• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 660 Views, 29 Comments

Ponyville in a "Jam" - Polygrammar



The Doctor and Ditzy discover a problem in Ponyville after a long hiatus in their adventures.

  • ...
4
 29
 660

[INSERT ORIGINAL TITLE HERE]

The Doctor wasn't scared. Nope, not a bit. Choking darkness? He laughs at it. Bone chilling floor? Please, he's been through worse. Heavy breathing from somewhere to his left?

Well, now that actually was scaring him.

"H-hello? Is…is anyone there?"

The breathing stopped. Okay, now he was freaking out a bit.

"Aaaaaah!" He screamed when he felt a drop of water fall on the back of his neck.

Well, maybe a more than just a bit.

The remnants of his scream continued to echo off the walls until there was nothing but complete silence again. The Doctor slowly got to his feet, which turned out to be a little harder than usual since he couldn't actually see his hooves. He took a couple tentative steps forward and immediately felt his hoof hit something cold, wet and sticky.

"Oh, what in the…of all the rotten…disgusting!" He lifted his hoof and tried to shake whatever it was off, but it stayed stuck. "Ew, why is it so…squishy?" Then he smelled whatever it was. It wasn't a bad smell; in fact it actually smelled good, sweet even. He brought his hoof up to his nose to get a better whiff. It was then he realized what it was. "…is this…jelly? Am I standing in jelly!? Of all the things I could just happen to step upon, it has to be the last bit of jelly in the entire town!" He fumed as he began scraping his hoof across the ground, trying to rid it of the offending foodstuff. "Stupide bonbons rejeter…" He grumbled.

"Doctor?"

His head snapped up when he heard the voice.

"Ditzy?"

"Doctor, where are you?" Her voice bounced off the walls and made it hard for him to pinpoint exactly which direction it came from.

"Apparently I'm standing in jelly. Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I got dragged in after you when I tried to save you."

"Ditzy, I told you to run. Why didn't you run?"

"Sorry Doctor…" Her voice held an air of guilt.

The Doctor sighed. "It's alright Ditzy. There's nothing we can do about it now. All we can do is figure out how to get out of here. Any chance you have a flashlight on you?"

"No, but Doctor I think there's a-"

"I guess I'll have to improvise then. I may be able to pin point the exact shape and size of the room we're in and our positions in it by creating echoes with my voice."

"But Doctor I found a-"

"Ooooooh waaaaaaaaaaah oooooooh waaaaaah-"

"Doctor-"

"Mauwa waaah naaaaaa meeeeeee wooooooo-Gah!" The Doctor's eyes were filled with a blinding flash as a spark suddenly lit up the entire room for a split second. He shut his eyes to avoid the pain of his burning retinas. He opened them to slits until they adjusted, then he looked about the now well lit room. Actually, room wasn't a good word for it. More like cave. A cave inexplicably lined with lights on the walls and ceiling. As he looked around, he finally noticed the gray mare in the corner, her hoof still on a comically large laboratory-style switch. "Ditzy, why didn't you just tell me there was a light switch-" He stopped as he got a better look at her. At first he thought it was just a trick of the light, but as he continued to stare he realized that wasn't it.

"…What is it Doctor?" Her confused look turned to horror. "Is it that thing again!?" She whipped around and looked behind her. Seeing nothing, she turned back to the Doctor, who still had the same weird look as before. She glared at him. "Would you just tell me what you're staring at!?"

"…Guh…uh…"

"Come on…"

"It's…it's…"

"Doctor!"

"Ditzy…it's your…your eyes…"

"My eyes? What about my eyes?"

"They're…they're…straight!"

"What!?" She looked into a puddle of water near her and saw in her reflection that her eyes were indeed straight. In fact if you had never known her, you wouldn't even realize she was any different in that regard. "Doctor, what happened to me!?" She screamed.

"I don't know!"

"Aaaaaaaah!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah!"

