl for his carefree nature, but he then stopped and said, "sorry, now is not the time to be laughing, we need to get you home as soon as possible, so let's do this."

"OK, but not here, don't want to cause a panic," I said to him, getting a nod of understanding from him. So we made our way to the side of the house, not wanting to get more kitchen utensils to be thrown at me, especially the sharp ones.

"Alright, try to repeat what you did and we will be on our way."

"Wait a minute, you're coming with me?" I asked him when I just understood what he is getting at and getting a nod in response, "why?"

"In case this little trip takes us to a place that isn't exactly… friendly with us, so I can just pop us back here," he explained.

"Okay then," I focused on my Element Marking at phased into its bracer form and closed my eyes and started to concentrate…

"Wait!"

Omnius called out, breaking my concentration, "what is it?" I asked as I opened m eyes.

"Here's a rule that you must be wearily about when going into a new world or reality," Omnius said.

"What's the rule?"

""Rule number 17 of interdimensional traveling: NEVER piss off the birds."

"What's that supposed to mean? And isn't that from Angry Birds?"

"It means what it means. And it's the same thing!"Omnius alleged.

I rolled my eyes at his crazy beliefs, "just put your hoof on my shoulder," I instructed him. He complied and once again I closed my eyes and concentrated and felt my surroundings fade away. I opened my eyes and saw instead of the alleyway between the two houses and Omnius, I was surrounded by the familiar silvery wisps and the dark gray background that started all of this mess and even though I couldn't see Omnius anymore, I can still feel the pressure of his hoof on my shoulder. As I was looking around, I felt something that was there before; a tether of sorts.

I ignored the tether for now and concentrated on the space fields and as well as my Element and just as before, the space fields drew in close and started to drift and sway about my Element. I reached out to wisps that are circling my Element, with my mind, but as soon as my mind touched them they once again turned into the giant wisp that gave me a ride. I hear the faint whispering of voices from it as well as the compelling sensation to grab it, with the tethering feeling more prominent than ever.

I followed the wisp with my eyes, tracking and timing it so I can catch it. When the wisp came close to me, I reached out quickly and grasped the strange anomaly and as before the whispering stopped and the ground beneath me started to crack like I am on glass with silver light showing through. Here we go again, I grimly thought as the ground beneath me completely shattered, but this time I felt the tether feeling all of a sudden start pulling me, and with the sense of falling hitting me, I was pulled into the hole I made.

The wisp pulled me through the weird tunnel of stars around me. I looked ahead and saw the barrier that the wisp made me smack into before, "again with the smacking?" I questioned the wiggling wisp in my hooves, but it didn't answer back and just as before it phased right through the barrier with me smacking right into it, causing pain to be generated throughout my body. "Are you okay Omnius?" I asked as I peeled myself off the barrier and stood up, but then the barrier started to crack beneath my hooves, again.

"Shit, Omnius don't make a move," I said to him, but then I realized that the pressure of his hoof is gone. I carefully looked around and saw that Omnius isn't here with me on the cracking barrier, "Omnius? Where are you?" I called out for him, and then I hear something falling towards me.

I looked up and saw the Pegasus form of Omnius falling towards me, while screaming something about falling. "Oh come on," I said as Omnius is about to fall on top of me, "why does the universe want to hurt me?" I questioned as he fell on top of me, causing me to crash back onto the barrier and completely shattering it, allowing both of us to fall through, with the sound of shattering glass.

I hit a hard wooden floor with my face and was soon followed with pain in my back as Omnius landed on me, "ah… cushiony," I heard Omnius said above me as he patted me in the head, and then I felt him starting to move around, "huh, it appears that your would isn't exactly overlapping mine, seems to be off by a couple feet."

"Who, the hoof, are you?" I heard somepony called out, I pulled my face off of the floor and looked around for the source of the voice and I saw that we both have landed in a living room and saw that it was fully furnished, which made me thought I am in somepony else's home.

"What's going here?" I looked up and there I saw Arcana standing at the base of the stairs with a questioning look on her face.

