• Published 18th Nov 2023
  • 1,865 Views, 152 Comments

CYOA: Next in Line - David Silver



Welcome to Equestria. We just need you to answer some questions about how and why you've visited before you can proceed. This should only take a moment.

  • ...
6
 152
 1,865

15

Derpy's eyes go wide, then soften with empathy. "I'm so sorry," she says gently. "That must have been an unbearable pain, to lose hope like that."

She places a reassuring hoof on your hand. "But I want you to know - you have a second chance here. Whatever drove you to that brink, you can leave it behind."

Derpy gestures around the bustling hall. "This world can be a fresh start. And ponies believe every life is precious. So you'll find only kindness, never judgment."

You feel a lump form in your throat at her words. For the first time in years, you don't feel so alone. This quirky little pony somehow understands.

Derpy smiles warmly. "Now, let's get you registered as a refugee. Don't worry about the forms! Consider it done." With a flourish, she stamps your paperwork and grins. "Ready for a new life?"

As you approach the door, a second pony slides in next to you. "One warning."

A warning? Of what?

"That isn't an escape here." She circles in front of you.

"You're in it for the long haul. Now, I like to think Equestria's a nice place, worth the effort... But this is your last chance."

She points to the chrome chamber to the side. "You can move on." She turns to point at the door everyone's waiting to enter. "Or you can go on, and know that was your last chance. You live this life to the end, or not at all. Which will it be?"

You:

1) Enter the Door
2) Move on from this world.