• Published 7th Sep 2011
  • 20,139 Views, 850 Comments

New Beginnings - Black Alicorn



A young human super-soldier crash-lands on Equestria. Now, he must leave behind his dark, dark past and embrace this new chance at life, this new beginning. More so, he must now protect it when an ancient evil returns to plague Equestria once more!

  • ...
70
 850
 20,139

PreviousChapters Next
(Sub) Chapter 2: A new home (edited)

*****
Ponyville hospital ER. The determined doctors were working on an unusual patient.
Nurse Redheart barked:
“Keep him steady!”
Wolf began to spasm.
“Nurse, the anesthetic is wearing off again!”
“Give him another shot!”
“But, we've already given him four times the normal dose!”
He began to wake up. His whole body flung upwards. He fell back to the bed as the clutter of falling surgical tools hitting the ground.
“If you want to operate on a fully conscious patient, then don't give it to him.”
He obeyed, and gave Wolf the shot.
“Now let's stop the bleeding.”
*****

Wolf woke up and he was back in bed.
- - - - -
What happened?
- - - - -

Wolf looked around. He was back in the hospital. He let out a discontent sigh.
“Welcome back.”
Wolf turned to investigate the source of the voice. It was Big Macintosh, the same pony he met the day before.
“Thanks. I can't exactly say it's nice to be back.”
Big Mac laughed.
“At least he has a sense of humor.” He thought to himself.
“So, how did you get back?”
Before Wolf could answer, Nurse Redheart cut him off.
“He ignored my: ”Don't strain yourself” advice.”
“Sorry Nurse, but....memories of the war, they just.....seem so real at times.”
“From what I've heard, you have been doing some extreme moves. Care to explain?”
“I don't react well to suprises?”
“Oh?”
“What do you expect? I was fighting a war for nearly half my life.”
“Right, I forgot about that. Anyway, you're free to go again, but please, no sudden reactions this time. We used up most of our anesthetic to operate on you.”
“Right.I'll try.”
“See you later Macintosh.”
“Eeyup.”
Wolf left the hospital again. Outside he found Twilight playing with Nyx.
“Hey.”
Twilight greeted Wolf, but told Nyx, who hid behind her, to go home.
Wolf noticed this, and before Nyx could leave, he asked:
“Why? You two are having fun out here.”
He knelt and asked Nyx her name. She didn't answer. Then Wolf remembered.

- - - - -
The night of the crash.....

"I SAID-”
He didn't finish the sentence, but his weapon was already pointed at her.

I almost shot her.....

- - - - -

Wolf rose, and whispered to Nyx:

“I'm sorry....."

A single tear formed in his eye, and rolled down his cheek.Twilight noticed this, but before she could say anything, Wolf was walking away.

“Wait!”
Wolf stopped.
“Yes?”
“Where are you going to sleep tonight?”
Wolf didn't answer. Twilight was caught in the middle of a serious dillema.
“Should I let him stay? Or will I leave him alone in the cold?”
It was a beautiful early spring day, but it was coming to a close. The sun was about to set, and while it was nice and warm in the day, Winters chill still had a firm grip on the night.
“I don't know.” was Wolf's final answer, and he began walking away again, with his head down.
Twilight turned to Nyx.
“What do you think, should we invite him to stay?”
“Yes.”
Twilight was surprised with Nyx's answer.
“Are you sure? After that night, I thought you wouldn't want him to stay with us.”
“I was a bit scared at first, but...then I realised that he was alone in a new place, he was hurt and he had just lost everything. I don't want him to stay in the cold.”
“That's my girl.”
“And....”
“And?”
“And he apologized to me. You probably didn't hear it, he whispered it to me.”
“Hmmmm.”
Twilight thought to herself: ”He apologized....maybe he's not as cold as I thought....”
“Wolf! Wait!”
Wolf stopped again, without raising his head.
“What is it?”
“If you want, you could stay with us....”
Wolf raised his head and turned to face Twilight, with a visible smile on his face.
“I'd like that.”
“Well come on, I'll show you the way.”
Wolf turned around and followed the two ponies back to the library.
* * * * *
The trio arrived at Ponyville Library.
Twilight's horn glowed and the door opened. Wolf was surprised at that, but didn't say a word. He was paying more attention to the library that was carved into the tree.
Wolf was nearly a foot taller than the doorway, and he had to duck to fit into the library. At least the ceiling was more than high enough for Wolf inside the library.
“Wow.”
“Welcome to Ponyville library, our home.”
“It's very nice. I haven't slept in a real house for nearly two years now.”
“Didn't you get time off?”
“Yes, I did but most of the time I was shaking hands with political candidates.....going to fancy dinners...and I think I even opened a few malls.
“What about time with your family?”
“Rare. I didn't get to sleep in my own home with them for two years.”
Tears formed in his eyes.
“I didn't even get to say goodbye to them.....”
Twilight regretted asking the question.
“Oh! I forgot to introduce you to someone!”
“SPIIIIIKE!”
“I'm coming, I'm coming.”
“Spike, I'd like to introduce you to Wolf.”
“Who?”
Spike then noticed the tall figure in the room with them.
“Is that Wolf?”
“Yes, that is Wolf.”
“Oh, hi.”
Then Spike returned to his bed.
Twilight blushed.
“Sorry.He was up late last night and he didn't get to nap today.”
“It's alright.”
“Well, the kitchen is over there, and the bathroom is over there. I hope the couch is alright for you.”
“It's perfect.”
Nyx shouted to the two.
“Goodnight!”
“Goodnight.”
“Well, I'll be turning in. Goodnight Wolf.”
“Goodnight.”
Twilight turned to go upstairs to her bedroom. She was interrupted by Wolfs voice.
“Twilight?”
“Yes Wolf?”
“Thanks.”
Twilight smiled and nodded.Then she went upstairs.
Wolf laid down on the couch, closed his eyes, and drifted to sleep.


End chapter 2.

PreviousChapters Next