• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,206 Views, 63 Comments

Why is life? - Daxisle



Mac and Spike accompany a friend to a forign nation to discover beyond the borders of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 63
 1,206

Feminism (Part 3)

Feminism Part 3

Mac stood with a look of shock. For all of the mental preparation he'd done, for all of the possible scenarios that had gone through his head last night, nothing had readied him for what awaited outside.

Star Shade had defiantly delivered on... something, for better or for worse. the girls all wore expressions of shock and appall, even Pinkie Pie bore the tell tale signs of being offended. Matter of fact, the only one who didn't seem surprised was Sin, who stood with a neutral expression.

A small crowed gathered around the make shift monument, each one just as angry as the last.

"I have to say, I'm disappointed." Sin called, breaking the silence between the travelers. "This is rude at best, not oppressive."

While the display itself was far from pleasing to look at, especially considering what it implied, Mac was far to engrossed in the fact that it's craftsmanship was astounding considering the time it had been made in.

The tall makeshift Discord was raising his lion's paw over his head with a hateful look, the object of his despise was the souloette of a familiar looking pony, crudely painted hot pink with a look of terror and pleading. While not precise, the effigy was detailed enough to send the misogynistic message the artist was trying to portray. If nothing else, the bubble text of "Get in the kitchen" emitting from the draconequus' mouth solidified that.

"How'd he make it so fast?"

"Cause I'm good like that."

They all looked behind to find the mentioned pony leaning against the wall of the inn wearing one of the smuggest expressions Mac had ever seen.

'Wow. He really take pride in this doesn't he?'

"You think that's funny?!" Twilight exclaimed before trotting up to batpony for a proper scolding. "You think mares getting hit is comical?"

Shade's confidence never wavered, he smirked at the lavender unicorn for a moment before looking up to crowd again. "You haven't even seen the best part yet." He walked past Twilight and eyed Sin. "And I assure you, it wont disappoint." He smiled evily and approached the crowed to hear the critiquing of his work.

Big Mac wanted to be angry, he wanted to see this as unacceptable and lacking any sense of comedy. But when contrasted with the billboards of Stallions being held on leashes and kissing a mare's hind-hooves, there was a certain sense of comedic justice to be admired.

"Ah can't believe this!" Applejack seethed.

"Really?" Sin replied turning to her. "This really surprises you? Really?"

"Ah knew he wa'nt righ' in tha head, but this is too far!"

"She's right." Twilight agreed. "Shade may be insane, but there is no excuse for this."

"Aw, you guys are being way to sensitive." Proclaimed Rainbow Dash.

All of the ponies looked at her incredulously.

The cyan mare rolled her eyes. "Look around," she motioned, "there's pictures of stallions being degraded all over and stuff. I didn't hear you all complain too much about that, but now that it's a mare being put down, suddenly the line's been crossed?" She quirked a brow.

Wait, Rainbow Dash, the one Mac would have sworn to be the feminist of the group; was sticking up for equality in terms of gender based pot shots? Yea, he needed a moment to process that one, considering the way she acted in Ponyville nine or so months ago. Apparently so did everyone else.

Their stunned silence made her facehoof and explain that the city had misandristic themes all around. During the intervention on Sweet Apple Acres, she had realized that she had treated Sin the same way Mac had treated her when he was angry, yet she felt justified in her actions while believing he should have been demonized. How fair was that?

And suddenly Mac felt a lot better about his lack of complete hate for Shade's work.

"But still." Twilight pipped. "Violence is never acceptable. Not by any means."

Rainbow looked around. "And I don't see any Twi'."

All it was, was a sculpture of poor taste. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Ah'll give ya tha'." Applejack cleared her throat. "Bu' Ah just can't say this is ok, ya know?"

"Emotionally thinking, you'd be justified." Sin interjected, earning a skeptical glare. "However, logically, I'm afraid you'd lack any real backing. As Miss Dash explained: The city does hold a largely sexist theme, in large; it's just piece of red colored idiocy within a larger blue colored idiocracy. The color doesn't matter, the fact is: stupid is as stupid does."

Mac nodded in agreement while his sister thought it over. The debate could be strung out to individual's being offended and what not, but he knew how it would end. During their travels, Sin had yet to loose a debate. A fact that neither AJ or Twilight were too pleased with.

Twilight, things had gotten awkward between the two of them. He wasn't sure how to approach her now, was it even ok? With the way Spike was? He'd been getting better, but; he just didn't know.

No, no more not knowing. Buck it! Buck it all! Today would be the day, today would be the day he would finally ask where they stood.

"WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MISOGYNISTIC ABOMINATION!?" A mare cried in disgust.

'I guess I'll have to ask her later today' Mac thought as he fought back the urge to laugh at Shade, who comedically, and proudly, trotted up to the mare and announced his creation.

"I give you, Le Equality Alijandra." He said cheerfully. "I call it one of my finer pieces."

The olive mare snarled. "Oh, so you're the artist responsible for this garbage?"

"I WILL BEAT YOU WITH AN UGLY STICK!" Eye twitch. "Well, I could." He shrugged apathetically. "but that would be rather pointless considering you already look like an over aged dragon with one hoof in the grave."

The girls jaws dropped to paved streets while Sin and Spike both burst into hushed snickers. Mac and Ace stood awkward, he didn't want to laugh, that was a very cruel joke... But the expression on the green ponies face as well as those around her, was tempting him.

"I'll ask you once." She said through clenched teeth. "Remove this abomination immediately."

Shade's smile turned into a mock frown. "But, you haven't even seen the best part of it."

At this point two griffins clad in black jackets had entered the scene and confronted the two. Triple M. agents by the look of em.

"Alright what's going on here?" One asked, the voice obviously male. The mare tried to down talk the construct and argue how it should be destroyed and removed. Shade however, wasn't to keen on the idea. After a few minutes of fruitless arguing and many more angry mares coming to give their two bits on it. The pegasus, surprisingly, admitted defeat.

"Alright," He placed his front hooves up in a sign of surrender, "You want it taken down, you take it down yourselves." Calmly, the insane pony retracted himself from the crowd and waltzed up the stairs passed the Equestrians. As he walked, Mac could have sworn his somber expression turned into a sly smirk before entering the inn.

"Well go on!" Cried a voice from the enormous crowd below. "Let's get rid of this trash!"

A cheer erupted and the mares and stallions below attacked in a bombardment of hooves and claws against the defenseless display.

"We might wanna get inside." Sin hastily walked into the doorway and motioned for the others to quickly follow.

Yea, Shade gave that up way to easitly. Mac was the last one in, once the door closed, a loud KABOOM the ground from outside, accompanied by the sound of sloshing and screaming ponies.

Shade's cackling turned them to the window.

"Ugh, what is that stuff?" Pinkie asked ruffling her nose at the white, goopy substance that littered the towns square and all of its inhabitants. Mac's stomach churned, he wasn't sure he wanted that question answered.

Shade began to calm himself down and stood straight just as the shock wore off. Screaming and suggested Federalists ran and complained, each trying to get very degrees of white off of them.

The insane mastermind of the plot stood stoic and unimpressed now. 'Wait what?' He shrugged at his work and turned to his companions. "Ready to leave when you are."

The equine's watched wide eyed as the somber stallion trotted off back to the stairs and began to ascend to the room. Mac thought he'd seen some pretty weird mood swings in his time, but going from bellowing laughter to a kind of angry apathy? That was definitely a new one.

"Rude and disturbing," Sin shrugged, "but still not oppressive."

Was he... Disappointed? Sin, the practical Anarchist; was hoping for oppression? Mac couldn't hold his tongue on the matter any longer. It was one thing to be ok with Shade doing his own thing, but Sin wanting it was something else entirely. When confronted with the issue, Sin smiled and replied: "Consider this one of my many moments of hypocrisy."

Unbelievable. Mac could only shake his head as the stallion followed his charge. The ponies began to return to their rooms to pack up, this situation obviously would call for departure. Though, something stopped them all in their tracks.

"Take my load to your face?"

"Wha was tha', sugar cube'?" Applejack asked.

Pinkie repeated what she said and motioned to a not that had stuck to the window. After holding back the urge to gag, all of the ponies had their turn to read. It was true, it really did say that. But what did it mean? Ace didn't seem to be as clueless as the rest of them, as he failed to retain the snicker that forced themselves on him.

"What?" Pinkie asked furrowing her brow in thought.

"Pft... You don't-" Snicker, "-wanna know." With that he finally burst out laughing. Mac could only look on in confusion as the Golden pegasus continued on his way, snickering like a mad mare. "That is so wrong on so many levels."


"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE HASN'T REACHED VICKORS YET?" Malich yelled slapping the cold coffee from his desk.

"I'm sorry sir." Replied a wide eyed griffin. "He reports claim he's still in-"

"Forget it." The business pony replied before sitting down and massaging his temples. 'Why wasn't he moving? He should have been half way to the capital by now! What was keeping him? And how had those other ponies return to his side with out any of my agents seeing them? There is great magics in the world, but that one just doesn't add up!

