• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,328 Views, 17 Comments

The Prince Returns - Shadowslash101



A story about a Tan Pegasus and the Mane Six saving Equestria from Everlasting Darkness.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,328

Stingless Death

Chapter 13

Stingless Death


“I said, ‘let her go!’” Helpful stomped his hoof on the ground; making a few cracks in the stone case of the volcano. Snowy and Spike stood beside him, maybe not as serious, but serious. The cannibals only laughed at the trio of two baby dragons and one Pegasus. What could they possibly do to hinder their ritual? The Chieftain turned to the largest of their tribe; a muscular stallion named: Thunder Jackal. He was their greatest warrior with the strength of ten burly stallions. He also lead the battle against the other local tribes; making them the last here. The Chieftain motioned Thunder Jackal toward Helpful. The stallion nodded and hoisted up his huge tree-sized club—how the big guy got it up here is a little mind blowing. Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie watched too nervous to look away as the stallion stomped up to Helpful.

He was looming right above the tan Pegasus with his greater height. Pinkie Pie immediately covered her eyes once she saw the warrior raise his club. Helpful just stared at the cannibal stallion deep into his eyes until the warrior noticed and stopped what he was doing. Thunder could’ve sworn he could see a bright blaze inside Helpful’s own eyes, but the Tan Pegasus’s wings shone a bright orange and he tackled the giant down into the stone. “Get the others!” Helpful ordered to Spike and Snowy. The two dragons dashed over to cage, but it was guarded by two other warriors unlike Thunder Jackal. Acting fast, Snowy breathed out a blur of ice onto the two warriors freezing them in place; surprising Spike. “You breathe ice!?” Spike exclaimed in surprise.

“Ice Dragon.” Snowy replied with a proud smile. The Cannibals attacked Spike and Snowy as they continued to protect their friend with blasts of ice and fire. Thunder quickly stood up and swung his club at Helpful; who quickly jumped over it and landed on top. The Warrior then launched his adversary toward the outer edge of the volcano, but Helpful landed on the stone safely. The cannibal warrior smirks as he stomped toward Helpful to hammer him into the ground, but was completely taken by surprise once a Leo Major, freed from its cell, hoisted itself right behind Helpful and roared its mighty roar at him; making his hair stand straight behind his head. Immediately, he turned tail and ran away as fast as possible. Helpful turned around and spotted Rainbow Dash and Sunny pop their heads out of the Leo’s mane. “You seriously didn’t think I’d skip out on a party, did you?” Rainbow laughed as she flew down from the Leo’s mane.

“Rainbow Dash!” Helpful exclaimed in surprise. “You can fly now?”

“Pretty neat, right?” Before Dash could gloat any further, Fluttershy yelps as she was pushed even closer the edge of the cliff-side by the Chieftain. Quickly acting, Helpful dashed straight toward them and tackled the Chieftain away. He fell onto the ground and he was surely scared. “Don’t you ever try to even do this to my Mare-friend, you big fat jerk!” Helpful shouted as the Chief could plainly see the huge burning incinerator in Helpful’s eyes. Before he say anything further, the cliff Fluttershy stood on began to crumble under her and she fell toward lava with her seemingly last scream. Helpful immediately took action as he jumped from the broken cliff-side and flew straight toward Fluttershy. The tube was deeper and darker than what Helpful expected. He could barely see anything, but he could hear Fluttershy’s screams; it pained him to hear such fear-filled exclamations. He tried to reach her, but the problem was he wasn’t fast enough. “Helpful!” Fluttershy screamed in terror. “Help me!” The Tan Pegasus was up to his limit, he couldn’t reach her now without straining himself, but then a red light seemed to have filled the tube; allowing Helpful to see Fluttershy; who was a few feet under him. Now he was falling faster than before. He reached and grabbed Fluttershy by the hoof and held her close, and then he flapped his wings to the max right before they hit the lava, and they flew straight up with incredible speed. It was almost like he was a rocket, but even faster, close to be the speed of light, it felt. A cloud of poisonous gas somehow moved above them and Helpful covered Fluttershy’s face so she couldn’t breathe the poison in.

They flew past it and Helpful immediately started to falter and weaken, but not in speed. They shot out of the Volcano and Helpful landed under Fluttershy, cushioning her landing, as they hit the obsidian. The cannibals have already run off, and the others have been freed by Spike, Snowy, Sunny, and the Leo. As they gathered around Helpful and Fluttershy concerned, Fluttershy began to laugh softly, but then louder; making everypony exchange looks of confusion. Fluttershy looks up to Helpful while still holding onto him with an entertained smile. “That was fun,” She giggled playfully. “Right, Helpful?” But Helpful didn’t answer, he instead, breathed really abnormally. “Helpful?” Fluttershy stood up concerned over his condition. “Helpful?” Helpful groaned in pain as he rolled his head to the side unconscious.

“Oh-no.” Twilight Sparkle exclaimed worried. “He must’ve breathed in some of the gas in there.” She turns to Sunny in the Leo Major’s mane. “Quick! We need to get Helpful to a doctor!”

“I hear ya, Honey!” Sunny replied as they loaded Helpful on the lion’s back. It wasn’t long till they made it back to the Tide Churner before the high tide kicked in. The crew quickly aided them as they carried Helpful inside to the Captain’s Cabin. “What happened?” Luckyshoes asked Twilight concerned, but she didn’t answer; making Rainbow Dash answer for her, and she explained to him the story. “Explains the Leo Major, alright, but Cannibals?” Luckyshoes contemplated hard. “We’ll mark this island a danger from now on. At least you’re all alright.”

“Yeah…” Dash replied sadly.

“We’re about to sail off.” Luckyshoes explained. “We can take your friend Snowy along, but we can’t carry a Leo Major.”

“Right.” Rainbow replied a little disappointed. She knew there had to be some time she had to say good-bye to her companion. She turned to the Leo Major; who was sitting on the beach-side beside the ship. She sighed as she tried to figure out what exactly to say. “So I guess this is…good-bye.” Dashie started a little sadly, but the Leo just licked her to cheer her up. “Okay, okay!” Dash chuckled. “I’m gonna miss you too.”

“Prepare to set sail!” Slipknot shouted his orders; forcing Rainbow to speed this up.

“Good-bye, Leo. I’ll never forget you.” She hugged his cold, wet nose and walked back to Sunny with tear-filled eyes. To her surprise, Sunny too was crying. “Sunny? Are you crying?”

“No.” Sunny sniffed and rubbed her eyes. “I’m just…I’m--oh shoot! Now you got me all Sappy!” Rainbow Dash laughed at Sunny as the tide came in lifted the ship off into the sea. A light appeared on Rainbow’s neck and formed the appearance of a golden necklace with a red lightning bolt gemstone on it. “The Element of Loyalty!” Rainbow Dash squeaked excited. “Now we just need three others!” As they sailed off, Applejack was helping and learning from the crewmates of the ship, while Rarity was still trying to grab their attention on deck. Spike and Snowy were having a conversation with Sunny, and Pinkie Pie was inside helping with Slipknot on checking inventory. As for Fluttershy, she was inside the Captain’s Cabin with the Doctor and Twilight; who were working on an antidote. She began to regret not having the Water Sapphire Shards she left home, and worried that Helpful might die again and that she couldn’t bring him back. The lights on his wings were glowing and fading as he breathed unconsciously, and laid on the sofa. This didn’t make things easy at all. “Is it ready, yet?” Fluttershy asked for the eightieth time.

“Fluttershy, I’ve told you that it’ll take some time to get the antidote ready.” Twilight replied a little irritated, but still kept her patience.

