• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 9,978 Views, 194 Comments

My Little Scootaloo - SolidFerret



Rainbow Dash mothers a baby Scootaloo.

  • ...
4
 194
 9,978

Hearths Warming Eve.

5 months later


Rainbow Dash opened her eyes on a cold winter morning. Lifting her wing, she saw Scootaloo sleeping. Clutching a stuffed toy while wrapped in a blanket, she was breathing softly while dreaming of something since her wings kept buzzing like she was flying.

Rainbow smiled at her. It has been five months since she found her. To this day she still refuses for a crib since she prefers giving the baby warmth. Dash was still grateful for all the support her friends gave her. She did feel the need to pay them bits for the things (despite several objections).

Today was different. Today was a day about cherishing your loved ones and being friendly and positive.

It was Hearths Warming Eve.

Rainbow Dash looked outside and saw clouds above her house. Snow was falling from them and on to the ground. All of Ponyville was covered in a thick layer of snow. Ponies have already went outside to play with friends and family. From foals going out with cousins about Rainbows' age, to full grown ponies catching up with siblings and parents. Dash saw one mare with her baby foal that she recognized.

Going back to her bed, she began to lightly shake Scootaloo awake.

"Scoots wake up. It's snowing out wake up." Rainbow Dash said softly in her ear. Scootaloo hadn't seen snow yet. Since every Hearths Warming Eve the weather Peagusi schedule snow specifically, Rainbow knew that it would be the perfect day to bring Scootaloo and play in the snow.

Scootaloo's wings buzzed as she raised her head and opened her eyes. She wiggled out of her blanket and began to shiver violently (A/N Before you happen look and see the tunnels all around me)*. Rainbow picked her up and wrapped her wings around the toddler to warm her. Scootaloo stopped shaking and looked up at her mother with wide, bright violet eyes and said,

"Momma" she spoke. Scootaloo had learned to speak better now. She could attempt to speak in sentences after being taught daily by Dash.

Rainbow Dash smiled and put her down. Scootaloo had become more energetic in the part months. She began to run jump around with her wings buzzing like she was trying to fly. Rainbow went to a drawer and opened it. Inside were some coats and hats for cold weather. She didn't need a coat but she grabbed a beanie for herself. She got a small coat and hat and turned to the hyperactive infant bouncing around her.

'She's been around Pinkie Pie to much' she thought to herself as Scootaloo jumped on her. Dash turned her attention to the jumping toddler and began to play with her. While she was pinning Scootaloo to the ground lightly so the baby wouldn't think that she was trying to hurt her. Rainbow managed to make Scootaloo think that she was playing, but instead she got her coat on and put a hat on her head. Scootaloo, by the time she realized what was happening, looked confused at the clothing that was put on her. They were made by Rarity in her colors. Orange for the coat and Purple for the hat. Dash simply put on a rainbow beanie and lowered herself so Scootaloo could climb on her back.

Rainbow Dash walked out of her house and looked to see her friend hadn't moved to far from where she originally saw her. Spreading out her wings, she jumped and floated to the ground at the same speed as a snowflake. She landed on the ground near her friend and called to her.

"Hey Derpy!"

The mares' ears percked up at the sound of somepony calling her name. She turned around and smiled and waved at them both. Rainbow Dash began to trot over to her.

"Hey Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. Happy Hearths Warming Eve."

"Thanks. To you both as well." She responded.

A head popped out of the snow, getting Scootaloos' attention. Derpy bent her head down and picked her up and placed her in front of Rainbow. Dash picked Scootaloo off her back and placed her near the baby.

"I've always wanted Dinky to meet Scootaloo." Derpy remembered the first time she saw Scootaloo. When she arrived at Rainbow Dashs' house and saw her, she thought she was at the wrong house. After Rainbow told her the story, Derpy had tears in her eyes.

The two foal were already digging in the snow, making snow angels, slipping around ice. The two mares watched as the two were sliding around and gigling on the ice.

"Wow. Foals really change your lives don't they." Dash said.

"Yeah. I don't know where I would be without Dinky. She's the reason that I keep going in the morning."

"The same goes for me too."

After a few hours of playing with snow on the ice, Scootaloo decided to try to fly. In her take off attempt, her hooves slipt and she hit her head on the ice. Scootaloo began to sob, catching Rainbow Dash's attention.

Rainbow Dash gasped and ran over to her. Being careful on the ice she picked her up with her hooves and hovered over the the snow. Derpy also grabbed Dinky before she could get hurt. Rainbow began to look where Scootaloo hit her head. She began to rub it but Scootaloo cried louder and tried pushing Dash's hoof away. Turning to the gray mare she said

"Derpy I got to go." Derpy only nodded her head as Rainbow Dash flew off to her house.

When she got there, she knew what to do. Scootaloo has hit her head before and this will probably not be the last. Rainbow picked up a piece of cloud from her house and made it into a pillow. She placed Scootaloo, who was by now sniffling, and placed the hurt side of her head on the cloud pillow. She carried her to bed with the pillow. She set her down and pulled the blanket over her. Before she could go get some milk for her she heard Scotaloo call to her.

"Mommy." Dash turned around to see her daughter pointing at her stuffed monkey. Rainbow Dash went over and picked it up and gave it to her. Scootaloo took hold of it and snuggled it while closing her eyes.

After giving her formula, Rainbow Dash crawled into bed as the moon rose up into the sky. Scootaloo had fallen asleep and was breathing lightly. Rainbow Dash leaned over and kissed Scootaloo on the forehead.

"Goodnight my angel." She whispered in her ear.

Scootaloos' wings buzzed at the sound of her mothers' voice.


* The Saltwater Room by Owl City

A/N Hope you guys enjoyed. I do not own My Little Pony. Happy Holidays.

Seasons Greetings from Sol1dF3rr3t.