• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 9,638 Views, 433 Comments

Touching Rainbows - dontexistanymoresorry



The story of a mare out of place, and a boy trapped in his own

  • ...
51
 433
 9,638

Flight

The rays of light press on my face with their light, heating my head and forcing me to awake.

God I love weekends.

Saturday morning, 12:30 PM, not bad, certainly not a contender in the record however, held by Collin standing at an impressive 3:13 PM. I sit up, chest barren of an undershirt, must’ve forgotten about it last night. I look around my room like many times before, I love my room. People are always surprised when they see it, not because of its surplus in size, because of its lack of size. My father and I give the nicest bedrooms to guests, and we sleep in smaller rooms, with less extravagant surroundings.

I’ve elected sleeping on the top floor, the ceiling slanted on both side, where I hang up posters of bands, Pegasus Bridge, Guns n’ Roses, Led Zepplin, Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters, and other bands of the sort. I also have this Phish blanket hanging on one of the walls. The room itself is probably no larger than an average attic. I have my cabinet of clothes on the side, and a chest full of extension cords, guitar pedals, midi keyboards and other things of the sort next to my bed.

I get up and walk to the doorway leading to the little hallway outside my room, where it splits into two other rooms, a studio, and a bathroom. I walk down to the bathroom and undress as I turn on the hot water faucet. I step in and feel the warm water pounding on my back, suddenly stimulating my nerves, okay, now I’m definitely awake.

I finish my shower and go back to my room with a towel around my waist, and select some clothes. A white grey undershirt, a tan sweater, and a pair of slim dark blue jeans. I throw on my Doc Martins and walk over to my window. I open it and go through to reach the balcony beneath it. I slide down the shingled roof, and land rather roughly on the balcony.

“Oh wow, hey!” Rainbow says to me in surprise. Jesus how the hell did she get here? She knows about this spot? I look down the length of the balcony, and see an open window, must’ve used the same methods as me.

“Uh, hi, you come through the window?”

“Yeah, wanted some fresh air. I think I got this whole new walking and grabbing thing down.” She says smiling.

“Heh, you catch on quick, how’s the wing doin’?”

“Feeling great, I tried flying this morning-”

“Holy hell you shouldn’t be flying yet! You gotta-”

“It’s fine, I feel great, really, I think I just twisted it, it feels a lot better now, honestly. The guest bedroom sorta a mess now though, didn’t think I’d make that much wind with a hover.”

Holy fuck she can fly. But jeez, she really shouldn’t be, I mean. She could hurt herself.

“You don’t look to happy ‘bout me flying. Here, let me set those worry’s to rest.” She says. She back up as far as she can go, and prepares to bolt.

“Rainbow, wait! You really shouldn’t” She bolts forward and leaps off the balcony. I rush to the edge and look over, she’s angled her body towards the wings are flowing with her fast descent.

“RAINBOW!” I yell as she accelerates even faster, nearing the earth beneath us.

Then, her wings expand and flex, sending her flying forwards at unimaginable speeds. The cargo pants and sweat shirt did little to slow her speed as she continued to gain speed with each flex of her wings. She angles her wings, turning herself around and she shoots herself towards the mansion. My eyes widen at her blinding speed, and as she approaches the mansion, she seems to brace, and upon what would be near impact, she musters her strength and redirects her path directly upwards towards me. I jump back from the edge, landing on my rum as she shoots high up into the sky, sending my hair back from her passing. She hovers after she was around 50ft above me. She looks down and smiles at me, she then fly’s down and gracefully lands a few feet in front of me.

“See, good as new!” She says, shifting her weight to one leg and resting her hand on her hip.

“My god Rainbow that was incredible!”

“Heh, thanks, normally I could go faster, but I don’t wanna go too hard on the wing. I’ve broken a wing before, no fun.”

“I would imagine, never really broken a bone in my body before, not looking forward to it. Hey, you eaten yet? I’ve only just got up, so I could go for some stuff.”

“Nah, I could use some grub.”

“Awesome, c’mon, let’s head downstairs.” I guide us back to her window, easier to get to then mine, and we climb through. Through the door, down the large staircase, and into the kitchen.

“What do you crave this morning?” I ask her in a joking tone.

“Uhh, a PB n’ J I guess.”

“Then a sandwich it is.” I collect the needed ingredients for this magnificent delegacy as well as some cereal for myself. I make the sandwich and the cereal, and as I do so, I see Rainbow in the corner of my eye watching me. As if taking in everything I’m doing like it’s totally unreal and incredible. I try not to let her know that I’m noticing. She just keeps looking at me in this incredible way, her eyes just pouring her soul out for me to see. I wish I could turn around and just look at her to; I haven’t had much of a chance to really take in her physique. Her beautiful cyan coat, her rainbow mane that just seems to flow with its colour, and her hands. Her hands were so soft, yet wielded some greater power in them.

Sandwich is done, I slice in half and turn to give it to her, she changes her expression immediately to one more casual.

“Thanks Kit, I’m starving.” She says as she begins to nosh down on the sandwich. I begin my cereal. Fuck, I’m gonna have to brake this mood. Have to find out where she came from. What she is, and how she got here. Fuck, but I’m totally diggin’ this! Goddammit. After this, I’ll get that goin’. After this… Man this is good cereal.

God I love Cheerios.