• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 7,681 Views, 122 Comments

The Birth of a Beautiful Friendship. - ROFLBED0

  • ...
36
 122
 7,681

The Birth of a Beautiful Friendship

The automatic sliding doors parted to make way. A unicorn mare was being pushed inside in a wheel chair. She let out a groan of pain as she made her way in. Her name was Dazzle and she had just gone into labor.
“Relax honey, you’re doing just fine.” Her husband said as she pushed her.
“Oh, shut up Orion just get me to the painkillers.” she said between her screams.
She wrapped her hooves around her enlarged belly are she was rolled inside.
“Can we get a doctor, please?” Orion said as he pushed his wife into the lobby.
Following behind them was a white unicorn colt. He slowly walked behind them as he too made his way into the hospital. He wasn’t happy, not happy at all. In the weeks leading up to this, it had seemed like his parents hadn’t said five words to him. All that anyone had done was about the foal. The colt’s name was Shining Armor.
Orion pushed the wheelchair to the receptionist desk.
“Help my wife has gone into labor!” Orion more or less screamed.
The mare behind the desk press a button on her phone and spoke into the speaker.
“Doctor Red Cross to the delivery ward. Doctor Red Cross to the delivery ward.”
The mare then opened a file a pulled out a form.
“There’s a little information I need to you two to fill out first.” The mare said handing Orion some papers.
“Can’t it possibly wait?” Dazzle said, holding back tears.
“Sorry it’s required.” The mare at the front desk said.
Orion levitated a quill and began to furiously fill out the forms. Dazzle let out another scream as she grabbed her belly. Orion finished with the paper and handed them back to her. At that moment, a nurse came and escorted the wheel care
into the operating area.
Orion looked back to his son who was sitting in the lobby reading comics.
“Shining come on.” Orion called out to him.
Shining shot his dad a glare and went back to reading his comic.
Orion trotted over to him and wrapped a hoof around his shoulder.
“What’s wrong?” Orion said.
“I just wish a day could go by without hearing about that stupid foal.” Shining said with his hooves folded.
“I know it seems like you haven’t gotten any attention, I’m truly sorry. It’s just that you mother and I just need to make everything ready for our family.”
Shining just sighed and said “Whatever.”
Orion became angry with his son but knew he was needed elsewhere.
Shining went back to reading his comic book.


