• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,329 Views, 17 Comments

The Prince Returns - Shadowslash101



A story about a Tan Pegasus and the Mane Six saving Equestria from Everlasting Darkness.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,329

Shocking Truth

Chapter 14
Shocking Truth


As the Equestrian’s ran out of the Captain’s Quarters, they were shocked to see that they were already surrounded by the hundreds of Envious’ underlings. The crew has already begun firing cannons at them, but their attempts land in futile. Instead of attacking, the Minions seemed to be just playing with the crew as they continue to blast them out of the sky, but they kept dodging the cannonballs like it was a game of Dodge ball. “Uh…I know weird, and that, my friends, is weird.” Pinkie Pie broke the abnormal silence from the others as they just stared out to the battalion flummoxed. Twilight finally pushed the thought aside and quickly commenced a plan to help defend the ship. She quickly made a force field large enough to protect the Tide Churner from the Minions; who were obviously infuriated about their game of Quick Dodge was stopped abruptly without warning. “Rarity, Pinkie Pie.” Twilight grabbed their attention. “You two should help defend the cargo downstairs.”

“Yes, Sir! Mam, Sir!” Pinkie Pie saluted to Twilight.

“Right.” Rarity also agreed.

“Sunny, you should go and help Spike and Snowy and together you should be able to blast them with both ice and fire.”

“Sure thing!” Sunny assured sounding a bit like Helpful.

“Hurry! This spell is hard to completely keep up. I don’t know how much longer I can sustain this.” Twilight explained almost straining herself. Her friends nod in agreement as they run off to their posts. The Minions have been whacking and tackling the force field, and they were pleased to find that they were indeed getting though, crack by crack though. Sunny seems to have no luck finding Spike and Snowy anywhere. She stopped beside a barrel and began to contemplate on where two dragons could be, but then her ears begun to twitch to the sound of breathing and faint whispering. It came from the barrel beside her. “Are you kidding me?” Sunny opens the lid of the barrel and peeks inside to see the two dragons inside curled up into balls; as if bracing for something. Sunny sighed as she threw the lid behind her. “Hey, guys.” Sunny grabbed their attention. “They’re gone now.” Snowy and Spike uncurled and stood up in the barrel and looked around curious.

“Are you sure?” Spike asked the other baby dragon.

“No, I was lying so you two can get out and help me.” Sunny explained; surprising both Spike and Snowy.

“What? You brought us out here in the open!” Snowy shouted at Sunny bewildered.

“Good job, Coronal Obvious.” Sunny joked as she pulled them both out onto the deck. “Now let’s give the crew some cover fire before those freaks of nature get through the shield.” Looking around, Spike and Snowy then decided that there now was no choice, but to aid Sunny.

“Alright, Sunny.” Snowy agreed a bit unwillingly. “Show us what to do.” As the three dragons began to prepare for the attack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were downstairs with other crew members; who were manning the artillery inside. “Where’s the cargo?” Pinkie asked Rarity confused on where everything was.

“Didn’t you help Slipknot with inventory?” Rarity exclaimed in shock.

“Oh, yeah! I forgot!” Pinkie remembered where it all was before. “Follow me!” Rarity and Pinkie Pie ran down to the Cargo Hold located on the bottom of the ship. Up top, Twilight could not focus on the shield anymore. It was beginning to fall apart. Luckyshoes, also being a Unicorn, adds his magic to Twilight’s to strengthen the force field. “I’m not letting the entire ship go down while I’m in command!” Luckyshoes explained as he focused his magic. Twilight was a bit surprised at this, but she threw the thought away and continued to keep the shield up. The Minions were infuriated at this and they then pounded and smashed at the force field till it shattered the entire magical force to shreds. “Fire!” Slipknot ordered immediately; making the crew fire lead cannonballs toward the Minions; this time they were a bit surprised and a few were shot out of the sky into the sea. The crew took action as the monsters boarded the ship and attacked. “This should be interesting!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in excitement as she tackled one of the minions into the deck. “Ha!” She exclaimed in triumph, but then she was surprised to see a Minion above them and out of its arm stuck out a bone-like weapon obviously sharp and used as a sword. “Uh-oh…” The Minion under her kicks her off onto the deck, and he stood up with another bone-like weapon that slips out of its arm with a slicing sound. It lunges toward her, but was too fast for the creature and she dodged just before it even got a hair of her tail. “Whoa now.”

