• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 7,773 Views, 318 Comments

Spike's Crazy Date - Mr Afro Pony



Still mopey after Rarity married a faraway Prince, Spike spends his teenage dragon days in bed eating ice cream...

  • ...
35
 318
 7,773

Wrapping It Up

"This was your genius plan?" asked Rainbow Dash angrily. "Because it's not a very good one!"

"At least I thought of one," criticized Twilight. "Now stop complaining and put your mustache on!"

Rainbow rolled her eyes, but put on the obviously fake prop mustache. "You know, for you being such an egghead, I would have guessed you would have thought of a better plan than 'follow my brother and his troops, dress up like mobsters, and rescue Spike from the evil floozy'!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Whatever! Now be quiet, somepony is coming."

The two mares were ducked behind a dumpster in the alleyway of the 'The Rat Din', Equestria's number one mafia themed family restaurant. A restaurant that was also apparently hosting real mobsters.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash were both dressed in trench coats and fedoras. Rainbow Dash sported a fake handlebar mustache, while Twilight rocked a greasy goatee. If someone had to describe the two, they would call them "facia brutte" (which is mafia talk for "sharp dressed gentlecolts").

A guard walked pass the dumpster, but didn't notice the two cross dressing mares.

The two rose from their hiding spot.

Twilight charged her horn, "Hang on to me Rainbow, we're going in!"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Neon and Spike stared each other down from across the platform. The dragon's palms were moist from sweat, he had nothing to lose and everything to prove.

Neon observed the dragon with a smug grin, "You gonna make a move?" he asked. "I don't have all day to be kicking your ass!"

The mockery was enough to set Spike off. He charged towards Neon, to only be intercepted by a hoof punch.

"Ow!" yelped Spike, staggering back from the blow. Neon delivered another punch, this time to Spike's stomach. The hit was so hard, Spike was sent hurtling back over to the other side of the platform. He bit his lip to stop himself from puking bile.

Neon took a slow, cocky walk over towards the dragon. Spike was curled up on the floor, holding his gut.

"Wow, this is even easier than last time!" remarked Neon, growing closer towards Spike. He put his head downwards so that he was at eye level with the dragon. "Could it be that you actually got weaker since the last-"

KRATCH!

Spike clawed Neon's face as he was leaning in towards him. Neon staggered back, screaming in pain.

The dragon attempted to rush Neon, but the unicorn sent him flying with his magic. Spike again landed roughly on the other side of the platform, his right arm now throbbing in pain.

Neon recovered from the dragon's slashing, the left side of his face sporting 4 nasty scars. "You're going to pay for that!" he threatened through clenched teeth.

Spike rose from the floor, trying as best as he could to ignore his sore body. When he saw Neon's face, he cracked a smile.

"Hey Neon," called Spike. "You look just like Dos Face from the Batmare comics!"

"I'll kill you!" snarled Neon. He charged at Spike, horn pointed like a spear. Spike dodged to the left, crashing into the metal barrier of the platform. He felt the warmth of the green substance below, it was incredibly hot, even from the far distance Spike was from it. He shuddered at the thought of falling in.

Neon recovered from his failed attack, he threw a jab that hit Spike in the jaw. The dragon stumbled back onto the barrier, making it give off an unsettling creak.

Neon through another punch. Spike ducked under and countered with a punch of his own. Neon winced, but managed to throw another punch that hit Spike's side. The drake's breath was knocked out of him, he dropped to his knees as he started to hyperventilate.

FLIP!

Spike turned his head towards Neon, the stallion held a switchblade and had a sinister look on his face.

"You've been a pain in my ass for far to long." he said. He levitated Spike off the ground and facing him. "It's time I finished you for good!"

Neon jabbed the knife with full force into Spike's abdomen, only to be met with the resistance of a brick wall.

"W-What!?" shouted Neon, releasing his magic in shock.

Spike checked himself for injuries, before giving Neon a cheeky smile. "You forgot about one thing, Neon...." he started. Spike quickly grasped Neon's neck and pulled him in close, inches away from his face. He leaned towards Neon's ear, "I'm a bucking dragon." Spike lurched his head forward delivering a nasty headbutt to Neon. The unicorn held his face in pain.

Taking advantage of the his dropped guard, Spike tackled Neon and unleashed a flurry of punches.