Arcana's POV
A few minutes earlier

"Ugh, who knew that getting furniture can be exhausting," I tiredly protest as I maneuvered my bed from the late afternoon of outside and through the front door of the house. I cautiously moved my bed up the stairs, careful not to make holes in the wall as I make my way to my room to place my bad in. With a few close calls, I finally made it to my bedroom and positioned it to where I felt comfortable at its current location, "finally done with my stuff. Star can get his own furniture, speaking of which, where is he? I haven't seen nor heard him all day," because he is always getting into some kind of trouble, I finished the sentence in thought.

All of a sudden, I hear a loud crash coming from downstairs. I rushed out of my room and stopped at the top of the stairs and then I hear a voice coming from the living room. I cautiously move down the stairs and into the living room and there I saw Star lying in the middle of the living room was Star with a brown Pegasus lying on top on of him.

"Who, the hoof, are you?" I called out to the pony on top of Star. I saw the pony immediately look towards me, and then I saw Star pull his face off the floor and looked around and then I saw facial expression turn to one that of worried.

"What's going here?" I called out to them again, and this time Star's head turn towards my direction and saw me there.

"Arcana," Star said happily as he saw me, he then kicked the mystery off of his back, which caused him to face plant the floor, and rushed towards me. He embraced me into a hug and continues what he was saying, "Oh thank goodness that I am back in my own world."

"Okay, what going here?" I asked as I pushed Star off of me and as the other pony picked himself off the floor with a moan, "and who are you?"

After the mystery pony dusted himself off gave me a smile and said, "Oh I'm just a Traveler. Name's Omnius and it is nice to meet you."

I stared at the ambiguity pony and then I asked him, "How do you know my name?"

"I'm a wizard," he said with a grin, and then he winked at me and added, "I also know about Victoria's secret."

"W-w-what?" I asked confused at what he said.

"Okay, you got me, I am actually part Timelord," he said with a cocky grin and British accent. I felt a headache form and a slight throbbing pain on my forehead when I am staring at him. I took some steps toward him feeling a little invaded by this nutcase. I am getting a headache just by looking at that cocky grin of his, I thought as took some more steps towards him.

"Alright, alright, chica," he said all of a serious, chica? "Your boyfriend there," he said as he pointed towards Star, "took an accidental trip into an alternate world, much like you took an accidental trip through time. I just helped him get back."

I narrowed my eyes at him at what he said, I then look towards Star for confirmation, "as crazy as he is the truth," Star admitted, "You won't believe his story though."

"Oh? What makes you say that?" I asked as I looked back at Omnius.

He shrugged, and leaned against the wall casually. "Oh, I'm just the Eternal Traveler of Good, and I'm doomed, fated, and destined to Travel throughout all of Time, Space, Matter, and across all of the realities and dreams for all of eternity and beyond that."

"…Yeah, I don't believe that. At all," I deadpanned.

He sighed, and slumped against the wall, again. "No one ever does," he muttered. "I always have to show them something breathtaking and unusual first before they'll even begin to believe it. Jeez."

I motioned for Star to come closer, when he did I then whispered in his ear, trying to be stealthy. "Star, why did you let him into our house?"

"Save your breath, Arcana Timekeeper. I can hear every word you're saying," Omnius called out, apparently heard me from across the room, but then the thing he said just registered in my head.

"Timekeeper?" Star and I asked in confusion at the same time.

"Yeah, Timekeeper. You bear the power of time, and have traveled back in time while resisting the urge to throw off the continuum by changing the course of history," he explained. "It's a title I like to give to people who do that."

"…He IS insane," I concluded my observation on him.

He just sighed again and started shaking his head as if he was contemplating with something and then finally, "Star, tell her I'm not insane," he said, while face-hoofing himself.

"But you are though! Even though you're telling the truth," Star laughed.

"Oh sure, mock the guy who knows more about what you're dealing with than you two do. Hardy-har-har," he growled. After what looks like a couple breathing exercises, he then got up and trotted into the hallway and towards the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Star asked as we followed him.