They both began screaming alternatingly before screaming one last time in unison. Mid scream, part of the ceiling suddenly crumbled above them, sending down a cascade of rubble and debris on top of the pair. When the dust settled, all that was left was a huge pile of rocks and dirt. The Doctor's head popped out, stars swirling about his head as he did a near perfect impression of his assistant.

"Ditzy, are you alright?"

Ditzy followed the Doctor's lead, her head popping up out of the pile. After she did so, a small rock fell and bounced off the top of her head, returning her eyes to their normal wall eyed state. "Just fine Doctor, nothing to worry about here."

"Oooh, that was a doozy!" The Doctor and Ditzy suddenly found themselves pulled into a neck crushing hug as Pinkie Pie, who had evidently fallen with the ceiling, pulled them both out only to choke the life out of them. At least that's what it seemed like what she was doing. "Boy, when I felt that huge assortment of twitches and shakes I just knew something big big big was going to happen! Who would have known I'd fall right through the floor on top of you guys!" She let them go; barely giving them any chance to fill their lungs with much needed air before she stretched her neck out (literally) to glare at them face to face. "Although, I am mad at you two for trying to sneak into the party early!" She pulled her head back, only to have it re-appear above them. "Aw, I can't stay mad at you two!" She somehow teleported between them, once again pulling them into another hug. "I know you want to party, but you have to wait for me to get it ready before we can get it started!"

The Doctor pried himself away from the pink pony with a crowbar he found in the rubble. "Miss Pie, I have absolutely no idea what it is you are talking about! And we certainly weren't trying to sneak into any party! We were dragged her by some creature. Now, could you please be so kind as to release my assistant? I don't think I've ever seen her face that color before."

Pinkie let Ditzy go, who promptly fell over, twitching slightly as she lay there motionless.

"Thank you. Now, I assume it was you who set up all these lights?"

"Yep! I was going to have the party up in Sugar Cube Corner, but my new friend was too shy to go up there, so I decided I'd bring the party to him!" She emphasized her point by throwing a hoof full of confetti over his head and blowing into a noise maker.

"You're new friend? And just who is this new friend of yours that lives in a damp cave?" Then he realized what she said. "Wait, Sugar Cube Corner is right above us?" He looked up through the hole, seeing nothing but a dank cellar in the room above. "So then this cave is right underneath Sugar Cube Corner…that must be why I didn't see the indicator on the display of the Portal Ray! One of the portals led to your room, and the other led down here, directly underneath! The one in your room hid the one in here!" He held up his hoof for a victory bump, which Pinkie gave enthusiastically, despite the fact she had no idea what he was talking about.

"So then…this is where the jelly thief is hiding?" Ditzy asked, having apparently regained consciousness.

"Not at the moment, it would seem. But Pinkie has given me a few more clues as to the identity of him. Like, for instance, the thief really is a 'him'. Isn't that correct, Miss Pie?"

"Oh absolutely, I dare say you would be right in saying that, Mr. Doctor." She replied in a mock impression of the Doctor's accent.

"I do not sound like that."

Pinkie sat back on her haunches and crossed her hooves. "I don't sound like that. I'm the Doctor."

"Miss Pie, you are being very immature."

"Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey."

"Okay, now you're just being-oh wait, I actually do say that."

Ditzy tapped him on the shoulder. "Uh, Doctor. If you're done playing around, can we maybe start looking for a way out of here?"

"Yes, it would be a nice change of pace to get out of this dreary locale. Miss Pie, is there any way you've been using to get down here to-Miss Pie?" He looked to where she had been only to realize she was no longer there.

"Up here Doctor!" He looked up to see Pinkie now in the room above them, standing at the edge of the hole and waving down at him. She reached behind her and grabbed a rope ladder she had somehow obtained and threw it down for them.

"Wha-how did she-"

Ditzy walked past him unfazed and began climbing. "Coming Doctor?"
________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh please Ditzy, it's not like that was the first time I've ever been thrown out of a building."