"This is for being a jerk! This is for treating Vinyl like crap! This is for being taller than me! This is for wearing sunglasses at night like an asshole!" Spike shouted, ending every sentence with a punch to the face. "And this is for kicking my ass!" Spike delivered his last punch with as much force as he could muster. Neon's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he slipped into unconsciousness.

Spike looked at Neon in disbelief. "I...won?" he asked himself. "I...won. I won! I WON!" he cheered. The dragon got off of the unicorn, "Yes! I did it!" he cried.

Suddenly a purple bright light filled the room. Two weird looking ponies collapsed on top of another in the middle of the walkway.

"Ow!" cried one of the ponies. "Can you warn me next time you're gonna just teleport like that?!"

"I said, 'hang on to me'!" complained the other. "Where are we anyway?"

Spike recognized the two, "Twilight? Rainbow Dash? What are you two doing here?" he asked.

Twilight turned towards the dragon, "Spike!" she cried. She galloped over for a hug, "We're here to rescue you from that evil floozy Vinyl Scratch!"

Spike pulled away from the hug, "What're you talking about?" he asked, confused. "I wasn't foal napped by Vinyl."

"Hey Spike," suddenly called Rainbow Dash. "Who's that guy behind you?" she asked.

"What guy-" Spike was struck with a hard punch as he turned around.

Neon Lights (minus a broken pair of sunglasses and a busted nose) stood there with steam coming out of his nostrils. In a swift motion, he grabbed Twilight and put his switch blade over her throat.

"Listen here you damn lizard!" he shouted. "I'm going to walk out of here and you're going to leave me alone. Because if you don't, the mare's gonna get cut!" He backed towards the platform's barrier, "So what's it gonna be!?"

Spike rose to his feet, "Twilight! Teleport away!" he shouted.

Twilight continued to struggle with Neon, "I can't! He's blocking my magic with his magic!" she responded. Twilight's horn would glow, but only produce a little magic discharge.

"Anti-magic spell!" said Neon. "Mobster 101!"

Spike growled, he was powerless and he knew Neon knew it.

The unicorn laughed, "No wonder Rarity wouldn't go out with you!" he said. "You're nothing but a weakling!"

Spike's heart dropped down into his stomach, "How do you know about that?" he asked in disbelief.

Neon cracked a grin, "Oh, did I forget to mention that there were video cameras in your cell?" he asked. "We heard everything!"

Spike put his head down in shame, much to Neon's amusement.

"Oh man!" cried Neon with glee. "Me and the boys never laughed harder than when we heard your sob story. You really are pathetic!"

Spike took on a nasty scowl, "Shut up!" he yelled.

"Ya know, I find it hilarious that you got the two lesbos back together, but you left yourself alone!" Neon continued. "Poor little Spike, will you ever find true love?" he mocked.

Spike balled his fists in anger, he slowly started to grind his teeth together. "I said shut up!" he yelled.

Neon continued to laugh, "You are nothing but a worthless bastard!" he said. "Completely worthless!"

"Worthless?" Spike repeated. "I'm worthless?" he asked himself.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The soft taps of hooves against his door, was the only thing that stopped Spike's tears.

Twilight slowly opened the door and poked her head inside, "Spike?" she called. "Are you okay?"

The question would've set Spike off, but coming from Twilight only made him more depressed.

"Why would she reject me?" he asked. "After all I've done for her, how could she say no?"

Twilight took a seat on his bed, she sighed. "Spike...love is complicated." she began.

Spike turned towards her angrily, "Don't give me that crap, Twilight!" he yelled. "She certainly didn't..."

Twilight put a hoof on Spike's back, "Well then, what was the reason Rarity gave you?" she asked.

Spike smiled and emotionless smile, "It was because I was a dragon, Twilight." he said in disbelief. "It's because I'm not some prissy, rich, Canterlot unicorn stallion." He took a deep breath, "It's because I'm worthless."

Twilight slammed a hoof on the floor, making Spike jump. "You are not worthless Spike!" she shouted. "Just because Rarity is too stupid to realize what a great guy you are, doesn't make you any less of one."

Spike turned his head towards Twilight, "But what about-"

"Forget about Rarity!" interrupted Twilight. She sighed, "When you give up on yourself, that is when you've truly lost. It doesn't matter how many times you're knocked down, as long as you get back up, you've won!"

Spike smiled, "Since when did you become a motivational speaker?" he asked.

"I read a book." answered Twilight with a smile. She pulled Spike in for a hug.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike took a step towards Neon, "I. AM. NOT. WORTHLESS!" he shouted.