"That's a good question. This Ponyville have a soda bar? I remember this one great place called the Five Leaf Clover…good times," he responded. He then shrugged and opened the door and was proceeding to leave the house, but when I realized that, I quickly slammed the door before he went any farther, which then caused him to slam into the door. He fell to the floor, surprised while holding his nose in his hooves, "OW! My shnoz!" and then he looked back at me and growled, "Why did you do that?"

I stood over him and said, "You're not leaving this house 'till you tell me who, or WHAT, you are!" I demanded.

"Didn't we already do this?" he asked, getting back up, "I'm the Eternal Traveler of Good, and I'm doomed, fated, and destined to Travel throughout all of Time, Space, Matter, and across all of the realities and dreams for all of eternity and beyond that," he repeated getting under my skin.

My horn started to glow in a golden color, prepping a stunning spell to immobilized him so I can get proper answers, but he just stared at me and let out a sigh of boredom, "you're going to-"

"Start talking and you're going to start listening," he countered, with the hint of impatience and with any traces of his humor disappearing, "what I'm about to say is incredibly important, and I'm only gonna say it once; you bare a terrible power. One that has the potential to do great things, if you haven't already, learn how to control it and make sure you study the theories behind your powers; alternate universes, timelines, the whole she-bang. You need to learn all about those if you want to truly realize your full potential, understand?"

What he said had surprised me, which caused me to lose my concentration on the spell and the light from my horn faded away, and then the meaning of his words sank in, and I somewhat reluctantly nodded in understanding, "who ARE you?" I whispered.

All of a sudden the air around him started to shimmer like pavement under a hot sun, which caused the lights from the living room to be bended in an array of lights, and with shadows flickered around him, and the vest that he is wearing, started to flutter in an unknown breeze. He looked at us and smiled and then gave a wink, "I'm the Traveler … and now, it's time I took my leave …ESPERANTO!" As soon as he said those words, he stood up on his hind legs and tipped over backwards, just as he was about to hit the ground he disappeared.

Star and I stood at the spot where the still questionable sanity pony disappeared for a few more minutes, "what just happened?" I asked Star.

"I am not to entirely sure, but I think Omnius just gave us an advice and went home," Star explained.

"Who was he?" I then looked towards him, "and what happened to you anyway?"

"Well I was doing a little experiment with my Element…" then Star told me what happened to him from since this morning to how he meet Omnius and fought him, and then eventually getting along with him and told him what happened to all of us and how he got home, "… and then Omnius landed on top of me and crashed into the living room where you found us."

"That is a very interesting tale, but there is now one thing I must do," I said as I came in closer to him.

"What is it?"

I brought up my hoof and slammed it down on top of his head, "BAKA!" the blow to his caused him to fall to the floor and hold his head.

"OW, why did you do that Arcana?" he asked me as he stood up and rubbing the area where I hit him.

"That was for mentioning the Victoria Secret part to him," I answered, "but I am glad that you are ok," I as I took him into a hug. I broke the hug and looked towards at the clock that it is hanging on wall in the hall and saw that it was getting late, "now let's go to bed, because moving a lot of furniture is sure is tiring work."

"Which by the way," Star responded, "looks great, I like the look of the couch," Star commented the sofa.

"Good, because you are sleeping on tonight," I replied back as I made my way upstairs.

"Wait, what?" Star asked confused, "why?"

"Because I didn't get you a bed," I answered as I made it to the top of the stair, "but if you would rather like to sleep on the cot again, be my guest."

"Why didn't you?" he complained.

"Because I am not a maid, so I don't have to do everything around here," I added, "goodnight," and walked into bedroom and shut my room door closed on Star.

Outside of Star and Arcana's home

Fate stood across the street from the home of two bearers of the Elements of Reality that he created, with the shadows clocking him so that he become near invisible to the naked eye, as he observed the home. When the light in the living went out, he felt a familiar presence appear behind him and started coming towards him, "was that really necessary to do that to him Destiny?" Fate called out to the being behind him, "because he was enough problems already."

