• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,086 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,086

Chapter Two

Chapter two
Dinky walked into the classroom while the other fillies were talking and she took her seat behind a pony with an orange coat and a purple-ish pink-ish mane. Dinky liked Scootaloo because she didn’t have a cutie mark either! She was friends with two other fillies- Apple Bloom and Sweetiebell- and they had a secret club together. Well, not really secret, almost everypony knew about it; but Dinky thought it was cool that they had their own club. Dinky sighed. Mommy didn’t want Dinky to form her own club because they live in a treehouse and don’t have a yard. Dinky sighed and levitated her pencil to a piece of paper and began to doodle. She drew a picture of Mommy surrounded by bubbles while she was smiling.
“Alright class, settle down!” Ms. Cheerilee called in her big-pony voice. Dinky put down her pencil as Ms. Cheerilee walked over to the big blackboard. “Today, we’re going to learn how to do multiplication!” Dinky beamed. One time, a mare named Twilight Sparkle taught her how to do that when Dinky couldn’t figure out how many muffins she should share with the class when Mommy made thirty. Then Twilight taught her that in order to divide, you had to do division. Dinky sat up straight and mumbled to herself,
“Easy Peasy, one-two-threesy!” Ms. Cheerilee picked up chalk with her mouth and began to write on the board a problem. 2 x 2 =__
Dinky gasped. This one was the first problem Ms. Sparkle taught her how to do! Dinky shot her hoof in the air and waved it all around, making “ooh!”s and “oh!”s. Ms. Cherilee looked at Dinky is a funny way. It was the same way ponies looked at her when she said that Derpy was her mommy.

“Yes, Dinky?” She said in her high voice which Dinky loved.

“Um, can I solve it?” She said excitedly. All the ponies looked at her and there were a lot of murmur noises. Dinky felt herself get hot. She didn’t like ponies staring at her. Then she saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon staring at her, too. She ignored everypony anyway. Ms. Cheerilee started to stutter.
“But, Dinky… I haven’t taught you how to do it yet!” She said, confused.

“Ms. Sparkle taught me!”

“You mean Twilight Sparkle?”

“Uh huh.” Dinky looked at the problem and squirmed. She wanted to show everypony how smart she was, but Ms. Cherilee was taking forever!

“Well… I suppose you could-“ Before Ms. Cherilee finished her sentence, Dinky strode up to the board and levitated the chalk up and she wrote the number four. She turned around and stepped away from the problem so everypony could see how smart she was. She heard Diamond Tiara’s snort and Silver Spoon’s giggle follow a bit delayed.
“Big deal,” Diamond Tiara said in her mean voice which she used on ponies who made her feel scared. That’s what Mommy says, anyway. “So she can add numbers!” Silver Spoon giggled after and added on to Diamond Tiara’s mean words.

“Ya, I mean, Multiplying is basically adding!” All the ponies looked at Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara and laughed along with them. All except for Sweetiebell, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, who looked at Diamond Diara and Silver Spoon in a sad way, then back at Dinky. Dinky looked at Ms. Cherilee for help, but she just stared at Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara in a mad way. Then Ms. Cherilee snapped.

“CLASS!” She said in her angry-pony voice. The entire room became silent in an instant, and everypony froze, including Dinky. Ms. Cherilee never used her mean voice unless somepony was being super mean to Dinky. Ms. Cherilee was extra-sugary sweet to Dinky.
“Now that’s enough, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon!” She snapped. Dinky felt herself cowering and got a little scary feeling in her stomach, and her eyes got hot and felt water coming up. “You two are wrong. That problem is one of the problems you will all have to learn, and you should be grateful you have a pony in class who understands it!” Diamond Tiara scoffed at Ms. Cherilee while Silver Spoon tried to look cool, but Dinky could tell she was scared just like Dinky.
“Multiplying is NOT like addition, Silver Spoon.” Silver spoon cowered at her name, but straightened up when everypony started looking at her. Then Ms. Cherilee turned to Dinky and strode over to her, smiling. Dinky didn’t look at her teacher because she was shaking. Was she in trouble too? Was Ms. Cherilee gonna yell at her for letting her Mommy leave her home alone?

Dinky’s thoughts were interrupted with Ms. Cherilee’s head nudging hers gently and soothingly. Dinky liked it when ponies did it. It reminded her of Mommy.
“That’s right, Dinky!” She said in her happy voice again. Dinky looked up at her and smiled.

“I’m right?!” Dinky smiled as Ms. Cherilee nodded. Dinky galloped over to her desk and everypony stopped staring at her. She then picked up her pencil with her magic again and finished her drawing while she listened to Ms. Cherilee teach the class how to do something she had already learned.