Things weren't going the way Malich had planned. He shouldn't have been surprised though, considering with whom he was dealing.

"What can we gather from their conversations?" He asked calmly.

The griffin cleared his throat. "Typical Islander sir. Philosophy, opinion and giving the basic history of the Federation."

"Basic history?" Malich said thoughtfully. Is he giving them some kind of tour or something? Wait, that's exactly what it sounded like. Why would he do that? Fuck it, we don't have time for this!

His train of thought was broken by his subordinate.

"Also sir, a message has arrived for you from the Griffin National Relations Minister." He pulled a scroll out from within his black coat and held it out.

The grey earth pony groaned. Of course, how could he have forgotten? He was supposed to have a lunch to discuses moving the Triple M. head quarters to Columbus and the whereabouts of the Judgement. At first, both the Prime Minister and the Minister of National Relations seemed thrilled to have it. Triple M. had been very good for the state's economy. -And with their ban on mining for gems, the copious amounts of unearthed precious stones would be of mutual benefit- However, the public in Nimbus, the capital, has been in an uproar over a certain treasure of the clouds that had gone missing.

An air ship that now lay in ruin off the City of Trottingham in Equestria. Once word had gotten out that the battle zeppline had been on loan to the company; thousands burst into a protest to know the location of one of their state most renound treasures. It's reconstruction had begun the moment the deal was struck with the griffin's government, just in-case anything went wrong, and how happy he was that he'd heeded taken the precaution.

The replica would be complete within the week if the schedule held true, and with any luck, the Columbians would be none the wiser for it. Fortunately, extensive photographs and diagrams had been taken along with: Shades of dilapidation, wood erosion, color, damage, and miscellaneous details that could also be recreated. Other worldly powers willing, this would work.

He'd only meant to borrow the ship to copy the design, but the fucking Bloody Sky Captains were spotted not even a days trot from the analyst station. Those anarchist bastards had been undercutting his prices for long range shipping all over the country. With a fully functioning airship at his disposal, he'd seen an opportunity to end their workings once and for all, while at the same time; sending a discouraging message to not only any entrepreneurs who might wonder into the same venture, but to all others of the Syndicate.

Needless to say, his plan had failed. Though, a far more important silver lining did come of it.

A smile crossed his lips as he thought about the newest weapon that the Judgement's fall had inspired.

A weapon unlike the world had ever known. The most powerful of magical blasts would be easily dwarfed in comparison. With this new technology under his patent and the possibilities it wrought, by Bluecloak, what little combat producer competition Triple M. had would be blown out of the market... (Metaphorically and Literally)

Hopefully, his vision would be made a reality with in the month. He couldn't wait to observe the prototype in action.

"Sir?" His thoughts were broken yet again. And ones he enjoyed no less!

He nodded and took the parchment. "Thank you Stromwell. Is there anything else?"

'Powers that be help you if there is.'

"Just authorization to clear out a new band of Zeboricans who've taken refuge in the northern point of the Vale." Stromwell shrugged. "Past that, nothing sir."

Ah, the Zebra's... He owed them a debt really. Had it not been for the Zeborica immigrants intrusion in the Vale; Triple M. would never have come to be the mega corporation it was today. Even if meant changing a company policy or two. Not that it would be fair to say that none of the other: Well timed and well executed business moves that his father and he had made were nothing. As a matter of fact, it was because of them that they began expanding outside of the "M" guidelines and into transportation after Voltare's Reloaction stocks plummeted to near worthless.

"Yes." He nodded. "You have my authorization." He looked over the initial request packet that lay on his desk. The client; North Equine Councilman; La-Chance was quite a despicable character, but he always delivered on his owed favors.

The earth pony grabbed a quill and a stamp and gave his signature and a the stamp mark of approval. With that, he handed the documents to Stromwell, who gave a quick solute before dismissing himself from the study.

Malich took his seat and leaned back. Some thought it was easy being rich and powerful, but damn are they wrong. Between keeping up appearances, maintaining a corporate empire, not falling behind on the politicians and figure heads meetings; there was far more stress than he knew what to do with.

Well, all he would need to do is set up a day next week to meet with the National Minister with the "Judgement" in tow, show it to be with out a scratch and wait for the skepticism of the griffins to die down. The field agents would take care of the zebras, and he'd just set up a meeting to inform Thornberry that her resignation would need to be delayed for a time. His brother would come eventually, and Malich had a few ways to hurry the process along.

He yawned and placed his forehooves behind his head.

