• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 9,525 Views, 1,352 Comments

A New Point of View - Cyber V



A boy and a girl recieves a mysterious message, and finds themselves in a new reality.

  • ...
45
 1,352
 9,525

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48: Friday the 13th

A/N

Wow, just wow, everyone laughed and loved the last chapter, so I hope I can get more of that out with this chapter. I have finally reached my 100th person to favorite this story on Fimfiction, so thank you Faintfox, now read the chapter, review it, and leave your comments behind, thank you.

End A/N

Star's POV

"Finally I am done," I weakly said as I flopped on my bed after hours filled lessons of Luna training me to utilize my star, "I am finally done with the first lesson," and pulling out that cactus out of my butt, I grumbled to myself as I remember the cactus I sat on, and suspected that wasn't the last of I will sit on. I fell asleep with the first rays of sunlight just reached over the mountain tops.

I felt something starting to poke me in the muzzle. I opened my eyes and saw the little pest of annoyance; Pee-Wee, standing a little away from my pillow and from the position I am sleeping in, cause me to see Pee-Wee from a sideways view.

"What do you want, you little pest?" I asked the baby phoenix.

Pee-Wee got a sinister look that didn't sit right with me, Pee-Wee walked a little away, out of my point of view, with only his tail plumes showing, looking like he is picking something up. Pee-Wee came back with something in his beak, but I couldn't tell what it was. Pee-Wee coughed up whatever he had in his beak and onto my bed, "ewww, that's disgusting," I said to the phoenix and then I got a closer look as the thing Pee-Wee spit up… and caused me to panic.

Pee-Wee had just coughed up one of those devil beetles right in front of my face; a June Beetle, and it was still alive and kicking, and to give more evidence that is was still alive, Pee-Wee stuck out a claw and pressed on the beetle, making it to start hissing and screeching.

"AHHHHH!" I leaped out of my bed and grasped the ceiling fixture that not long ago I hung from Luna surprise visit. Pee-Wee ran out of my room, laughing like Woody the woodpecker, "you damn bird, if I wasn't a pony I will eat you for lunch," I called at the annoyance that had just left my room, while shaking my hoof at him. As I was about to get down from the ceiling fixture, I felt myself drop a few inches and jerk to a stop.

"What the…?" I looked up to the ceiling and saw cracks forming around the ceiling fixture, and which they are quickly growing bigger, "oh shit," I said in reconciliation, and then it gave away to a large breaking sound.

Arcana's POV

Sitting at a table in the foyer, calmly taking a sip of tea as I brought the cup up to my lips through my magic, while reading a nice romance novel that I have happened to come across while looking through the library, I am not much for tea and romance, but some reason I am actually enjoying this moment of peace and-, "you damn bird, if I wasn't a pony I will eat you for lunch," I heard Star yell from upstairs, shattering the sound of silence, never mind.

I hear the sound of clucking laughter coming down the stairs. I turned my attention to the stairs and the baby phoenix, Pee-Wee rush down and pass me, while giving me a quick salute and heading towards the kitchen, ah finally peace and-, and all of sudden I heard a loud crash coming from upstairs, more precisely from Star's room, ugh, forget about it, I thought as I continue with my reading.

Star's POV

I pulled myself out the remains of my ceiling and bed and coughed up dust and insulation. I got myself fully out of the debris pile and assessed the damage I had unintentionally done, it appears that the ceiling light had ripped out the frame and wires that held it into place, along the surrounding area, with some areas showing signs of soon falling, well, there goes my savings, I thought as I calculated the cost to fix this mess, and it doesn't look good for me.

I made my way to the door so I can get something to eat, but before I left the room, I stood and stretched, making a series small pops go off in my back, "Ow," I said as I went back to four and made my way downstairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs and into the foyer, I saw Arcana sitting at the table reading and sipping what looks like tea, "what was all that about?" Arcana asked as I past her to get to the kitchen.

"Oh Pee-Wee gave me a little surprise for me this morning."

"Oh that's sweet what was it and what was that crashing sound earlier?"

"Pee-Wee gave me a freaking June beetle, and as for the crashing sound. It was me, a ceiling and my bed getting to know each other more," I said making a snappy remark.

"How bad is it?" Arcana asked getting past my sarcasm.

"I think bad enough that my savings are going to take a hit," I answered as I finally made my way into the kitchen.

