• ...
2
 53
 797

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 2 - Around the Farm

It was a seemingly normal day within Ponyville, yet there was about to be something going on at Sweet Apple Acres.

"That's a lot of apple trees to get bucking." Applejack said.

"Maybe way too many for you to get done by yourself." Applejack's brother, Big Mac said.

"You know you need to rest up to heal up your injury." Applejack said. "Ah'll be just fine working the farm by myself." She said.

"Even if I would say that you would need to be careful." Big Mac said.

Applejack blinked. "Why do I need to be careful, exactly?" She asked.

"Some of those Hamsters are scurrying around the farm with some sunflower seeds Granny Smith gave them." Big Mac said.

"Wait, why are they doing that?" Applejack asked.


Applejack soon discovered the hamsters going about, seemingly planting the sunflower seeds in certain marked spots. "Hey, what are you hamsters doing?" Applejack asked.

"Glad you asked there, Applejack." A feminine country voice said. Applejack spotted the hamster who said it next to Oxnard.

"Yer Pepper, right?" Applejack asked.

"That's right. Believe it or not, Applejack, Ah'm a farm girl myself. And Ah'm not ashamed to admit that I can be a bit stubborn sometimes." Pepper said.

"Oh, ain't that the truth?" Onxard said.

"Where's all these signs come from? Their very hamster sized." Applejack said.

"Panda made them, I put them in the ground in various places around the farm." Pepper said. "Ah asked Granny Smith if it was alright to plant Sunflower Seeds around the farm. She said, and ah quote, 'so long as yeh ain't doing it too close to any trees'." Pepper said.

"That does sound like Granny..." Applejack said. "But why are you planting sunflower seeds?"

"Well, if we hamsters truely are stuck here, then we're going it'd be nice to have a supply of Sunflower Seeds we could use." Pepper said. "Ah'm saving a few to plant for next year." She said.

"Well, can ya try to stay out of ma way? Ah got Applebucking to do." Applejack said.

"Ah, I remember that from the other day." Onxard said.

"Wait, are you possibly going to be going around harvesting all these apples all by yerself?" Pepper asked.

"Got no choice. Big Mac's broke his hip, Granny Smith is too old, and my little sister ain't old enough yet." Applejack said.

"What about yer friends?" Pepper asked.

"Old Apple Family tradition is that only family is to help when it comes time to harvesting the entire supply of Apples." Applejack said.

"Friends are Family too." Pepper said.

"...Wait what?" Applejack asked.

"One of the other Ham-Hams taught me that Friends can be Family too. And that you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help when you need it." Pepper stated. "Ah ain't afraid to admit that, one time, I tried planting a whole new field of Sunflowers all by maself, since all my siblings were sick. But by doing so, I was quickly becoming sleep exhausted from the whole ordeal. That's when one of the Ham-Hams convinced me that friends can be family too, so ah quickly realized that, I should put my stubbornness aside, and let my friends help me out." She explained.

Applejack had to think about that, but she then quickly had to calm down a bunch of stampeding cows because of one of them saw a snake. And while she did get a trophy out of the ordeal, she quickly returned to the farm, but Twilight followed her.

"Applejack, what exactly are you doing?" Twilight said.

"It's Applebucking season." Applejack said.

"Applebucking Sason?" Twilight asked.

"It's what the Apple Family calls harvesting." Applejack said. "Ah have to get all the apples picked before Autum comes."

"And your doing this all by yourself why? What about Big Mac?" Twilight asked.

"Big Mac broke his hip. And before you ask about the other Apples, they have their own orchards to tend to. So, ah'm on my own." Applejack said.

"...Right. Are you sure you don't want some help from me or the other girls?" Twilight asked.

Applejack opened her mouth to snap at Twilgiht, but then she remembered something Pepper told her: Friends can be family too. "...Fine, but on one condition: Ah'm in charge of the whole thing." Applejack said.

"That's actually more then fine with me. You are the farm girl out of the six of us." Twilight said.

Applejack caught Pepper giving her a thumbs up as Twilight left.


Later that day, sunset was approuching and almost all the apples had been picked. "You know, I almost wonder what would've happened has we not helped you, Applejack." Rainbow Dash said.

"Well I'm glad that we don't have to worry about that now." Twilight said.

"Ah may have had some...insperation hit me." Applejack said. "One of the Ham-Hams set me straight you could say."

"You hamsters are fairly clever for such little things." Fluttershy said.

"Thanks for the compliment Fluttershy." Hamtaro said.

"But really, it was all Pepper." Oxnard said.

"Oh stop it Oxnard, your making me blush." Pepper was blushing. "Besides, ah really can't take all the credit here, you lovable guy." Pepper said.

"What are you talking about?" Applejack asked.

"Ah mean that the ham-ham that taught me that it's okay to rely on yer friends for help? That was all Onxard who taught me that. Ah won't lie, ever since then we've done some Gossip-P ever since." Pepper said.

"Gossip-P? I don't follow." Twilight said.

"I'll tell you later. Well, more like show you." Hamtaro said.

"The main take away here, is that ah'm not ashamed that a friend really became family towards me in ways ah didn't think possible." Pepper said.

"...Ah think I get what your saying. Huh. Not something ah thought about until you brought it up. But ah'm glad you did." Applejack said.

Author's Note:

While it's obvious I'll be using both intros for every episode, I will admit I did think about switching up the order of them depending on if the episode was going to be primarly featuring the Main 6 or primarily featuring the Ham-Hams. I quickly realize though, that I respect the Hamtaro Anime too much to consider doing that, and its intro always played before the actual episode started while the MLP:FiM friendship intro would always play shortly after the episode started with the only exceptions being whenever the episode had a recap of the previous episode.

PreviousChapters Next