"It is necessary Fate," the silver alicorn answer as she walked up next to me, "because with this event, a series of proceedings will soon follow that will affect his part of the prophecy."

"But doesn't that mean you are tampering with your own prophecy though?" Fate pointed out.

"No it doesn't," Destiny answered him, "all I did was starting this event sooner."

"Why?"

"Because the day of his destiny didn't change what so ever, so that will mean he wouldn't be prepared for when it comes, so I had to do this."

Fate shook his head trying to understand her, "I don't get you, you created that horrid thing of a Reality Element and yet here you are helping one of my bearers, what's your angle?"

"You should know me though Fate, I am not on the good side neither on the bad side, for I am just… neutral," Destiny answered.

"Sigh, never mind, so did you ever figure out what happened to that blasted Element of yours?"

"Not a clue, but what about that Will Element of yours? And also that "blasted" Element of mine, helps creates balance in this world."

"Yeah, yeah, you always say that, and no I don't know how Aceiro did it, for I never designed it to somehow create that armor."

"Do you think the other Elements are capable of transcending like the Will Element did?"

"I don't know, not even the past bearer of the Element of Will was able to do something like that."

"Well I know one thing for sure," Destiny cryptically said.

"What?"

"You better duck," Fate quickly lowered his head and immediately a flowerpot flew over where his head has just been and hitting the ground behind him and into a million pieces. He looked to where the potted plant generated from and saw the bearer of my Element of Time, Arcana, leaning out of the second floor window, looking a bit irked, as if she just had been woken up by something and he also saw that she is holding a heavy-looking book in her hoof.

"Stupid cats, that showed them," Fate heard Arcana sleepily said as she withdrew back into her room and slammed her window shut.

Destiny and Fate waited for a few seconds, making sure that the Element of Time has went back to bed, "she has a nice and accurate throw there," Destiny commented at the Time Mover's pitch at Fate.

"Let's go and leave this place already," Fate said as he raised his head wearily.

"Afraid that she will start throwing things at you again," Destiny chuckled.

"I am more afraid of her start throwing sharp things," Fate replied and all of a sudden a knife landed between Fate and Destiny with the knife's handle jutting into up into the air. Fate looked up to Destiny with a frightened look on his face and saw that she had the look of surprise on her face. They both turn their heads and there they saw standing at the living room window was a very irked bearer of the Reality Element of Space Star.

"Stupid cats," Fate heard Star as he slides the living room window closed.

"OK let's get out of here," Destiny suggested.

"Agree," and with that Fate and Destiny faded away into the shadows.

The Next Morning
Star's POV

I made my way through the noisy, bustling pony-filled streets as I tiredly made my way to the Quill and Sofa store to myself a bed so I can properly sleep well tonight, because the couch was simply not made to be slept on, but at least it is better than those cots, "stupid cats, why did they have to be so noisy at night? I am so tired."

I finally arrived at the furniture store, I saw a very familiar pony standing in front of the store's door, "hay Shadow, how's it hanging?" I asked the Pegasus as walked up to him, which caused him to jump a bit out of fright. He looked back at me and saw that it was just me and calmed down.

"Oh good morning Star, what are you doing here?" Shadow asked me.

"Getting a bed for my health," I answered him, "what about you and why are you waiting out here for?"

"I am getting a bed that is big enough for me and Fluttershy to sleep together comfortable," Shadow answered with a little blush when he said that, "and as for why I am waiting out here, because the store wasn't opened yet," Shadow then pointed to the list of store hours that is hanging on the wall. I looked at the store hours and saw that store is going to open in a few minutes.

So Shadow and I stood outside of the store and waited for a few minutes, but we didn't have to wait long, for the sounds of locks unlocking was heard coming from the door, wait a minute, why does even a furniture store need locks? The door opened, indicating that the store is now opened, never mind that now, I can finally get a bed.

