• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,329 Views, 17 Comments

The Prince Returns - Shadowslash101



A story about a Tan Pegasus and the Mane Six saving Equestria from Everlasting Darkness.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,329

Prologue


Prologue

Once upon a time before Celestia and Luna were around and before Equestria was found there were three tribes over the land: the Earth ponies, the Unicorns, and the Pegasi. They all lived in peace four thousand years ago under the rule of King Raziel. King Raziel and his queen had two sons; the oldest was named Merciful for his strong compassion and wisdom, and the youngest was named Joyful for his childish games and glorious smile that made other ponies smile too. One day Royal Wizard Magi made a prophecy that since there was two heirs to the throne a sign will appear; declaring who will take the throne.

One thousand years passed and the sign came and declared that Joyful was to rule the land. They celebrated, but Merciful was not happy. He hated his younger brother and grew jealous and angry; it all soon consumed him turning him into a gruesome monster fueled by anger and greed, which named himself: Envious. On the night of Joyful’s crowning, the young prince disappeared and Envious tried to get the crown himself, but he was stopped by Magi and five other ponies using Magi’s greatest creation in magic: The Elements of Harmony. Together they sealed Envious in a huge Water Sapphire and hid it far away.

Afterward the king asked if Envious would return in peace, but sadly the wizard explained and prophesized that he would return, but with more anger and hate against ponies, and he would bring the six Elements of Chaos and rule the world in darkness and destruction, but Prince Joyful will also return and fight his brother with his unique abilities. They will be evenly matched, but the light will win against the darkness. Six brave ponies will use the Elements of Harmony and double Joyful’s power. Envious will be defeated, and Prince Joyful will rule the land in true peace as it was intended to be.

Three thousand years have passed since then…

Dark thunderclouds swirl above the summit of the Forevergreen Mountain. At the top lounged between two rocks was a Fire Ruby. A small, gray bunny hopped along and stopped in front of its reflection off the Fire Ruby curious. Seeing it’s reflection for the first time the bunny moved its right arm up, the reflection followed, raised its left arm the reflection followed. Angered by the insulting reflection the bunny kicked the Fire Ruby. At the same exact time lighting struck the large gem, and then it shone and crackled with energy. Mistaking the gem’s event as an attack the bunny dashed back toward home. The gem floated in mid-air, its light focused on the ground, and then within that light a sleeping stallion formed on the ground. The stallion was a tan-coated Pegasus, with black-tipped falcon-like wings; he also had blond hair with a black lightning bolt through it. Then behind him the Fire Ruby fell and shattered into pieces waking the stallion, he stood up slowly, as he got up, thousands of strange voices filled his mind, thoroughly confusing him. He scanned around the area with his cyan eyes, and all he saw were trees, rocks, and the grass. He rubbed his blond head. “What happened?” He thought out loud, and then he realized something. Something we all ask when we’re lost. “Where am I, and…,” He looked at his tan hoof, “Who am I?”