• Published 18th Nov 2023
  • 1,863 Views, 152 Comments

CYOA: Next in Line - David Silver



Welcome to Equestria. We just need you to answer some questions about how and why you've visited before you can proceed. This should only take a moment.

  • ...
6
 152
 1,863

21

You meet Sweetie's hoof in handshake. "Fantastic. Let's start with the good news."

She turns, her pastel tail swishing as she leads you down a dim passageway. Ancient pipes line the rocky walls, dripping condensation that echoes through the still air.

"You can stay as you are - as an agent, you're already a state secret. But personally, I'd go pony." She glances back, teal eyes glinting in the shadows. "I'm biased, but you'd always be an outsider otherwise."

Sweetie sighs, her hoofsteps clopping on the concrete floor. "No hero of Equestria should have to live like that. Still, your choice."

You enter a small room, bare except for a metal table and chairs. She settles on her haunches with a squeak of protest from the chair.

"Training and equipment provided. As a pony, you'd get paid to spend how you please." She eyes your human shape. "As you are, no pay. We'd arrange necessities."

Sweetie grumbles, examining a scuff on her hoof. "Accidents happen in this work. If family survives you, they'd be cared for." She meets your gaze. "I could die here too. Welcome to the job!"

The flickering bulb above buzzes as Sweetie awaits your response. Somewhere deep below, machines thrum relentlessly. Condensation drips down your neck - the air hangs heavy with uncertainty.

"Well?" Sweetie asks. "What'll it be?"

You:
1) Pony.
2) Something besides pony.
3) Remain as you are.