Not too much to worry about past that...

His eyes shot wide as a low screech shot from outside his door. "No." He he growled.

He waited in pain staking silence, a feeling of dread coursing through him. It couldn't be, he would have heard about her coming. He would have gotten some kind of warning, right?

The business pony's body was caught in clawing tension, as he sat in silence, he began to wonder if what he heard was just a figment of his imagination. Maybe he'd been stuck up in the study too long? Or under too much stress! Yea, that was it. The stress of the past month had just been getting to him.

His heart sank as he heard that screech again, that failed abomination of an attempted melody. "Fuck me." he slammed his hoof onto his face and awaited the inevitable.

Sure enough, the door burst open with a portly unicorn mare standing in the door way with half lidded eyes, too much make up and the stench of pretentious ditziness that only the thing in front of him could delude herself into thinking was acceptable.

"Maaaaliiiiiiiiich!" She 'sang' with an oblivious smile before waddling in.

The aforementioned couldn't help but cringe and fantasize about how good nails on a chalk bored would sound right now. Lady Fachitaz, heir to the Fachitaz Bank. One of, if not the most, prestigious and well off businesses in the entire Federation. The only who's power actually exceeded Triple M.'s own. His father had been in good standing with the Fachitaz family ever since Triple M.'s initial loan from them. As consequence to maintain said relationships, Malich had to put up with... Her.

There were certain qualities Malich respected: intelligence, resourcefulness, competence, wisdom, determination and being able to take a god damn hint! Qualities that he liked to be surrounded by and rely on. Qualities that would give her a head ache just to think about.

At least, she was too dimwitted to understand the concept of sarcasm.

"Malich, it has been to long." She said in a mix between a cheerful and snobbish tone.

"An opinion if I'd ever heard one." He replied politely, putting on a large smile and walking around the desk. "What do I owe this," he hesitated, "pleasure?"

The Lady chuckled, placing a hoof to her mouth. "I was holding a little swarey in the Centaur Palace this evening, and would, Oh so love it, if you would be my escort."

Malich stared blankly. the last time he'd gone anywhere with this pearl clad walrus; her single hoofed dysfunction had: Destroyed a small business pony's chance at a much needed loan proposition, terminated seven well intentioned security guards, mocked relations between North Equine and Vain, destroyed two hundred Minotaur antique battlements worth millions, and branded he himself, as a potential terrorist of the Minotaur state.

It took him months to smooth things over to the point where he wouldn't be shot on sight of entering the territory. And he didn't even do anything!

"Yea, I'm going to have to get back to you on that." He said unconvincingly before turning back to his desk. The business pony considered himself unmovable, calm and cool at all times; such was the way of maintaining a big business. But this, this accursed abomination to not only ponykind, but sentience itself made his blood boil something fierce.

"Awww, come now Malcih." The Lady whined, "Every time you've said that, I haven't heard back from you."

'One could only wonder why, Lady Fatass.'

The executive pony tried to explain that he had a very full scheduled that couldn't be moved around, emphasizing that it must be he personally, to attend the affairs. The mare's golden orbs of skepticism made it truly difficult to maintain a pleasant and polite tone.

Fachitaz rolled her eyes and droned before she decided to take a look around the study, and give her unwanted opinion. "I must say," She crinkled her nose at the recently spilled coffee. "You spend far too much time in here."

"Yea, bunch of fucktards like you out there."

The two exchanged a few more passive aggressive quips before the unicorn sighed. "Very well," She said in mock dejection, "I suppose I'll just have to have a talk with father about our companies current arrangements." She gave a sly smirk.

'You cheeky bitch'

"Now, now." Malich chided. "There is no need for that." He'll get her for this, she may have been to stupid to realize that hummingbirds don't commit suicide, cut off their own heads, stick it in their owners mouths at night and write threatening messages on the mirror in their own blood; but he'll figure out something. Something that would get the message across that he was NOT to be trifled with.

"So you'll come?"

Malich chocked down the rage endued bile that threatened to muffle his words. "Yes." he nodded.

"EXCELLENT!" Fachitaz exclaimed before jumping in the air. She gave the date, time and place for the congregation
and blew the earth pony a kiss goodbye.

Once he was absolutely sure the mare was gone, he rushed over to the "happy drawer" and pulled out a two bottles of strong liquor. He studied the "75%" on the side of the bottle for a moment than sighed. "Just not strong enough."

Author's Note:

End of the Feminist part.

A bit unsatisfying? Sorry to say; the fact that I could right about it disturbs me greatly.

Any way, ON WITH THE PLOT!