• Published 7th Sep 2011
  • 20,143 Views, 850 Comments

New Beginnings - Black Alicorn



A young human super-soldier crash-lands on Equestria. Now, he must leave behind his dark, dark past and embrace this new chance at life, this new beginning. More so, he must now protect it when an ancient evil returns to plague Equestria once more!

  • ...
70
 850
 20,143

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Digging deeper...

Wolf stormed into the door, dripping rain water all over the floor as he walked towards the kitchen. Twilight followed him closely, her mane looking like a mop. Behind her was a a devastated Rainbow Dash, who was shielding Nyx from the veritable monsoon with her right wing. After stopping for a moment to shake some of the water from her soaked mane, she lost sight of Wolf. She followed the trail of water into the kitchen.

She found him over the sink, holding his soaked shirt in his hands. He squeezed it, trying to get the water out of it, only to have it rip in two. He tossed the ripped pieces of fabric into the metal sink with an audible clang. It was obvious he was pissed. His head fell as he let out a loud sigh.

"That's the eighth time that's happened..."
"Wolf...are you okay?"
"Do you really need to ask?"
Twilight couldn't say anything after that. Wolf left the kitchen and walked towards the door.
"Where are you going?"
"To get some more firepower..." He answered as he opened the door.
"Oh no you don't!"
The door glowed purple before it slammed shut, grabbing a bit of Wolf's finger. He let out a short yell of pain before shaking his hand. He shot a look at Twilight.
"Sorry..." She stammered.
"It's okay."
He turned back to the door only to see it was still glowing.
"Open the door please..."
"No."
"Twilight..."
"I'm not opening the door so you can go and fetch more killing machines."
"Then would you rather me move all three of you into the huge one called the Red Dawn?"
He nodded to Spike, who was on the bottom stair and had his jaw dropped to the floor as he saw the flood in the room.
"No, I would not."
"I don't know if you've realised it yet Twilight, but you've people out there who want to kill you."
It then dawned on him.
"Why the hell are those guys out to hurt you anyway? And what kind of sick bastard would put a knife through Nyx's leg?"
Twilight sighed after hearing the question. She had hoped he would never find out about Nightmare Moon, about her first defeat, and how Nyx later turned into her. It brought back painful memories. But she couldn't deny him an answer. So she told him the whole story.

Roughly an hour later...
"But she's gone right?"
"Huh?"
"She's gone, isn't she? If Nyx was her, and that she had most of her powers stripped, then she's gone right? For good this time."
"I hope so..."
"I guess that explains the assassins then."
"I don't think so. Her 'cult' is gone, they were nothing more than under her control. There must be something else..."
"Like what? Who would have anything against you but them?"
"But they're all gone..."
"Obviously not. Either way, I'm bringing in some bigger toys."
"No, you're not!"
"Twilight, you're lucky I don't turn this whole damn library into a fortress, but you are not going to keep me from bringing something for self defense."
"But you already have that!" She nodded to his sidearm.
"Yeah, and I'm gonna need a lot more than this to keep you two safe."
A knock on the door. Wolf pulled it open just a crack, to be greeted by the sight of two white Pegasi stallions clad in golden armor glistening from the rain water flowing off of it.
"We're talking, come back later."
And with that he shut the door. A louder knock could be heard this time.
"Stubborn son of a..."
He opened the door a bit more this time, allowing Twilight to peek under his arm and see who was outside.
"No we are not interested in buying anything or subscribing to some magazine. Scram!"
He would have slammed the door, but it swung open, hitting him in the face.
"Come in, come in sirs!" Twilight rushed to show the Royal Guards in. She shut the door behind her. Wolf moved as many muscles in his face he still had control of. He murmured to himself.
"Let it go, let it go..."
He then noticed that Twilght had broken her hold on the door. He opened it and tried to get out.
"And where do you think you're going?"
The door slammed in front of him. He turned around defeated. Twilight's glowing horn caught his eye, and it got him thinking. Unicorns. Horns. Magic. Magic! He brought his hand to his chin to think, trying to remember when Twilight was still teaching him magic.
- - - - -
Wasn't there a teleportation spell in there somewhere?
- - - - -
"Ah ha!"
His hands began to glow a deep blue and with a flash of light, he was gone.

