• Published 27th Dec 2012
  • 764 Views, 19 Comments

Inside of My Chrysalis - EpicChrysalis



My name is Chrysalis. You probably saw me as heartless. Cruel. Just plain evil. But I wasn't always like that. My cruelty came from my life of devastation. From a Queen beyond cruel. This is the story of my life.

  • ...
2
 19
 764

Live

We buried Illy in the Canterlot Cemetery. I started crying again, even though she was grosser than ever. The soil we buried her in had light peeking through it. She would probably never stop glowing. After Celestia said we were welcome in Canterlot, we held Illy's funeral. Princess Celestia fed us a whole feast for dinner each night. Our skinny bodies started getting fat. Princess Celestia's doctor told us royalty was to be skinny and put us on diets. After that, we were pretty close to the way we were before. I thought she was fattening us up to eat us at first, but after we got a diet I doubted it. Her niece, Cadence is just a tiny foal, and is really cute.

One night, I almost went to bed forgetting my suspicions of the princess. I remembered right before I dozed off and jolted awake. I though it was no big deal, but then I realized it might be a sign. I woke up around midnight to talk to Chaos about the suspicions. Maybe she would understand. I reached for her to tap her shoulder, but her shoulder wasn't there. I panicked, then calmed down. What if she just changed position? I searched for her, and my hoof landed in a thick, but slimy substance. It felt a lot like blood. I turned the light on. And I panicked when the stuff was red. I looked again. The stuff was all over Chaos's bed. Chaos wasn't there. I felt hatred for Celestia crawl up my legs. It didn't take long for it to take over my heart and brain. I magicked the door open and bolted out. I flew like an eagle for a few feet and then crashed into somepony.

"Hey! You made me spill my water, Chrysalis!" It was Chaos, walking to the room with Celestia. Unharmed.

"Chaos! You're alive! I mean, I guess I thought you died. You were gone." I felt really stupid. Chaos started laughing. Princess Celestia joined in too. But then I remembered something, and said it before it registered. "The red stuff! The blood!"

"It was ketchup!" Chaos had to pause laughing, which it looked she was struggling. "I was hungry, so I got a midnight-" She was cut off by laughter. "And, I-" More laughing. "Sorry, I spilled." She laughed carelessly now. Princess Celestia had already stopped her controlled laughing. I don't know if Chaos ever will.

"Is it really that funny?" I moaned indignantly. "Let's get some sleep."
It took awhile for Chaos to stop laughing. The next morning, I started the day with an embarrassing memory.

"Remember last night?" I said and chuckled. Chaos laughed her head off for fifteen minutes. It was an improvement, she did twenty last night. I mentioned a lot today, to try and make her get over it. She finally stopped. We told baby Cadence the story and she smiled the whole time. Bad idea, Chaos laughed five minutes only because it was the full story, not just a recall. I asked her about the story the next day, and it brought half an hour of laughing.

Why was it so funny to her? Now I have something to ponder over. Chaos just has a weird sense of humor, I guess. Maybe she enjoyed it so much because it was a derp on my part. One day, I got so mad that Chaos was laughing at my mistake, and it also seemed like she was joking about death, the hollow feeling I had when Illy got crushed by the rock. Death was no joke to me, so I exploded with rage one day. "Stop laughing so much! It isn't even that funny, it's just a dumb mistake!" I screamed.

"It's kinda funny." Chaos peeped, shrinking away from me. She smiled innocently to make it worse. She wasn't a baby anymore.

"It's like laughing about Illy's death! The rock not only crushed Illy but it punctured my soul. Now, if Celestia had killed you, she would've crushed a part of me too. What if it was me, who you thought was dead, killed by the princess, but when you found me I started laughing!"

"I-I, don't-"

"Exactly!" My voice was so solid and fierce that I was sure she wouldn't forget it soon. I regretted that, I wanted to hear her response. Seeing her in a bit of misery and all confused would have been joyful. I didn't like this week, but it was a week with perfection compared to my old life.
She made a tiny squeak, closing her eyes tightly and looking away from me.

"Now, run! Out of here! Queen Chrysalis needs time alone!" Chaos ran upstairs into her room. I closed my eyes with a smile, and held my head high. Now the perfection starts again. Queen Chrysalis. When I really am the Queen, I won't have to shove away pity and regret after bossing one around. I will have every right to do anything. Every right to do anything? That thought scared me.

A tyrant! No! I can't be a tyrant! I'll be a bit of a strict leader, and I'll make my power clear, but I won't be a tyrant! These thoughts swirled in my mind.
"I am not a tyrant!" I shouted.

I remembered my assertiveness to Chaos. Fun, enjoyable, makes me feel full of myself. I enjoyed it. I am a tyrant! I calmed myself quickly. I just let my pride express itself. Trotting away to display satisfaction, I crashed into Celestia. She stared down at me, disappointed.

Her lips moved not one bit, but I heard her voice.
` "Maybe you want to reconsider either that statement or how you act."

I'm a tyrant!

Author's Note:

Yes, yes. Now Chrysalis is becoming evil. >:3 She couldn't have been too good too long, now could she have?
Sorry for the short chapter. I may lengthen everything once I finish. Also, there will be 12-14 chapters. I think 12, but I may get overboard with the event I have planned. Mwuhahahaha!!
Also, Chapter Ten is huge! (I honestly just started writing Chapter 11)

Comments ( 3 )

Wait. Celly is evil, and Chryssie is overly neurotic?

2141028 Yeah, I guess. :facehoof: I wrote chapter 8 kinda fast. Sorry, things will be less confusing later on. :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment