• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,087 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,087

Chapter One

Chapter one
"Dinky! Muffins!" Called Dinky's mom from the kitchen. Dinky gasped and galloped down the stairs, thump thump thump thump thump. Dinky ran past the fireplace which had a yellow pony-looking doll sitting on it, with looked really old and tattered. She flapped her wings as hard as she could and jumped up onto the chair of the dining table. Dinky's mommy turned around with a big tray or golden muffins. Dinky gasped.

"Mommy! They look..." The gray mommy placed a golden muffin with brown spots all over, and the smell flew up Dinky's nostrils in a flash. Chocolate, sweet... It made her mouth water. "These look yummy!" She bit off the muffin top, and chewed the fluffy, cake-like texture. Her taste buds cowered at the wonderful sweetness of the chocolate chip. It tasted like there were fireworks in her mouth. She used her horn to levitate the milk over to her, and took a big gulp. The tasted of the milk balanced out the bitterness of the chocolate that was still in her mouth. It was delicious.

"Dinky, I have to take care of some mail today." Said mommy in her funny voice. She picked up the hot muffin tray with her oven-mit still in her mouth, and set the tray on the stove that she had just cleaned, and it showed the muffin tray in it's reflection. Dinky nodded as she finished her chocolate chip muffin, and drank the entire glass of milk. Mommy flapped her wings and flew out of the kitchen to the hat stand, where her mail bag was sitting. Dinky looked at mommy's wings, and shrugged as she levitated her empty glass to the sink.

As Mommy flew out, Dinky got her saddle bags and galloped out the open door, shutting it behind her with a kick. She galloped all the way the dirt road path and strode into central Ponyville. She had no friends, but she didn't mind. She knew everyone was scared about how Dinky might act because of how Mommy was, but she wasn't sad. She just thought if the other fillies in her class got to know her and she showed how smart she was, maybe she could make some friends and even join the Cutie Mark Crusaders!
Dinky sighed as she looked at her flank. Nothing. It was bare. Not even Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon noticed her. Well, she was actually grateful for that. They made everypony’s lives awful and sad, but Dinky had a strategy to not get them to notice her. She ate lunch in the classroom with Ms. Cherilee and went to recess after she ate, unlike the fillies who ate and played at the same time. Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara don’t eat lunch. They say that it will make them fat. But Dinky eats lunch every day! Why isn't she fat?
Dinky found herself in the Ponyville Schoolhouse playground the next moment she zapped to reality. She knew the entire way to the school and Mommy only helped her twice! Sometimes Mommy still walks to school with her, but when she does, the other pony’s don’t want to be around her. Dinky hears their whispers about how she messes up a lot, and she is “disabled.” Dinky didn't know what “disabled” meant, but it must be bad. But Dinky doesn't care. She loves her mommy, and Mommy loves her.