- - - - -
Wolf appeared out of nowhere. He chuckled a bit.
"Worked like a charm."
He then noticed the cloud beside him.

- - - - -
That's funny, what's a cloud doing this low?
- - - - -
What cheer he had left dissapeared as he looked down to see he was a few thousand feet above the ground. His head shot back up.
"Ooooh shiiiiii-"
His sentence was cut short as he began to plummet to the ground.
"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-"
In a state of complete panic, his hands glowed deep blue again and he was gone with yet another flash of light.
- - - - -
Wolf reappeared a few feet above the ground and fell to the floor.
"Okay, NOT trying that again!"
Twilight and the Guards next to her just stared at him, completely unaware of what just happened to him. He got up, duste himself off, and tried to dive out the window. He was nearly out when he glowed purple and was dropped to the floor again.
"Oh come on!"
With no other options, he darted up the stairs, knocking over a flower pot which fell to the floor and shattered, releasing the water on to the floor. Spike came out of the kitchen, wiping his forehead off, and breathing a sigh of relief. He then noticed the broken flower pot, and the water on the floor. His face then fell. He turned around, walked back into the kitchen muttering something, and came back out with a mop.

Wolf opened the balcony door and looked off the platform. He ran towards the edge and jumped. As he saw that he would easily clear he rail, at the top of his lungs he screamed:
"FREEEEDOOOOOM!!!"
He flew through the air, expecting to meet the soft, moist ground. Instead, he felt something cold and hard on his face. Then followed a wave of pain. He fell onto the balcony and looked up. Then he saw the purple glowing brick wall that had appeared out of nowhere. He turned around to see Twilight giving him a sly smile while her horn glowed.
"Okay...I give up..."
"Come on, let's get going..."
"Huh?"
"We're going to the ship."
Wolf shot up off the ground.
"You mean...?"
"Yes, you can..."
Wolf nearly blew past her in happiness. His spirits soared. And then they came crashing down again as Twilight said the next thing.
"But I'm coming with you."
"Um...Why?"
"To make sure you don't bring back anything too big."
"Okay..."
"You need another shirt anyway."
"Yeah...Yeah..."
They both walked downstairs. They moved towards th door. Twilight turned around to face the guards.
"Stay here please."
The guards huffed in response. Twilight moved out the door, after seeing that Wolf had opened it. As he moved to close the door, he looked back inside to see Nyx curled up in Rainbow Dash's wing, both of them snoozing. He turned to face the guards.
"If anything happens to either of them, you're the first two I'm coming after."
The door shut behind him. After making sure that they were alone, the guards looked at eachother,scared to death, and both of them gulped audibly.

- - - - -

Red Dawn Deck 4 armory...

Wolf grabbed a large machine gun off the rack and popped a drum into it. He gave it a good slap to make sure it was secure, then cocked it. He then remembered Twilight was there to make sure he didn't bring the whole armory back. He looked straight into her eyes, his face sending a crystal clear message:
"Pleeeeeeeaaaase?"
"No."
"You're no fun..."
He put the machine gun back on the rack and looked around some more. He was looking for one thing, and it wasn't there.
"Sam, where are the shotguns?"
"Deck One armory, sir."
"Great..."

After climbing down two flights of stairs, they came across a battered door.
"DECK ONE ACCESS 4-C" Was emblazoned on it in large white letters.
Wolf walked over to the panel next to it and typed in a few numbers. Nothing happened. He repeated the same process, with the same result. He got his sidearm out and shot the panel. Nothing happened.
"Why did I expect that to work..."
He looked back to see a shocked Twilight.
"Sorry..."
He turned around back to the door.
"Sam, open up bulkhead Four-C."
"The door is not responding to commands sir. It has been heavily damaged. I reccomend using a small explosive device to open it."
Twilight walked up to it while Wolf walked to the back of the hallway.
"Explosives? I read a boo on how to make those, I could whip something-"
She was cut short as Wolf slammed into the door at full speed, breaking through it.
"Explosives my ass..."
After examining the two feet thick door, Twilight turned to Wolf.
"Exactly what did they do to you?"
"Increased strength, agillity, stamina, speed...Tougher skin...Enhanced bone weave topped off by a four millimeter coating of flexisteel on every bone in my body...The usual treatment..."
Twilight didn't know what to say. The part about the steel coating on his bones concerned her the most.
"H-How did they coat your bones in steel?"
"How do you think?"
Twilight winced at the thought of doctors cutting him open and coating his bones in steel.
"Anyway, this is where I leave."
"What?"
"Deck one got the full brunt of the crash, so it's gonna be like shit in there. And I'm not putting you at risk down there."
"So what am I going to do?"
"Just go to my room and I'll be back up soon."
"Promise me you're not going to bring back the whole armory."
"All I want is one shotgun. Then I'll be back up."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Okay..."
Twilight walked back up the stairs, and proceeded to Wolf's quarters.

