• Published 19th Jan 2012
  • 8,284 Views, 142 Comments

MEGAMAN ZERO: Legends Never Die - belmontzar



ZEro has regained his sense of self. His true self. Hes tired and takes a vacation.

  • ...
12
 142
 8,284

Adapting to the new world

Zero puts down the books in thought.
"OK let me get this straight. The majority of this world is populated by ponies, gryphons, and tons of other beings that are mere myth on my world. Cockatrice, dragons, and all of that are real here."
Twilight nods. "Correct."
Zero nods. "There are 4 types of pony being. Pegasus who fly and have weather 'magic', Unicorns who use another form of magic thanks to their horns, earth ponies who have incredibly strong endurance, as well as peak physical shape, and the Alicorn rulers who Are basically all of that plus an epic little bow?"
Twilight nods. "Also correct. Any questions?"
"A few, some will take personal theory but at the moment the only far pressing thoughts are the seriously random chance of your books and Language being the same as mine. No calculation makes sense.. and it leads me to think I was placed here on purpose." Zero says in thought. "Are you sure X, Megaman, and all those other names are not in any of these books?"
"Yes but I'm going to ask the princess about those questions myself. Though for a random traveler its nice that you don't need to eat or drink. I mean the trouble of finding FOOD for some one who has never been here before must be terrible."
"Yeah that makes sense.. so the personal stuff. Lets see.. your name is Twilight, your the student of Princess Celestia the princess deity of the sun. The cyan rainbow pegasus is Rainbow dash, who is part of the weather team. Fluttershy is the other pegasus, but is incredibly shy and loves to take care of animals. The purple dragon is your assistant Spike. The unicorn he was flirting with would be Rarity.."
Spike looks over. "HEY!"
Zero continues ignoring the out burst as twilight snickers. "Applejack is a farmer, and the only member of this.. 'Elements of Harmony' group I have yet to meet is A pink earth pony who is incredibly hyper and has.. strange powers named Pinkie pie."
Twilight nods yet again smiling. "Very good. Must be easy to memorize things with a computer mind..."
Zero shakes his head. "Not always, we can... lose things." he blinks "Oh right almost forgot, Princess Luna is the alicorn princess of the moon. As well as that the princesses live in Canterlot, the place that looks like a giant castle in the distance." Zero nods with a slight smirk. "So, this elements of harmony thing... what is that anyway?"
"Its... uh... well... kinda hard to explain to someone as analytical as you. Ill find the guide on them so you can read the info instead." Twilight says as more books fly around. Zero noted how the energy around her horn matched the energy around the books.
"Hmm... how did you learn how to master energy like that? Don't you get a headache floating around and looking for so many things at once?" Zero asks blinking. "Its gotta be hard to multitask and control energy while simultaneously looking around and reading titles."
"All unicorns have limits and specialties. It does hurt to expand alot of energy, but if you know your limits you don't get too hurt." Twilight look over. "Why are you still calling 'magic' Energy anyway?"
Zero lifts up his saber and triggers it. "IT felt similar to my own energy. The energy of my weapons such as this saber. I know how my saber mechanics work, so it seems silly to call it 'Magic'." he powers down the weapon and replaces it on his belt. "Magic is an unknown mystical energy. My saber is Science."
"Id agree if not for a few things, The first being that only you can use the saber. In fact, until you used it, none of us knew what it was at all. I think the fact no one else can use any of it is fairly magical." Twilight replies simply.
"The saber is triggered and powered by the energy of its holder." Zero explains lifting his hands up. "See my palms? Those are Energy units. the energy units draw power from the user, into the weapon. Whats confusing is that the User, draws in energy from the area around... So whatever your magic is, seems to also be able to power my weapons." Zero folds his arms. "I'd guess the reason you can't use my blade is that your energy is not in-sync with the saber." Zero pauses in thought. "If your magic is anything like my technology it probably works in Special waves. The waves of my body are different from the waves of your... horn."
"Which is fitting to my second point. Why is the magic energy here, working in your body? Your a robot who would use some for of electricity, yet here you are taking in Magical energy."
Zero blinks and closes his eyes. "Maybe.. I'm adapting to the environment?" He opens his eyes and stands up. "I have done stranger after all." HE turns to the door. "Do you mind if I use this place as a temporary Base? It will help me with my Map creation if I have a base to go on."
Twilight nods. "Yeah, here is a map of Ponyville. It might be a lot of work.. I'm not sure honestly... but you might want to list our homes as bases as well. something tells me your gonna be around here for a while."
"Alright. Ill go explore, get used to the gravity and such of the area. Maybe even some exercise.." He looks at the map. "Wait a moment... Twilight?"
The purple unicorn wanders over. "hmm? something wrong?"
"It says here that one of your friends... uh Rainbow Dash... Lives in the sky. How is that even possible?" Zero asks as Twilight smirks.
"Pegasus have the ability to stand and walk on clouds. So most of them live in the sky. Fluttershy doesn't but shes an animal Care taker, and she likes to stay ground level."
Zero nods. "I understand that, I always feel better with firm ground under my feet."
-----------------------------
[As Zero walks outside cue the Earthbound sun rise and Onett Town theme (see told my pal I would put a random Earthbound reference in here..)]

