• Published 19th Jan 2012
  • 8,284 Views, 142 Comments

MEGAMAN ZERO: Legends Never Die - belmontzar



ZEro has regained his sense of self. His true self. Hes tired and takes a vacation.

  • ...
12
 142
 8,284

Sunrise, sunset

HE stood alone on the hilltop gazing into the sky. Helmet off as his long blond hair flows in the wind. He couldn't remember the last time he had simply stood and gazed at the sky. Watching as the clouds flowed about, drawn by the wind and other magical forces. A small Cyan speck with a rainbow trail was seen above as it smashed a larger cloud into many smaller ones. A soft smirk touches his face as he leans back further. The strong bark of a tree holding his weight, natural bark. The scent of natural land and forest truly touched him as he slides his gaze down to the Everfree Forest. A forest free of most mechanics, and as natural and wild as it should be. Zero crouches as he picks up his helmet from the floor, slipping it over his head. Part of his vision now taken up by his HUD [Heads up display] as he scans the area about.

Turning he gazed out at the Town he had taken residence in recently. Pony Ville. Land populated by a majority of Earth pony folk, but many Pegasi and Unicorn had also taken residence. According to records, there was a rise in population for pegasi and Unicorn lately. My guess was due to the Equality of the elements of Harmony, made up of two of each race. While not many notice it, there is a bit of distance between the three pony races, as usual in such populations. PonyVille actually seemed to be past all of that at the moment. Each group was equal here, and all worked hard to make sure things ran smoothly. The creatures here had succeeded where even people of his time had failed.

"Zero? Are you ready to go?"

Zero nods as he turns to look at the lavender unicorn. "Are the others ready?"
Twilight nods and smiles softly. "Yeah, they are already at the library. Except us and Fluttershy, she’s making sure her animals are ok."
"He he... she takes her duty seriously, but then again we all do, besides Dashy anyway." the hunter had a teasing tone to his voice as the unicorn chuckles.
"She does love her fun... so, why are you here anyway?" The unicorn asks curiously as Zero turns back to the forest.
"Just enjoying the scenery. I told you a bit about my home before, so the sheer life in a place like this, where at my home... it is all metal and man slash reploid made. The one part of nature we did have was partially destroyed by the mad doctor."

"I can’t imagine how different that makes everything. I suppose we all take stuff for granted don't we?"
Zero blinks and nods as he turns back to her. "Alright, let’s get back to the library. We have a long, possibly dangerous mission ahead of us."
"Right."
"Zero? Can you come with me for a moment?"
Zero blinks and turns seeing X to the side.
"Alright... go ahead Twi. Ill meet you there soon."
The unicorn hesitates then nods as she heads off, X watches until the unicorn was out of reploid ear shot. "Before you head off, it occurred to me that pony modes of transportation may not be good for your use." X smirks as he steps to the side, letting an illusion fade, chuckling as Zero's eyes widen, and a smile crosses his lips.
"Oh... yeah! You are awesome man!"
-----------------------------------------------
"Oh I’m so sorry I’m late everyone... "Fluttershy squeaks as she hurries inside.
"So what gives Twilight? Where's Zero?" Rainbow asks... as a Speeding red blur shot past the house.
"WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
The ponies all turn to look at Pinkie who shrugs.
"Wasn'tme. IdontmakeRedblurs. Imakepinkblurrs."
They all turn to Dash.
"Hey ‘I’m fast but not faster than sight. I have been here the whole time. Besides... Rainbows... not just red."
-Zoom-
"Oh hell yeah!"
The group walks out of the tree library and smirk as they saw Zero grinning like Pinkie at a party.
As Zero sat there on his favorite old Cycle, long hair still whipping about as he smiles more.
"Sorry I’m late ladies... X was hiding this old baby from me." Zero says patting the bike gently. “My Z cycle."
"Wait... so that was YOUR blur?" Rainbow asks looking over.
"What? Want to race?" Zero smiles teasingly.
"Oh hell YE-"
"No not now you two... We have... Work to do." Twilight says raining on their parade.
"Aw...." The two pout and chuckle.
"Anyway, X pointed out that it might be smarter to use my own transport, instead of relying on thin that might not work on me. Short of Rainbow possibly, I can follow you guys anywhere on this thing." Zero says proudly.

"oreally?whatifweneedtogooffland?" Pinkie asks as Zero smirks.
"Land, Water, and even Air travel is possible on this thing now. X added a Jet booster upgrade to let my fly if I need to." Zero says proudly.

“Good then your all ready to go then... and please sir... stay in the air with us.” Zero turns as a carriage pulled by the two different guards stationed to the Elements of harmony. The solar guard nods. “Only for haste, and to keep better watch.”

“Understood sir, I can always drive around later on. Besides, X wanted me to test the Jet booster anyway.” Zero admits with a soft smile.

As they flew over head, Zero was able to better examine the land below, watching the many creatures he had sworn to protect. Still, he could see clouds mentally, hanging low above the mountain castle town of Canterlot. Still, there was no denying that it was a truly fascinating place. ‘Perhaps some time ill be able to explore’ he thought to himself. ‘Perhaps, but for now I need to focus. Focus on the meeting, the others, and whatever shadowy forces had invaded our lives. I only hope it’s not my fault.’

“I wonder what he’s thinking about.” The unicorn turns to her normally quiet and shy companion. “You see it too right? How he’s all hunched up, and glaring at everything. I can’t help but wonder if he is riding to battle, or running away from Sigma.”
Twilight shakes her head, having no real clue herself. Since Sigma had revealed himself, Zero had started to grow dark, and more reserved than before, maybe even, distant.
“Wish I knew Shy, wish I knew.” Fluttershy nods as they both watch the castle draw closer. For once Twilight had a strange feeling of fear as she looked at the towering place that had been her home for years. AS if sensing their thoughts Zero glances up at the two just as they glanced down at him again. Meeting their gazes, before they blush and quickly looked away.
“You two are certainly fascinated with our new friend, and not just because he’s strange.” Rarity teases as Fluttershy grows beat red.
“AH! NO! Well, ok... maybe. A little… –squeak-“Fluttershy admits as Rarity chuckles softly.
“Well don’t worry, he seems to have affected all of us to some extent. Though not as much as you and Twilight. Though you two are also the ones he seems to worry about most.” Rarity says in thought.
“W-We are?” The Pegasus murmurs as Twilight blinks in thought.
“Hate to interrupt girls, but we are arriving. So hold on.” The Lunar knight says as she smiles softly at the young mares.