“I know, but…” Fluttershy slammed her hoof on the floor hard; surprising Twilight and the Doctor; almost making them mess up the formula. “Why can’t you both work faster, Twilight?!” She shouted at them angrily. “Helpful’s dying! Can’t you see that?! We need that antidote now!” Surprised and shocked by Fluttershy’s outburst, Twilight stared at her wide-eyed. Soon, Fluttershy’s usual-self kicked back in. “O-oh, my…” Fluttershy stammered nervously. “I-I-I’m s-so sorry, Twilight. I-I don’t know what came over me.” A tear fell from her face as she apologized to her friend. The Purple unicorn was a bit dumbstruck, but she pushed the thought aside and smiled comfortingly toward her as she sat beside her.

“It’s okay, Fluttershy.” Twilight assured her friend. “I know you didn’t mean it to be harsh. We’re just as worried as you are about Helpful’s condition. We’re putting it together as fast as possible, Fluttershy.” Fluttershy didn’t respond she just stared at Helpful and sighed sadly.

Meanwhile in the princess’ room, it was evening and Celestia and Fancypants have been discussing about their course of action to take. “Your Highness,” Fancypants began as he studied the map they set on the floor. “We should try to figure out where Envious wants to strike next.”

“Indeed.” Celestia agreed with him. “That’s why we are here.” She used her magic to activate Gemini’s crystal ball and Gemini appeared before them both.

“Your Majesty, and General.” The entity bowed to them. “I believe you are wondering how your heroes are faring?”

“In another time, Gemini.” Celestia explained. “Where is Envious attacking next?” The Star Symbol just stared at them both a little withdrawn with white eyes; that meant he was either shocked or scared, but he created an illusion for them to see, but all there was seen was a black haze.

“I can only show you so much.” Gemini grunted straining for his concentration. “There is something blocking my sight.” But then the haze immediately cleared and they could see Envious through the illusion. Luckily for them, he didn’t notice this.

“I know you are all growing restless, My Children.” Envious grabbed the attention from his army of minions. “But you must remember our time will come soon. In just six days, Equestria will be ours!” The minions began to grow obviously anxious and frenzied as the Dark Alicorn continued. “Yes! The world will be ours soon, My Minions, and you will be ruled by me!” The hideous black creatures frenzied around and on top one another; it meant they were excited and impatient to attack Canterlot, but then the two notice another dark blue Alicorn enter into view their vision.

“Who is that?” Fancypants asked Celestia curious.

“That is Merciful…my Elder Brother.” Celestia replied not taking her eyes off the illusion. This surprised the Rich Stallion as he watched this illusion. As the Alicorn walked, he seemed quite maddened and serious. He stopped just a few feet from Envious. “You are only going to destroy everything, Envious.” Merciful told his dark-self coldly. “You’re being foolish.”

“Foolish?” Envious glared at him; nopony could really see Envious’ eyes, but it was obvious that he was glaring. The Minions stopped the frenzy and turned their attention to the Alicorns. “You’re one to talk about ‘foolishness.’ Letting me fester and manifest inside you; allowing me to feed on your thoughts, your emotions, and your heart.” Envious took a step toward Merciful, and as he took this step, a stand of darkness swept around it. “You allowed me to take over your body; your life, and yet you say that I’m foolish!” Silence sets in, letting Envious sinks in his words on Merciful, but the Dark Blue Alicorn said nothing, nor did he show any weakness; that seemed to have affected Envious instead. “The only foolish one I see is you!” The Armored Alicorn pointed straight at Merciful; making the minions laugh and snicker at the Cursed Prince softly, but only to make him crack.