Zero had never seen so many horses in his life. Even if he counted the robotic ones, this still over whelmed his sensors. He looking around he watched pegasus fly around above him, even seeing Rainbow dash as she zoomed about. He had to admit the speed at which she broke and piled clouds together was very impressive that he found himself recording it for further analysis later. After further examination he soon noticed the small crowd around Applejack as she sold apples and other apple related food stuffs. As the Reploid walked about he soon noticed that most of the horses seemed to completely ignore him.
"OMIGOSHyourwalkingaround!" Zero looks over to see a pink pile of energy bouncing up and down oddly on its four legs. "OhsoIwasrightafterallyouwherejusttakinganapthenwellgoodmorningmisteruhwierdrobotbombpersonthing.Wouldyoulikesomecupcakesorcakeormuffins?"
Zero smiles. "Let me guess, you must be Pinkie Pie right?"
"AHyourtalkingohthatssocoolandyouknowmynametoo!thatsevencoolerthatslikesuperdoopertriplechoclatecool!"
"Wow.. your talking a mile a minute.. I have never met anyone who talked that fast before.. don't you need to breath?"
Pinkie blinks and then yelps as if just remembering too as she takes an overly exaggerated deep breath that actually poofed her hair even more.
"Nice to meet you, but no thank you. I appreciate the offer but."
"Youdontwantanyofmycupcakesorcakesormuffins?DidIdosomethignwrong?areyoumadatme?"
Zero blinks as the suddenly poofy hair went overly straight."No I'm not mad at all. I just can't eat food. I'm a robot. I absorb energy from the sun and environment."
Pinkie blinks and then nods rapidly. "OkaywellIneedtogoplanyourparty.Cya."
"Wait.. what?" Zero asks but even before he was done the little bundle was off like a pink buster cannon shot. "Oh.. alright.."
"Oh...umm.. hello mister Zero sir..."
Zero turns and smiles and nods. "Hello again miss Fluttershy. Are you alright? you seem very fidgity.."
"Oh..umm... I just don't do well at crowded places. too many noises... and people." The timid little pegasus says softly. It looked like she might actually get squashed by the large amount of horses.
"I understand, do you know any good quiet places around? Id like to take a moment and test some.. things." Zero asks calmly.
"some things?" Fluttershy asks softly. "Oh yes I know some quiet places.. I can show you to them.. that is.. if you want me too.."
Zero smiles. "Yes, thank you Fluttershy." As the two walked to one of the quieter spots. "I just want some room to test and run a systems check. See what skills and such I can use and how they work here."

"Well here we are Mister Zero. I uhmm need to go get food for my animal friends.. I live right over there if you want a place to sit and rest later on." Fluttershy says gently as she nods. Zero helps her load back on her baskets before she wanders off. Zero turns as she walked away and saw the small cabin right next to a strangely dark forest. Pulling out his map he read that its name was the Everfree and that it was dangerous, VERY VERY dangerous.. so dangerous that your supposed to never ever go in. Yet a being named Zecora had a house inside of it.. Zero marks the information in his personal computer and logged in Fluttershy's home.