“Rainbow Dash! Catch this!” Slipknot tossed a sword to Dash; who caught it luckily. She looks back to him; who was fighting a couple of Minions in combat. “Use the sword!” The same Minions from before charged straight at Dash before she could comprehend this in time, but she blocked the Minion’s attack; looking like she knew what she was doing, but she wasn’t, and they fought in close combat, until a second Minion aided his ally. Now Dash was having a difficult time trying to fight two enemies at the same time, but then Applejack ran over to help her friend by charging at the two Minions; who have her pinned down at the edge of the ship’s railing, and jump kicked them away from her ally. “You okay?” Applejack asked helping her friend up from the deck.

“I’m fine.” Dashie assured her good friend, but then they were surrounded by even more Minions on the deck and in the sky. They readied for anything that could throw at them. “C’mon!” As they fought the assailants diligently, Twilight used her magic and attacked several Minions with laser-like spells. Slipknot was doing the same; it seemed that they had an exact amount of magical power. “Student of Celestia?” The Captain asked Twilight curious as he used levitation to launch a barrel at a group of Minions.

“Yes!” Twilight exclaimed in surprise as she used her magic to shoot a Minion her Revealing Spell by accident. To their surprise, the Minion was shifted back into his original form as Shining Armor. The Purple Unicorn gasped in shock as she realized who they were actually against, and ran over to Shining Armor mostly concerned, but also confused. “Shining Armor!” Twilight tried to shake him awake. The Captain of the Royal Guard slowly met consciousness and found himself in a battle scene with Twilight in the middle of a great lake?

“Huh? What?” Armor stood up rubbing his sore noggin. “Is? Are we? What happened?”

“I don’t know, but I’m glad you’re okay.” Twilight explained to Shining Armor gladly. Her older brother gasped remembering everything immediately and looked pretty scared.

“Twiliy! You have to save the others!” Shining Armor shook her frightened; making her a bit scatter-brained. “They’re all--!” The Unicorn lets go of Twilight as he felt intense pain in his stomach; making him hit the deck and exclaim in agony.

“Shining Armor!” Twilight exclaimed in shock. “What’s wrong?”

“You…have to…save them…before…he takes control!” Shining Armor shouted in even more agony as a dark gas surrounded him and consumed him before Twilight’s eyes, and once the darkness swept away, Shining Armor was colored black with bat wings. She stepped carefully toward him. “A-Armor…?” She tried to see if he was okay, but immediately, the creature turned around and tackled Twilight into a wall. She screamed in shock and fear as the Minion of Envious hissed at her.

“Get off of her!” Luckyshoes launched a barrel, knocking the Minion off Twilight into the air, using his magic. He quickly ran over to the Purple Unicorn to comfort her. She was scared and shocked by what she had just experienced about her once older brother almost killed her. “Are you alright, Lass?” Luckyshoes asked her concerned.

“He’s gone!” She shouted not thinking at all. “He’s gone, I tell you! Gone!” She laughed maniacally, but then Captain whacks Twilight in the back of her head; bringing back her senses. “Ow.” Twilight rubbed the back of sore her head. “That hurt.”

“Forgive me, Lass, but I had no choice.” The Sea Pony apologized sadly as helped the unicorn mare onto her hooves. “We need to find a way to repel these monsters off. Follow me.” Twilight quickly followed Luckyshoes into his Cabin and they straightaway slammed the door; startling Helpful and Fluttershy for a brief moment. “What happened?” Helpful asked them.

“Helpful!” Twilight replied in distress. “The Minions are actually Innocent Ponied transformed into monsters!”

“What! Why that little…” Helpful growled irritated at Envious. They didn’t know it, but they were indeed being watched. Envious had used his Dark Magic to open his all-seeing portal and he had Prince Merciful, beaten, bruised, and chained, beside him. He wanted Merciful to watch as the Spirits were murdered before their eyes, so Merciful would be so depressed and stricken, that he would never bother Envious again. The Dark Alicorn took Merciful’s face and he held it up to where he was looking at the portal. “You will watch this.” Envious crackled as he continued to watch the battle ensue. Merciful was too shocked and shamed to even rebel now; he felt so foolish and careless now that his crush was going to die and he can only do so much.

Envious smiled under his grim helmet greatly as he continued to watch this battle land in his favor as the Minions did indeed begin to overwhelm the vessel with their large numbers. The Prince was so devastated that he began to cry inside, but then a voice spoke into his head. “Use your magic to fight back the minions.” The elderly voice spoke in his head. Merciful knew that any message or unexplained voice meant there was help…somewhere. As Envious, kept his attention on the portal, Merciful focused his magic on fighting back against the Minions. To his surprise it was easier than he thought. He began flinging Minions into other Minions and making extra ropes tangle onto the assailants. Envious noticed the random objects crashing and tangling his Minions. Most of them began to retreat from the ship—making more follow them. “What manner is this?” Envious shouted under intense rage. Merciful could feel the heat around him begin to grow as Envious’ anger kindled ever greater over this change of events. The Dark Alicorn then stepped through the portal and flew into the battle to lead his Minions to destroy it. “Don’t retreat, my kin!” Envious ordered as he grabbed their attention. “We will not leave until that vessel surely meets the bottom of the ocean!” The Minions then all regrouped around their master and once again attacked the ship—making it even more difficult and dangerous than before. Dash and AJ were becoming exhausted in this dangerous and even life threatening battle. Dash dodged one of the minions diving down toward her—making his sharp, bone-like weapon stick into the deck. Taking this moment as her advantage, Dashie aimed her sword toward the creature’s throat, but was surprised by the most shocking and unexplainable response. “H-Help m-me.” The Minions pleaded in the most pony-like voice. “M-My wife ha—. Argh!!” The Minion exclaimed in pain as a dark-like gas swam directly into his eyes—shocking Rainbow even more. The dark gas came from Envious—who was using his Dark Magic to attempt this.

“You will listen and you will not ever again rebel against my command, Slave.” Envious muttered as the sample of darkness from him flew into the Minion’s eyes, and it stood up as it pulled out its bone-like weapon from the deck.

“Yes, Master.” The Minion agreed with his voice turning to a sharp hiss. It slashes at Dashie, but she narrowly dodges it. A small tuft of rainbow hair sprinkled on the deck before her. The Minions’ weapons that seem to be parts of their body are actually sharper than expected. “Okay, now that’s new.” Dash replied a bit shocked. The monster lunged at Rainbow, but she quickly reacted and kicked the Minion into the mast. “Sorry, dude.” Applejack wasn’t having a good time either. The minions outnumbered her greatly, and every one she’d defeat, ten more would replace it. It was downright hopeless! She was forced into a corner, but this did not go unnoticed. Prince Merciful spotted this, and was infuriated about this problem. He started toward the portal, but then stopped himself. He was merely a figment of his own mind, his sanity. How would he be able to manifest into a physical form out there. A Minion took Applejack’s sword away in one fluent motion. Now she was unarmed, and unable defend herself. One of them raised their weapon toward Applejack—threatening to stab into her and end her life in one rapid motion. The Prince then jumped through the portal, not worrying about how he would be able to manifest in the realm, and he landed in-between Applejack and the Minions.

Using his black hued magic, Merciful blasted the Minions away. Envious notices this, and he uses his magic to restrain Merciful, but then his concentration was broke by Rainbow Dash Falcon Kicking him into the deck. “Who’s a coward now, huh?” Dashie exclaimed in triumph, but then she saw a vision of herself falling into an abyss. Of coarse for a Pegasus she could easily fly, but that’s just it. She couldn’t fly! Her wings were gone, and she was falling, falling, falling into an endless abyss; screaming and shouting in terror as reality shows that she still had her wings, but she was tossing and turning on the floor as she yelled and exclaimed in terror—amusing Envious greatly. The Cursed Alicorn laughed at Dashie as he stood up to face Merciful and Applejack, but they were gone. “Hmm…” Envious thought aloud, but then he motioned for his minions to kill the Pegasus mare. They did as they were told, but were stopped by some unforeseen force. Envious turned around as his Minions were repelled by Merciful’s force field. The Prince and Applejack both stood beside Rainbow Dash giving Envious harsh expressions. The Pegasus mare was still under curse as they protected her. “You’ve become quite the nuisance, Prince Persistent.” Envious gravely warned. “It is now making me consider your death.” The Armored Alicorn crackled darkly.