"Then you shouldn't hang from that light fixture," I heard Arcana replied as I started to rummage through the fridge looking for something good to eat.

"But I love to be like a monkey from time to time," I countered as I settled for a lettuce, tomato and hay sandwich, and took it out of the fridge and started eating it, "beside do you know what the date is, I kind of lost track of what day it is," I then took a bite out of the sandwich, hmm… good sandwich.

"It is Friday the 13th," Arcana answered. When I heard that, I spit out the chewed up food in alarm and towards Arcana. Arcana quickly caught my glob of chewed food with her magic and shot it right back into my still open mouth, forcing me to swallow the not anymore appetizing glob of food.

"First of all, you shouldn't be eating in the library," Arcana inculcated to me like a strict librarian, "second, that was just plain disgusting with what you just did with the food," she said with look of disgust, "and third, what was up with that reaction?"

"Sorry about that, but if today is Friday the 13th, is when there are openings that universe doesn't need an opening to get at you," I said as I remember the cactus sitting I did early in the night.

"Oh please," Arcana said annoyed about my reaction, "I am sure you are just overacting."

"Then explain why Pee-Wee gave me a June beetle and my ceiling collapsing on me," I pointed out.

"Hmm, let me see here," Arcana said in a sarcastic tone, "maybe because Pee-Wee loves to wake you in the craziest ways, and the ceiling fell due to you acting like a monkey on it," Arcana explaining the possible ways for those things to happen, "now get out…," Arcana's horn started to glow and I felt myself being dragged towards the door by some unknown force, "… because I have been on this one page ever since you woke up," and with that I was kicked out of the library, with the door slamming shut behind me.

I picked myself off the ground and turn towards the shut door and said out loud, "Fine I guess I will have to face this day all by myself," I then turn towards the town and started to make my way to it, but after I took a few steps, I felt something coming into contact with my head, making pain explode in my head, with my face hitting the ground due to the momentum of the object that had hit me, "GAH, that freaking hurts," I said as I picked myself up from the ground to see what hit me.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me," I said as I saw the remains of a flowerpot even with a flower and dirt in it, "where did this even come from?" I asked to nopony in particular as I looked towards the sky to find the flowerpot's origin.

High above Ponyville Library
Derpy's POV

"Oh dear," Derpy said as she looked through the hole her flower had fallen through, when she had set it to take a break from flying with it, "not again, I hope I didn't hit somepony this time," she with concern for those below, "at least I am not delivering an anvil this time," and with that she took off towards Sugarcube Corner to get a muffin.

Star's POV

I cautiously made my way towards Sugarcube Corner, occasionally glancing up into the air to see if anything bigger then a flowerpot is making towards my way. When I safely crossed the open area on the streets I breathed a little easier, as I am gaining confidence and started to walk down the middle of the street with the water tower ahead of me, thinking I am just overacting like Arcana suggested, I hear somepony cry out behind me, "look out, ran away cart."

"What?'' I looked behind me and saw a vegetable cart heading towards me, "oh crap," and by instinct I hit the ground and covered my eyes. I felt something big pass over me along with a gust of wind. I opened my eyes and found myself completely unharmed and ok.

"Yeah, take that karma," I yelled out in ecstasy as I got up from the ground, "you didn't get this pegasus this time," I pumped my hooves in the air in victory, but then my victory was cut short when I heard a loud crash behind me, soon followed by the sound of creaking and groaning wood, and somepony calling out, "my cabbages." I looked behind me and saw what made me put down my hooves, for instead of the vegetable cart hitting me, it hit one of the support pillars of the water tower off, causing the tower to lean towards my direction and then it toppled.

As soon as the water tank hit the ground, the top of it burst open and the water rushed out like a tsunami. Other ponies around me started to run away from the giant wave of water that is currently heading straight at me, the tsunami had reached about ten feet above my head, and I knew that I wasn't able to get out of this scratch free, "oh fuck," was the last thing I said before the wave came pounding right on top of me, filling my senses with water.

I felt air being pumped into my lungs, and then pressure started to be pounded on my chest, this action was repeated a couple of time. I must have showed some kind of sign, for I heard, "I think he is waking up," and then pounding on my chest resumed and then I felt somepony pressed their lips against mine and blew into my lungs. I shot open my eyes and there I saw Caramel giving me mouth to mouth respiration with an observing crowd around him, I pushed him off immediately and started coughing up water.

