• Published 22nd Jan 2024
  • 706 Views, 3 Comments

The newbie - Sandbar0227



Experience a rollercoaster of emotions as Rainbow Dash and Soarin Skies test their feelings, unraveling a connection that goes beyond words.

  • ...
1
 3
 706

rookie feelings

The sun began to set gradually, painting the sky with beautiful shades of orange and pink. Rainbow Dash walked through the Wonderbolts' training grounds, replaying the events of the day in her mind, still feeling frustrated and disappointed by her recent experience as a novice on the team. Bitter memories from her childhood echoed in her mind, wondering why things always went wrong when she tried to fit in, bringing in rivalries and taunts. In situations like these, she missed Ponyville the most—the only place where ponies didn't sideline her or mock her without considering how it affected her. Ponyville was her warm home, where she could be herself, and her friends were her sanctuary.

The cyan pegasus had given her best, both for others and to showcase her unique abilities. However, a misunderstanding during a maneuver left her with a bitter feeling. She felt down on herself, worried about what others might think of her. Once again, that torment.

As she walked to the edge of a hill, unaware that someone was watching her closely, she encountered Soarin Skies, a member of the Wonderbolts and an old childhood friend.

Soarin had noticed Rainbow Dash's mood and decided to approach her for a conversation. They had shared many adventures in the past, and although they no longer had as much time to see each other geographically, their friendship had never diminished.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash. Can I talk to you?" Soarin said, approaching with a friendly smile.

Rainbow Dash looked up at Soarin and offered a weak smile.

"Oh, hi, Soarin," she replied, her eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and sadness. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw how you were feeling during today's training, and I couldn't help but worry about you. Are you okay?" Soarin asked, his emerald eyes reflecting genuine concern.

Rainbow Dash sighed and sat on the ground, inviting Soarin to do the same. Without hesitation, he sat beside her, waiting for her to speak.

"No, I'm not okay, Soarin. I feel like a failure. I messed up my first chance to be a real Wonderbolt, and now I can't help but think that others see me as useless."

Soarin looked at her with tenderness and placed one of his wings on her back, comforting her. He knew she was saying that because of the events of the day when she arrived at the headquarters, but he couldn't understand why she belittled herself like that. Why did she undermine herself for a mistake, a mistake any pony could make? He didn't like at all what she was saying. Perhaps what was a joke for the bolts felt more like an attack to her?

He decided to speak up and express what he thought. She was someone many wished to be, but not everyone wanted to feel that way in adversity. She never showed it until they asked, but when things didn't go as she expected, she could be extreme and hate herself for it. He didn't like that. No one could keep their feelings to themselves for so long and pretend everything was fine.

"Rainbow Dash..."

She turned her head and looked at him intensely as soon as she heard her name.

"...you'll never be useless to me. Every pony makes mistakes, even the most professional ones. What matters is how we learn from them and move forward. There's no need to punish yourself for that. You're an incredibly talented and brave pegasus, and you always will be. I dare say with all honesty that more than one Wonderbolt would like to be like you."

Rainbow Dash felt a warmth in her chest hearing Soarin's reassuring words. At that moment, the tension between them became evident, and both felt a deeper connection than they had admitted before.

"I... Skies..." Why was she acting like this?

"Yes, tell me," he said, maintaining eye contact.

"I really appreciate your..." Then her face couldn't hide it anymore, damn blush. "...words."

The softness of the evening seemed to envelop them as they continued sharing thoughts and laughs, remembering their childhood pranks and the feats they had experienced together.

Their heartbeats resonated in the air, and Rainbow Dash felt that something special was happening. They couldn't let this moment end without more. They wanted to prolong it, as if time could stand still in this special corner of the world they had created.

"Do you remember the time we tried to break the speed flying record?" Rainbow Dash asked, seeking a pleasant distraction in their shared memories. Soarin laughed, recalling the friendly competition between them.

"How could I forget! I can't believe we survived that."

That brief pause, filled with laughter and memories, eased the tension. It was as if they were dancing around something they both knew was about to happen.

"And after that, you decided that the Wonderbolts were your next big challenge," Soarin commented, his smile widening.

"Of course! What's the point of flying fast if not to reach your biggest dreams?" Rainbow Dash responded with determination, but her eyes revealed a vulnerability that Soarin understood perfectly.

The air was filled with electric anticipation as they stared at each other. Their hearts beat in unison, and they could feel the attraction enveloping them. Each second seemed like an eternity as they approached each other slowly, savoring the suspense of the moment.

Flashbacks rushed through their minds like bursts. Rainbow Dash remembered the wedding day in Canterlot when they met, talked, and danced; she still had that photo. She recalled how they supported each other in that competition where Rainbow Dash saved Soarin from an accident in Rainbow Falls, strengthening their bond even more. And who could forget the Grand Galloping Gala, where they shared laughs and unforgettable moments together.

He was unaware that he was flooding his mind, confirming that their friendship was something special and that there was a deeper connection between them.

And there was no word to express it. Neither said anything, and as if gravity altered their movements, they approached each other, unaware of what was going to happen but very aware of what they wanted to happen.

Innately, it happened, without thinking twice, Rainbow Dash took the initiative and kissed Soarin, finding his lips in a passionate kiss. It was a kiss full of trust and unspoken desires. It was a fleeting but intense moment that seemed to capture everything they had been hiding for so long.

Rainbow Dash's lips gently brushed Soarin's, creating a spark that spread throughout her being. A shiver ran down her spine as their minds were flooded with shared thoughts and memories.

The kiss intensified as Soarin responded with passion and tenderness. Time seemed to stand still around them, and every touch and sigh increased the anticipation. Rainbow Dash could feel the soft touch of Soarin's feathers caressing her cheek. Their bodies drew even closer, their hearts beating in unison. Physical contact became a form of wordless communication, a language only they understood.

