• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 501 Views, 4 Comments

The North - The Midnight Stalker



This started off as a simply Troll fic to clear my mind, but after Watching the Season 3 Premier i

  • ...
 4
 501

The Trip Over

I woke up early. I knew I had a lot to do before I left for Canterlot. I figured that whatever the princess wanted me for wasn't good, so it might be best to pack a few things to take with me. I knew I might not be coming back. I left a note for spike telling him to go to Rarity's or Pinkie Pie's and tell them what he knew about what was going on. I really hope the little guy would be okay without me. After all, we've literally been together our entire lives. I even hatched him, something almost unheard of for a unicorn to do. And now I was sneaking out before he even woke up just to avoid saying goodbye... I felt bad about that and knew I should, but I just couldn't face it. It would hurt too much. It hurts enough as it is.

And my friends... I know they'll miss me as well. They'll probably come up with some half baked idea to try and get me back, and I'd love them for it, but this was beyond their control. Could they really face down The Princess herself and bring me home? I don't think so really. Sure we've faced some pretty long odds, and won, but that was with all of us together. With the princess' blessing at that, so the odds of them getting to me were slim. In the end, it was for the best. I may as well check to see if I have everything.

Lets see here. Do I have everything? Saddle bags, check. Some light reading, check. Some food, just in case things go that bad.....check. Ugh! I really need to stop thinking things like that! Sure things might go bad, but like Spike said, everything will be alright... probably. Looks like I have everything.

I made one last sweep of the library to see is there was anything I might need. Then I was about to head out the door, moving towards it when I heard something upstairs. I looked up and saw Spike, standing in the doorway to my room, staring at me with this sad, betrayed look.

"So you're just gonna leave without saying goodbye? I thought you'd let me know you're going..."
I was speechless for a second. I honestly didn't know what to say to that. He was right of course, but I didn't know how to explain myself.

"You wanna know the worse part Twilight? The girls don't even know you're leaving. Who knows how they'd take you just vanishing like this! For a smart pony you really don't thing these things through!"

So we just stood there for a minute until I finally found my voice.

"Sorry Spike, but it's better this way. I'm not good at long goodbyes and you know that. And yes I'm still afraid that I might not come back. It might just be me being paranoid again, but I don't think so this time."

"What about your friends, though? They deserve to know what's going on Twilight!"

"Yes... I know that, but I can't face them, either. I know they'll want to come along and try to plead my case. I'm afraid that they'll share whatever fate it is I've got! You can tell them if you want... I won't be here to stop you anyways."

"I see. Well, good luck.. I guess... I hope you know when you come back you're going to have a lot of explaining to do."

I smiled at that. Spike, ever the optimist. I'd rather come back and face the scorn of my friends than be gone from their lives forever.

"Yes Spike, I hope you're right and I do come back. But until then, just know I have and always will love you. Let the girls know I love them as well. Now I have an early train to catch. Bye."

"Bye, Twi..."

I heard him go up the stairs, back to bed probably, and then I shut the door. I started my way towards the train station. It was a short walk, but I knew I had about twenty minutes before the first train showed up, so I took my time. I told Spike a little white lie so I could get out the door quicker, but really, I wasn't in that big of a hurry.

As I walked I looked around. Ponyville was a small town that really didn't have a lot to offer in terms of convenience, but what it did offer was a smiling friendly face every time you went out. Or if you had a bad day...

And the scenery! It was beautiful! Sure, Canterlot was a sight in itself, but nothing beat the natural beauty that small towns like this had. Some ponies came out here just to see it. Mostly in the fall before The Running of The Leaves though. That's when Ponyville was at its most beautiful.

Sooner than I'd liked I was at a small train depot. The word station really didn't describe it too well to be honest. It wasn't a ramshackle shack at the edge of the track nor was it a true station. It was a small, building with a platform for boarding and not much else.

I walked into the building to buy a ticket for Canterlot. The mare at the ticket booth look less then enthused to be there, so I didn't bother to talk to her much, jut asked for the ticket and payed for it. Then I went out to the platform for the train to show up, it wasn't long before it showed up. When it did show, I boarded it with no fanfare. I simply walked on, passed the ticket master my ticket and took my seat. Soon the train took off. It was a two hour ride to Canterlot so I had some time to try and wrap my head around as to why the princess would want me to go to The Castle. It wasn't that odd she'd want me to come, but I haven't the slightest idea as to why she'd want me to go. She always gave me some idea as to what she wanted. Maybe there was some sort of new danger or maybe I did something wrong. If it was some kind of threat she would've wanted all my friend to come, but that left something I did. So that had to be it! Something I did! But what? I'll drive myself insane trying to figure it out. As far as I know I haven't done anything!

I stopped trying to figure it out, sat back and tried to fall asleep. I'd gotten up early, so maybe I was tired still. A yawn confirmed this. It took some time but I did doze off. I just wished that when I woke up it'd all be nothing but a bad dream. Alas, it was meant to be nothing but trouble for me.

Author's Note:

Woooo! this is the fastest I think I've ever put out a chapter. Go Me! Once again thanks to my editor Cascadejackel. Check em out. He writes some awesome Fo:E stuff.

And a shout out to That Gamer and UnknownSalvation, they helped encourage me to finish this. Why? Cuz I suck at starting new stories.

That Gamer has an account here and on FanFiction. It you want something odd to read look at his odd parody fics.

And Unknown Salvation Works over on Fanficiton.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment