• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 4,167 Views, 1,525 Comments

The Darkness in our Souls - Black Light



Shadowmere knows fear, he knows hate, and he knows darkness. In fact, he knows everypony's.

  • ...
43
 1,525
 4,167

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Rage, I felt nothing but rage. I was running towards the cave that I knew Skies was being held in. I was going to do everything in my power to get her out. The crunch of leaves behind me told me that the girls were still following me. They were scared but not for me or for themselves. They were scarred of what I was going to do to Red Wing and his gang. They had no idea what I had planned, and neither did I. I reached a clearing in the forest and looked across to the other side. I saw a small cave being guarded by two ponies in crimson cloaks. This was it, this is where Skies is. The two ponies saw me coming and readied themselves, but they were two late. I grabbed both of their heads with my magic and slammed them together. They fell to the ground unconscious. As I reached the gate I spun around on my front hooves and bucked the door. The door was sent flying by my buck, and it clattered to the floor echoing throughout the cave. They knew I was here, now if they were smart they wouldn't get in my way.

I slowly started walking forward, but was stopped as a spear touched my throat. "Stop right there!" the voice behind the spear yelled.

"Has Red Wing told you who I am?" I asked

"He told us you are an enemy. That's enough for me."

"Shows how much he cares about you all."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, if he really cared for you at all he would have told you who I am and what I am about to do. Because if he did you wouldn't be here right now."

"What does it matter who you are. I'm not afraid of-"

But he was cut off as he started to scream. My mane flared up and my eyes darkened. I stared into his soul and brought out his greatest fear. He fell to the floor whimpering. I caught his spear with my magic and started to walk forward. Ignoring the whimpering form on the floor. The clink of hooves on stone told me the girls were still following. We started to walk deeper into the tunnels. When we were about half way through we turned a corner and were met with a sea of red cloaks. The crimson hoof gang was all gathered in one place waiting for us. I knew they were there the entire time, but there was no way around them. I didn't try to avoid them it wasn't possible, and I wasn't scared of them anyway. They still hadn't noticed us yet so we had the element of surprise.

"I hope you girls are ready for a fight." I said with no emotion in my voice.

"Do..do we really need to fight...I mean can't we just talk to them?...if you don't mind me asking." Fluttershy asked meekly.

"No they won't talk and I am sorry I am truly sorry."

"Sorry? what are you sorry for partner?" Applejack asked.

"Sorry that you will have to see this." I said with a pause before I continued. "I'm sorry because this won't be like any fight you've been in before. This fight is to the death." I finished, preparing to strike.

The girls all gasped. They didn't know that this was that bad. I knew that if they did fight they would probably try to do it the non-lethal way, but they needed to know that the enemy wouldn't be as kind.

I took a few slow steps back peparing myself for what was to come. Then, I started thinging of Skies ans I began running forward and releasing the spear from my magic. It flew in a straight ark and impaled itself in the neck of one of the gang members. There was a lot of commotion within the group of ponies before they realized where the spear came from and looked to me.

"You all just made three big mistakes! Your first was chasing me, your second was taking Skies from me, and your third mistake and the most important is that you're all still here!" I shouted to the crowd of ponies.

Then the charged a swarm of crimson cloaks charged at us, but they stopped suddenly as they charged into a large purple aura. I turned my head to see Twilight's horn glowing. I turned back around and saw the ponies get pushed back by the magic wall. I charged in and prepared my magic. I didn't want to do this but if it was to save Skies I would do anything. I grabbed some of the spears from some ponies still on the floor and stabbed their necks killing them instantly. I pulled the spears out and charged into the large group of ponies spinning the spears in wide arks. My once black coat began to turn a dark shade of crimson as the gang members fell to my fury. I was pulling my spear out of the neck of a pony when I turned my head and saw a large stallion descending towards my neck with a sword. With my spears stuck I wouldn't be able to stop him in time. Suddenly I heard a load bang and saw a large colorful ball come out of nowhere and smash into the stallion. Sending him flying in to a wall. I turned my head towards where the bang came from and I saw Pinkie standing there with a cannon. I turned my head farther and saw the rest of the girls fighting. Twilight and Rarity were using their magic to stun the ponies. Applejack kicking them into walls. Rainbow Dash was ramming into ponies at high speed. Fluttershy was away in a corner cowering. It hurt me to see them like this but it was for Skies.

We continued to fight for a few more minutes before the rest of the ponies had either fled, died, or were unconscious. my coat was covered in dried blood and dirt. I looked around and saw the girls. They were clean of blood and unharmed. I would have been impressed with their fighting skills if we weren't in these circumstances. I saw them look at me and then I felt the fear. They were afraid of me now. They saw how I smiled when I killed the ponies. They heard my laugh when I skewered the gang members' heads on my spear. They saw how I enjoyed making the ponies who took Skies suffer. I began walking towards the main chamber knowing that is where I would find Red Wing.

As I entered the room I saw Red Wing sitting on a throne with Skies at the base of the throne. She had blood on her side and my rage peaked. I charged at Red Wing before he pulled out a pipe and aimed at Skies, I stopped instantly not wanting him to hurt her. He then spoke in a deep voice that I have always hated.

"Well, well, well. It is truly good to see you again Shadow, and I see you brought some friends how wonderful. I'm sure they would love to see you suffer.

"Red Wing I am going to kill you, so make it easy on yourself and give me Skies and I might finish you off quickly." I said my anger building.

"Well I would. If I was actually afraid of you. I think that you’re going to come up here and knell in front of me and beg for forgiveness. Then I'm going to kill you, but first lets see you suffer a little bit." he said with a menacing grin.

I wondered what he meant, but then I felt it. A presence in the room that I hadn't looked for. I turned my head quickly and saw a unicorn sitting in the corner with a charged spell. She then released the spell a burst of pure magic developed for one purpose only..... To kill. I saw the trajectory of the beam. It wasn't going for me. It was going to hit Rainbow Dash. Without thinking I dove and tackled her out of the way. Looking back up I saw the laser for a split second before I saw blood. I looked down at my chest and saw a hole right through my chest. I heard all the girls gasp and they all stared at me. I looked back at the unicorn in time to see him get hit with a purple aura and fall down unconscious. Then I started to feel the pain. I doubled over onto the ground coughing up blood. I looked up at Red Wing on the throne. He had an expression of surprise and joy on his face. I started to lose my sight, and I started to lose myself. I looked around once again and saw the girls crying around me. Some were shouting at me, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I couldn't feel anything. Looking back at the throne I saw Skies start to stir. She opened her eyes slowly looking first at Red Wing with fear and then she looked to me with a small smile on her face. Then she saw what condition I was in, and she gasped and shouted at me. She began to run towards my body, but was stopped as a chain around her neck stopped her. Red Wing got up from his throne and pulled on the chain bringing her back to him. He then kicked her in her chest causing her to fall over. I could see the joy in his eyes, and I could feel my rage building. I looked at the girls and with the little air I had left I told them to step back. They didn't seem to want to but the eventually did. I looked back at Red Wing who had stopped with Skies and was smiling at me. He thought he had just won, but actually he had just sealed his own fate.

PreviousChapters Next