"That's because you're a weird pony, Doctor."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

They were talking about what had happened to them not five minutes ago. After going back to the house they had broken into to get the Portal Ray, they were quickly thrown out by the very angry residents. Thrown out being literal, of course, the proof of that being in the fact that Ditzy was still rubbing her neck from landing flat on her head.

"Where to now anyway, Doctor?"

"To come up with a new plan."

"New plan? Do we need a new plan? I mean we already know where the thief is hiding now, can't we just wait for him and catch him when he comes back?"

"If you recall, my dear assistant, the thief is the one who dragged us there in the first place. Whether the creature you saw was a trap or his pet remains to be seen, but what we do know is that he won't be coming back to that cave anytime soon. It was completely empty, save for the pile of jelly I inconveniently stepped in. No, my guess is that he packed up and moved before we ever found that place, but that's good because now we have him on the run."

"So we're chasing him then?"

"Chase, hunt, stalk, whatever you want to call it. The thing is, he couldn't have gone far; he must be using some sort of short range-" He stopped mid-sentence, his ears perking up to their full height. Before Ditzy could ask what was wrong, he grabbed her and hauled her into the nearest alley.

Ditzy sighed angrily. "Oh, not this again…Doctor, when are you gonna stop trying to hide every time Twilight comes around-" Then she heard the same humming noise they had heard earlier. They waited stone still until the scooter and wagon zipped by, only after the noise disappeared did the Doctor relax.

"That was a close one. A bit too close. Those fillies are really beginning to grind on my gears. The sooner we catch this thief and show those three I'm not him, the sooner I can be rid of them."

"Is that why they kidnapped you? Twice?"

"Yes, now as I was saying, whoever the thief is has some sort of short range teleportation device in his possession. Now that I have the frequency of the portals down, it shouldn't be too hard for me to track the signal of the device."

They found a nice place to sit while the Doctor messed with the Portal Ray. Ditzy waited patiently as the Doctor pressed more keys on the machine and adjusted the radar dish, keeping an eye on the clock while it spun in random circles. Finally they heard a ding, and the clock stopped spinning. The hands stuck at nine and three, making a perfect horizontal line. The Doctor slowly turned a dial, making the hands begin to rise up until they got to twelve. When they did, the Doctor exclaimed "Got it!" and turned off the machine. "It would appear as if the thief has now taken up residence inside a nearby cave, just on the edge of the Everfree forest."

"Sounds like he's near Fluttershy's cottage! Doctor, we have to get there before he finds her, poor Fluttershy would never stand a chance against that creature!"

"Then we must hurry! Allonz-y!"

Ditzy looked at him confused. "Allo-what?"

"It's French. You know what, never mind. Let's just go."
________________________________________________________________________________

They ran as fast as they could to Fluttershy's cottage, the Doctor explaining their plan of action the whole way there. As they neared the cottage, they heard a scream from the side of it. Ditzy, fearing for her friend, took flight, rocketing ahead of the Doctor.

"Ditzy! Wait up! You don't know what he's capable of!" She ignored him and kept going, quickly getting out of his sight. He pushed himself to gallop harder, his breathing becoming more labored. As he got to the corner that he saw Ditzy come around, he tripped on a rock and tumbled around, coming to a stop right in the middle of a group of ponies standing there. When his eyes stopped revolving in their sockets, he realized the ponies, now staring at him oddly, were Ditzy, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Twilight.

"Wha-…what?"

"Oh, it's you Doctor. You know, this is probably the first time we've met so far that you didn't pass out." Twilight said with a twinge of humor in her voice.

Ditzy helped him up to his feet. "I don't understand…nothing seems to have happened here."

"Well of course not, why would you think anything happened?"

"I heard a scream."

"Oh, um…th-that was me…" He looked to where he heard the quiet voice, surprising him when he thought it came from Pinkie. She took a step to the left to reveal Fluttershy behind her. She "Eep!"d when she realized she had been spotted and cowered beneath her hooves. "Y-you see…Pinkie just sort of…popped up…and it…kind of scared me…" She spoke without looking up.