Zero takes a moment to look about, and smiles seeing no horses in his midst as he draws out his saber. HE takes a few moments, gazing into its partially see through green blade as he slowly swings it about. He lets himself think about the last time he had gotten to just... meditate and train with his blade. HE smiles as he performs his weapon Kata's, from a file he had found ages ago on a computer back when he had been a Maverick hunter. No one else paid it any mind, but the file had seemed oddly interesting for him. Looking through his mental list as he went through the motions he found the other entries on martial arts and even some on Spear use.
IT felt great, to just swing his weapons around, no combat, just exercise. He felt his body fully adjusting to his environment and soon he was leaping about just as well, and even better than he had been on his home world. He was capable of three jumps now, 2 in mid air and his normal was much higher. Judging from heights, he could probably make it to Twilights, upper balcony with his jumps and Air slashes. It was great to have all of his weapons again, as replaces his chain rod. Some how, he found his rod weapon had been modified, now able to encompass all three of its forms. From spear, to chair, to even splitting it in half and becoming the tonfa like Recoil Rod.
In fact, Zero had gotten so distracted that as he powered down his weapons he was genuinely caught in surprise by the group of beings watching him.
"Man I had no idea you could do such cool things. Like how we you set your weapon on fire and Leaped up into the air and spun in a circle before diving down and stabbing the ground." Rainbow was saying as she flew around doing a partial pantomime of his motions.
"I liked all the colors... there where so many colors of energy.." Fluttershy says with a wide smile.
"Your sword can EXPLODE! That was awesome!" Spike says laughing as Twilight was busy writing down various notes about what she had seen.
"A few times I felt magic being drawn into your body before you used a special attack." She says in thought. "So it looks like your tech and our world are compatible after all." She closes her book. "what do you think of town so far?"
Zero nods. "It is a very nice peaceful place. It feels like another place id been a while ago. A place where people lived with and surrounded by nature." Zero replies nodding as he thought of the human settlement he'd just worked to save. "I'm glad to be in a place with so much natural nature around.. my home didn't have much of that." Zero became silent as he thought of all the Mechanically controlled wild life and nature that covered his home world.
"Well I'm glad you like it here. OH right. I sent princess Celestia a letter about your arrival, and will be following that up with some info on what I just watched..." Twilight says as Zero nods.
"Understood... that sounds like a great idea." Zero blinks. "So.. what brought you all up here anyway?"
"Rainbow dash saw random flashes of green light and went to investigate, seeing that it was you, she came and got the rest of us."
Rainbow nods. "At first I was worried Twilight's Bomb theory might be true, but after seeing all the cool stuff you where doing.. I had to show the others!"

"If you think that was cool... wait till later on when you see him trigger me."
Zero blinks hearing his older voice... no... it was a much younger voice that spoke as he turns and sees, himself. The image was much like that of Cyber Elf X. With a partially see through being, yet still UN-mistakable.
"Your... my old training program. Correct?" Zero asks blinking as his past self nods.
"Must be strange to see the way you once looked, but that's my new function. I exist for two reasons. The first is to fully test your new body against your previous form at its peak. The second, is more mental. I'm going to help you deal with the OMEGA nightmares."
Zero opens his mouth but then shuts it as he nods. "By battling my REAL past self... not some possessed shell... I see how that could help out."
"Well why not try it out now?" Twilight asks curiously.
The program chuckles. "Simple miss Sparkle. Oh don't worry, got that from his memory bank, the reason is that I don't have enough power to initiate the program. Nor send Zero his latest messages." The program turns to Zero. "All I can say, besides hello and my function, is that your suspicions are correct. X was in fact alive, and this world was chosen. It was found by a group of cyberelves. Also that bag of Data chips? I will help you test those as well at a later date. However... something seems familiar about this place. Its equine people... specifically the name Celestia seem familiar. Ill do research, if I find anything ill let you know."
Zero watches as his older self vanishes.
"So, you looked like that, and now you look like well.. that?" Rarity, who had been fairly silent up till then says in thought.
"Its.. complicated. Ill explain it to you all eventually." Zero says nodding. "No reason to hide secrets from the people I'm sure ill be around for a while. Something tells me... were going to be together for a while."