• Published 19th Jan 2012
  • 8,284 Views, 142 Comments

MEGAMAN ZERO: Legends Never Die - belmontzar



ZEro has regained his sense of self. His true self. Hes tired and takes a vacation.

  • ...
12
 142
 8,284

Ruin of the Solar sisters

Light flows down from holes in the canopy, as beams of sun shine invade the darkness of the forest. The sun light, gazing down upon the ancient ruins. Ruins of what had once been a grand castle or a world wonder of Equestria.

But none of that mattered to him as he rushed forward, blond hair whipping about behind him as his boots propulsion systems shoot him forward. Screams and yells from behind him seemed to die down instead leading to calls for him instead. Though as he concentrated… he heard a softer call from ahead… before he could focus on that one... the sound of rocket thrusters sounded behind him drawing the hunter back to reality…
“Good, that means I’m the target then.” The hunter says with a smirk as he turns, facing an old enemy. He was used to these types of Golem Mechanaloid as it had all the usual works. Powerful fists, Laser beams from its eyes, high speed propulsion, and a heavy body with which to ram most targets to destruction. Only now, this robot was covered in Vines as earth had taken her toll on the metal monster. Cracks flow down its body, but it was still enough to resist the Saber’s edge.
Zero Omega ducks as it rushes forward with its fist, diving to the side as the machine struck down a tall tree. He cringes at the sight of the mechanaloid ripping its hand out a tree that was thicker than the ones in sweet apple acres. Sure he was in a forest, with thousands of trees, but thanks to his friends, he saw them as much more than just giant spears of wood. He saw them as animal homes, strong guardians, Rarity used leaves as inspiration, Apple Jack had an orchard of apple trees. Hell Twilight Sparkle LIVED in one. So while at one time he may have questioned the strange rage over the destruction of the tree, Zero was now struck by rage as he jumps up, tapping a tree lightly with his foot as he leaps upwards. Using a pair of trees like he had used walls, he kicked himself up high until he soared above the Mechanaloid. Drawing out his Triple rod in mid air he launches himself down, Shoving the spear down the robots throat. Pulling his spear out and back flipping just in time to avoid the small explosion of struck gases and electricity. A tiny gasp catches his attention as he turns to see his new friends rushing over.

“THAT WAS AWESOME! You used the trees,,, you jumped OFF the trees and then... BAM! RIGHT IN THE FACE!” Rainbow crows out happily as she pantomimed the action with her hooves and wings. Zero smiles softly at the energetic cyan Pegasus before turning to Fluttershy.

“I hope no animals got hurt in that...” The shy canary Yellow Pegasus says softly as Zero shakes his head.
“I don’t think any of them where around. I’m sure if I heard THAT giant around, I know I’d high tail out of there if I didn’t have the power to cut it down of course...” Zero replies simply, hoping to reassure her.
“He’s got a point Fluttershy, that thing was VERY loud and noisy. Even you started to run when we heard it.” A purple colored Unicorn says walking over. “Honestly I’m a bit disappointed.. id hopped to capture and study that machine..”
“Twi? You live with ZERO. The Green Swordsman himself. Besides where would you put that monster?” Spike reminds the enthusiastic scholar. “Why not just ask Zero about what it was?”
“Because then he’d give a logical response and make it not as awesome seeming.” Rainbow replies with a wide grin.
“Actually Rainbow…” Zero starts as he looks about. “These guys don’t have any mundane uses. THESE giants are all about Fire power. There are three types and one like this usually has Thunder attacks. The next has Flame throwers and uses enhanced Fire attacks. Lastly there is the Ice one that shoots out Spikes made of ice, as well as create a giant ball of ice that it attempts to crush you with.”

“SpikesmadeofIce?” A hyper Pink bundle asks as it bounces around. “Youcan’tmakeadragonoutofIcesillybilly! Thenitwouldn’tbeabletobreathfire!”
“Wrong type of Spike Pinkie.” Zero says as he watched Twilight face-hoof. “Im talking about the tall pointy stabby version. Not the dragon version.”
“ohIgetitnow!Okiedokielokie!Butwhywouldanyonewanttouseiceonesofthose?” Pinkie asks as she tilts her head. “ITwouldbeIcesoitwouldprobablymeltifitgottohot.”
“Well Pinkie there are many reasons…” Zero starts until he sees the ponies glance at him. “None that are good though. Don’t mess around with any spike traps ok? They are VERY dangerouse… even I go out of my way to avoid them completely.” He gives a slight shudder. “Spikes… Spikes hurt... a lot.”
“Well I for one vote that we get back to work... this dirty forest is completely ruining my coat. Gah why do I even bother trying to loo FABULOUS if I’m just going to be walking around in dirt all day?” Rarity, the almost pure white and purple haired unicorn says with a sigh.
“Because if your gonna do dirty work, you might as well look good doing it?” Zero asks with a raised eye brow.
Rarity blinks and then beams happily. “Ah your right! I am a fashionista. Even if work is hard there is no excuse for a bad wardrobe!” She turns to the ruins happily. “Now then gals, Spike, and Zero. Lets check out those ruins!”

