• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,332 Views, 17 Comments

The Prince Returns - Shadowslash101



A story about a Tan Pegasus and the Mane Six saving Equestria from Everlasting Darkness.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,332

Truth Revealed

Chapter 19

Truth Revealed

“I see you have found the Elements of Harmony.” Magi remarked not breaking his concentration the book.
“Yes, indeed, Magi, and we’re here for you to tell us where we can find Prince Joyful.” Twilight replied excited to find out where to find the last thing they need. Magi closed the book with his magic and teleported it into the bookshelf.
“Of course.” Magi turned around to meet her and her friends’ gaze. He mostly looked at Helpful the Selfless though. “But first, I must explain to you something important.” Everypony exchanged looks of confusion.
“Uh, okay, Magi.” Twilight agreed with the old stallion. Magi used his magic to pull off his robe and hang it onto a hook sticking out of the wall beside the stand. Pinkie Pie was the first to spot Magi’s Cutie Mark which was actually Twilight’s! Pinkie Pie hopped over beside Magi. “Hey, Magi! You have Twilight’s Cutie Mark!” Pinkie Pie shouted excitedly, and then everypony noticed this as well.
“Whoa. Wait a second.” Helpful told everypony. He now started to see things clearly. He has met Magi before, but where and when? “Have we met?” Magi only chuckled.
“Many lifetimes ago you might say.” Magi explained with a smile.
“Why do you have my Cutie Mark? Are we--?” Twilight’s sentence was interrupted by Magi.
“Related? Distantly you might say also.” Magi explained with a glad smile. “You are actually my descendent, Twilight Sparkle, and for the rest of you, I know each of your ancestors from the forgotten past.” He pointed at Rainbow Dash. “Your ancestor, Rainbow Dash, was Sir Rainbow Bash,” He then pointed to Rarity, “Yours, Rarity, was named: Serenity,” He pointed to Applejack, “Yours, Applejack, was named: Apple Fritter,” He then pointed to Fluttershy, “Yours, Fluttershy, was named: Golden Hope,” He finally pointed to Pinkie Pie, “And your ancestor, Pinkie Pie, was named: Senator Blue Pie.”
“Senator Blue Pie?” Sunny laughed interrupting Magi. “Who in that time period would ever name their son, or daughter: Senator Blue Pie?” Magi only gave Sunny a cold glare as he walked up to her laughing on Helpful’s back. She then noticed and slew down her laughter to a small giggle.
“My dear Sunny,” Magi began. “Senator Blue Pie was one of the most important ponies in the kingdom; he was my travel companion at most times, and he is the kingdom’s representative, and back then it was considered immoral to ever make fun of our Senator’s name.”
“Wow. He was that important, huh?” Sunny’s expression turned to guilt. “I’m sorry.”
“It is quite fine. I know he would forgive you of your ignorance in that case.” Magi assured her.
“But I don’t understand. How can a Senator be a Representative?” Applejack asked Magi confused on that works.
“Many have questioned Blue Pie’s tactics and reality, but none could argue with his results.” Magi explained with a smile.
“Sounds like a filly we all know.” Sunny remarked referring to Pinkie Pie; who was standing in front of a mirror wearing an old fashioned, blue garment with a pie for a hat. She was laughing at herself in mirror loudly.
“I see that you’ve found his attire.” Magi walked over to Pinkie Pie with a delighted smile. “He often times laughed at himself in the mirror.”
“Well, he has great sense of style!” Pinkie complimented as she messed with the hat.
“And I would expect no other response from you.” Magi chuckled delightfully. Rainbow Dash flew up to Magi.
“Excuse me, Magi, but what was our ancestors like?” Dashie asked him curious.
“Well, they’re you.” Magi answered, but everypony exchanged looks of confusion. He sighed knowing that they wouldn’t understand. “You are your ancestors from the long forgotten past. The Arrogance and Loyalty of Sir Rainbow Bash, the Beauty and Generosity of Serenity, the Meekness and Kindness of Golden Hope, the Commitment and Honesty of Apple Fritter, the Silliness and Laughter of Senator Blue Pie, and the Faith and Magic of myself, Twilight Sparkle.” As this was being explained, Helpful remembered where exactly he found his friends’ Cutie Marks; they were all belonging to their ancestors from the time long ago; four thousand years ago in fact. It was beginning to make sense now. “Magi’s right.” Helpful grabbed everypony’s attention. “All of your ancestors were just like each and every one of you Cutie Mark and all.”
“So, you are remembering things now?” Magi asked him with a proud look.