"Oh. I see. So then there was no need for me to rush." He blushed in embarrassment. "Well, now I've got egg on my face, don't I?" Then a thought struck him. "Wait, why are you both here anyway?" He referred to Twilight and Pinkie Pie.

"Well, I came here to ask Fluttershy a question about a creature. I figured if anyone would know more about it-"

"Wait, you're looking for the creature too? Did you see it as well?"

"No, Pinkie told me. It sounded familiar so I started doing research. I couldn't find much, so I came here to see if Fluttershy knew anything." Twilight rolled her eyes. "She was just telling me she didn't know what it was when Pinkie showed up suddenly and scared her half to death."

"I said I was sorry!" The look on Pinkie's face didn't give the impression she meant it.

"So then…what were you doing here, Miss Pie?"

Pinkie held up an envelope. "I was here to give this invitation to my friend!"

Fluttershy looked up from where she was still cowering. "Pinkie, you already gave me an invitation…" She said shyly.

"Not you, silly! My new friend!"

Both the Doctor and Twilight perked at hearing that. "Your new friend? Is he around here?" Twilight asked while craning her head around.

"He's in a cave about one kilometer that way." The Doctor pointed a hoof behind Twilight towards the forest. Twilight looked both surprised and impressed.

"How do you know that Doctor?"

"Do you think I've spent all day passed out? I've been investigating with Ditzy. How else would I know where he is?"

"Maybe you used that alien-kabob you always carry around with you! The one that you can use to unlock doors and repair metal and-" Both Ditzy and the Doctor slapped their hooves over Pinkie's mouth, keeping her from revealing any more then she already had.

Twilight stared at them confused. "Alien-kabob? What is she-"

"Nothing! She's not talking about anything! She's just being Pinkie Pie, you know how that is. Hehehe…" Ditzy smiled awkwardly, hoping Twilight would buy it.

She obviously didn't, but she let it slide anyway. "Right…well then, if you know where the creature is, then we should start heading out." She gave them one last suspicious look before turning and walking in the direction the Doctor had pointed to earlier.

They wiped sweat off their heads. Pinkie giggled hysterically.

They set off after Twilight, leaving Fluttershy behind when it became apparent she wanted nothing to do with a scary monster.

They neared the part of the forest they would need to enter to get to the cave. It was only about fifty meters in as the Doctor explained, so they wouldn't need to travel very far. Just as they were about to enter, they heard the humming noise associated with the Cutie Mark Crusader's scooter. The Doctor whipped around, quickly realizing it was speeding right for him.

"Oh, darn it! Why can't they just leave me alone!?" He panicked and took off into the forest, Ditzy right on his heels.

The three fillies stopped their scooter when Twilight stepped in front of them, blocking their way.

"Just what do you three think you're doing?" She asked with a stern voice.

Scootaloo took off her helmet and hopped off the scooter, throwing it behind her into the wagon. "We're trying to catch the jelly thief!"

Twilight's eyes raised in surprise. "You too? Is everypony more aware of the identity of this mysterious creature but me?"

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom walked up to stand next to Scootaloo. "What creature? We're talking about that Doctor guy! We have reason to believe he's the one stealing all the jelly in town!"

"That's ridiculous-"

"Twilight! We've found it!" She heard the Doctor yell from far off in the forest. She turned and looked, waiting for him to say something again.

When he didn't, she turned to the three fillies and Pinkie Pie and told them "Follow me, and be careful." She then entered the forest, keeping her eye open for the strange pony and the mail mare who called herself his assistant. Before long, just like the Doctor had said, they came upon a cave. They all stood around the entrance to it, waiting for anything to come out.

"Twilight, in here, hurry!" This time it was Ditzy talking, her voice echoing from inside. Twilight hesitated, taking her steps tentatively when she entered the cave. The fillies and Pinkie had other ideas, wind blowing past them as they raced past her, leaving the purple mare a bit disoriented. When she finally made it to where they were standing, she saw that Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were holding the Doctor down while Ditzy stood to the side trying to negotiate his release. Pinkie was nowhere to be seen.

