• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,086 Views, 27 Comments

Bubbles: Derpy's Return - RoxyMoronNERDy



The story of the life of Derpy's daughter and how she copes with her mother being unlike others.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,086

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Fluttershy nodded at my remark as someone knocked on the door. She looked out the window to see that it was still pouring rain. She made a strange face.

"Who could possibly be out in THAT?" She asked as she flew over to the door. I nodded agreeingly as i sipped more of my tea and taking a bite of a cupcake. I dropped my tea cup when I heard Fluttershy gasp in alarm. I looked at the pile of broken glass and quickly used a spell to reverse the break. "You look awful!!" Fluttershy cried. She slammed the door and I looked up at Fluttershy, who was carrying a small, muddy, scraped up baby dragon. I gasped and quickly stood and galloped toward Spike.

"Spike?! What happened?!" I asked in alarm. "Who did this to you?!" Fluttershy and I raced him to the bathroom to get him cleaned as he spoke.

"Dinky did it." He said as we set him in the tub full of warm water.

"Dinky? No, she wouldn't!" I washed his chubby face and scales as he refused to meet my gaze. Something was wrong. I froze. "Spike... Where's Dinky?..." I said slowly as Fluttershy came back with bandages. Spike turned his head away and crossed him arms in the now muddy bath water. I levitated him out of the tub and in front of my face. "WHERE. IS. DINKY." I repeated in a stern tone. Spike sighed and looked me in the eyes, his eyes getting glossy. I could see tears welling up. I hate it when others cry...

"She's going back to Canterlot." He said, his voice cracking. I dropped him back in the water, murky droplets scattering on the linoleum floor. I dropped on my flank and dropped my ears. Dinky? She's... She's on a train to Canterlot? Fluttershy interrupted my thoughts.

"We have to get her back!" She said in her soft voice as she lifted the clean dragon out of the tub. I snapped out of my daydreaming and turned to Fluttershy. I could still hear the pattering rain from outside.

"How? The only way is to-" A crash of thunder interrupted me and Flutteshy jumped, dropping the bandage she was about to put on one of Spike's cuts. I jumped as well and squealed a little along with Fluttershy. I continued after allowing my heart to slow. "Go out in THAT." Fluttershy got a new bandage and placed it on Spike's cut, being gentle with her touch. She seemed to be ignoring me. Probably becasue she knew if she got scared before she went out, she'd probably never be able to leave the cottage. Not to mention she lived right on the edge of the Everfree Forest...

"We've got to try." Spike said, agreeing as he jumped off of the edge of the tub. He walked to me and lept on my back, wincing at his scraped knee slightly touching my back leg. I sighed and lifted my head up high.

"I agree." I stated as I walked out of the bathroom. "Come on Fluttershy! Let's go get Dinky!"


Dinky stared out the train window as the train plummeted toward Canterlot. She was happy the trains never needed tickets, because she had no money. She sighed as she watched the droplets of rain hitting the window. She loved rain, but today it made her sad. She liked to be in it, but the rain reminded her too much of Mommy. Dinky turned and looked around the train. There were hardly any ponies other than herself. She noticed there were only two other ponies, and they were sitting together. She looked at the mare with the light blue coat and harp cutie mark. She recognized that cutie mark. Dinky didn't know where though. She then saw the mare was a unicorn with a white and blue mane. Dinky couldn't recall her name, but she knew the mare sitting next to her. The mare with the golden coat and dark blue and light pink mane owned a sweets shop just a ways passed Sugar Cube Corner. She believed her name was Bon Bon. Dinky looked at her cutie mark with the candies and sighed. Dinky had no special talent, as far as she knew, that is. She'd been a little preoccupied lately. Dinky didn't like not having a talent, because talents gave her something to do! She like drawing, but she also really liked reading...

Dinky snapped back to reality when she realized that she was still staring at them. Bon Bon and the light-blue-coated mare were staring back at Dinky, and she realized they must have asked her a question, judging by their expressions. Dinky blushed as she turned away, toward the window.

"Sweety, are you lost?" Bon Bon asked Dinky in her light, nice voice. Dinky shook her head as she continued to look out the window, watching as they spiraled up the mountain leading to Canterlot. Dinky then heard hoof steps as the light-blue mare walked toward her.

"Hey, I know you! You're the mail-mare's filly, right?" She asked, smiling nicely. Dinky looked back at her, showing no expression. Trying to look unreadable. Dinky was known by almost everypony. But she wasn't sure if she liked that...

"Sweety, what are you doing on the train by yourself?" Bon Bon asked again, slightly worried. Dinky turned away.

"Lyra, I think we need to help her get off." Bon Bon said in her nice voice. Dinky winced. Why was everyone getting in her way? She didn't want help! from ANY pony! She could feel Lyra and Bon Bon getting closer, and Dinky sat, hunched over, refusing to let their hooves touch her purple-gray coat. Suddenly, she snapped.

"NO!!" She cried, her voice powerful and angry. She felt tears stinging her eyes. She shook them away, refusing to let them show her soft side. "I am going to Canterlot!" She stared at them with her cold, golden eyes. Bon Bon and Lyra stared, shocked at the filly's outburst. The train seemed to shake with her voice, but she knew it was only the general rocking of the train hitting the train tracks.thumpety thumpety thumpety thump.

Dinky was sick and tired of everypony acting like she couldn't do it. Like she couldn't be a big pony! She WAS a big pony! She almost kissed a colt! Why was it such a big deal that she went to Canterlot?!

Dinky gallopped away, leaving Bon Bon and Lyra in a daze. She then felt the tears rolling as she galloped to the very last train car, and she walked into the caboose. The caboose was a lot more secluded that the regular train cars. It had seperate tables and chairs, and it even had a slight homey feeling to it. She liked it. She liked it a lot.

She collapsed in a big La-Z-Colt chair that was off by the big window that showed the pouring rain outside. She then burst into tears, every thing she'd been through and any stress she'd encountered. They all came off her shoulders in big, dropping tears. She slowly felt herself getting lighter. She'd felt a lot better about going on the train. She didn't really know where to go when the train arrived in her desired destination, but she knew that it would be fairly easy. She just had to find the hospital and get Mommy.

She wiped her tears as she stopped sighing and sobbing. Eventually, she sat in silence with nothing but the rain and train tracks filling her ear-drums. She looked down at her lap, realizing she hadn't grabbed her saddle-bag. The one that held her picture of Mommy and her. As well as her doll, Miss Derpy. Dinky felt heavy, trying to figure out something she could do, and quickly. The train was almost to Canterlot! She then remembered a spell that caused her most desired thing to come to reality. She was told to use it wisely, but that didn't stop her from wanting her bag back. It had things that she cherished most, and she couldn't live without them.

She stood, and focused on her most wanted thing. She wasn't very good at magic, but she had to try. She could feel the train cirling up the big mountain. She closed her eyes and focused, telling herself over and over in her mind the spell she was using, and the thing she wanted most. She repeated, my bag, my wish. My bag, my wish. Finally, she heard a slight tinkling noise and a little pop! she opened her eyes, and saw her bag, her doll, and her picture sitting in front of her. She smiled with joy and lept onto her bag, feeling even the book that she had left in there! She beamed and whispered to herself;

"I'm coming, Mommy."