After Shadow and I placed our orders on the beds we want and was told that they will be delivered to our houses, we both walk out of the store and towards town square, "well I have nothing else to do today, so Shadow do you want to hang out today?" I asked him.

"Sure," Shadow agreed, "but there was something else I need to do today," Shadow looked a little troubled, "but I forgot what it was though, but I think it has something to do with you."

"Then maybe it will come to you later on," I suggested as well both entered the town square, and the first thing I noticed was the absolute silence that was just a lively place a few minutes ago and I saw that a large crowd of ponies are circling the town hall, "what's going on here?" I asked a pony as Shadow and I mingled with the crowd of ponies.

The pony looked towards me and she answered, "We have some visitors and they already have set up encampment outside of town, we don't know who they are, but even though we all didn't see what they look like, I heard that they are an odd sort.

"Oh come, they can't be that odd," I stated as I protected the honor of the mystery visitors.

The mare was about to say something, but an announcement interrupted her, "attention everypony," which then drew our attention towards town hall where we saw Mayor Mare standing on the porch that leads into the building, "attention," when Mayor Mare is sure that she is holding our attention, "alright everypony, as you all know, we have some visitors that we all haven't seen before, but that doesn't stop us from welcoming them, now let's all give a warm Ponyville welcome to the current leader and the rest of the nomadic tribe of deer; Leading Ten-Point."

"Did she just say deer?" Shadow asked me as he leaned in close.

"I think she just did," answered him.

Shadow looked as if he was about to say more, but the sound of doors stopped him, we turn our attention back to the building and there we saw a large stag walk out of the building, the stag hosted a large pair of ten-point antlers on top of his head, and is wearing robe-like clothing, "hello everypony," he called out to all of us, "I would like to kindly thank the mayor here allowing us to stay here so that we can rest and replenish our food stocks," he said with as he took a bow to us, "so we will kindly help you in return as you did for us," with that he stood up from his bow and added, "and I know that you don't know much about us, so to those that are curious about us and wants to learn more about us. So please, don't be shy, just come and visit out temporary village outside of town."

He looks behind him and there I saw two other deer and nodded to them. The two deer were a stag and the other a doe with both of them wearing robes like Leading Ten-Point, and in the antlers of the stag, I see some odd looking birds, but before I can a good look, the doe reached out and gave what looks like a scroll to one of the birds, the quickly grasped it and it suddenly took off from the stag's antlers and into the sky.

"Well I would like to stay," Leading Ten-Point said as he looked back at us, "but we must get going to prepare our homes for our temporary stay here," and with that him the other two deer walked off the porch and towards the direction to the fields outside of Ponyville, causing the ponies to politely move out of the three deer path.

Thirty Minutes later

Shadow and I had followed the three deer, along with a few other ponies from town as well, to the fields outside of the town, where we saw that the once empty fields is now bustling with life from the hundreds deer of the deer tribe. I saw the adult stags and doe hurriedly about here and there setting up their tent homes, while the children run and played around, "this is incredible," Shadow said in awe as we walk past the tents and deer, "I have never seen deer before, have you?"

"Um…" I remember seeing deer when I was human, but I don't want to mention that, for I might have to explain to him about me being a creature that are mentioned in legends, "… not really, I have heard of them, but never got up close like this," I said as couple of deer children ran across our path, kicking a small ball around. As Shadow and I continue our way deeper and deeper into the deer tribe's camp, I noticed that there are more of those strange birds I saw back in town and was finally able to get a good look at them. They appeared to be a mix breed of a toucan and a parrot, and that their feathers are like the spectrum of a rainbow, each with a different color of band on their beaks, "what is up with the birds?"

"I don't know," Shadow replied as we walked into a small clearing in the middle of the sea of tents, which was filled with posts and perches, allowing the odd birds to nest in them, "I have never seen birds like these before, even when I was traveling across Equestria," he added as he walked up to one of the post that is being currently being occupied by one of the birds and then he proceeded to have a staring contest with it.