“Bits though.” Helpful answered rubbing his head.
“Allow me to clarify.” Magi’s eyes turned purple and his horn glowed with magic. The entire room around them was being shifted to a different room and time. Helpful looked all around with his friends, and what he saw was that was in the same dream he had in Shores-a-lot. Only that they were all in it now with Magi. The Queen had he newborn colt in her arms as it cried out its first breathes of air, and the King stood beside her with a smile as the servants all watched; some were crying tears of joy and others were just excited. The colt had big cyan eyes and his wings were falcon-like, and his horn was cute as a button. “Where are we?” Helpful asked Magic curious.
“Do you not remember?” Magi replied. “This was the day you were born in Raziel’s Kingdom. You were born as she youngest son.”
“Isn’t he adorable, Dear Husband?” The Queen: Faithol asked Raziel as she kissed her new son.
“He is very cute, Faithol.” Raziel answered with a proud smile. Soon, the colt calmed down and now looked at his mother and father; both smiling at him dearly. He then grinned back and giggled at them, and Raziel was over-joyed. “Ha, ha, ha!” He lifted up the baby colt with an enthused smile into his arms. “Because of your joyous smile that made me even more joyful, I shall name smile that make me even more joyful, I shall name you Joyful!” The colt laughed as the servants gathered around the king to see the new prince.
“I-I’m Prince Joyful?” Helpful exclaimed in shock. “How can I be Prince Joyful? I’m even suited for being a King!”
“But you were better suited for the kingdom around you.” Magi replied with a smile. “Continue watching this.”
“Merciful, dear!” Faithol shouted toward the door kindly. “Come and see your new baby brother.” Applejack gasped as a young Alicorn colt stepped in from the hallway shyly. Both of his eyes were maroon and his ears were perfectly normal. The colt continued down his small path, but then the door closed behind him and he jumped. “Do not worry, Son.” Faithol assured her colt. “It is only the door.”
“Y-Yes, Mother.” The colt replied as quickly dashed to his mother’s bed still very scared.
“Come, Merciful.” Raziel walked over to Merciful slowly. “See your new brother?” Merciful looked into Raziel’s arm and he saw the baby colt inside. “His name is Joyful, and he is now to be your younger brother through thick and thin, and no matter what, you will never fight without good cause.”
“Yes, Father.” Merciful answered him as the colt grabbed his nose and giggled.
“Baga!” Joyful shouted as Merciful shook his head from the unexpected encounter. The baby, not understanding what had happened, began to cry loudly. Merciful felt guilt onto himself and put nuzzled Joyful playfully; who then giggled and hugged his nose. “Aw, Helpful.” Fluttershy cooed. “You just so cute when you a wittle baby!”
“I know, Fluttershy.” Helpful replied, but then was surprised to find them all staring him with goo-goo eyes and smiles. “Can we please stop?” Magi laughed as he changed the scene to another time in the castle. They all were now inside the hallway and they watched as Senator Blue Pie hopped along with Prince Joyful behind giggling and laughing all the way; he was still a tot though “Come, Prince Joyful.” Blue Pie beckoned. “I bet you can’t catch me!” The little tyke still chased after Blue Pie, but then his horn glowed with magic, and then Blue Pie hit a wall without looking. “Ow.” He exclaimed in pain as he hit the ground and found the wall wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place. It was somehow moved by a magical force. “How in Raziel’s Kingdom did that happen?” Blue asked as Prince Joyful stood onto his hind legs behind him and pounced onto the Senator.
“Got you!” The Prince shouted as he giggled with his adorable little voice.
“Yes, you have me!” Blue Pie laughed as he put the Prince onto the floor. “But can you catch me again?” He then hits another wall that mysteriously moved out of place and he hit the floor next to Prince Joyful; who playfully pounced on him again.
“Got you again!” The Prince giggled as Senator Blue Pie stood up confused on how this happened.
“How?” Blue wondered, but then Magi walked out from a room in the hallway reading a book, and then noticed all that happened around them. He was much younger than the Magi that was them at the moment.
“What happened?” Magi asked them curious.
“I don’t know, Magi.” Blue Pie explained. “I was playing with Joyful when these walls moved out of place.”
“Strange.” Magi remarked as he looked at the walls carefully then he used his magic to move them back into place. “Prince Joyful must be having Magic Surges.” Magi remarked as he looked the tot.
“How can you tell?” Blue Pie asked him confused.
“I have never seen this ever been done by anypony before,” Magi explained, “Until now. Keep a close eye on him Blue Pie.”
