• Published 19th Jan 2012
  • 8,284 Views, 142 Comments

MEGAMAN ZERO: Legends Never Die - belmontzar



ZEro has regained his sense of self. His true self. Hes tired and takes a vacation.

  • ...
12
 142
 8,284

"Why is there always smoke comming out of every castle that I visit?

"Seriously? I mean id like to see a NON smoking castle for once." Zero says with a sigh as he looks about.
"Calm down, there are not panicked ponies or running guards, so its probably another Kitchen accident." Twilight says chuckling slightly.
"So if I remember right, you know this place pretty well don't you?" Zero asks as he turns to Twilight, as the guards help the other ponies out of their Carriage. "You used to live in the castle right?"

"Yes, I lived in the castle while I was studying directly under Princess Celestia." Twilight confirms as Zero nods.
"Wow that must have been really difficult."
"Difficult? tats not what many say when it comes to studying under the princess." The unicorn admits in thought. "They usually think its an amazing thing, living in the castle."
"I chose to look at the fact that you where being taught and given tests by a being who is pretty much all powerful and mighty in the world. Training by the best is always the hardest, but most rewarding should you have focus and talent." Zero says nodding.
"Like when you where taught by Sigma?" Rainbow asks wandering over.
"Yes, he trained two of us almost exclusively. X, the reploid of unlimited potential, and Me, the one who almost killed him without training." Zero says in thought. "Part of me wonders if he had planned to be surpassed in the end anyway."
"Hmm... 'm not sure.." Twilight murmurs in contemplation.

"That or to prepare them for the future to come. I exist here, but other lands need help as well."
The group blinks as all but Zero and Twilight bow down, as the Solar Sister descends down before them.
"Princess Celestia! It's wonderful to see you again!" Twilight says happily as her friends stand back up.
"I do hate to sound rude Princess, but did you learn anything from the reports?" Zero asks as Celestia turns to him.
"Some but not much I am afraid, tell me my ponies, can you see anything different about town?" Celestia asks as they all look about.
"Why, the normally busy square, is down right barren!" Rarity exclaims in surprise.
"Is it just me or is it toasty in here?" Pinkie asks at a far slower tone than normal.
"Correct... Something has caused the temperatures to rise up at extreme levels." Celestia says as Zero blinks.
"Could it be related to that smoke behind you castle?" Zero asks as The princess blinks and turns.
"Oh.. my I hadn't noticed that before.. That seems to be coming from the Magmus Volcano."
Twilight gasps as Zero face palmed.
"Seriously? a Volcano.. named.. Magmus? Really?" He asks as Celestia chuckles.
"I didn't do it, my father had a sense of humor back then." Celestia replies laughing. "He wanted us to have a source of eternal Fire to aid in my raising of the sun when I am weak. I draw upon the power of Magmus when I am ill."
"Ill? but I thought Alicorns where immune to diseases.." Fluttershy states softly walking over.
"Most illness yes, but we can still exhaust and catch bugs and flu. We just use magic to heal faster or Fake it like we are taught." Celestia admits. "We are strong, but we do eventually tire."

"Well I guess our next course of action is to check out the Volcano right? IT sounds magically made, so we should be safe. Twilight and Rainbow dash can probably fix whatever damage is done." Zero says thinking. "Thought you shoudl probably come and over see things princess. You know the land best."
"Well thought out.." Celestia admits.
(NOTE:following typed on ds and then typed and edited here]
Zero smiles but blinks as a hoof pokes his side.
"Umm as scary as a V-Volc-cano sounds, I sill would like to see it, if that's ok with you I mean.." Fluttershy says softly.
Zero sighs mentally as the logical response pops to mind but instead. "Alright, just stay safe. Leave us the hard work."
"Oh ok Thank you... Zero." Fluttershy says smiling.
"Uhm Princess? what sort of Magical Defenses will the carriage hold?" Zero asks in thought.
"There are only two really, and they are on all Carriages." Celestia replies. "one seals the magical powers of ponies and the second is a barrier that keeps us all inside." Celestia looks down softly. "Unfortunately, the defenses don't protect you or Spike, and I am as affected as the others."
"Ok so that means I can fight if we get attacked then." Zero says in thought. "Sorry for such an.. unusual question, recent events have me a bit.. paranoid to be honest." Zero nods. "I also wanted to make sure Twi and Shy are safe. Not to make fun or anything, but they are the least survivalist of all of us. Of the group I think they lack the most Field survival skills."
"Something tells me there is more to it than Lack of Field training.." Celestia teases.
"Yes, it is no secret that they are important to me. That and I seem to be unable to tell them no.. even if it means they are in danger." Zero replies, thinking of the others who had similar affects, and the Fates that had met many of them.
"Zero... Just do your best, that is all any of us can or would ask for."
Zero nods, a slightly haunted expression on his face. "I just hope no one gets hurt . I am' done with Nightmares..."
Celestia nods knowingly. "As are we all Zero..."
Zero turns to reply out of curiosity, when a sudden gush of wind and Gasping ponies catch his attention. Turning he is met with what was the Largest Air vessel he had seen so far. "whoa..."
"OMIGOSHYOUCANFITALMOSTHALFOFPONYVILLEINTHATTHING!" Pinkie yells excitedly.
"Now that would be a party.." Rainbow comments chuckling as Zero examines the vessel.
"That is large..to say the least.. What was this from? war fleet?" He asks turning as Celestia nods.
"Troop transportation from Wars held long ago." She admits. "Anyway, everyone on board, ts gonna take a few hours to get started so feel free to rest up while we head out."

----on board Air Craft Seabandits: Zero's Quarters-

"Ah.. finally a chance to rest, relax, and reload." Zero says with a yawn, having not understood how tired he was until he lay on his bed.
-kaboom-
"Gah.. Damn you Murphy and your laws!" Zero yells sitting up irritably and hopping off his bed, just as Fluttershy runs in.
"Zero Zero! Something is happening!"she says sounding panicked.
"No.. Really? Cause I always thought random explosions where a completely normal part of Air Travel." the hunter says sarcastically.

"Well actually The Explosion was Pinkie pie, It's the other thing I'm worried about!" Fluttershy as Zero shrugs.
Of course it was pink- wait a sec." Zero blinks. "Yeah.. that's right, Pinkie stayed behind in Canterlot with Rarity."
Fluttershy pauses and sat down in thought. "But I just saw her outside... how did she get here?"
Zero sighs as possibilities list in his mind. "Only way to find out is to find her." Zero says nodding as he leads th way and follows Fluttershy about.
"AH There she is! Pinkie!"
Zero blinks as he regard the being in front of him. "how to put this ... kindly.. um.. Shy? That's not Pinkie. There is no way that's Pinkie. I mean for starters Pinkie s well.. A PINK earth pony. Not a black pony with messed up wings and a wicked bent horn." Zero blinks. "Sounds like one of those.. Change things Twilight mentioned before."
"Wh-what? A changling?" Fluttershy asks as Faker pie rushed to attack, only to be cut n half. "OMIGOSH it WAS a changling!"
"Well duh.. Pinkie is with Rarity helping Luna out as they study my Nightmare.* (*see chapters before) So just to ask.. that.. thing.. Really looked like Pinkie?"
"Yes.. it had her poofy hair, and her bouncing and even her voice... but...I guess they don't.. affect you?"
Zero nods in thought. "Well if there is one there are probably more,, lets go find the others and make sure the princess is ok. Still.. I thought they whee all cast out by the.. 'Lovey-dovey-wave' As Rainbow put it."
Fluttershy nods. "I thought so too.. we all did.."
"Well.. lets go find the rest of our Nasty surprises shall we?"