"Give it up thief! We got ya now! Ya'll aint goin' nowhere!" Apple Bloom shouted, gripping his back legs tighter.

"I told you, I am not the thie-"

Sweetie Belle clamped his mouth shut with hooves. "You're not talking your way out of it this time!"

"Please girls, just listen! You have it all wrong!" Ditzy cried.

Twilight stepped in. "My little ponies, let him go right now!"

"But Twilight…"

"No buts. Now."

Their collective "Aaaw"s filled the cave as they grudgingly let the Doctor go. He stood up and shook the dirt off himself.

"Thank you, Miss Sparkle."

"You're welcome Doctor."

A loud boom and a flash of light appeared, the entire cave suddenly being filled up with streamers and balloons, a layer of confetti covering them and the floor. Pinkie Pie was standing with a goofy grin behind her signature party cannon, a cone hat on her head and a noise maker in her mouth. "Thanks for coming to the party, everypony! This is going to be so super fun!"

"Pinkie, this is no time for a par…party…" Twilight slowly let her sentence trail off as the shadows behind Pinkie Pie began to rise up, two glowing yellow eyes staring down at them all from atop a long, slender neck. They all stood there speechless as the creature rose to its full height, its head almost bumping the ceiling. Pinkie Pie turned around to see what they were all looking at, and craned her neck at an unnatural angle to look straight up at the creature. Everything was perfectly still before-

"Hi there! I told you they'd all show up! You big silly worrywart!" Pinkie jumped forward and wrapped the creature in a hug around its neck; startling it and making it lower its head to avoid hitting the wall. As its head lowered into the light, it revealed a long narrow beak on its face.

Ditzy was the first one to react. "What…what in Equestria is that thing?"

Twilight shook her head. "I have no idea…"

"I don't believe it…It's a Jam Lark." The Doctor answered, surprise written on his face.

Twilight looked at him. "A Jam Lark? I've never heard of anything called a Jam Lark." She said this with a clearly annoyed expression, most likely beating herself up for not being able to find it in her research.

"Well I'm not surprised you haven't. Jam Lark's were thought to be extinct, due to the long gestation period of their eggs and the overall fragility of their existence."

"So then what is it doing here? Does it want to eat us?" Sweetie Belle asked from behind her hiding place that was Ditzy.

The Doctor laughed. "Of course not. Jam Lark's are birds, they eat nuts and insects mostly, not ponies."

Pinkie finally let it go, to its relief, and placed a party hat on its head, blowing into a noise maker and throwing confetti over it. "Welcome to Ponyville!" It was clearly confused.

As was Twilight. "What is it doing in here though, Doctor?"

"It was the only place left for it to hide. We discovered its original home so it had to come here."

Ditzy tried to shake the filly clinging to her hind leg off, to no avail. "Then why was it running from us? If it's harmless, why would it be scared of us?"

"Probably so he could protect the eggs."

"Eggs?" Apple Bloom looked around the cave. "Ah don't see no eggs."

"He's sitting on them." The Doctor replied.

"So wouldn't that make it a 'she'?"

"Nope. Just like penguins, the female lays the eggs and leaves them in the care of the male, who then hides in order to keep them safe. He must have mistaken our finding his lair as a threat, which is why he dragged us in and left before we could follow."

"So then…does this mean he's the jelly thief?" Scootaloo asked.

"Correct! The main source of food for newly hatched Jam Lark's is a gelatin substance known as 'pectin', which they would normally get from fruit."

Apple Bloom cocked her head to the side. "Then why would he steal jelly instead of just goin' to Sweet Apple Acres?"

"Well as it turns out, jelly is a much better source of pectin then individual fruits. It would be a lot easier to get the pectin he needs to feed his young from the jelly since it's made from dozens of fruit packed together and sealed air tight."