“Aye, Aye, Magi!” Blue Pie saluted as Magi left them with his book. The Senator stared at Prince Joyful with large eyes. The Young Prince only giggled at him and hugged Blue. “This is starting to make sense.” Helpful remarked thoughtfully. “I think.”
“Well, when you had your horn, you had the most powerful magic in the kingdom, until one day.” Magi explained as he shifted the scene to the time when Prince Joyful was about to trot down the stair, but then he tripped and fell down the entire staircase hard.
“Ow.” The foal rubbed his sore noggin, but then he felt nothing, but hair. He gasped as he looked up to see that his horn was stuck in the staircase. It had broken off and now he had no magic. The foal bursts into tears; making the servants rush over to comfort him, but they too were shocked to see his horn broke off. “I-I lost my magic?” Helpful stuttered surprised.
“Basically, you did,” Magi explained, “But it was a blessing in disguise as I used it to create the Elements of Harmony. Continue watching.” Magi used his magic to shift into another scene. Two foals were running through the hallway, and Prince Joyful was following them as quick as he could; the poor guy was dragging his wings onto the ground as he followed. He was only a weak flyer back then, and because he was so weak he couldn’t pick up his wings long. “Wait up, Jester and Cork Screw!” Joyful shouted after them, but then he was stopped by Raziel; who looked pretty serious.
“Joyful. What have I said about dragging you wings on the ground?” He told his son with a serious look. The foal immediately picked up his wings and smiled innocently. “A Prince does not drag his wings on the floor, remember that.” Raziel continued on his way; allowing Joyful to run off with his friends.
“Guys! Wait—UGH!” Joyful exclaimed in surprise as he bumped into Magi again.
“Oh, my apologies, Your Majesty.” Magi apologized to the prince. “I wasn’t watching where I was going, but I was just looking for you.”
“You were?” Joyful asked curious.
“Yes, indeed, sir. Would you like to come and help me and your older brother with an experiment I am conducting?”
“Would I ever!” Joyful agreed as he jumped up off the floor excited.
“What is this all about?” Applejack asked Magi, but he puts a hoof to his mouth telling to be quiet. “Oh, sorry.” They were now all in Magi’s first chamber, and Merciful and Joyful were watching as Magi read through his journals.
“Alright, Your Highnesses.” Magi grabbed their attention. “Hold still.” Magi concentrated hard on his magic and light danced all around Joyful and Merciful till they blurred around in circles; making Joyful dizzy, and fall onto the floor.
“Aw, you were just so cute, Helpful!” Fluttershy hugged the Tan Pegasus; who rolled his eyes. Sunny giggled, but then all the lights flashed brightly, and the past Magi lost his concentration and the light ceased.
“What happened?” Merciful asked the Sorcerer.
“Nothing happened,” Magi answered, “But I think I accidently thwarted the experiment.”
“What do you mean?”
“You are not immortal, like I planned for you both to be, but you both can live longer than anypony else here.” Magi explained as he used his magic to study Joyful and Merciful carefully. “I call it the Youth Curse.”
“So, I can live longer than anypony at all?” Helpful asked curious as everypony else.
“I wish I could do that.” Rarity commented thoughtfully.
“Yes, but not as long as me, Joyful.” Magi answered. “I am immortal thanks to a potion I made, but I made sure that nopony evil would get a hold of the formula and so I’ve destroyed the journal that contained everything about it.”
“Now, I’m jealous.” Rarity added to her comment.
“Trust me, Rarity. Immortal may be living forever and never being to die, but you still age.”
“Okay, never mind.” Rarity immediately changed her mind; making everypony laugh.
“But what about that prophecy you made for Prince Joyful and Merciful?” Twilight inquired to know from Magi.
“That, my dear, was not needed to be seen.” Magi explained to her.
“Huh?”
“The prophecy was made the day after Joyful’s birth, but we must continue.” Magi shifted the scene to the time of a great battle of Barbarian Griffins attacking the castle. At this time, Merciful was an adult and as well Joyful. Even though several years have passed, Joyful and Merciful only aged slowly. Merciful was preparing himself for battle, while Joyful watched him. “What’s gonna happen, brother?” Joyful asked him curious to know.
“I’m going to battle, Joyful.” Merciful explained to him as he placed on his helmet. “You will stay here with mother until I return.”
“B-but--.”
“Don’t argue with me, Brother.” Merciful ordered him. “You aren’t fit for battle, and you have not been coming to you studies like you should have been.”
“But I can fight!” Joyful insisted as he picked up his brother’s sword, but it was too heavy and it hit the floor with a clang. Merciful took his sword with his magic as his younger brother smiled innocently.