In an amazing display of agility, Spike executed a flying clothesline towards Neon. The force of the tackle pushed Neon away from Twilight, and over the rail of the platform.

Neon hung from his forelegs over the railing, a mere slip away from being consumed by the bubbling green liquid below. Spike landed on the railing stomach first, the fall putting him in a daze.

"Help me!" cried Neon, still dangling from the ledge. He attempted to climb upwards, but his hoofs weren't able to get a grip.

Spike shook of the pain of the fall, and lent a claw to Neon's aid.

"Neon!" he cried. "Grab my hand!"

Neon Lights looked up at the dragon. "I can't! I'm slipping!" he yelled.

"Just hold on!" yelled Twilight. She attempted to use her magic but Neon's spell was still effecting her.

Spike reached out his hand farther, he was mere inches away from Neon's hoof.

CRANK!

The railing made a loud unnerving sound.

"Uh...I think it's going to-" began Neon.

CRUNCH!

Suddenly, the railing collapsed from Neon's weight. The move made the stallion's grip slip, he fell into the green liquid below.

"AAAH!" Neon screamed as he was consumed by the substance. Upon his entry, the liquid started to bubble and hiss loudly. The room soon started to shake and pieces of the platform began to crumble away.

Rainbow Dash ran towards Twilight and Spike. "Uh...guys!" she said. "We have to get out of here, like now!"

Twilight began to charge her horn again, "Hold on to me guys!" she yelled. With a flash of light, the trio vanished from the room.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The next thing Spike knew, he was spread out on a hard ground.

"Whoa, back up! Give him some room!" shouted a familiar voice.

Spike groggily opened up one eye, "Shining Armor?" he asked. "Where am I?"

"Is he okay?" asked another voice.

Spike opened his other eye, "Vinyl?" he asked. The deejay flashed a bright smile before levitating the dragon to his feet.

"You're okay!" she said, pulling him in for a suffocatingly tight hug.

"V-Vinyl, I c-can't b-breathe!" he choked out. Vinyl ended the hug before delivering a strong slap to the drake's face.

"Ow!" cried Spike, rubbing his face. "What was that for?"

"That's for leaving me and Octavia tied up during a firefight!" she yelled. Her anger didn't last however as she found her face turning back into a smile.

Spike smiled as well, "Maybe a thank you is in order?" he suggested.

Vinyl took off her goggles, she leaned in and gave Spike a kiss on the nose. "Thanks." she said.

Spike's cheeks warmed as he blushed, "Heh heh, don't mention it." he said, a big 'dumb guy' smile on his face. "Uh, where are we?" he asked.

Vinyl facehoofed, "Oh yeah! Neon took us to some weird pizza joint, we're in the parking lot." She motioned over to a group of gaurdspony, "Octavia is over there filling out some paperwork."

"Oh..." Spike's eyes suddenly popped open. "Wait, where's Neon!? Has he been arrested?" he asked.

Vinyl sighed, "We don't know. Your Pegasus friend told me that he fell in some kind of acid pit, or something. The gaurdspony couldn't find him anywhere."

Spike cursed under his breath. "To think that he's going to get away with all this..."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." said Shining Armor. "That acid had strong amounts of Hayter Bleach bleach in it. If Neon is still alive, hes going to be bald for a very long time."

Spike smiled at the thought of a hairless Neon. "Hey Shining, where's Twilight?" he asked.

Shining pointed towards an ambulance carriage. "She's recovering over there." he explained. "Neon's spell took a lot out of her."

Spike started towards the carriage, a medic had just finished giving Twilight some magic stimulants.

"Spike!" she yelled. The unicorn lept from her seat and wrapped Spike in a hug.

"Glad to see you too!" said Spike, again being choked. He pulled away from Twilight's death grip.

"It's finally over." Spike said. "It's all over."

The dragon felt a hoof on his shoulder, he turned to see the two reunited mares. "Spike," Octavia began. "Vinyl and I couldn't thank you enough for all that you've done for us." she said.

Spike smiled, "Don't worry about it, I promise I won't hold any grudges." he joked.

Vinyl stepped forward, "Well, we've been thinking." She turned towards Octavia. "We'd appreciate if you'd do us a favor."

Spike's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh...sure!" he said. "What is it?"

Author's Note:

We're nearing the end of our adventure! I can not thank you guys enough for all the support. Make sure to leave a like and a comment, it only takes a second and means the world to me.

Stay tuned for epilogue!