• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,086 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,086

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Dinky trotted into the classroom over to her desk, where she found a note sitting. On that note, there was a poem with a word aritten downward and other words leading off of it. Twilight said that kind of poem was called an "accrostic poem".

Little grey foal, how you make my heart soar,
Other ponies should envy you; Nopony can compare.
Valiant and radiant as the shining sun, you're making me want more,
Everlasting light, approach me if you dare.

-Your Secret Admirer

Dinky felt her cheeks get hot, and suddenly felt as though she were being watched. She ingored it though, and smiled to herself, unaware of the pony who trotted over to her. She looked up and saw Sweetiebell standing right before her. Dinky never actually met Sweetiebell, but Dinky knew she was in the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Sweetiebell looked at the note and smiled.

"So Lit finally told you?" Sweetiebell asked. Dinky looked at her funny.

"Huh? Lit?" She asked. Who is Equestria was named LIT? Such a strange name...

"Valiant Literature? The colt who sits right back there?" She said as if it were obvious, pointing with her hoof at a colt sitting three seats behind her who had a golden coat and dark blue/black mane. It looked black inside, but when they were outside for recess, Dinky thought his mane looked like it had dark blue hgihlights. She liked that. He had his cutie mark for writing and reading, and it was an open book that looked like it was flipping through pages, as well as a quill that looked like it was about to write in it. Dinky blushed.

"He wrote this for me?" Dinky whispered. She looked at the poem, and felt her heart beat quickly. She liked him because he was smart just like her. Sweetiebell nodded and looked back at him, who was trotting over to Dinky now. Dinky gasped and fumbled with her mane. Valiant Literature was a unicorn just like she was, only he hardly used magic unless it was for writing or reading or looking for books. He knew some spells that had to do with writing too. Like if he couldn't find a synonym or antonym for something.Sweetiebell grabbed Dinky's hoof and giggled.

"You'll be fi-ine!" She sang as she trotted to her desk. Dinky blushed and stared at her hooves as Valiant came over. Dinky didn't look at him, she only listened.

"Hello, Dinky. Might I ask; did you... enjoy my poem?..." He was talking the way Dinky wished she could talk, but she was too scared ponies would make fun of her. His voice was so calm and soothing; the perfect voice for reading, she decided.

"Um... yes... it made me happy." Dinky said, blushing furiously. She allowed a smile to crack her face as she looked up at him from behind her mane. He like her. He really, truly liked her! And... did she like him? Or was it just that his... his gorgeous mane and... oh his beautiful eyes. His sky blue eyes made her want to have wings and fly through the clouds. She imagined him and her as pegasi, flying through the clouds together, even faster than Twilight's friend, Rainbow Dash. Suddenly, she realized she was staring into his eyes, and he was staring right bakce into HER eyes. Dinky's eyes were the same color as Mommy's; golden and shinier than the most expensive gold in Equestria.

"You... want to eat lunch together today?..." Valiant Literature said, blushing so hard it looked like he spills tomato juice on his cheeks. Dinky's pupils receeded and she blushed, looking at her desk once more.

"Um... yeah... sure..." Dinky said, trying to find the right words. All she could think of was "yes" or no". She couldn't think of words that would impress him. Suddenly, she got it!"

"Absolutely!" She thought to herself. "It's be my pleasure! That's what I'll say!" Right as she opened her mouth, Valiant Literature was already at his desk.

"Oh, pony feathers..." She mumbled to herself. "Way to go, Dinky."