“Say what you will, Envious,” Merciful spoke toward his adversary calmly. “But it was not me who allowed you in; you forced yourself inside.” Silence immediately sets in coldly around them all. “You lied to me, you took away my feelings, you fed on my jealousy, and you took over me.” Merciful protested against Envious; annoying the Dark Alicorn. “Your ‘Deceit’ blinded me, your ‘Greediness’ brainwashed me, your ‘Anger’ took over my thoughts,” The Prince stated as he walked closer to Envious with an icy glare. “Your ‘Cruelty’ pained me, your ‘Cowardice’ stopped me, and your Dark Magic took me away, so you could take over.” He stopped eye to eye with Envious right in front of the Dark Entity. “I assure you, I didn’t ‘let you in.’” Envious couldn’t respond; he was so dumbstruck by Merciful that he couldn’t fight back without obvious weakness, but then he remembered something.

“I know what this all about.” Envious responded finally. “You’re in love, aren’t you?”

“What does ‘love’ have to do about this subject?”

“Everything, Merciful.” Envious answered with a smirk under his dark armored helmet. “You’re in love with one of the six Spirits of Harmony, and your trying to beat me down to just buy them some time. Clever one, aren’t you?”

“I-I…” Now the tables have turned on this argument. It was true that Merciful loved a certain Spirit of Harmony; it was only first sight though. He looked away from Envious; trying to ignore him, but the Dark Alicorn continued. “I thought so.” Envious turned to his minions. “Tomorrow, you set out to kill the Spirits of Harmony!”

“No!” Merciful exclaimed in shock as the minions snarled and howled in excitement.

“Let’s see how the prophecy will be fulfilled if there is no Spirits!”

“You can’t do that!” Merciful tried to jump Envious, but he was repelled away by an invisible magic force field. He landed on the ruined stone pillars of the twisted black realm, and looked toward Envious looming above him.

“Oh, but I can, and I will!” Envious laughed loud and dark; making Merciful fear the worst for his beloved Spirit. The open illusion closed as Gemini lost consciousness; he held up that illusion too long and strained himself, and hit the stone floor.

“Gemini!” Celestia exclaimed in shock as she and Fancypants ran over to the omnipresent entity. Fancypants looked around his body to check for anything else wrong, but he was relived to find nothing. “It’s quite alright, Your Majesty.” Fancypants explained to the white Alicorn. “He only used his power for too long and is now unconscious.” Fancypants lifted the unique Alicorn to a bed near them using his magic. “He’ll be awake soon.” Celestia looked out the window and noticed the stars and the moon out for another night.

“Fancypants, the night is growing old. You should find rest.” Celestia pointed out to the night. Fancypants nodded in agreement.

“I will discuss this matter with our Royal Night Guard.” Fancypants assured as he exited out the room and closed the door with his magic.

“Good Night, Sir.” Celestia finished as she contemplated on the current situation. They needed to warn Helpful and Twilight Sparkle before Envious’ minions attack them by surprise. “Tomorrow, I will send a letter to them early in the morning.” Celestia promised herself. “But tonight I must rest.” The princess set herself a nice bed beside Gemini’s and slept in peaceful unwavering sleep.



As the night swept over and made its leave, morning broke the third day. Twilight awakes from her good night’s sleep in the Captain’s Cabin and stood to see Fluttershy asleep on Helpful; who was still poisoned. The scene touched her greatly in that brief moment. “Fluttershy really does love Helpful.” The Unicorn thought almost shedding a tear it was so touching. “I wish we can finish that antidote soon.” She trotted over to the table and returned to making that formula. “Hmm…” Twilight wondered. What should she do next? That formula isn’t documented and it takes some time to create if done correctly. She sighed and hit her head on the table flummoxed on what to do next. One certain medicine can make a positive reaction to most others, but it only makes a negative reaction to one other. That’s what it felt to her when she looked at all the medicines organized on the table. None of them would work for her. Finally, she just pushed the problem aside and sat on the floor thinking, but then she heard a soft tune from outside the Cabin. She grew even more curious as she trotted over to the wooden door to find out what was that music coming from. She opened the door and found Slipknot, Calm Water, and Lantern Light all sitting on a few barrels. Lantern Light was only tuning his guitar, cord by cord; making sure it was sound. He had this guitar ever since foal-hood. Finally, Calm Water grew bored. “Play us a merry song, Lantern.” Calm Water jumped up from his barrel. “Something to lighten the day for us.”