"Are you ok?" Caramel asked me, I nodded as I coughed up the last of the water from my lungs, "alright then, I thought you have drowned, you're lucky I know mouth to mouth respiration, huh," and then Caramel looked around and then said, "well I have to go, see ya around," with that he walked away to do some business he has to do and soon after the crowd dispersed, resuming their errands.

Then I realized what just happened, and started spitting and rubbing my tongue, trying to get rid of the feeling of having a stallion kissing me, oh god, why? Why? I am in a town where the population is mostly mares and I ended up getting kissed by a stallion instead, why must you be so cruel karma? After I got rid of any traces of have been kissed by a stallion out of my mouth, I got up and looked where I am and saw that I had appeared traveled from the water tower to almost Sugarcube Corner, and the thought of all those food, my stomach started growling, indicating that I have miss lunch.

I got up and dried myself as much as I can, by shaking like a dog and made my way towards the sweet shop, feeling tired and beaten up from all of the crap karma have passed on to me, and why do I have a feeling that that she is not done yet? I finally made it to the front door of the sweet shop, but just as I was about to open it, I had an epiphany. I opened the door and quickly dropped to the ground and just I hit the ground, I heard a loud boom and Pinkie flew overhead and landed on her rump, looking dazed.

"Wow that is the last time I cleaned my party cannon, while it is primed to fired," she said with a smile, she got up, dusted herself off and made her back into the shop, only stopping when she saw me on the ground, "what you doing down there silly, oh are you looking for a Snipe?"

"Pinkie the reason I am on the ground is because I just had an epiphany," I answered as I picked myself up from the ground, "and if the Snipe you asked is anything I think it is, and then no I am not looking for a Snipe."

"Ah phooey, those epiphanies are just mumbo jumbo to me, for the don't work for me," yeah, because you are just too random, for anything to work for you, "and I found a snipe the other day, I followed back here and it went underneath the house, but this Snipe had a long tail, and looked more like a large mouse," Pinkie said confused.

"Um Pinkie, I think that was a rat," I suggested to her what it might be.

"Funny that is what Mr. Cake said as well, oh well I hope Mr. Snipe likes razzleberry pie," and with that Pinkie happily bounced back into the shop, leaving me standing confused at the open door, with the wafting smells of fresh baked goods coming out, forcing my mind to forget what Pinkie said and follow her inside, to get something good to eat, to fill my stomach and the aftertaste of being kissed by a stallion, "yuck."

I walked out of Sugarcube Corner with a full stomach and the kiss now a distant memory. I noticed that the sun is started to set, so I started to make my way back to the library. When I was about halfway to the library, I started to hear a faint whistling, but I ignored it thinking it was just my imagination, but as I neared the library, the whistling got louder. I looked up in the air, but the setting sun is making excellent cover for whatever is making that sound.

I picked up my pace and hurried back to the library, but the whistling just got louder and louder, when the library was finally in sight, whistling appeared to be hanging overhead, about to strike any second now, and then I realized something, oh god I am an idiot, I can warp, I concentrated and disappeared in a flash and reappeared in the library startling Arcana and Twilight that appeared that were discussing about books.

"Why don't you just come through the front door like a normal pony does?" Twilight asked, "Because I am getting a bit tired of having you appear like that anywhere."

"Well to answer your question why I didn't come through the door like a normal pony is because A. I was originally not a pony and B…" and all of a sudden, an earth rumbling boom was heard outside, "… because of whatever that was."

I opened the door and what I saw made me cry out in shock, "Oh for Pete's sake, how is that even possible?" Arcana and Twilight rushed to the door and saw what I am currently looking at, for an anvil had impaled the ground that I was just at a few moments ago.

"Now who is overacting?" I asked as I shut the door on the oddly placed anvil before us.

Derpy's POV

"Why did the post office give me an anvil to deliver, don't they know, that it is dangerous to carry one of those thing?" Derpy asked herself, as she flew around in the growing darker sky looking for an anvil that she dropped, "I hope that it didn't hit anypony, like before."

A/N

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, because the next chapter and the one after that are the two-part special event chapters, so the next chapter will take some time to be uploaded, so leave your comments and reviews behind, so I can know what you all are thinking.

End A/N

PreviousChapters Next