“You cannot pick up sword, Joyful.” Merciful remarked to him reasonably. “How can I let you battle against the Griffins with father and I if you cannot even be strong enough to lift a sword?” Joyful only looked down to the floor sadly.
“Yes, brother.” Joyful answered him finally. Then Sir Rainbow Bash entered the room, and Rainbow Dash gasped excited.
“Your Highness, are you ready for battle?” He asked him curious.
“Yes, Sir Rainbow Bash.” Merciful followed him outside. Soon, after some time of waiting, Joyful decided to disobey his brother and run out of the room to go and help fight, but on his way to the armory, he bumped into several Griffins who had all broke into the castle. Joyful was scared to the extreme now. “It’s the Prince.” One of the Griffins snarled. “Let’s get him!”
“Ah!” Prince Joyful ran away from the Griffins. Merciful; who was fighting outside, noticed this and he went to go save his younger brother. Joyful was backed up to a corner scared to the point of hyperventilation.
“C’mere, you.” Said one of the Griffins. “We promise we won’t hurt you.”
“Yeah, it’ll be just painless.” The other griffin laughed, but then Merciful broke through the windows behind them.
“Hey, you!” Merciful shouted with his sword pointed straight them. The Griffins turned around to see Merciful, but then a light came from behind them, and illuminated the entire hallway, and they all saw Joyful’s wing glowing as he tried to hide himself. The light grew brighter until it was searing hot, and the griffins all exclaimed in agony, but when the light ceased they were gone, and Merciful was fine, but when he uncovered his eyes from the light, Joyful gasped of shock that his left eye was blind. “Whoa.” Helpful exclaimed in shock. “I did that to him?”
“Yes, but it was an accident, and he knew that as well, so he forgave you.” Magi explained as he shifted the scene. “But that also was the sign I predicted that one of you would be the next king, and it was from your wings, Joyful.”
“It was?” Helpful looked at his wings curious.
“Yes, they have extraordinary powers beyond comprehension and belief.” Magi answered him, and then the scene changed to a ball. Many of Raziel’s subjects were there and they were all enjoying the party as the party continued. Pinkie Pie gasped excited. “It’s a party!” She remarked as she jumped around excitedly.
“Yes, indeed, Pinkie Pie, and it was all planned by you ancestor: Senator Blue Pie.” Magi explained delightedly as they watched Senator Blue Pie scarf down the cake beside his friends.
“Well, he sure acts like you.” Sunny remarked indifferently.
“I know! Isn’t it great?” Pinkie Pie squealed excited. All of the other ponies had the exact Cutie Mark that Helpful’s friends had.
“Wait a second.” Applejack grabbed their attention. “Is those our ancestors?”
“Yes, they are, Applejack.” Magi pointed over to a mare with a chef’s hat on. “Apple Fritter was the Royal Cook here,” He then pointed to a mare with a beautiful dress on and make up, “Serenity worked as head of the maids,” He then pointed to Sir Rainbow Dash wearing his armor and sword proudly, “Sir Rainbow Bash was the leader of the Knight of Light and he was the first to create the Sonic Rainboom,” He then pointed to a cute mare beside Serenity; trying to half-way hide herself behind the large dress, “And Golden Hope was the Royal Animal Caretaker here.”
“No way!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in excitement.
“That’s high class if you ask me!” Applejack commented proudly.
“Ooo! Ooo! What flavor is that cake you eating?” Pinkie Pie shouted to Blue Pie; who then stuck his head to breathe.
“Mm. Buttermilk.” He dove back into the cake.
“Oh, my gosh! That sounds good! Can I try some too?” Pinkie asked him, but he was just an illusion.
“Pinkie Pie, he’s just an illusion. He can’t hear you.” Twilight reasoned with her.
“I know, but I just want some Buttermilk Flavored Cake!” Twilight facehoofed herself.
“Just leave her alone.” Rarity told her. “She’ll give up eventually.” Helpful looked around, but he couldn’t see Merciful or himself anywhere.
“Hey, Magi. Where am I?” Helpful asked him curiously, but then a dark shadow stretched above them all and everypony gasped and screamed in shock. The darkness then formed to form on Envious and he landed in front of Raziel and Faithol.
“I am here to take what is rightfully mine!” Envious growled.
“Merciful! How dare you?” Raziel growled angry at his son for his disobedience, but Envious only laughed at Raziel.