Dazzle was being rushed into another room.
“How far till the room?” Dazzle screamed as the foal in her rocked and rolled.
“It’s just up here."
Orion was suddenly back at her side.
“How are you doing?” He asked as he trotted along at her side.
Dazzle just screamed and Orion got the picture.
The nurse that had been pushing the wheel chair brought them into a room. She was given a hospital gown to dress into.
She was pushed up to the bed and Orion and the nurse lifted her onto the bed.
“Please nurse, can I get some painkillers?” Dazzle pleaded.
The nurse moved over to an IV bag and loaded it with painkillers. The nurse than ran a tube from the bag that ended in a needle. She took the needle and inserted it into Dazzle’s hoof.
She winced a little as the needle entered her but then relaxed as the soothing feeling of the medication was starting to take its affect.
“Dazzle are you gonna be alright while I step out for a moment?” Orion asked.
Dazzle nodded slowly.
Orion followed the nurse back into the hallway. She showed him to a closet containing sterile masks, gloves and jackets. Orion got suited up and returned to his wife.
The medication was starting to wear off and Dazzle’s pain was returning.
“Orion she’s coming” she said grabbed his hoof and squeezed.
Orion tried to comfort his wife as she strained. He took a rag and wiped it across her forehead. A few tears flowed down her cheek.
“You’re doing just fine.” Orion said.
“If… you ever…. get me….pregnant again…I swear….I will cut you.” Dazzle said furiously.
Dazzle breathed quickly and squeezed Orion’s hoof as hard as she possibly could. At that moment a doctor entered the room. He came in holding a file.
“Alright Dazzle, how are you doing?” Doctor Red Heart said as he came to Dazzle’s side.
“AAAHHHHHH” Dazzle said as she let out a terrifying scream.
“Alright I’ll take that as okay. Alright Dazzle I’m going to have to ask you to spread your legs.”
Dazzle didn’t say anything in defiance. She placed her legs onto the pedals of the chair and tried to relax. Orion grasped his wife’s hoof.
“Okay Dazzle, I need you to push.” Red Cross said.
Dazzle tried to push but tired herself out and began to breathe heavily.
“Okay push Dazzle.” Red Cross said again.
Dazzle tried once again.
“Come on honey you can do this, I know you can.” Orion said.
Dazzle cried and moaned as she tried to expel the foal.
“Are you ready to try again?” Red Cross asked.
Dazzle slowly nodded and strained as she continued to push.
The doctor backed up a little and lifted up the front of her gown.
“Alright I can see the head, you are doing great.” Red Cross said.
Orion came beside him and looked as well.
“Oh god.” He said returning to his wife.
“I don’t ever wanna think about that ever again.” Orion said on the verge of vomiting.
“Okay Dazzle, were almost done. Just give me one more push and I think you’ll be all done.” Red Cross said lowering his
hooves.
“AAAAHHHHHHHH” Dazzle yelled as she gave a final push.”
This was followed by the sound of weak crying.
Dazzle continued to breathe heavily but was relieved that it was finally over.
“Would you like to cut the cord?” Red Cross asked Orion.
Orion nodded and levitated a pair of scissors and snipped the umbilical cord.
Red Cross picked up a something wrapped in a blanket.
“Congratulations, it’s a beautiful little filly.” He said.
He handed the blanket wrapped filly to Orion.
Orion brought her to Dazzle who took her in her arms.
“Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful.” Dazzle said.
Orion kissed his wife and looked down at his new daughter. Her coat was lavender and her mane was multiple streaks of purple.
Red Cross picked up a form and asked. “Do you have a name picked out for your daughter?”
Orion and Dazzle looked at one another.
“We’re going to name her after my grandmother, Twilight Sparkle.” Dazzle said nuzzling her daughter.


Back in the waiting room, Shining Armor had fallen asleep. He suddenly felt a tugging on his hoof. He slowly opened his eyes to see his dad looming over him.
“Would you like to meet your baby sister?” He said.
“Ehh, why not?” Shining Armor said standing up and following him back to the delivery room.
Dazzle was holding Twilight in her hooves when Orion and Shining walked in.
“Shining this is your baby sister Twilight.” Orion said. Shining bleakly walked over and looked at the sleeping foal. His facial expression suddenly changed from a look of boredom to a face of pure innocence. He didn’t know what to say.
“Can I….hold her?” Shining asked.
His answer was met when he was handed the sleeping Twilight.
Shining sat in a chair and looked over his sister.
“Uh hi, I’m your brother Shining Armor.” Shining said nervously.
The little filly slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her brother. She yawned and smiled at him.
“We’re gonna be best friends.” Shining said holding his little sister.
Twilight smiled and closed her eyes again and fell asleep.
Shining too closed his eyes and fell asleep.
“I just knew he love her.” Orion whispered to his wife.
“Yep, I can’t wait till we can all go home and be a family.” Dazzle said.
“I love you Dazzle.” Orion said kissing his wife.
“and I love you too.” Dazzle said.


In the early hours of the morning, Shining Armor was awoken by a slight sound.
“Big Brother, Big Brother, Big Brother.” Twilight mumbled.
Shining became fully awake and looked to see his sister still lying next to him in the chair.
“Big Brother, Big Brother, Big Brother.” Twilight cheered.
“We’re going to be best friends forever,” Shining said.
“Big Brother, Big Brother, Big Brother.” Twilight continued to chant.
“I love you Twilly.” Shining Armor said as kissed the little filly on her forehead.
The colt and filly fell back into a deep sleep. Neither could wait for the next day to come.
A/N
I found this picture and the idea for the story just came to me. If you liked it, give it a thumbs up and write a positive review.