• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 9,978 Views, 194 Comments

My Little Scootaloo - SolidFerret



Rainbow Dash mothers a baby Scootaloo.

  • ...
4
 194
 9,978

Babysitting.

"No please! Don't take her away!"

"I'm sorry. I gotta."

"But she's my daughter. You can't take her from me."

"Rainbow Dash it's only until you get back from weather patrol."

Rainbow Dash stood outside the house on Sweet Apple Acres holding Scootaloo close to her chest. Applejack was getting frustrated with her since she's acting like she will never see her daughter again.


"Listen here. I know it's hard to be away from your baby but you don't have to worry about her. She's in good hooves."

"I'm sorry Applejack but I haven't left her side since the day i found her."

"I know how you feel but every parent and sister has to leave to do other things."

Rainbow took a deep breath and held Scootaloo out to Applejack. Scootaloo looked back at her mother with a look asking 'what are you doing.' Applejack took hold of the infant and tried to restrain her as she reached out towards her mother. Dash had already calmed down and was ready to leave. Before she left she kissed Scootaloo on the forehead said goodbye. Scootaloo tried to reach out towards her but Applejack held her tighter and Rainbow took off into the sky.

After bringing her in and setting her down near Apple bloom, Scootaloo began to sob madly. Applejack wasn't surprised and actually felt bad for the baby Pegasus. She knew that her mother hadn't left her since the day she found her. Apple Bloom crawled over to her and tried cheering her up the best she could. It involved presenting her toys, booping her nose again, giggling, and seeing if she was hungry. Apple Bloom got so tired of seeing Scootaloo crying that she started to cry.

Applejack saw them and actually chuckled to herself. She picked the both of them up and set them on the table in the kitchen. She then got out two apples and sucked in a big breath. She turned away from the crying fillies and began work with the two apples. She turned around with the two apples in her nose.

"Look girls I'm a walrus." She made walrus noises to go with her impersonation.* The two infants stopped crying and began laughing at Applejack and how silly she looked. Applejack had done this on many occasions to cheer up Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Rarity always said that Applejack better wash the apples when she was done.

Applejack blew air through her nose, blowing out the apples. She looked back to the giggling toddlers and saw that they were already happy and were waiting to do something fun. They jumped off the table but before they could land Applejack caught them both.

Setting them down, Applejack was having a hard time deciding on what to do. She wanted to take Sootaloos' mind off of her mother. The country mare gathered the two babies and put them on her back. She stepped out of the house and saw the blue sky with a few clouds lingering around. The air was cold causing the babies to shiver and use their short tails in an attempt to warm themselves.

Applejack walked out to the farm. She opened the door and stepped in to get away from the cold air. The babies stopped shivering and looked around. While Apple Bloom was familiar with the barn, it was new to Scootaloo. She looked around with interest in the array of tools and hay. She laughed at the animals that they passed as they looked at her with confusion.

Applejack raised herself up to a cart in the back of the barn. Apple Bloom instinctively climbed in while Scootaloo remained on Applejacks' back confused on what to do. Apple Bloom caught on and grabbed Scootaloo and pulled her into the cart.

After the foals were in, Applejack hooked herself into the cart. She pulled it out of the barn and into the cold air outside. She didn't worry about the two in the back since there was hay in the back that would keep them warm. Applejack began to pull the cart at a fast but steady pace. The cart shook as the two fillies popped their heads out from the hay and looked around. They both saw the sights of Sweet Apple Acres. Apple Bloom was clapping her hooves in delight as since she loves riding in the cart. Scootaloo looked, smiling at the sight of nature in front of her.

Applejack was working up a sweat from pulling the two fillies but she knew that the smiles on their faces were worth the effort. She pulled back into the barn and unhooked herself. The two foals were playing around in the back, (A/N giggidy) by throwing hay at each other. Applejack smiled at them as she picked them up and put them on her back. The foals were playing patty cake and giggling as Applejack went back to the house.

When she got back she saw that it was past noon and that Rainbow Dash would be back soon. Meanwhile the two fillies were in the living room playing with toys. Applejack made them some formula and brought it out to both of them in the living room. They took the bottles and began to gulp down the milk since they haven't been fed since before Rainbow Dash came to drop Scootaloo off.

After they finished and were burped, Applejack herself began to play with them. By now, the dynamic duo were full of energy and were jumping around running circles around Applejack. However Applejack had dealt with this before and was playfully pinning them down and tickling them. When one was pinned the other would try to save them. Applejack would let go of one of them and get the other.

After a while of playful torture, Applejack decided that they should have their 'revenge' on her.

"Alright you two got me" She said as she let the two climb on top of her stomach. That brought a tickling sensation as she began to giggle.

"Careful you two. Ahm ticklish." Those words made Apple Bloom and Scootaloo began to walk around Applejacks stomach even more. The mare was laughing at the sensation and from the fun she was having.

Scootaloo was laughing at the fun as well. But then she turned her head towards the windows that viewed the doorway. The curtains were covering it but Scootaloo could see a shadow move through it. Scootaloo was about to call it before a knocking was heard on the door.** Applejack got up and quickly answered it. Rainbow Dash stood there tired as if she flew here very fast.

"You alright Sugarcube."

"Yeah just out of breath." Rainbow responded.

"Well come inside. Scootaloo has been waiting for ya since ya left." Applejack moved to let Rainbow in. Scootaloo was already there hugging her mothers hoof.

"Welp guess ya better get goin. Say goodbye Applebloom."

Apple Bloom could only get out a "bah bah'' and waved at Scootaloo and Dash.

"Bah bah." Scootaloo waved back as she climbed up Rainbows' hoof and onto her back. Dash smiled and thanked Applejack and took off into the sky once more.







* Apple.mov reference

This chapter was based off of when I was babysat.

** Was something that I remember from those times when I looked towards the window and saw a shadow moving and i knew it was my mom. Can't believe I still remember that.

A/N Hope yall enjoyed. I don not own My Little Pony.