• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 422 Views, 4 Comments

The Changeling and her colt. - -Bookmark-



This is a short love story between a changeling and colt

  • ...
7
 4
 422

A love filled pie

Before Soarin was born his father, the one that ran the bakery in cloudsdale was a simple colt doing his best to make bake his goods. Pouring his love into everything he made, to the point where it made it sweeter.

One day just before closing the bell ringed above the door. There was a beautiful mare standing in his empty shop one of the most beautiful he had ever seen. Within a moment his father was in love. Over the next few weeks his father, tried to impress her. With simple gifts, flowers and love poems. Of course, this did not get him anywhere. His last hope was a pie.
The pie itself was not anything special. It had a simple flaky crust and it apples for its filling. But my father poured all of his love into it. With his last hope, he went up to her and offered his pie. Explaining how he felt about her, she turned him down.
He was heartbroken; the cloudsdale baker went for a fly. He let his wings carry him as his hooves held onto the pie. It was still warm and the sent of the love filled bake good, floated down to the forest below where the smell of love attracted some attention. Mid-flight a swarm rose out of the forest and quickly overtook the baker. Pulling him down into the hive where he will meet the queen.

There before the Queen of the changelings. The young baker sat, lost in his own broken heart with the love-filled pie sitting in front of him. She looked annoyed as her gaze fell on the blue colt. "ARE YOU LISTENING?!" She yelled as he looked up at her. She stepped down from her throne and looked him over. "You’re nothing but a colt. You have no love to speak of. And yet, the scent of it follows you." She looked down at the pie sitting before her. "What is this?" She asked, as she smelled it again. "Why is love coming from this item." She looked down at the colt. Before leaning in and taking a bit of the pie.
While she was eating the pie, the baker looked up at the black mare of a changeling. "Why are you eating my pie?" He said as he sat there. “That was for my love!" His hooves reached for it trying to take it away. As some guards quickly stopped him "Give it back! I didn't make it for you!"

Queen Chrysalis looked down at the colt while licking the remnants of the pie off her snout standing next to her guards. "So why were you in the middle of nowhere? Why haven't you given your love your gift?" She was interested in this colt and his story the one that can feed love though his food.

The colt looked down as the darkness in his heart began to over take his heart once again. "SHE DIDN’T WANT IT OR ME EITHER!" The sound of his voice echoed though the throne room as Chrysalis took pity on him.

She couldn't stand looking down at the defeated colt so she stepped forward. Her guards stepped aside leaving nothing between him and her. "Pegasus colt stand tall not many can do what you just did." She tried her best to be polite. "You give me enough love to fill me. There are not many who can do this. Therefore, I will not kill you and feed your body to the swarm. I will let you go. On the promise I will get one of your love filled items per day." She looked down at him. Not sure if he was listening.

The colt did not move, but listened to the words the changeling spoke to him. The thought of her feeding him to the swarm never crossed his mind until she said it. Fear growing then fading once she spoke of letting him go. In exchange for pie filled with the same love, he poured into the gift. "And if I refuse?" He asked while his mind raced with the many possibilities.

"I could just keep you here." She smiled as she stepped back, moving towards her throne. "I am offering you this deal in good fate. Your life in exchange for the same treat I have enjoyed. Is that not fair?"

The young colt saw no other way out so he nodded in agreement. "Then it's a deal. I Morning skies, will bake for you." His heart was still broken. But he was too stubborn to let himself die like this.

The smile on Chrysalis' face grew ever so slightly. "Excellent, I and I alone will be stopping in daily to pick up my gift. Of course, I will look like a normal mare. Just look for the mare with the bright green eyes." She sat on her throne once again. "You may go."

Without a second thought, the colt flew off. Chrysalis looked at her guards, giving them the order to track him. Morning was happy to see the sky again; once he was out of the dark hive, he quickly flew making it back to cloudsdale before the evening sun set.

Over the next few weeks, Chrysalis made her way into Cloudsdale disguised as a new mare in town. She smiled and entered the baker's shop, getting her pie and enjoying it there. Over time, she got to know more about Morning skies. Their talks got longer and longer, as time passed on. She couldn't help but enjoy seeing him.

Morning was scared of Chrysalis at first. Soon he let his guard down and spoke with her about life in cloudsdale. He told her about some of his friends and soon he wanted her to stay when she had to leave. He was enjoying baking her pies filled with his love he was slowly falling for her. One night he asked her to stay with him.

Chrysalis agreed and they had one night together. The next morning as both lay in bed. One of Morning's friends walked in and found them Chrysalis was no longer in her disguise as a normal mare. The pony screamed and ran out. Both Morning and Chrysalis saw the pony run out. "I think I should go." Chrysalis said as she got out of bed, she quickly changed into the mare she was the night before. She left as Morning sat there not sure what to say.

Morning got out of bed, and went on with his day. Selling his goods and making everything from cakes to sugar cookies. But he noticed not many of his usual customers stopped in. He stood at the counter waiting for the rest of the ponies to come and buy his baked goods. But none came. Not even Chrysalis came for her pie…

Soon a day of no customers turned into two, a week passed. He could see from his shop window mares and colts alike, standing there talking. Whenever he was out of his shop and walking around the city, he would hear whispers about himself, and how his lover was a changeling. He had also heard them speaking that they shouldn't go near him or his shop. This was slowly eating away at his nerves.

Weeks passed with no one coming in. At this point he found it hard to get up in the morning. He needed to do something. Using what money he had, he hired a freelance reporter. And told them what happened. How his heart was broken, how he was kidnapped and taken into the hive. He also mentioned the deal with the Queen making it seem like he was the victim that he wasn't at fault. Leaving the part of him falling in love with her out even going so far as to lie about the morning his friend found him.
The article was picked up by every newspaper in Equestria and was run more than once. Giving him and his bakery a boost in sales quickly it made up for all the lost sales over the past few weeks. He was happy to make all those bits.

The news reached the hives and Chrysalis; anger took over her, she flew out of the hive leaving her children and guards. She quickly arrived in cloudsdale, and not bothering to hide herself. She marched into the shop, staring at Morning she lost her nerve his gaze meeting her green eyes. They just stood there and stared at each other.

The moment ended once, one of the other ponies in the shop tossed a cake. It smeared her long green air. Soon another pony threw something else. Soon many ponies joined in. Chrysalis looked to morning for help, but he just stood there. Tears formed in her eyes as she ran off.

Days passed and days turned to weeks and weeks to months. There was no sign of the changeling queen. Even the hive he was taken too was abandoned. He looked for her, but he wasn't sure if she wanted to see him. Once a year passed, he had given up all hope of seeing her again.

One night, Morning was awakened by a loud and quick knock. He got up and rushed to the door and opened it. Only to find the night air to greet him in his disappointment he turned to shut the door, he stopped and heard some breathing. He turned around he looked down and found a basket with a note sitting over a baby Pegasus colt. His mane was blue as the evening sky and his coat was as bright as his own. He smiled and looked into the foals eyes and noticed they were green… just like Chrysalis.

Note: Dear Morning. Here is our son; I love him as much as I loved you. But the hive is no place for him. He needs to be with ponies. Unlike myself he learned how to change and hold his form. So it shouldn't be hard to pass him off as a family member. Please stop your search for me. I’m sorry but I no longer have feelings for you.... Take care of Young Soarin, and make sure he gets lots of love and pie.
Sincerely, Chrysalis

Comments ( 4 )

The feels :fluttercry:

Wut the heck did I just read.

3734806 a strange idea I had a year ago. I wrote it in three hours and only edited it a little.

3734144 thanks for reading it.

Login or register to comment