• ...
2
 53
 797

PreviousChapters Next
Season 2: Episode 5 - Two dogs, six Ponies, and...a Turtle?!

It's yet another seemingly normal day in Ponyville with the Ham-Hams currently hanging around Sweet Apple Acres. However, there was something going on right now: Hamtaro was being licked by a dog owned by Applejack.

"Ha ha ha, that actually tickles." Hamtaro said. The dog barked.

"This is ma dog Winona. Ah've had her since she was a little pup." Applejack said.

Winona kept licking Hamtaro, playfully doing so might I add. "Ha ha ha, she certainly is friendly. Reminds me of Bradly." Hamtaro said.

"...Whose Bradly?" Apple Bloom asked.

"That would be this dog from our world that Hamtaro's owner owns." Boss said. "Or at least, his former owner. Dang, now I'm wondering how that dog is doing."

Suddenly Fluttershy was rushing in. "Applejack, I need your help with a dog!" Fluttershy said.

"Aren't you the animal expert here?" Boss asked.

"Applejack is so familiar with dogs, I thought she would know what I should do with this one." Fluttershy said, as she suddenly brought out a dog from who knows where. But Hamtaro's eyes went wide as his jaw dropped as the dog the yellow pegasus suddenly yawned.

"B-bradly?!" Hamtaro exclaimed.


"It's just the wierdiest thing, this dog is unlike Winona. He just keeps lazing about. And he barely even eats. But it's obvious he needs to eat. I really don't know what to do." Fluttershy said.

Hamtaro suddenly approuched the dog in question. "Bradly? I-is that you buddy?" Hamtaro asked. Suddenly without warning, Bradly sprung to life before barking playfully and licking Hamtaro like crazy. "Ha ha ha, I missed you too buddy; I missed you too."

"...Wow. Seems like Hamtaro is just what the doctor ordered." Howdy said.

"Did you honestly expect any less? This is Bradly we're talking about here." Bijou argued.

"She's got a point." Dexter said.

Bradly stomach grumbled. "Oh, I do hope he'll eat now." Fluttershy said.


Sure enough after Applejack poured out some dog food for Bradly, said dog was pratically digging in now. "Oh he's so much more lively now." Fluttershy said.

"I guess he was just so worried about me, that he was unable to want to do much. But now that he knows I'm okay, he's back to being his usual self." Hamtaro said.

"Oh this is just so lovely. Now the pet play date at the park can go as planned." Fluttershy said.

"Heke?" Hamtaro was confused.


This led to the hamsters finding out about the main six and their respective pets. Well...almost. The only pony not here right now was Rainbow Dash. "So...why isn't Rainbow Dash here?" Hamtaro asked.

"She doesn't actually have a pet." Applejack said. "Though I'm surprised Bradly followed us." He said.

"Heke?" Hamtaro was then suddenly licked by Bradly from behind. "Oh, hey Bradly." Hamtaro said.

"Looks like Bradly wants to stick by you for a while." Bijou said.

"I think I got the message." Hamtaro said. Soon Winona was licking him too. "Okay, now this is just insane."

Applejack couldn't help but just laugh at that. "Well, if ah didn't know any better, it seems dogs just like Hamtaro."

"Who doesn't?" Practically every ham-ham said at the same time.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Rainbow Dash asked.


One thing soon led to another with Rainbow Dash, and it led to a massive pet competition. While the Eagle did win the final race in the end, Rainbow Dash did remind everyone that she specifically mentioned that the pet who crossed the finish line with her would win. As in the pet and Rainbow Dash had to cross the line together.

And that had led to not only Rainbow Dash naming the tortious "Tank" but also Twilight rigging up a perpellar for Tank so he could fly around Ponyville.

"Wait a second, Maxwell, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Tortoises hibernate during winter?" Sandy asked.

"That is indeed the case. Tortoises hibernate during the winter." Maxwell said.

"Eh...no big deal right? That's just one season which is about three months. I've got nine other months of the year to hang with Tank in the meantime. Plus, Winter Wrap up was last week before the whole Discord thing." Rainbow Dash said.

"Well technically, that was last month." Twilight said.

"...Well that's still eight full months with Tank before next winter. And then once Winter passes, that'll be nine whole months with Tank!" Rainbow Dash said.

"...She's...taking that a lot better than I thought she would..." Fluttershy said.

Suddenly Bradly and Winona were sniffing each other. "...Wait, what's going on over there?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I...I think we better leave the two alone for a while." Hamtaro said before he was quickly ushering the ponies and other hamsters away.

"Hey wait, why are you shooing us away?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, but got no answer.

Author's Note:

Even if I wanted to have fun with "May the Best Pet Win!", the first half was as much as I could add before the episode would devolve into what the cannon events were; not even the ham-hams would get in on that mess.

Still, I think my additions to the episode was enough for the episode to feel original. Plus, because the ham-hams have Maxwell amongst their numbers and he's as much of a book nerd as Twilight, it allows for some retro-active ret-conning of a certain later episode~

Also, hi Bradly; it's nice to see you here. And...oh? Oh my...oh my...

PreviousChapters Next