Sweetie Belle finally pulled herself from Ditzy's leg. "So then…you really were telling the truth when you said you weren't the thief…" The other two fillies held the same guilty looks as Sweetie Belle.

"Girls, do you have anything you want to say to the Doctor?" Twilight said in a strict tone.

"Sorry Mr. Doctor." They all said in unison.

"It's just the Doctor. And thank you girls, that is very mature of you. I hope you learned a lesson not to chase a man relentlessly and kidnap him and torture him and-"

Ditzy stopped him there. "I think what the Doctor means is that you shouldn't judge a pony for being a bit odd. Even if he's really, really odd." Twilight nodded her head in agreement.

"And maybe next time you should come tell me if you think a pony is doing something bad. I'd be more than happy to help you investigate."

Scootaloo shook her head. "Nah, we're bored of investigating now. It didn't work anyway; we still don't have our Cutie Marks."

Sweetie Belle shot her hoof in the air. "Ooh, ooh! I know what we could try next! Let's try to get our Cutie Marks for making jelly!"

The three cheered and sprinted out of the cave, having most likely learned nothing from the day's experiences.

The Doctor let his head droop. "Something tells me they're going to be attempting to kidnap me again sometime in the near future…"

Ditzy patted him on the back.
________________________________________________________________________________

"…So in conclusion, yes, we have discovered the identity of the thief responsible for the rash of thefts in town, but unfortunately, if you were one of the victims affected, I'm sorry to say we cannot return your missing jelly." The Mayor's speech was interrupted by a chorus of angry shouts. "I understand your disappointment but the reason we can't return your jelly is because it has all been…eaten."

"Who in the name of Celestia could eat all that jelly!?" Some faceless pony in the crowd yelled.

The Doctor took that as his cue, replacing the Mayor at the podium and gesturing for his assistant to reveal what was behind the large curtain on the stage they were on. When it dropped, everyone in the audience gasped as the large creature behind it was revealed. "This is a Jam Lark. It is also the culprit behind all the thefts. Although his methods for obtaining sustenance for his young were…illegal, I can assure you it was all done with the best of intentions."

"And just what would that be?" Berry Punch asked angrily.

"Saving an entire species." Three small heads poked out from under the Jam Lark's chest, tiny beaks opening and closing as they chirped for food. The father obliged, lowering his beak to each of theirs and regurgitating the partially digested jelly he had eaten over the past few days. There was a mixture of "Ew"s and "Aw"s that arose from the crowd, the sight both sweet and disgusting to watch.

Berry Punch deflated, her anger dissipating. "Well, I guess that is kind of worth it. But how am I going to get reimbursed for all that jelly?"

The Doctor thought a moment. "A baby Jam Lark has a beak shaped specifically to break out of their shells. Once they reach a certain age, their beaks will fall off to be replaced by the signature slender beaks like their father's, and if I remember correctly, baby Jam Lark beaks fetch for a high price if you know who to sell to-"

"That's all I need to hear! Hey, mister Jam Lark, if you need more jelly, I can make you some more!" Berry Punch said happily while running over to the crowd gathering around the Jam Lark trying to get a better look at the babies. The Doctor laughed.

"You did a good thing today, Doctor." He looked over and saw the Mayor, Twilight and Ditzy walking over to him. "We haven't had a crime spree like this in a long time. I wasn't sure what to do with all these angry ponies breathing down my neck. You've saved me from quite a bit of paperwork young colt. You and your girlfriend should be commended."

Ditzy opened her mouth to object, but the Doctor stopped her. "Just let it go Ditzy Doo, just let it go." She sighed, nodding her head in agreement.

"Doctor! Oh Doctor!" Mr. and Mrs. Cake walked up to the Doctor and Ditzy, Pinkie not far behind sporting two (literally) bouncing baby twins on her back. "I wanted to congratulate you on solving the jelly thief mystery, but I would like to know what headway you made on discovering where our missing utensils went?"