“You will not harm the Spirits of Harmony, Envious.” Merciful protested against him strictly.

“Look around you, fools! It is only seconds before this vessel is under water!” They didn’t believe him at first, but somehow the entire ship seemed to be actually going down! Slipknot runs over to the railing to find out what was going on.

“We’re sinking!” The First Mate exclaimed in surprise, for he indeed saw the water rising from under them.

“No!” Merciful replied as Envious laughed due to so much amusement over this. The Minions were already departing from the vessel, and it seemed that they were indeed sinking into the sea. “It’s a trick!” The Royal Alicorn tried to explain sense into them. “We’re not sinking! Envious is deceiving you!” Slipknot didn’t listen, he only ran into the Captain’s Cabin to warn the Captain. Envious continued his laughter till the point that Merciful was infuriated.

“This is only the beginning, you fools!” Envious taunted heavily. “You’re Spirit of Loyalty is only a coward, Helpful cannot heave the strength to save you, and you’re ship is sinking to the bottomless abyss! You have no more hope!” Applejack didn’t know who to believe. What Envious explained so far seemed to be true. Rainbow Dash was screaming her head off, the ship seems to be sinking, and Helpful cannot even stand on his four legs. But it seems that the same the Alicorn that called her the ‘Second Element of Harmony’ was implying otherwise. Merciful turned to her with a desperate expression. “It’s all a trick, Honesty.” Merciful pleaded. “You must believe me.”

“I--.” Before Applejack could reply anything she spotted one of the gem stones on Envious’ armored legs shining a dark red. “Wait a minute.” AJ told them as she stared at the gemstone. It all made sense now. Envious was indeed lying to them so they would lose all hope on winning this battle. “I know what you’re up to now.” Applejack scoffed proudly. “You’re lying!” All that she had received was a dreadful laughter that surely could cripple the hopes of thousands.

“You are very dull minded.” The Dark Alicorn replied finally. “All that you see is actually happening.”

“Not everything. This ship is not sinking. It’s an illusion of some sort.”

“You are quite wrong. This vessel is taking on water as we speak.” Just then crewmates were scrambling onto the deck from the floor from under, along with Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

“She’s taking on water!” One of the crewmates shouted in panic.

“Get to the boats!” Another ordered, but once they got to where the boats were, the lifeboats were gone. Envious laughed so loud it would be considered a sign of coming death.

“There is no escape, fools!” Envious assured them with the most deadly tone. Captain Luckyshoes, Twilight, and Slipknot exit the Captain’s Cabin into the deck. The Armored Alicorn was very entertained to see that his entire enemy was all around them; all soon meeting their demise. A Pegasus would try to fly to land, but he would only be able to fly so far and will have to rest somewhere, and there was no land, nor cloud, for miles. Envious’ Minions made sure there was no sign of them for miles, and besides that there was a huge invisible force field made by Envious’ Dark Magic. Luckyshoes stood by Slipknot and Twilight Sparkle as it turned out to their last stand here. Sunny, Spike, and Snowy soon joined them all. “You’ve got us all where you want us Envious.” Luckyshoes told Envious disdainfully. “Why don’t you kill us all now?”

“That would be too easy, Captain. If I killed you now, it wouldn’t be as fun as this is. Nothing would make me happier than to see you all drown.” The Armored Alicorn crackled.

“You only want to make us believe that we’re drowning so when the water comes up, we’ll all hold breathing until we pass out.” Merciful called Envious’ bluff. “You obviously don’t think things through.”

“What makes you believe that?”

“We won’t actually die.”

“Do you really think that won’t happen? If you weren’t going to die, then why did my kin retreat from here?”

“Then why are you still here?” Before the discussion could continue, Merciful’s hair began to dissipate into the air along with patches of his coat. He couldn’t manifest in the physical realm, and he was disappearing. Everypony gasped of shock at the sight of this, and Envious laughed. “You obviously don’t think things through. Especially now.”