“Alright, Calm.” The Pegasus agreed as he strung his guitar to find the right cords. “Here we go.” Lantern Light began playing a merry song to his friends. It felt like such positive tune to Twilight; who was watching them from the other side of the door cracked open. They even sang the words to song in very pleasing tones. It went like this:

“Cloud-filled day, and Starless night,
“No pirate will give us a fright,
“No dragon, storm, or ice filled sea,
“Will never ever stop us, you see,
“We’re Luckyshoes’ Merry Crew,
“We’ll take you down, and turn you to stew,

“With that said, you better run,
“When Captain’s mad, he’s never fun,
“But deep down, he’s a merry stallion,
“He can drink more punch by the gallon,
“We’re Luckyshoes’ Merry Crew,
“We sail the seas, that’s what we do,

“Lands away, wives in perfect stay,
“We’re merry each and everyday,
“None can ever stop this song,
“Except ourselves; it’s much too long,
“We’re Luckyshoes’ Merry Crew,
“We sing this song when there’s nothing to do,

“Cloud-filled day, and Starless night,
“Nopony is allowed to say good-night,
“We dance around in a merry way,
“We also hope our guests enjoy their stay,
“We’re Luckyshoes’ Merry Crew,
“We sing this song to enlighten you,

“As the musician makes his final strum,
“And numbers begin to sing along,
“We hope you enjoyed our merry yarn,
“And we hope to see you again for one more song,

“We’re Luckyshoes’ Merry Crew!”

When the three stallions finished, they were surprised to hear Twilight applauding them on the deck not too far from them. She had become so transfixed on the song that it made her walk out and listen. “What a wonderful song!” Twilight cheered them. “Where’d you find such a song before?”

“We didn’t actually.” Calm Water replied with a smile. “We made it up, Lass.”

“Oh. Well, you did a very good job of it all.” Twilight smiled kindly. Just then they all noticed Pinkie Pie beside Twilight; who was also intrigued by the song too.

“Can you teach me it?” Pinkie giggled excited.

“Of coarse, Lass.” Slipknot answered a bit confused on how she got here in the first place, but he turned the thought aside as he and Lantern Light taught the Pink Mare the cords and the words to the song. Twilight turned around, but then was surprised to hear racket from under her that made the entire ship feel like it shook and Spike ran out from the barracks down below with a hammock wrapped around him; covering his face. He walked around blind, but finally hit the floor of the deck right in front of Twilight. “Spike. What are you doing?” The Purple Unicorn asked the dragon confused, but the only response she received was muffled by the hammock that wrapped around Spike. She sighed as she used her magic to untangle him. Spike stood up a little dizzy from his spill from earlier, but then he grabbed his consciousness.

“Oh, uh…” Spike handed over a letter to Twilight. “It’s a letter from the princess.” Twilight accepted the letter and read it carefully. “’Dear, Twilight Sparkle,’”

“’I must warn you that Envious plans to hunt you down and destroy you. You’ll need to find a safe location or prepare for the worst. The minions must have already departed and are coming straight toward you, so you’ll need to decide quickly!’”

“’Forever your friend, Princess Celestia.’” Twilight finished shocked to realize the incoming attack. Instead of conversing with Spike about the pressing matter, she ran into the Captain’s Cabin to warn Luckyshoes. “Captain!” Twilight shouted as she swung open the door waking her friends and Luckyshoes.

“What is it, Lass?” Captain rubbed his eyes half-awake.

“Envious is attacking! We need to prepare for the incoming assault!” The Purple unicorn explained looking quite ill-minded. The Brave Sea Pony rolled off his bed and walked outside to see for himself; Twilight and her friends follow except Fluttershy; who was too busy giving Helpful company. The Captain looked into his spyglass and--lo and behold--he spotted a battalion of black, bat-winged, hideous, pony-like, and blood thirsty monsters come their way. Immediately, he snapped his spyglass to its compact state and turned to the deck. “All hands to Battle Stations!” Luckyshoes ordered them all with great force in his tone. In that second they all stopped what they were doing and readied the cannons for the incoming assault.

