• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,086 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,086

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Golden Chakra carried Dinky on her back, Dinky's body moving ever so slightly from each step she took. Dinky's body was still asleep. Chakra promised her brother she would take Dinky home after she woke up, but when Valiant Literature fell asleep, she coudln't pass up the opportunity to take Dinky back home. She still remembered Dinky's memories and was looking for the big tree library. She'd never been there, but she'd heard great things about the mare living there. They looked to be about Chakra's age.

Chakra found the house and crunched through the fresh-fallen snow. It was about five A.M., and she was worried she'd wake the lavendar-colored mare up. She shook the thought out of her head. This was the foal she was caring for, and she ran away! Why would they be upset with Chakra waking them up ? For that matter; Chakra knew that SHE wouldn't be able to sleep if her brother were missing. So she assumed they were awake, also judging by all the lights that were on.

Chakra knocked on the door, and she found that it wasn't even latched correctly. She looked trhough the crack to see a pony that was passed out on the floor, with a baby dragon sleeping soundly beside her. Chakra winced. They WERE sleeping. But she could tell they were worried. She felt it.

Chakra pushed open the door, and quietly knocked on it again as she walked in.

"Uh... *ahem*... hello?" She said rather loudly to get the mare's attention. The mare slowly awoke, and when she saw the pony, she jumped up and backed away.

"I swear! It wasn't my fault! I promise on behalf of Celestia!!" The mare had tears streaming down her face and she backed away from Chakra. Chakra's ears bent down. There was clearly a much deeper problem here.

"No! Wait! I promise I'm not here to do anything to you, I just..." Chakra started moving her hooves in a way to let the mare know she wasn't going to hurt her. The lavendar-coated mare looked at her, her pupils still the size of pins. Chakra turned ever so slightly to show her that she had returned the foal. The pony's eyes lit up as she fell on the knees of her hooves, sobbing on the floor.

"Oh thank you..." She sobbed breathlessly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" She sat there for a few minutes sobbing gratefully and Chakra waited there patiently in understanding. She'd had a breakdown similar to tha some years ago.

The mare stood, once more a little bit collected, and used her horn to lift the pony over to the rug in front of the fireplace, where the baby dragon was still snoring. The foal slept next to the dragon, and after a moment, the dragon cuddled up next to her, still sleeping. Chakra smiled and looked back at the tired mare.

"I'm sorry to have startled you," She smiled sadly while speaking in her soft, tender voice. "It's just that my brother found her lying in the snow bank during the awful snowstorm about two hours ago... And... well it's a long story." She sighed and remembered when her brother slammed the door open, the snowflakes and ice cold wind blew nearly all the candles out. She remembered him panting, and passed out on the floor from exhaustion. Chakra shivered. It scared her half to death.

"I understand." The lavendar mare replied, her voice shaky from crying. She took a breath and let it out slowly, seeming to look into the distance. Chakra had seen this before. Ponies often di it when they were worried. Often it happened whenever they needed an escape. Ponies all alike do it a lot, seeming to stare off into space. Golden Chakra didn't interrupt her. That would make Chakra a hypocrit if she snapped the pony out of it.

The dazed mare came back to reality, and shook her head, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I stared off into space for a second there." She laughed and smiled sheepishly. Chakra smiled and shook her head slightly.

"It's fine." She held out her hoof. "I'm Golden Chakra."

"Twilight Sparkle." The other pony replied as she placed her hoof on Chakra's. They shook hooves and Twilight Sparkle gasped. "Wait, did you say 'Golden Chakra'?" She asked. Chakra nodded. "Oh my gosh! You're the town buddhist! I'm a VERY big fan of your work!" Twilgiht Sparkle was beaming at Chakra, and she blushed.

"So you've read my spells?" She laughed.

"READ them? I practically MEMORIZED them!" Twilgiht Sparkle was grinning from ear to ear. Golden Chakra smiled back at the mare, and she giggled slightly.

"Well, you should come over sometime!" Chakra offered. Twilight's mouth was gaping, stuttering on words. Chakra laughed. That would CLEARLY be fine with her.

Twilight all of a sudden dropped the smile and turned to the foal. She was slightly moaning and got up, rubbing her eyes. She looked around for a little bit, and looked at Twilight Sparkle. She suddenly awoke with the jolt of her facial expression. She glowered at Twilight. She looked at Chakra too, and her face got red with anger.

"What am I doing back here?!" She asked, angry. Twilight back away slowly and tilted her face away. Chakra loooked back and forth between them. She was trying to help, but it seems that she'd made things worse.

"I thought I'd made it perfectly clear I didn't want to be here." She was almost growling at Twilight Sparkle, and Chakra saw that Twilight was ashmaed of something. Chakra sat down and closed her eyes. She sat in the Lotus position and focused, her horn aglow. Dinky turned to her.

"What are you DOING?" She asked, shooting her anger at anyone who angered her. The dragon started moaning, awakening, Chakra guessed.

Chakra ignored all these distractions, and felt herself starting to float into mid-air. She focused on focusing. (She was aware others might think that made no sense, but it made sense to her.) She started humming a monotone, and the room became dark, the only light was the white light coming from her golden horn. The light became brighter, and Dinky sheilded her eyes. She suddenly lost her anger, and became engrossed in the light of the mysterious mare's horn. She stared into it, as if she were staring into the face of Celestia. (Even though she was still mad at her.) The golden-colored mare floated up and up, until she was high enough she could just reach up slightly and touch the cieling of Twilight's library!

Finally, Chakra opened her eyes, and she unfurled her legs, floating on all fours. She opened her eyes and the light exploded from her horn, covering every inch of the room in a warm, fuzzy light that made Dinky forget her anger and made her want to smile. It was the smae warmth that came from her mommy's hugs.

After the light dimmed, Dinky opened her eyes and looked at Twilight. She suddenly got a sick feeling in her stomach. She did something really bad. She lowered her head and ears and walked toward Twilight, not looking at her directly out of shame and embarrassment.

"Um... Twilight?" Dinky said in her soft voice that Twilight always couldn't help but smile at. Twilight turned to the foal, and saw her eyes were very glossy. Twilight smiled sheepishly and pulled Dinky in to her and hugged, feeling her coat on her shoulder getting damp from Dinky's tears. Twilight looked at Chakra over Dinky's shoulder and mouthed "Thank you." Chakra nodded and galloped out the door, back home before Valiant would wake up and notice somepony was gone. Maybe Chakra could convince her brother that he's dreamed it?