• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,087 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,087

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Dinky awoke to the sound of someone knocking on Twilight's door. Dinky slowly got off of her bed and trotted to the front door of the house, sleepily. When she opened the door, she was caught off guard to see Princess Celestia stadning on the front porch. Dinky flushed, knowing that she was standing in front of the mare who had the power to take her mother away. Suddenly she remebered the prayer that she had sent to Celestia, and became slightly angry. She forced herself to look directly at the Princess' face, and became resentful when she saw sadness in Celestia's eyes. Dinky held her angry words inside.

"Celestia..." Dinky said, bowing her head to show respect.

"At ease, Dinky." Celestia said kindly. Dinky stood and stepped to the side to allow the Princess in, who had no guards with her. Dinky felt confusion, but knew that the Princess was here for a reason. Visits from royalty weren't exactly considered... "normal"...

"Miss Dinky," Celestia said softly, pain and fear in her eyes. Dinky flinched at the sound of her name coming out of the Princess' mouth. "I came to apologize and clear up any... bad feelings that were resulted from my actions." Dinky looked at Celestia with disbelief.

"Princess, I'm just mostly confused." Dinky replied. "I mean, I am kinda mad, but I'm mainly confused; Did... did you ever get my prayer?" Dinky asked painfully. Celestia felt tears welling in her eyes at the sound of Dinky's high, innocent little voice. She knew what she had to do.

"Yes..." Celestia whispered. Celestia didn't meet Dinky's gaze, because she knew that dinky was about to cry. Celestia took a breath and smiled at the filly knowingly. "However, I've come to make things right." Celestia smiled. Dinky looked up at the Princess with confusion as the princess stood up straight and closed her eyes. She stuck her horn in the air and soon a light, golden glow surrounded her long, slender horn. Dinky watched Celestia work her magic in awe, and she heard rustling coming from upstairs, where she assumed Twilight was just beginning to wake up. However, Dinky paid no mind to it, because she could not bring herself to look away from Celestia. Her long, slender body and horn seemed to work together and make her look so beautiful. Her wings looked like the delicate angel wings that Dinky had seen other ponies dress up as for Nightmare Night. The golden glow made Celestia look as if she had a halo, and Dinky just wanted to reach her hoof up to her magical, flowing mane and touch the Princess to make sure she was real.

What seemed like hours later but was only a few mere seconds, Dinky saw a spiral of golden, sparkly magic hovering in mid-air. Dinky finally allowed her eyes to wander away from Princess Celestia and over to the magic that she had been conjuring up. Dinky watched as the spiral slowly grew, until it looked to be the size that could possibly be the same size as a grown-up pony. Dinky then noticed that the spiral started taking the shape of a mare's body, and the spiral slowly shifted into an actual pony. Then, Dinky saw that a mare had been brought into the room using that magic, and she could make out a golden mane that flowed magically. She couldn't make out any other colors other than the mane and tail. All she knew was the color of the hair and that the mane and tail were relatively long. Dinky watched as the mare's body hovered down to the wodden floor, and the golden glow that surrounded the body started to fade away until Dinky could make out a grey coat and yellow mane and tail. Dinky blinked numerous times, feeling tears well up.

"...Mommy?" Dinky asked carefully as she heard Twilight's hoof steps trot down the stairs. However, she stopped abrubtly when she saw the commotion going on in her home. Dinky watched the mare-who's eyes were still closed- intently and very closely.

Just then, the mare opened her eyes, and Dinky saw the familiar golden-colored, cross-eyed mare that she'd grown up with. Dinky gasped and burst into tears as she galloped toward Derpy. Derpy then registered what was going on and where she was, and started to cry as well, as she opened her fore-legs out for a hug, her mouth spread into a smile.

The two ponies collided, and they sobbed happily together, even though they were both having their moment in front of a princess and a very confused, purple-coated mare. Dinky finally allowed herself to breathe after shoving her face into her Mommy's coated shoulder in her hug. Derpy also wiped her tears and carefully stood, her crossed-eyes still glossy and full of happy tears. Dinky looked at Princess Celestia, tears still rolling down her cheeks with joy.

"Thank you, Princess Celestia," Dinky said in her small, innocent voice. "I knew you were a kind mare."

After Princess Celestia explained to her student, Twilight Sparkle, what had just happened, Twilight smiled as Dinky and Derpy both went into the temporary room that Dinky had been living in to pack her things. Twilight could hear Dinky laughing, and assumed that Derpy had done something clumsy, judging by the ever-so-famous phrase that she used whenever something went amiss, "I just don't know what went wrong." Twilight laughed quietly to herself.

"Princess, I must ask you, with all due respect," Twilight started carefully, so as not to disrespect her teacher or offend her. "Why did you separate them in the first place?" Twilight looked at Celestia with concern and confusion, a look that Celestia had recieved the moment Dinky laid eyes on her. Celestia sighed sadly.

"Well, I could tell you," Celestia started, smiling as she saw Dinky and Derpy hugging again and smiling in the bedroom out of the corner of her eye. "Or I could just say I had a change-of-heart, and leave it at that."