• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 6,162 Views, 738 Comments

She's a Pony, He's a Human - Lucky Seven



A human wakes up in the home of Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
81
 738
 6,162

Chapter 10

She’s A Pony, He’s A Human

Chapter 10

Written by Seven81493

Edited by Chessboard_Jack

Well that was anticlimactic. Turned out Rarity had screamed like a maniac because a butterfly had flown into the boutique and landed on her snout.

A BUTTERFLY.

Seriously, she’s toppled villains like Discord and Nightmare Moon, but a butterfly is where she draws the line? And she had tried to kill it, too! Andrew had had to put the poor thing back outside himself before that evil mare could do any harm to it. Oh, but that wasn’t the only strange thing that happened to him that morning.

After that, she had given him his clothes and he had left the boutique, only to be assaulted by some aqua colored mare with a lyre on her ass, conveniently named Lyra, who wanted to know what he was. Then, after he was done being interrogated, an anvil fell on his head. Now, obviously, he should have died, but the physics in this new world saved him. All that happened was that he got a huge bump on his head, and some pony named Derpy apologized to him.

Just thinking back on the first one made him cringe. He had been walking home, and he had noticed Lyra from afar, talking to some friends, but he had paid her no mind. She, on the other hand, saw him out of the corner of her eyes and instantly ran over to him and assaulted him with very strange questions. Questions that no sane person OR pony would’ve asked.

Then he had had that anvil fall on his head. The mare who apologized, Derpy, seemed to be cross-eyed, and slightly childish. So basically, he couldn’t blame her for what had happened, since a moving company shouldn’t have hired her anyways. But her apology had been very sincere, and she had even offered to buy him lunch at some point. Graciously accepting her offer, he had asked if she could do so today, and she had accepted.

With that out of the way, Andrew had finally been able to continue on his journey with no further interruption.

But now he was back at the library, in the midst of a conversation with Twilight about the music on her world.

“So do you guys have any famous bands or musicians here or anything like that?”

“Well, a couple, but not too many. The biggest one though is Guns N’ Roseluck.”

As Twilight said the name of that band, Andrew’s jaw dropped. It couldn’t be possible. A pony version of his favorite band? There was just no way in hell. He had to be sure before he had a freakout.

“Guns N’ Roseluck? What, uh, what songs are they known for?”

“Well, I was reading an article about them the other day, and it listed their top seven songs...”

As Twilight trailed off, her horn began glow, and a magazine was levitated over to her. Flipping through the pages, she seemed to have found what she was looking for, and began speaking once again.

“Okay, their top song as voted by the fans is... ‘Sweet Foal o’ Mine’.”

Instantly, Andrew’s mind shut down, unable to comprehend the fact that a band exactly like his favorite existed on this planet.

“Andrew, are you okay?” asked Twilight, breaking him out of his stupor.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. So, uh, do you have any vinyl record of the band’s music?” he asked in response, eager to hear this world’s version of Guns N’ Roses. Sadly, though, she shook her head.

“I’m not into the kind of music that they play. But if you want, we can go get a few of their albums,” she added in quickly, hoping to raise his spirits.

“Let’s go then, filly!” he exclaimed, getting out of the chair he’d been sitting in for the last hour and making his way to the door. Twilight let out a giggle at his behavior and quickly followed him, opening the door and trotting out, taking the lead, with Andrew following close behind.

“So, Andrew, tell me, why are you so interested in a band that you’ve never even heard of before?” Twilight inquired.

“Well, a band called ‘Guns N’ Roses’ exists on my planet, and the name instantly caught my attention,” he swiftly explained, causing Twilight to go off on another one of her monologues. Something about parallel worlds with certain things in common and whatnot, but over just a few days, he had learned how to tune out her outlandishly long monologues.

“...and with that said, I think it’s safe to say that our world may share more similarities than just this band!”

“That’s interesting Twilight,” responded Andrew, having gotten the basic gist of what she had said just from the last sentence. “I guess we’ll find out as I get more and more adjusted to Equestria.”

After a few more minutes of walking and talking, the two arrived at the record store, and went inside.


---


Meanwhile, in Canterlot, Princess Luna was sitting on her bed, having a chat with her big sister.

“For the last time, ‘Tia, I do not know what he and Twilight are doing right now.”

“But, Luna,” began Celestia, “what if they’re off causing trouble, and doing things that they shouldn’t be?”

“Sister, we both know that Twilight would never willingly do something wrong,” Luna retorted, more than prepared for her sister to ask yet another question, since she knew that she would.

“But what if he’s getting into trouble, and she gets involved, Luna?” Celestia asked, confirming her younger sister’s prediction that, yes, she would ask yet another question.

“Sister, that is enough! If Andrew gets into trouble, then we shall deal with it accordingly.”

“But—”

“No buts!” Luna exclaimed, cutting off her sister. “Until he actually does something wrong, I don’t want to hear any more out of you!”

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Celestia finally relented and trotted out of the room, leaving Luna alone. Luna knew her sister had been under stress the entire week due to her talks with the Gryphon leaders going less than swimmingly. Soon, she would see that Andrew was not a trouble maker. She would see him just as Luna saw him.

A very good friend.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter, but I couldn't think of a way to introduce a major plot element just yet. So yes, you just got filler about my favorite band. Sorry, but you'll have to deal with it for now. Next chapter will be about 3k words to make up for these last two chapters, though. Count on it.