Philosophical thoughts began to flow in their minds. They realized that life was full of unpredictable moments and opportunities that needed to be seized. Sometimes, courage required putting aside fear and diving into the unknown. In that moment, they understood that this kiss was not just an expression of love, but also an act of courage and determination, where focus and sentiment were key to giving meaning to the act.

After an eternal moment, Rainbow Dash slowly pulled away from Soarin's lips, but kept her eyes locked on him. Their gazes were filled with a mix of astonishment and love, and they knew it was time to share their true feelings.

It was then that Soarin, with a trembling yet resolute voice, took Rainbow Dash's hooves in his and spoke:

"Rainbow Dash, for so long, I've kept these feelings deep in my heart. From the first day we met, I knew there was something special between us. You're my closest pony and also the one I admire the most. Being near you has always made my heart beat faster, and every moment together has been unforgettable."

Rainbow Dash listened attentively, her eyes filled with emotion and anticipation. Finally, she took a deep breath and responded sincerely:

"Soarin, what I feel for you goes beyond friendship. You are someone I trust completely, and you've always been by my side, supporting me every step of the way. When I'm with you, I feel such a deep connection that scares me, but at the same time, it fills me with happiness. I can't deny any longer what is between us."

Her words hung in the air, creating an atmosphere charged with emotions. Their gazes intertwined, and in that moment, they realized they had found something special, something that went beyond friendship.

Without saying another word, Rainbow Dash and Soarin embraced tightly, sealing their confession of love and committing to explore the path that lay ahead together.

They looked at each other, a spark of complicity shining in their eyes. Soarin broke the silence with a mischievous smile.

"That was unexpected."

Rainbow Dash returned the smile.

"Yes, but who wants predictable things?"

They both laughed, but a question lingered in the air.

"And now what?" Soarin asked playfully.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "I guess we should let others figure this out on their own."

Soarin nodded. "Totally agree. No need to shout it from the rooftops, let things flow naturally."

They walked together towards the headquarters, enjoying the stillness of the evening. The conversation shifted to lighter topics, both aware of the new dynamic between them.

The kiss they shared that afternoon, the caresses, and hugs—all were a tribute to the deep connection they had discovered. It was a kiss filled with promises, hope, and the certainty that, despite the challenges they would face, their love was real and true.

As Rainbow Dash and Soarin entered the Wonderbolts' headquarters, the energy in the air subtly changed. Some of their fellow Wonderbolts noticed the difference in the dynamic between them. Some looked with curiosity, while others simply smiled, sensing the special spark floating in the atmosphere.

Fleetfoot approached with a mischievous smile. "Anything interesting out there?"

Rainbow Dash and Soarin exchanged knowing looks before responding. "Nothing out of the ordinary," Soarin said.

Blaze joined the conversation. "And what does that mean?"

Rainbow Dash laughed, trying to keep things light. "You know, just another beautiful evening reflected in the Skies." She added a wink to Soarin, who noticed her play on words and playfully wrapped a wing around her.

"Ooooh... hahaha, I see," Misty Fly commented casually, nudging Fleetfoot.

"Life is short. If you find something or someone special, enjoy it!" Spitfire's voice resonated, indicating she, too, was enjoying what she was witnessing.

The conversation continued, with more team members joining the group. Jokes and friendly teasing filled the air, but deep down, everyone shared in the joy of seeing Rainbow Dash and Soarin exploring something beyond friendship, allowing them to decide when and how they would share what was happening.

After a night filled with laughter and conversations in the Wonderbolts' quarters, Rainbow Dash and Soarin returned to their shared room. They sat in silence for a moment, absorbed in the atmosphere still echoing with the laughter and curious whispers of their comrades.

Rainbow Dash broke the silence with a soft smile. "Did you notice how crazy everything became today?"

Soarin laughed, nodding. "Yeah, but it was fun. And you know, I think our friends are excited for us."

She smiled, leaning comfortably against the wall. "Yes, they are. And I'm excited too... for us."

Soarin took her hoof tenderly. "Rainbow, whatever happens from now on, I'm happy to be exploring it with you."

She looked into his eyes, a spark of excitement. "Me too, Soarin. We're in this together, right?"

He nodded with a smile, that smile that caused earthquakes in Dash's heart every time she saw it. "Together, no matter what comes. It's a promise."

Rainbow knew that sooner or later, she had to share this new chapter of her life with her friends. Keeping it a secret didn't seem sustainable or fair. Her loyalty to them urged her to be honest and transparent.

As she got lost in the soft moonlight, Rainbow Dash pondered how to delicately address the topic. She felt she had to be cautious with her words, especially because she had never made such a confession to her friends, and she didn't know how to express what she was feeling. Nevertheless, she yearned to share with her friends the happiness and uncertainty that this new bond brought.

With those thoughts swirling in her mind, Rainbow Dash promised herself to find the right moment to open her heart to the friends who had always been her unwavering support.

They stayed there, lost in the intimacy of the moment, knowing that this day marked the beginning of something new and exciting between them.

With the moonlight filtering through the window, they shared more laughter and confidences before surrendering to sleep, ready to face together the gift that the future had in store for them.

Author's Note:

:heart: Hello, everypony! :heart:

I'm truly excited to share with you this, my first story, a one-shot featuring one of my favorite ships. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please leave your comments and thoughts—I'd love to hear what you think and continue writing stories, as long as time allows.

Thanks for reading and see u latter. :heart:

Comments ( 3 )

Who she should have ended up with

this was super sweet and well written!

11806741
thanks u so much, I appreciate that you liked it

Login or register to comment