“Load all the cannons!” Slipknot ordered as well. “Make ready for attack! Get the swords!” All the crewmates, including Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Snowy, and Spike, did as they were told quickly. Spike and Snowy ran down below to fetch the weapons Slipknot ordered them to retrieve, while Rainbow and Applejack manned their cannon. As the two unlikely friends found the swords, they notice one of the crates shinning a multicolored light through its cracks and small openings. It shook many times; like something wanted to get out. “What’s that?” Spike exclaimed in surprise as the crate jumped.

“I don’t know.” Snowy replied curious, and he pulled out a sword from the armory stash. “But there’s only one way to find out.” He walked over to the crate and he jumped and stabbed the sword onto the large crate’s top, but he hung above the floor like some wet rag being dried. His weight wasn’t enough to lift the nailed down lid of the crate, so Spike jumped up and grabbed the sword and added his weight with Snowy’s, and then the lid popped off; making the two dragons fall on their rumps on the floor. Spike held up the sword they used; it was bended crudely right in the center of the sword’s flat. “Well, there goes that one.” Spike remarked as Snowy and him climbed up the crate and found that the source of the light was in fact a multicolored, crystal egg. They watched as it rolled around; ramming into the walls of the crate. “It’s kinda cute.” Snowy remarked as he chuckled.

“Do you think it wants out?” Spike asked the white dragon; curious of what he was thinking.

“Only one way to find out.” Snowy replied as he tipped the crate over onto the floor without warning; making Spike fall onto his back hard. The Ice Dragon watched as the egg rolled out of the crate and toward the stairs leading upward. Spike moans in pain as he stood up from the unfortunate spill. “What was that for?” Spike exclaimed a little irritated as he cracked his back. Snowy didn’t listen; he was too fascinated by the unique egg that he followed it. “Hey! Where are you going?” Spike shouted after him, but he received no answer. He decided to follow, but then he remembers the swords they were supposed to return and collected as much as he could and then followed; dropping daggers and small axes along the way. The egg could roll up the stairs by itself, it only rammed into the bottom stair; attempting a futile effort to climb, but Snowy kindly helped it up the stairs, with Spike right behind him, until they made it to the top deck. Snowy continued to follow the strange little egg, while Spike, not sure what to do now, dumped the weapons on the deck for everypony to have and followed close behind. The egg rolled straight and true toward the Captain’s Cabin and rammed into the door; startling Twilight and the rest of her friends inside. Cautiously, Twilight opened the door to see only Snowy and Spike, but she didn’t see the egg roll past her into the room. “Snowy, Spike. What is it?” Twilight asked them curious. “You scared us all half to death there for a second.”

“Twilight! There’s a neat a little egg who wants to get inside the Captain’s Cabin for some reason.” Spike tried to explain, but she ignored him.

“You two should be helping the crew out there.”

“We know, but—.”

“No ‘buts.’ Go and help them.” She closed the door on the small dragons; unaware of the little egg rolling around inside toward the sick Helpful.

“Who was it, Twilight?” Pinkie Pie wondered out loud; not noticing the egg’s glow as it rolled on behind her.

“Oh, it was only Spike and Snowy.” Twilight explained to her friends, still unaware of their intruder in the room.

“Those two better not have been trying to get in here.” Sunny warned them as the egg rolled slowly past the bookshelf. “They should be out there helping them prepare for the incoming attack.”

“Well, yes, but you have to remember, Sunny, they’re both still young.” Rarity explained; annoying Sunny somewhat. “They’ll have to come in here for cover some time.”

“Alright, I guess. We’ll let them in when it’s time.”