The Doctor froze, eyes widening in realization that he had completely forgotten about that promise. "Well…I…uh…well I uh…that is to say I…"

"Missing utensils? Oh, I took those, Mrs. Cake!" Pinkie said while the babies on her back continued to bounce and giggle, causing her to wince with every impact. She held the same silly smile regardless.

Mrs. Cake looked surprised. "You, Pinkie Pie? Whatever for?"

"Well I had to bake the cake for the party somehow! I had so much to do I didn't have time to go downstairs and bake it! I left a note, didn't you find it?"

"Pinkie Pie, if I had found the note, why would I still think somepony had stolen everything?"

"Oopsie, I guess I forgot to write the note! Sorry Mrs. Cake!"

The baker simply sighed and shook her head. The Cake family continued on their way, the three still standing there laughing at Pinkie's antics. When she was done laughing, Twilight turned to the Doctor.

"So, Doctor, I am still curious as to how the Jam Lark was able to steal all that jelly so quickly."

"Oh, that's right! Jam Lark's are extra-dimensional beings, able to use that long neck and slender beak for more than just picking insects out of holes in trees. They also come in handy for punching holes in the fabric of space, allowing them to reach the food they need while remaining in their stationary position in order to incubate their eggs." The Doctor finished his explanation with a knowing smile and a wink to Ditzy.

"Wow, you sure know a lot of interesting subjects Doctor. Perhaps one of these days we need to sit down for lunch and you can share some of what you know with me. I could even help you out with a few projects, I'm pretty smart, and an excellent note taker."

"Hey, wait a minute now, Twilight Sparkle!" Ditzy said her last name menacingly. "I'm the Doctor's one and only assistant, you better back off if you know what's good for you-"

The Doctor held Ditzy back from the frightened Twilight. "Ditzy, Ditzy, please! There's no need to fight over me! I have plenty of room in my heart for the both of you! I have two after all."

Ditzy and Twilight exchanged looks, then broke out into a fit of laughter.

The Doctor became confused. "What? What is it? What did I say?"

They continued to laugh while the camera faded to black.

Author's Note:

Aaaaand done!
Funny story about this...story. Since the idea for this came from a dream, I couldn't actually remember the whole thing since I forgot it almost immediately. When I first dreamt it, I thought it was a real episode from Season 3, some kind of Brony special they were doing where they picked a fanfic from the fandom and got voice actors to play the Doctor and Ditzy. In my dream they were played by Keikoandgilly and BaldDumboRat from YouTube. When I woke up and realized it was just a dream, I decided to take it upon myself to make it into reality. Unfortunately in my semi conscious state when I wrote down the jist of my dream on a piece of paper, I wrote that the Doctor refers to the creature as a "Jam Lock". It took me about a week to realize I had confused the Doctor saying "Lark" for "Lock" thanks to his accent.
Well, It's been fun writing this for you, thanks to the people who enjoyed this, and a big thanks Dusk Quill for his review. I would never have known I screwed up and to fix it if he hadn't alerted me to my idiocy.

Comments ( 6 )

bravo 8.5/10 an excellent story, although you didn't quite take enough time it felt just a wee bit rushed.

BTW i will be following








p.s. first

1892016 Yeah I was just kind of trying to get it done. I'm not completely proud of it, but oh well. Thanks for reading!:ajsmug:

a... Jam Lark?

1909139 Jam Lark: Extra dimensional beings, distantly related to larks. Main characteristics include large body, long neck and beak, and an ability to punch portals through space and time in order to reach food sources. Aptly named because of a tendency to steal jelly or other large pectin sources, which they need as a food source for their young. Females lay the eggs while the males look after them, typically watching over them and incubating for up to 8-10 years. They are near extinction, approximately only about four remain in the entire universe, given that the mother of the last three hatchlings is now deceased.
Yes, Jam Lark. In my dream it was a Jam Lark. Dont ask me why, I no longer remember it. All I have to go on is this crumpled piece of paper with horrible handwriting.:pinkiehappy:

>>Polygrammar and the doctor?

Login or register to comment