• Published 18th Nov 2023
  • 1,864 Views, 152 Comments

CYOA: Next in Line - David Silver



Welcome to Equestria. We just need you to answer some questions about how and why you've visited before you can proceed. This should only take a moment.

  • ...
6
 152
 1,864

27

Seething from the humiliation and violation of having your weapons confiscated, you vow to make Agent Sweetie Drops pay. As she drones on with her questions, your mind races with schemes for retribution.

Perhaps you could overpower her barehanded - but no, the royal guards would intervene swiftly. You analyze the room for anything you could use as a weapon or tool but find nothing of value.

You'll need to play it smart and bide your time. Feigning cooperation for now, you provide innocuous answers with a look of contrition. Sweetie seems satisfied, for the moment.

They'll be watching you closely, so any plans will require great subtlety. As you leave the stark interrogation room, the beginnings of a plot take shape in your mind. It will take patience, but you pride yourself on your persistence.

One way or another, you will catch Agent Sweetie Drops unaware, and only one of you will be walking away from that encounter. For now, you'll be the model citizen of Equestria. But when the time is right, vengeance will be yours.

As Sweetie Drops leads you down the hall, lecturing sternly, a forgotten sword catches your eye. Before the guards can react, you seize the weapon and whirl to face them.

The unicorn guard attempts to yank the blade away with magic, but you slash him viciously in response. He cries out and stumbles back, bleeding. The other guard flees in terror.

Weapon in hand, you advance on Sweetie Drops with murder in your eyes. She stands her ground, glaring fiercely. "Drop the sword, now! Don't make this worse for yourself."

You laugh coldly, drunk on a sense of power. With a savage roar, you charge forward and swing the blade down towards Sweetie's neck.

At the last second, she deftly sidesteps, expression grim. You feel a sharp pain as her hoof collides powerfully with your stomach. The wind knocked out of you, you double over and the sword clatters to the floor.

Sweetie looks down at you, more disappointed than angry. "You had such potential, but chose hatred's path. Our world has no place for one fueled by violence."

As your vision darkens, you hear her order the guards to send you back through the portal. Though rage still simmers in your veins, a flicker of regret stirs deep down. You chose pride over hope, and now have condemned yourself.

The end.

Or is it?

You awaken in a dark room with a voice chuckling much as you had. "Lost to those damn ponies, did you? We can get revenge. I could use someone violent... A real scrapper. Join me and we'll make them pay for messing with us!"

The end.