“Good to hear, Sunny.” Twilight replied as the glowing egg hit the leg of the sofa that Helpful laid on. Fluttershy was the only one to hear this while she watching Helpful sleep. She looked over to her left and picked up the strange egg. “Hey…Twili—!” In that moment, a strange amount of energy blazed onto the egg; making Fluttershy squeal and drop it on the floor. She hid behind the rest of her friends; who also was surprised to see what was happening. The crystalized egg floated above the floor and glowed bright as ever as it blazed into an energy-like fire. The flames of many colors danced around the room. Engulfing almost everything, but they seemed to not even singe a single item inside. These flames weren’t ordinary. It all surrounded them as Twilight stuck out her hoof into the fire and quickly pulled it back by instinct of being burned, but she wasn’t burned at all. “Fascinating.” Twilight thought to herself out loud. She looked over to where Helpful was and saw him engulfed by the flames, but he was indeed not incinerated. Inside it seemed like the flames were only playing on his chest, and then they sink down into him; like he absorbed the magical substance. His friends watched in surprise and amazement as the fire sucked into Helpful, first slowly, but then quickly until it all was, somehow, fitted into his body. The egg fell toward the floor, but Twilight quickly caught it with her magic. They all watched Helpful curiously; as if waiting for something to happen, and to their surprise, Helpful coughed and wheezed as he sat up slowly half-awakened somehow by the experience they all had. “What happened?” Helpful asked as his coughing retarded. He looked around curious. “Are we back in the ship?” Fluttershy, overjoyed once more by Helpful’s survival, jumped right into him; hugging him so tight until he couldn’t breathe again.

“Helpful! You’re alive again!” She squealed excitedly as she tightened the hug.

“I-it’s…good to… see you too…Fluttershy…” Helpful wheezed as he tried his best to breathe and speak. “But…if you want me…to still…live…you’ll need to let…me go.” Fluttershy straightaway lets go of Helpful; he coughed and wheezed in air again, but his breathing slew down quicker than before.

“S-sorry, Helpful…” Fluttershy apologized to him shyly.

“It’s fine, Fluttershy.” Helpful assured her comfortingly. “I’ve just about gotten used to it…I think.” He rubbed his head like he was trying to remember something. “Say how did we get back in here anyway?” And instantaneously, his stomach growled too. He rubbed it gently. “And I’m starving. Since when have I eaten?” Everypony laughed at Helpful for being so ignorant, but they also knew he didn’t know how long he slept. “What’s so funny?”

“You’ve been asleep for a day now, Helpful.” Twilight explained with an impish smile. “You were poisoned by the volcanic gases and you got sick. We took you back here and we left the island with Snowy.”

“What about the Leo Major?” Helpful asked her curious.

“He’s staying at the island to enjoy his freedom while it lasts.” The Purple Unicorn assured him. “But now we need your help to ward away an entire army of Minions from Envious.”

“Wait. What?”

“We’re under attack, Helpful!” Sunny shouted at him irritated so he would understand.

“There’s no need to shout it.” Helpful stood up from the sofa, but then fell onto his knees. He wasn’t strong enough to stand up alone, and he was sure not strong enough to help fight the assailants off. Fluttershy quickly helped him back up. “Are you okay, Helpful?” Fluttershy asked him concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Helpful assured, but then he fell again as he tried once more. Fluttershy quickly aided him back up onto his hooves and kept him up by putting his arm over her shoulders. “Heh, I’m not myself right now.”

“You need rest, Helpful.” Fluttershy insisted Helpful, but he didn’t listen.

“I’ve rested enough, Fluttershy. I gotta help the others.”

“But you can’t walk at all.”

“I’m fine.” Helpful insisted as he tried to walk again, but Fluttershy restrained him. “C’mon, Fluttershy. I need to help them.”

“But you’re still in no condition to help.” Fluttershy argued; surprising their friends a little. “You can’t just run out into battle like this. You have to wait until you’re totally refreshed.”