Zero watches as the fashion pony charges off as everyone but Fluttershy Follow her. “Your learning a lot about us Very fast… you even made Rarity happy that she was getting dirty… but you look worried.. is something wrong?”
“Yes, there is in fact Fluttershy. Why was that golem here?” Zero asks as he looks to the sky. “It makes no sense.. and why did it look so old?”
“So that enemy was from your world? That explains how you knew so much about it..” Fluttershy remarks calmly as the two of them walk to the ruins.
“X knows celestia… X and Celestia send us here… then as we appear… that Golem pops up and tries to kill us…” Zero lists in thought. “The question for all of this... Is why? None of it makes sense...”
“Celestia has always wanted the best for us. You know and trust in X. I’m sure everything will make sense soon… at least im hoping it will…” The canary Pegasus shivers. “Actually I’d just settle for getting out of this forest…”
Zero chuckles as he and the timid one hurry to catch up as they stop at the gate of the ruin. OR more importantly what Zero saw was a gate. AS Twlight and company did a run through discussion of their last adventure here, Zero just walks up to the door. “Cool. This is easy.”
“Zero? What do you mean the door is on the other side of the-“ Twilight starts before watching as the wall slid to the side... with an odd hissing sound. “How did you? That’s not on any of the blue prints…”
“What a surprise… its my sort of door I guess that they are obvious to me… because I know to look for them. Designs in bases needed simpler door designs to keep the hall way as wide and clear as possible for larger beings. This type of door is also harder to force or knock down as it is part of the wall.” Zero explains for the moment.
“Just like that mechana whatever from before… you said its from your world… why is a door youcan open here as well?” Fluttershy asks as The others suddenly start to think.
“I have a strange theory, but I can’t be sure… because its too insane. I wonder… if I ever really left home…” Zero murmers in thought. “What if… this is in fact my world… only… later on.” Zero turns to Twilight. “You guys might be the future of my world. IT would explain the ancient mechanaloid, as well as why this door is here. That and how you know my story, as well as why X and Celestia know each other...”
“Normally id say that sort of idea was insane. But that’s what it all looks like so far…” Twilight admits.
“This hall... I know it…” Zero’s eyes widen as the lights hit and he let out a loud swear. “No…. this… its impossible… This room… it was destroyed.”

Zero found himself on his knees as he looked once again around a room he knew so well. The room he had fought Omega in… the room he had been sealed within. HE could still see in his minds eye… that horror…as he learned of his fake body but true mind. He closes his eyes as he projects his memories for the others too see…

The memory that first came was the memory of his awakening here… the first time he had met Ciel as she had been attacked by the Neo Arcadian Soldiers. Zero stands up with a seriouse gaze as he looks about… and follows his own steps. Only a slight gasp and hooves on metal work told Zero that he was followed. AS he ran after his past self… he heard his companions gasp as they ran across digital copies of the enemies Zero had fought back then. Though once it was apparent that they where mere illusion, they where able to focus much better on following the lost hunter. Finally Zero reached the collapsed cliff.. below was where he fought the first Golem, and first entered the Resistance base.

Zero gazed down before turning to face the others. “This… is the place where it all began again. After I had first learned… that the Virus program could never actually be cured. Id attempted to remove it by cutting off its core impact. By sealing myself into a deep sleep. I thought that if we got rid of the cause, then the Symptoms and illness would soon follow.” Zero gives a half smile “but as usual. No one ever just leaves me alone do they? They had even gone so far as to remove my mind, and implant it into a new body, change my place of rest, and my old body had even been stolen and used for war.” He glances about again. “That is until the day A scientist by the name of Ciel appeared. Following legends and myth she had eventually found the last great hope, which turned out to be me. I was awoken, without my memory, and once again thrust into battle.” He grins looking back at them. “you know those stories yes?”
“Rebirth Saga of the Green Swordsman.” Twilight lists out. “IT was labeled as darker than other stories… so I was lucky enough to be at one of the only libraries to carry a copy.” She grins. “Thought the Ponyville Library also has a copy.”
“I actually read that one with Rainbow when I found it.” Fluttershy says with a smile. “Some of it was really kinda scary…”
Rainbow nods. “yeah… I spent a lot of time worrying about uhm… the scientist.”
“You got worried from a story Rainbow?” Applejack teased.
“Well… I always got into the whole action of the story… and before you ask It was one of the last gifts from my parents.” Rainbow says defensivly.
“If you would like, I can compare and contrast the story to my memory. Give more details, that is, after we see X. Knowing him… he is down here. Same place he gave me the saber.” Zero says. “Ok lets get down there.”

“Uhmm how far down is it?” Twilight asks as Zero shrugs.
“Im not sure, I never measured it, but I don’t think it’s that far. I think Rainbow and I can carry everyone down.” Zero says with a soft smile.
[5 trips later 1 of which was Twilight attempting to measure stuff…]
“There we go… now we find out exactly what’s going on here.” The hunter says as he turns to Rainbow. “Do you want to rest for a few moments Dash?”
“Nah... I’m fine, you did most of the heavy work anyway.” Rainbow says as AJ glares over.
“Are you calling us fat?” The earth pony asks walking over, tail swishing as she glares.
“Relax Aj, I meant Zero took 4 trips, carrying you, Fluttershy and Twilight down twice. I only had to worry about Rarity and Pinkie Pie.” Rainbow replies, not really in the mood to fight the pony at the moment. “Id rather we just went and got this all done.”

Zero nods as he turns, and led the ponies down the hall. Stopping in that room, As flash back struck him... to the first mechanaloid, ciel, and his old saber’s return to him.
“So you finally came... Zero... I have been waiting for this time to come.”
AS the ponies look confused, Zero drew out his saber and glared. “YOU! Where is X?”

“X.. is a bit… occupied.” The shadow says as Zero growls loudly

“…SIGMA!!!”