“This Merciful you speak of no longer exists.” Envious flew up into the air with his darkness flowing all around them and tuning everypony into Minions everywhere. “I am Envious; the Prince of Chaos. And I will take what’s mine!” Envious used his magic to throw the king and queen off of their thrones and he sat onto and laughed maniacally.
“We need to get out of here!” Magi ordered as he and his friends escaped the scene, and the present Magi shifted the scene back into his chamber of the Joysong Mountain.
“Wow.” Helpful remarked over what all happened. He saw the time he was born to the time when Envious took over the castle. It was not pleasant to comprehend, and he was silent for quite some time.
“Helpful?” Fluttershy tried to grab his attention, but he didn’t respond.
“We should leave him alone so he can take the time understand everything.” Magi reasoned as they all gave Helpful space to breathe. It wasn’t long until the Tan Pegasus began to walk around, but he was still trying to comprehend everything that happened. He just could not believe it at all. Prince Joyful? How could he be the Lost Prince of Harmony from long past? It was just impossible. He is Helpful the Selfless; the Most Trusted Servant of Princess Celestia, how could he stop Envious from destroying the world and ruling it with his empire of darkness? The memories he saw did answer questions, but were they actually his memories, and if it’s all true than how would he rule Equestria in peace? He doesn’t even have the slightest clue. Finally, Magi trotted over beside him and patted his back kindly. “I know that your past is still a bit blurry, but you need to realize the truth.” Magi assured him, but Helpful just sighed.
“I’ll just try to live with it.” Helpful told Magi compliantly.
“That’s the Prince Joyful I know.” Magi chuckled delightedly as the rest gathered around them curious.
“So, you’ll do it, Helpful?” Twilight asked him curiously.
“Sure.”
“Alrighty!” Pinkie Pie jumped up and down excited. “Now we go defeat Envious!” Pinkie pie started toward the door.
“But wait.” Magi stopped her from exiting. “I must explain something important before you attack the Cursed Prince.”
“What is it?” Sunny asked him curious.
“Joyful’s powers.”
“You mean the times when Helpful’s wings would glow in different colors?” Applejack tried to clarify.
“Indeed.” He turns to Helpful. “Joyful, you have six different abilities each representing a Harmonic Element. The Element of Honesty allows you to have Incredible Strength; the Element of Loyalty allows you to have Superior Speed; the Element of Generosity allows you to Freeze Time, but for a short moment; the Element of Laughter allows you to Summon Light; the Element of Kindness allows you Heal the injured; and the Element of Magic allows to have Telekinesis.” Everypony exclaimed with sayings of excitement and amazement as Magi explained this. “Each can be easily triggered by the Armor of Peace.”
“Armor of Peace?” Rainbow Dash asked Magi curious.
“An artifact that I’ve made for him to defeat Envious,” Magi explained, “But it can only be found in the most desperate of times.” His horn glows and he creates a portal with his magic. “We used enough time here. Depart through the portal and it will lead you back to Canterlot.” Everypony exchanged looks of confusion on why they were leaving so quickly.
“Um, thank you, Magi.” Twilight thanked him as they trotted toward the portal, but Magi spook again as he returned reading to his books.
“Be warned. The Canterlot you knew has become a maze of nightmares and dreaded darkness. It is filled with nothing, but lies, traps, and your worst fears.” Magi explained with a cold tone. “You must stay as one, work as one, and think as one. Envious will try anything to make you hate one another, or make you fear one another. Either way, he will tear you apart, but if you succeed, you’ll find him in the Throne Room of course.” Everypony then exchanged looks of nervousness and uncertainty as the Sorcerer explained this.
“Spike, you’ll need to stay here.” Twilight ordered her dragon.
“But why, Twilight?” Spike asked her confused.
“If what Magi says is true, then we’ll accidently put your life in danger.” Twilight explained to him, and Spike listened and understood.
“Okay, Twi.” He replied. “I’ll stay.”
“You’ll need to stay here, too, Sunny.” Helpful told the sassy dragon. “Same reasons to be honest.”
“Alright, Your Highness, but please don’t get hurt.” Sunny replied as she stood next to Spike. “I mean, if you died than who’s gonna live with me in the Mansion? If there is one that is.”
“Yes, I understand, Sunny.” Helpful chuckled by her humor.
“Y-You should stay here too, Snowy.” Fluttershy told the Ice Dragon kindly.
“Y-Yeah, I know.” Snowy replied as he stood next to the two other dragons. “You go save the world, guys.” Everypony nodded their head in agreement, and they gave their goodbye hugs, and they entered into the portal. It closed and Magi sighed nervous.
“Please win.” He breathed to himself with a small tone of hope.