“But, Fluttershy, there isn’t any other defense in the ship strong enough to save us.” The Tan Pegasus protested sternly, but nervously. “My life is far less important than everypony else’s!”

“I don’t want to lose you again!!” Fluttershy shouted in dismay. She hung her head down and began to lightly cry as she held back the tears. “How can you say, ‘I’m lower than everypony else’? Helpful, you can’t just go into battle, not worrying about your condition, because you’ll get hurt terribly, and I can’t stand you in pain.” Helpful was saddened by Fluttershy’s explanation as he listened. “The time you died, was the time I died too, Helpful. I died inside. I felt nothing was important anymore, but I somehow revived you. And when you came back I was overjoyed, and I vowed to never let you die again! Helpful, if you die, I will never forgive myself ever, you must understand. I love you, Helpful.” Fluttershy hugged Helpful. As she cried in his arms, Helpful remembers what Slipknot told him to tell Fluttershy before, and he found the strength to speak.

“F…Fluttershy. I feel the same way with you.” Helpful replied finally. “I loved you ever since I first saw you. When Rainbow Dash was lost in the Ursa’s Lair, I told you and Spike to leave, because I love you, and I didn’t want you to get hurt.” The others watched and listened carefully and understandingly as the Falcon-winged Pony continued. “I protected you from the Sky Dragon, because I would never bear to see you ever get the slightest scratch from any beast at all. You’re all that matters to me, Fluttershy.”

“Do you mean it?” Fluttershy sniffed sadly as she listened.

“Every word of it.” Helpful answered with a smile. “You are the most adorable, gorgeous, incredible Pegasus I have ever met, and nothing in this world will make me change my mind. Your hair is like long silk, your ears move in a very unique way, and your eyes are like huge, deep emeralds. When you run, you hair moves in the air, as if it is the air itself. When you smile, it feels like I have just found true peace. You are like a bright light in a dark world to me.” Helpful could feel Fluttershy begin to hug him tightly as he began to wrap this up. “There will never be anything that’ll make me forget you. There would never be any amount of money that’ll make me happy without you. I only help without thinking about myself, because it’s somehow in my nature. I could never put myself in front of others, but if you need me to rest in order for you to find peace, than I will not argue, because…I love you too, Fluttershy.” The Shy Pegasus pushed herself to face Helpful eye to eye. It was clear to her that he was indeed telling the truth, but then again, he’s Helpful! He never lies; it’s not in his nature. She smiled greatly as she kissed his cheek sweetly, but fervently. She blushed as Helpful sat there with a blank expression of surprise, but he quickly snapped out of his trance. “Okay, but how will the crew be able to defend the ship? I mean, without me, there wouldn’t be much of a chance.” Twilight contemplated on this situation, and then came up with only logical solution.

“Leave that to us, Helpful.” Twilight assured her good friend.

“O-okay, Twi…” Helpful contemplated on this matter a bit. He knew his friends could take this attack straight on, but letting them go and help defend the ship would be too risky; even for him, but he supposes there is no other way. “You’ll be okay, right?”

“We’ll be fine, Helpful.”

“Hmm... Okay, then.”

“Good.” The Purple Unicorn quickly began pondering on how they would all be able to defend this vessel. “Fluttershy, you’ll stay here and watch over Helpful.”

“Okay!” The Shy Pegasus saluted to Twilight; looking quite serious, but then her expression turned to an impish smile as she hugged Helpful excitedly. The Tan Pegasus just chuckles. “The rest of you, follow me outside. We’ll help defend this vessel top to bottom.”

“Yes, mam!” The others followed Twilight out the Captain’s Cabin.

“Twilight!” Helpful grabbed the unicorn’s attention before she went out the door.

“Yes, Helpful?” Twilight asked curious.

“Be safe.”

“You can count on that, Helpful!” Twilight smiled as she shut the door with her magic.