• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 9,609 Views, 433 Comments

Touching Rainbows - dontexistanymoresorry



The story of a mare out of place, and a boy trapped in his own

  • ...
51
 433
 9,609

Wounds

“Shit.” I say to myself, seeing Discord fly overhead towards the house.

Alright… should I go get Rainbow? No no, she’s having so much fun over there, I can’t just tear her and Pinkie away for something like that! Besides it’s not like she’s necessarily ‘fond’ of him. I’ll just have to walk out. No one will see, there’s too much commotion.

I start to walk towards the edge of the party, narrowly avoiding conversation and activities. Eventually, I make it, and I think I managed to avoid all things blocking my path or things that could come back to bite me later.

I continued to walk away from the party, the music died slowly as I crept on towards the house. I could still here Rainbow laughing though, perhaps just in my head… I wish she could just be here, WITHOUT any weird shit like Discord and the war or whatever. God, what the hell is that war even about, honestly! Why did none of them speak until now!? Or fight rather. Whatever.

As the last sound from the party left earshot, I launched myself into a dash, running home as fast as I could. I saw the house in the distance as I passed the gates, Discord was outside, with someone else, wearing a white dress, tinted with gold. Who the hell is this? She’s pretty human, nothing like Rainbow or any other anthro… She’s like Discord.

POP!

I collapse to the floor, feeling uneasy, like I was just punched in the stomach.

“Gosh maybe that wasn’t such a great idea, hmm…” Discord says as he picks me up with his free hand, propping me on my feet.

He must’ve teleported me over here… I’m right next to him… God fucking dammit that hurt a ton…

“A little warning next time, who’s the girl?” I say impatiently.

“This,” Discord replies, “This is Princess Celestia, I had to bring her back here… Equestria’s fallen… Princess Luna was killed saving her sister, poor little Moona…” He sheds a tear, and sniffs sadly before continueing. “They won’t be staying here don’t worry, not at your home, no. Somewhere else, I’ll build a fortress where we can continue to plan a counter assault-”

“There will be no such thing.” Celestia says to Discord, still in his arms, “We have no power to do so…besides you’re injured.”

I look over to Discord, he doesn’t turn his head, I walk around him to face him. I gasp a little, seeing a destroyed eye. The whole right side of his head was destroyed, his eye obliterated, his skin scorched and tarnished, and his skull visibly cracked.

“It takes a lot to kill a god, Kit.” Discord says calmly. “The Griffons have weapons like yours, magic is only so effective.”

“W-Why don’t you just heal yourself? And then kill them with your magic?” I say frazzled.

“Quite simple, actually… Magic isn’t just silly incantations and potions, it all derives from ones aura, the thing responsible for your soul being bound to your body. Aura, is what determines you being alive. If your body is damaged, and your Aura isn’t trained, your soul isn’t as tightly latched to this world, and you’ll begin to transcend to Valhalla, or heaven have you. Aura is also what’s responsible for magic, seeing how your soul is an endless supply of energy. With a trained Aura, one can then channel their soul to create magic. If you have been injured, your aura isn’t as powerful, it must recover, which is difficult if you are still injured. The more injured you are, the less powerful your aura is. Celestia and I have very powerful and trained aura’s, but if we’re hurt, so is our aura. Our magic is limited by our condition, that’s why the Griffons teamed up with the Changelings, so that the Changelings can use magic, while the Griffons take the front lines and damage OUR magic. It’s quite clever.”

“A-alright, but can’t you still kill them?” I ask again.

“Well yes, but killing someone is very difficult with magic, you have to strip them of their aura, whether it’s by incantation or conjuration. However, doing it by means of regular combat is quite easy. See, no matter how powerful your aura is, your raw soul is always more powerful. And just doing what you’re doing now is all soul, no need for the aura to do anything. It’s marvelous.”

I sit down, and take a few stares at Discords injury, he doesn’t seem to mind. Then he starts to get a little a bothered so he starts to look around, and since there’s no eye there… the right side of his head is just flesh and muscle moving around. It’s rather disgusting, naturally I turn away, and Discord laughs to himself. Even when suffering a painful wound, he puts it aside for laughter.

“So what’s going to happen… Are you guys not going to leave? Equestria’s theirs for good?” I say curiously.

“No.” Celestia says through a musk of sadness and weariness, “No we will return, they can’t do this. They’ll soon see that Chrysalis can’t control both Sun and Moon.”

“But what if she can.”

“Well… Then we’ll simply have to take it back… It will cost us, but not as heavily as it will cost them. We can’t let our homeland fall to such barbarians.”

“How do you intend to fight back?”

She sighs, “Unfortunately with the requested aid of your nations power. We fear that they’ll expand once all of Equestria is under their control. But we have no such methods of infiltrating Equestria in this moment… It may come to inter-dimensional warfare…”

I bury my head in my arms, what on earth could happen? They won’t be able to take on our country? Right? They have magic, but Discord said that magic isn’t as powerful when damaged. We can take them, but all the death that will follow… Also they’ll have every able bodied person designing and building new weapons for them, so they may just be equally fitted for combat… Fuck… why me… Oh I know… because of her, because of Rainbow…


But why like this…

I look back up, they’re both gone, not even a trace of their being here.

“Hey Kit! Where’d you go off to!? I was getting worried you went off to go be emo or something!” Rainbow says in a laugh, as she runs towards me, much slower than usual, seeing how she’s in her dress.

I look to her, and I feel the weight and value of all I learned lay heavy on Rainbows shoulders. As soon as her eyes linked with mine she felt the weight of it, she made a few step closer to me before her knees buckled. She was a few feet away from me. She didn’t know what I had learned, but that is was something great, and laced with heaviness. She shuffled over to me, not breaking her kneel, and hugged me. I raised my arms, feeling heavier than before, and lay them around her.

If war came…

What would happen to us…

Where would we be?

“Kit, Oh man… It’s just one thing after another with you, isn’t it?” She said laughing. “I saw Discord fly off with Celestia, I didn't know whether you saw them or not, but I guess you did huh.”

“Yea… they told me about impending war… I hope we can avoid it…” I say to her, thousands of awful scenarios playing throughout my head of losing her to war. “If we win… Will you have to leave?”

I said it…

I said it…

“I-I… I don’t…” She says, uncertainly, “I don’t think we’ll win… But I think we’ll stop them. We’ll still be here, I’m pretty sure.” She says, hugging me tighter.

I believe it… We’ll fight, it’ll come. But it’s not coming soon… I want to live until then, before we have to settle this conflict.