"Because these birds are not native to Equestria," a voice called out from behind us, startling us. We quickly turned around and saw a stag with a pair of eight-point antlers on his head and he was also slightly taller than me and Shadow. I looked up at his face and took a closer look and saw that he is one of the deer that was in Ponyville, "oh terrible sorry about the scare, oh wait I haven't introduced myself, haven't I?," the stag said, he then proceeded into a bow, "am called Avian Concierge," and then he recovered from the bow.

"That's ok," Shadow assured Avian, "my name's Shadow Breeze, and this here Star Streak," he said as he pointed to me, I waved in greeting to him, "and it is nice to meet you Avian, but can you explain more about these birds, because I am intrigued by them," Shadow said pointing to the flock of birds behind us, "and you said something about them not being native to this land, earlier."

"I see that we have another concierge among us," Avian said, "Well you see-"

"These birds were found by our ancestors," a voice called out interrupting Avian, and then a doe walked from behind a tent and towards us, when I saw the doe, I immediately recognized her as the other deer from before. Avian looked back and saw the doe, "oh come on Story Teller, I wanted to tell this story."

"But it is my job," she replied back to him.

"What's your job?" I asked her.

"I am one of the story tellers in the tribe," Story answer as she looked towards me, "we tell stories about our past and our legends, and I am also like an unofficial tour guide of the tribe as well," she explained, "and so it is my job to tell the history here."

"But is it about the birds, of which I care for," he pointed out.

"That's true," Story said and then she started to contemplate with herself, "fine I will let you tell the story, but only this time though," Story reluctantly agreed.

"Finally," Avian said happily, "well you see here Shadow, Star. Our ancestors discovered these birds hundreds of years ago outside of Equestria," he said as he whistled towards the birds and one of them fly off of its' perch and towards him, where it then landed in his antlers and Avian continues, "you see, before the birds became part of the tribe, our ancestors relied on the star to navigate, but then something happened, about a thousand years ago, the stars and moon stopped moving, which we would later found out that is was due to Nightmare Moon. So due to what Nightmare Moon's did, our ancestors wander aimlessly around the land, until they happened themselves into a land that they have never seen before."

"At first they were lost and scared, but then they heard a bell-like call coming from the distance, so with nothing to lose, they followed the sounds. Our ancestors followed the sounds until they arrived back into the land that they recognized immediately. They searched the area looking for the cause of their safe return back to the land we love, at first they couldn't find any sentient or structure that could've make those bell-like noises, but just as they were about to give up the search at what saved them, the birds made themselves known to them and revealed that they were the ones making that sound," Avian rolled his eyes upward towards the bird and said, "go on, show them" the bird gave a nod and opened its' beak, but instead of a normal bird call, it let out a bell-like ring,"

"I never get tired listening to it," Story announced as she closed her eyes all relaxed, while the bird let out some more bell rings.

"Well after a little dispute between the birds and the tribe," Avian continues, "the birds decided to stay with the tribe."

"Wow," Shadow said in awe, "so they became part of the family, that's amazing."

"That isn't the only thing that is amazing," Story said, "our ancestors later found out that they have a very keen sense of direction, so that helped us greatly."

"Really," Shadow said really intrigued at this, "these birds can do that, that remarkable."

"And you must have noticed the color bands on their beaks by now, right?" Avian asked and we nodded, "well they're naturally color coded," this got a surprised look from Shadow, "the one with red bands help us forage for food, blue ones help us out with the chores, green gather information, yellow is communication."

"That's astounding," Shadow in awe from hearing what the birds can do, "but what are they called?"

"Well our ancestors named them Murphy's Birds," Avian told Shadow, "but I don't know why they did though."

"Well that's a silly name," Shadow said confused, all of sudden Story and Avian looked at Shadow with scared and concern looks.

"They also look a…" I started and Story all of a suddenly went wide-eyed and rushed at me when I started to say what was on my mind.

"No wait, stop!" she called out, trying to stop what I was saying.