- - - - -
4 minutes later, Wolf's quarters.

Twilight had opened up a screen in his room. On it there were a number of files, but one caught her eye.
"Subject: Wolf.
Date: Classified.
Video Log: Foxtrot-Bravo."
Below the name was a large button that wrote 'play' on it. She pressed it. The screen went dark, before lighting up again as the video began to play.

- - - - -
Wolf didn't know what he was called in for. He was sure that it couldn't be good though. A hole in the ceiling opened. A large rectangle was slowly set down on a table before him. It was covered in a dark green canvas. The canvas lifted away to reveal a cage with about a dozen young puppies in it. Their golden hair was truly a sight to behold. Wolf's eyes watered as a smile appeared on his face. A brief moment of hapiness. But then it was shattered again. Something was tossed at him. It turned out to be an M-72. He looked behind him to see his instructor there.
"Shoot them."
Wolf was stunned. He couldn't do it.
"No..."
The instructor unholstered his sidearm.
"Shoot them...or be shot yourself."
He turned back to the puppies. They were whining, they knew something was wrong.
"AIM!"
The instructor fired into the air. Wolf brought the M-72 to his shoulder. He aimed at the puppies before him. They were staring right at him, their deep dark eyes watering, cutting right through his own. Wolf couldn't suppress tears of his own.
"SHOOT!"
The instructor fired again, the bullet whizzed past his head. He was terrified. He doidn't know what to do.
"SHOOT THEM GOD DAMN IT!!"
Another shot. This one grazed his ear, causing a drop of blood to drip onto his shirt. Wolf felt something hot against his head.
"Useless piece of-"
The instructor was drowned out by the sound of gunfire. Wolf's M-72 was blazing, sending a flurry of deadly rounds into the cage. The puppies pained cries were drowned out by the gunfire. Blood splattered all over the room. Wolf's eyes were still shut tight. The gunfire stopped. His magazine was empty. He opened his eyes to see the cage and the wall behind it covered in red. What remained of the golden puppies in the cage was now covered in deep crimson. Wolf burst into tears. He cried his eyes out in less then a few seconds. The instructor walked up next to him.
"About damn time."
Wolf didn't stop crying.
"I was worried I'd have to-
- - - - -
The video stopped abruplty. Twilight turned to her left to see Wolf standing beside her. He looked at her, showing no emotion at all.
"Now you know."
"How could you..."
"Kill or be killed. That was the rule in training."
"He wouldn't have done it!"
"OH YEAH?!"
Twilight was stunned at his outburst.
"Sam, pull up delta file for subject Zulu-Nine-Thirty two, now!"
- - - - -
The screen opened again to show the same room, in the exact same setting. A young boy was holding another M-72, the instructor behind him. He wouldn't shoot. He defied orders, and he paid the price. A single gunshot echoed through the room. The boy dropped dead to the ground.
- - - - -
"That was Zebra. We were friends since day one."
Twilight was about to say something, but she was interrupted.
"No...After everything we all went through together, we weren't friends. Every time one of us died, we all lost a brother, or a sister."
Wolf paused for a moment.
"I remember that day like it was yesterday. I may not show it Twilight, but not a day goes by where I don't wish he did the same thing to me like he did to poor Zebra over there."
Wolf walked out of the room, but stopped to grab the bag and the shotgun he had left in the doorway. He opened the closet and grabbed a short sleeved shirt and put it on. He got out of the door.
"You coming?" He yelled to Twilight.
She got up from the ground, worried about Wolf. She followed him out the door, thinking about what he said about his wish...

End Chapter 25.

PreviousChapters Next