• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 1,667 Views, 240 Comments

No Longer an Enigma - enigmaMystere



How Enigma, from 'Epic Rap Battles of MLP', met his current friends.

  • ...
1
 240
 1,667

Meet the PO'd Prissy Prince

Enigma trotted to a nearby park, enjoying the warm sun on his back. He sat himself down on a bench, carefully pulling the book out of his saddlebag. He pulled a dry quill out as well, using it to flip through the pages. Where is it...ah, here it is! “Sarcasm: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain.”

He stared blankly at the book, flipping the page back and forth, wondering if he was missing something. The guide, however, had nothing else to give him. “...that’s not much to go off of...” He sighed, laying his head on his hooves and slowly reading the whole thing.

He eventually got to a section involving actors and how they use body language to convey emotions. “...so that’s why they exaggerate their movements...” He chuckled, shaking his head. “How silly!” He turned the page, intent on reading the next chapter.

The book was yanked out of his grasp, floating towards a tall white stallion. His cold, blue eyes flickered across the pages, a frown on his face. “So this is why you didn’t understand my advances?”

Enigma groaned, standing up and glaring at the unicorn. “Leave me alone. Or do you want a matching mark on your face?” He smirked, indicating the horseshoe bruise under the blonde pony’s left eye. He snagged his book back, putting it in his saddlebag. “Besides, I’m a stallion, not a mare, like you’re probably looking for.”

He raised a perfectly trimmed eyebrow, frowning. “What are you talking about?”

The red pegasus groaned again, shaking his head. “Well, you only fondled my flank because you thought I was a mare, and I’m-” He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes slowly growing wider. “...oh sweet Luna...”

The unicorn looked down at him with lidded eyes, a smirk on his lips. “I see you finally understand.” He approached him, the wicked smile on his face the whole time. “Come with me, femcolt.”

In a panic, Enigma’s mind sped up, quickly taking in the details of everything around him. I can’t run around him. He glanced at his saddlebag, calculating the possibility of getting something before the other pony can act. I can’t take anything out of my bag. He looked around, noticing that it was starting to get dark. I can’t even call out to someone. There’s no one nearby to hear.

He turned back to the unicorn, noticing that his jaw was set. ...I suppose there’s only one way to get out of this situation... He lowered his head in a resigned manner and turned around, completely facing the other direction.

The red pegasus quickly kicked the blonde stallion in the face once more, knocking the would-be assaulter on his back, dazed. “Like BUCK I’d let that happen to me!” He rushed off, completely forgetting the quill on the bench.

The white unicorn stood up, frowning deeply. “...go ahead and run, my little pony...I always get what I want...” He noticed the writing utensil on the bench. With a smirk, he picked it up and placed it in his ascot, turning away and leaving, now with matching bruises under his eyes.


Thanks to Sam Cole for giving me an idea that helped bring me back on track with this story!

The next two or three chapters will likely seem odd to everyone, but bear with me through it, mkay? On a separate note, I apologize for the relatively short chapter. I just really dislike Blueblood.

Have a nice day!

Enigma out.~