“A small sacrifice to save this realm.” Merciful protested against his darker self.

“Whatever. It’ll just be a burden taken relieved from me.” The Armored Alicorn grimaced under his metal helmet.

“What’s happening to you?” Twilight exclaimed in shock on Merciful’s appearance.

“I am not capable of manifesting inside this realm, and as such, I will be erased from this world.” Merciful reluctantly answered mostly meeting gazes with Applejack as he explained, but she only looked away—paining Merciful. The water began to flow onto the deck now—churning and splashing onto it, and flooding around them. Envious flew up into the air before this even happened, and he laughed manically. “Farewell, hopeless fools!” The Dark Alicorn flew away into a dark portal. The water was just rising up slowly like quick sand, but Applejack and Merciful stood firm unlike the others. Some crewmates tried to escape by climbing up the mast to higher platforms. Luckyshoes, Twilight, Rarity, Slipknot, the three baby dragons, and Pinkie Pie were all unsure about this, but Applejack and this strange, now disappearing Alicorn both seem to believe this is all a trick. But the water rising felt too much like actual water rising up their necks. How could this be a trick from Envious? It was much too real to everypony else. “Uh, Persistent?” Applejack tried to grab Merciful’s attention. “Persistent?”

“Don’t hold your breath.” The Prince assured as the water rose above their heads. Once it rose a good few inches above them, everypony opened their eyes to see that they were seemingly underwater, but then again they weren’t. Pinkie was the first let her breath go, and breathe in even more air instead of water. “What a second.” The pink mare gasped. “There’s air in here!”

“Pinkie, that’s impossible.” Twilight protested with bubbles coming out of her mouth, still trying to hold her breath. “It’s water. There’s no air under here.”

“Then how come I’m breathing?” Pinkie Pie made her point. She was actually breathing in air underwater. Merciful sighed as he looked up to see the water still rising above them.

“It’s only water if you believe it is.” The Prince explained finally—his voice had become distorted over his dissipation. Applejack was also breathing in air too. The others soon had let their breath escape, only to find that it was all a lie. It wasn’t water; only a powerful illusion. “This is amazing!” Twilight thought out loud as Merciful used his magic to free Rainbow Dash from her curse. She soon stopped screaming and caught her breath. She looked around to find herself underwater with the others. “Whoa!” Rainbow exclaimed in surprise. “How are we…?”

“Don’t ask.” Twilight replied just as flummoxed as her, but enthused to be defying logic, but then she remembered about Fluttershy and Helpful in the Captain’s Quarters. “Oh-no.” She dashed to the entrance and opened it, but Fluttershy and Helpful were there to greet her. “What??” Twilight exclaimed in even more astonishment.

“Hey, Twi.” Helpful greeted happily. “I’m feeling better.” All Twilight’s response was just an expression of shock—making Fluttershy worried.

“Oh, Twilight. Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked her worried. She only shook her head and rubbed it to gain focus.

“Yeah, I’m fine, Fluttershy.” Twilight answered her a little semi-consciously. Luckyshoes walked over to Twilight, Helpful, and Fluttershy very delighted to see they’ve seen through the bluff as well.

“You’ve actually survived the yarn, eh, Helpful and Fluttershy?” Luckyshoes laughed greatly. Helpful looked around confused.

“What yarn?” He asked the Sea Pony—trying to clarify the situation, but everypony else, except Merciful, laughed. “What?”

“Oh, nothing.” Twilight answered finally. “You’re just our good ol’ Helpful!” Merciful groaned in pain—making him kneel onto the deck and hug his stomach in pain. He gritted his teeth as he breathed in deep. This was not a good sign at all. “Are you okay?” Applejack asked Merciful concerned.

“I am not ‘okay’.” Merciful groaned. “My time here is almost up… I need something to help me return to Envious’ realm of twisted darkness. I cannot manifest here physically, and as such, I will surely perish.”

“That can’t be good…” Applejack thought out loud, but then she thought of an idea to save him. She ran into the Captain’s Cabin and then back with the small crystal ball that she bought from Shores-a-lot. “You used this before to contact me. Can’t you use this to return back to your home?”

“It is very possible…” Merciful coughed harshly. “Let us try.” The Prince laid his hoof onto the crystal ball, and then his entire arm was slowly being sucked in as the glass orb glowed bright.

“It’s working!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in surprise and excitement.

“Farewell, Spirits of Harmony.” Merciful smiled at Applejack. “May we meet again soon.” Merciful then turned into a gas-like substance and flew into the glass orb. Just in that moment, the water around them disappeared—leaving them back above water like before.

“Whoa.” Helpful remarked surprised. “That’s new.”

“And we know just who we’re up against,” Twilight added. “An extremely dangerous entity.”

Meanwhile, in Canterlot Castle, AC and Big Mac were walking through the hall on patrol outside Celestia’s bedroom door. They have been given the responsibility of protecting the princess from any spies from Envious. Celestia exited from her bedroom door, but she was stopped by Turnip Top—surprising her somewhat. “Sorry, your Majesty,” AC apologized to her. “But me and Big Mac can’t let you go out unprotected until Fancypants gave the order.”

“Eeyep.” Macintosh agreed with his friend.

“Oh, my apologies, Sirs.” Celestia smiled understandingly. “I must have forgotten about such strict rules that have been made to protect me. Um…I’ll be just in here… Working on whatever I can do here.” The princess chuckled as she closed the door. AC waved as it clicked close.

“Okay, Princess! Have fun!” Turnip then turned back to his guard duty with Big Macintosh. Hours seemed like days as the day rolled by. Celestia would pop her head out to ask for something she needed, and either AC, or Big Mac would retrieve it for her. Dawn soon came about, and Big Mac and Turnip Top seemed to grow tired over this entire wait. Soon, they began to fall slowly asleep in seconds--allowing Celestia to exit her bedroom to Star Swirl the Bearded’s wing. Once she entered the library, she found hundreds of books mostly explaining the world outside of Equestria. There were many lands. Three of which are very prosperous and very peaceful lands. The first land she found was named: Grifforion; the Griffin Lands. Here was a land filled the population of mostly griffins. Ponies were there, but only a few towns. The land was a land of war—mostly because of the ruthless Changelings that ruled the lands. Even though it wasn’t peaceful, there were many precious resources there, such as: gemstones, iron, aluminum, and many other resources used primarily for war.

The next was a land named Toyana: the Land of Invention. This land had millions of specially gifted ponies who could actually create the most sophisticated of what they called ‘mechanical wonders.’ She took careful time to study the many blueprints in each journal she read, but they were too sophisticated and brilliant for even her intellect to comprehend. Resources there were mostly used for inventions, but they had the exact same resources as Grifforion.

The last land was her favorite; Zebaron; The Fertile Zebra Lands. Celestia knew only one Zebra in her land named: Zecora. Perhaps she could explain what it is like there. The land is extremely peaceful, and beautiful. Many huge gardens are seen there with the most plentiful and delicious harvests. But Celestia reads in the text, ‘the land is a grand sight to behold, but it is filled with mystery. Many great lengths of this continent has been riddled and littered with ruins not even built by Zebras, nor ponies, and not even Griffins. These ruins have been made by something else. Luckily, for us the walls have strange prints on them, but they aren’t hoof prints, nor are they claw prints.’ Celestia turns the page to find a strange outline of what mostly seemed to be a claw, but it had now sharp ends on the fingers. Instead they were rounded and dull, as if they couldn’t harm anything. The princess counted four fingers and one thumb on the side of the palm. This was a most intriguing find, and she had to know more. As she continued reading the text explained mostly about the print. It was indeed not a claw and obviously not a hoof. No animal in the entire world has that, and it isn’t from here. Celestia closed the book with her magic. Indeed there was nothing in this world that had that imprint before, or was there? The Princess had enough for tonight; it was indeed getting dark outside, and she walked back to her bedroom. “Keep up the good work, Gentle Colts.” Celestia teased as she entered her chamber. AC and Big Mac awakened right after the door closed behind them.

“What was that, Big Mac?” Turnip Top yawned as he pulled up his spear and looked around. He turns his gaze to Big Macintosh—who only shrugged.