"…bit silly," I finished my sentence just as Story clamped her split hoof over my mouth, but I had successfully said what was on my mind. I saw Story look behind me with worry written on her, and then all of a sudden I felt a lot of pair of eyes staring at my back. I removed her hoof away from my mouth and turned around and saw that all the birds were staring at me and Shadow with malicious intent visible in their eyes, which was seriously giving me some serious bad vibes, "what did I say?"

When I said that, one of the birds opened its' beak and let out a loud call, but instead of the sweet toned bell call like before, it now sounded like a pair of clanking metal pots. Other birds then started to join the first, until the sound of clanking pots were hanging in the air, and then it suddenly stopped.

I have a bad feeling about this, I thought as I started looking back at Avian so he can explain to me what just happened, but all of a sudden, the birds took off from their perches and posts and pans flew right at me and Shadow. The birds started to circle us and then I felt something plunk a feather a feather out of wing, causing me to yelp out in surprise pain from the pain the pulled feather caused, and then I heard Shadow yelp out in pain as well. Then just as sudden as the birds had started to swirl around us they broke apart and flew into the sky where they then vanished into the afternoon sun.

"What the hay just happened?" I asked as I rubbed the spot where my feather was just pulled out.

"I'm with Star on this one," Shadow agreed, "Did we just do something?"

Before the two deer can say anything the sounds of galloping hooves was heard and that they were making towards our location, and then a stage rushed into the now empty clearing, "Avian," the stag called out to Avian, "please don't tell me that-"

"Yes Running News, it happened again," Avian said gloomily to him.

"Oh for goodness sake," the deer called Running News said frustrated, "sigh, might as well the others know about the situation," and with that he ran off and back into the sea of tents.

"OK seriously what just happened?" I asked, demanding some answers.

"Oh buck," Avian said as he gave himself a hoof to the face, "I should've warned you first before anything else."

"Warn us about what?" Shadow asked, "and why did the birds take one of my feathers?" he added as he stretched out his wings revealing the empty spot where his feather have once been.

"Yeah, why did they take one of my feathers?"

"Oh dear," Story said worriedly, "They already took a sample and made you two into targets?"'

"Eh?" Shadow asked confused.

"You see…" Avian spoke up, "… these birds are a bit sensitive about themselves. So they will take anything, and I mean anything even an accidental or a really small, negative statement, and will take that as a declaration for reimbursement."

"EH?" Shadow repeated himself.

"In non-literary form please," I stated.

"He means, that when you make a negative comment about one bird of the flock, then you made a negative comment to the whole flock, which they all will get back at you for the made comment and they do it by taking a feather or piece of mane from the pony that insulted them and make them into targets," Story explained.

"Okay that's better," I said and then I added, "So basically, if you insult one bird, the whole flock come and take a piece of ya, which will then allow them all to get payback at you later on."

"Correct," Story confirmed.

"EH!" Shadow cried out.

"Well that's just perfect, I am back home for ONE day and this happens," I said frustrated, "that crazy pony was right, you should never piss off birds when traveling," I said as I remember

Omnius rule about never to piss of birds.

"Um…" Shadow said nervously, "… how many birds are in tribe's flock?"

"Well let's see here," Avian thought, "the last time we did a count, we had a total of about fifty birds."

This calmed down Shadow a bit after hearing the number, "oh that's good, when was the last time you counted anyway?"

"It was about five years ago," Avian replied, which caused Shadow to freeze right there on the spot.

"How many birds do you think there are now?" I asked concern for Shadow's health.

"Well I say that the flock's numbers will be around…" Avian calculated in his head, "… close to about a hundred."

"EH!" Shadow proclaimed taking in a large gasp of air when he heard that and then he proceeded to faint right there on the spot.

"Well this is just perfect," I sarcastically announce.

A/N

Well this is a surprise to me, for I was originally going to write this chapter as a stress reliever and had somehow made it into the story… this is a surprisingly turn of events, so I hope you all enjoy this chapter and also, you can thank GX98 for that awesome cover art for this awesome story. Please leave your reviews, comments and questions behind in the comments, so I can see them and answer any questions, thank you.

End A/N

PreviousChapters Next