• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 785 Views, 0 Comments

The Bringer of Joy - Goldenfalcon101



Trixie is forced to look after her younger brother when she is left homeless.

  • ...
 0
 785

Prologue

“Wow, Twilight! How’d you know what to do with that Ursa Major?”
“That’s what I was doing when you came looking for me. I was so intrigued by Trixie’s bragging that I was compelled to do a little reading up on them.”
Oh, per-lease. Stop with the fancy words.“So it is possible to banish an Ursa Major all by yourself?”
“That wasn’t an Ursa Major; it was a baby. An
Ursa Minor.”
That was just a baby?” Shutupshutupshutupshutp. Do NOT show yourself up again!
“And it wasn’t rampaging, it was just angry because someone woke it up!”
Ah, yes, their entire fault. I had nothing to do with it; they should most definitely be punished! Dumb colts…
“Well, if that was an Ursa Minor…what about an Ursa Major?”
The Great and Powerful Trixie had no choice but to suppress a shudder. That sort of evil…beast should not be allowed to live! It could have hurt somepony…it could have hurt her.
“…You don’t wanna know.”
Peering up from her view of the muddy, trampled earth, The Great and Powerful Trixie’s eyes narrowed as she glared at Twilight Sparkle, ‘the most talented Unicorn in all of Ponyville.’ Ha! Don’t make me laugh, she thought, her lips widening into a sneer.
Stepping forward, The Great and Powerful Trixie gracefully made her way through the crowd towards the purple mare, holding her head high in pride. She had nothing to be ashamed of; she had only done what every pony in their right minds would have done faced with a creature that huge.
Coming to a halt in front of Twilight, The Great and Powerful Trixie prided herself with the surprised look on the other unicorns’ face. “Ha! You may have vanquished an Ursa Minor, but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie!”
With a smirk, The Great And Powerful Trixie whipped out a small, harmless grenade and threw it to the floor. Ponies stepped back, gasping, and with that distraction, the blue unicorn set off, galloping as hard as she could.
But of course she could have just teleported.
She just didn’t feel like it.

Breathless after her long run, The Great and Powerful Trixie came to a halt just on the outskirts of Ponyville. Fitness just wasn’t her thing, she decided. Her glorious talents lay elsewhere. Panting, she slumped against an old, withered tree, crouching into a more comfortable position, where her shining cape covered her body to somewhat protect her from the cold. One side of her vision blocked where her hat was slowly slipping down her head.
Eventually catching her breath, The Great and Powerful Trixie began to examine her clothes; the cape was fine, despite a few cuts and scratches here and there. Could they be passed off as war wounds? Maybe, depending on the intelligence of the pony.
Sighing, the all powerful sorceress removed her hat and pouted. She had left her caravan-her only home- at that dreaded…town. What was she going to do now?
No. She would not give in. Honestly. How hard could it be to sneak into a town where everypony hated her, grab a whole caravan and scoot out of there without being seen?
Frowning, The Great and Powerful Trixie ran it over in her head. Hmm. Well, the getting in wouldn’t be hard, considering how thick-minded those citizens were. The getting out part would be harder.
That rainbow-maned Pegasus with a dangerous need for speed could see her, and, despite being sure she was talented enough to fight off a winged pony, the mare was still cautious.
Or that apple-bucking earth pony. Now she was difficult; stubborn, strong…Nu-uh.
The weird dragon type creature?
Or maybe even Twilight Sparkle herself…?
No, the risks were too high. What if the Princesses were out looking for her right now?
Lip trembling, the magicians’ head drooped, thoughts spinning around in her head.
The first drop of heavy rain began to fall as Trixie finally admitted defeat.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment