• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 1,668 Views, 240 Comments

No Longer an Enigma - enigmaMystere



How Enigma, from 'Epic Rap Battles of MLP', met his current friends.

  • ...
1
 240
 1,668

Meet the Fussy Furniture Examiner

Enigma trotted down the street, having put his groceries up at his home. He looked around, wondering if there was something else he could do. His eyes stopped on a large, white building, noticing the columns outside. A sign near the door touted an exhibit in progress - a collection of statues and equipment that the Princess’s Spartan Stallions used around a thousand years ago.

He walked toward the apparently-pristine building, rather curious. Upon entering, he glanced around, seeing a staggering amount of exhibits - not just paintings and statues, but ancient armor and weapons. “...why is it called an art museum if it has more than just art?”

Shaking his head, the dark red pegasus trotted into the art, examining a portrait by somepony named ‘Da Vinci’. He frowned, noticing the lack of eyelashes on the supposed mare. He moved to walk away, but noticed that the oil earth pony’s eyes seemed to follow him. “...that’s kinda creepy...”

Shivering slightly, he turned and froze, his eyes widening at the sight of a statue of an...aroused stallion. Oh, sweet Luna! He covered his eyes, gritting his teeth as he attempted to remove the image from his mind. Do not want! He quickly moved around the statue, holding a single hoof up to block the sight from his eyes.

He was so busy trying to keep it from his sight, he accidentally bumped into another pony, knocking them over. He panicked, trying to help the gray unicorn up. “I-I’m so sorry!”

Turquoise eyes flickered towards him, anger clearly showing in them. “You should be!” The stallion pointed at a bench, which was likely there for tired parents who had excited fillies and colts with them. “You almost made me hit that!” He returned his attention to it, running a hoof through his black-and-green mane, grumbling about how the color of the fabric didn’t fit the rest of the room’s design.

Enigma blinked, unsure what to think of this pony. He glanced at his cutie mark and, seeing the design was a sharpened quill, pondered what it meant, staring at the floor. Suddenly realizing that this would become awkward if he didn’t try and respond, he decided to try and break the silence. “...well, it’s a good thing you didn’t, then...heh...” He gave a sheepish smile, hoping that it would help get his good intentions across.

It didn’t. The unicorn rounded on him, opening his mouth to rebuke him. His words died in his throat as he actually took the time to look at the now-cowering pegasus. He quirked an eyebrow, frowning slightly. “...did somepony mess up during a transformation spell, or something?”

The dark red pony just stared, unsure what to say. “...I don’t understand what you mean by that...I’ve always been this way...”

The gray stallion stood there for a few more seconds, his eyes unfocused and distant. He quickly shook his head, coughing slightly as he composed himself. “I see. Forget what I said, then.” He held a hoof up, pointing at himself. “I’m Fabric Designer, Canterlot Furniture and Style Director. I apologize for being rude earlier, but I tend to get a little short-fused when dealing with mismatching styles.” He glared at the offending bench.

Enigma almost didn’t catch that, distracted as he was by the other stallion’s messy black-and-green mane. “...it’s perfectly fine...” He wasn’t entirely sure how to mention the disarray of his hair, so he decided it was best not to draw attention to it. “...so...I’ll leave you alone, now, okay?” He slowly backed away, making sure to hold a hoof up to keep a certain shock from repeating itself.

The pony didn’t respond, having re-immersed himself in his work.

The red pegasus shook his head, wondering why he didn’t just move the piece of furniture somewhere else. He turned, halting suddenly as a sign caught his attention. “...‘have you discovered a talented artist? Opening for a new work of art’...” Slowly, a smile began to grow on his lips. “...thank you, Vinyl...”

Author's Note:

The pony introduced this chapter is not mine. He belongs to Art Inspired. :scootangel: Again, thank you for letting me borrow him (if only for a bit)! I hope I did your OC justice... :twilightblush: ...I'm kinda sad this chapter is so short, though... :ajsleepy: ...I should really work on that...

No voting this chapter, as I’ve already planned out where he’s going next. :twilightsmile: Also, why’s he thanking Vinyl? She told him to go to the Canterlot Art Museum! :pinkiehappy:

Have a nice day!

Enigma out.~