• Published 9th Sep 2023
  • 198 Views, 6 Comments

[EAW] Legacy - Triglavian1

  • ...
 6
 198

Le petite alicorn

"Tribes of Equestria, are you going to let them devour your home ?

Officer Eclipse words after taking command from a noble general during the Tell Tale battle.



The aftermath of the first Tell Tall battle was a bloody first equestria victory that the nation so desperate need it, like oxygen.

Unfortuanly, even if the battle was in a secondary theather front, it came at an high cost and rumors are spreading that on the home front, a certain air of defeatism is on the air.

"Officer Eclipse, this are the report of the casualty report, alongside ammunition, food and general readiness of the troops" a soldier come into Eclipse tent, schoking Eclipse out of his thought on the Equestria future.

"Thanks, any news from Canterlot ?" Eclipse asked, taking the reports from the soldier hoove and putting on the desk.

"Reports have been sent but no response so far"

There was a long silence before the next question was asked

"I see....and how is the patience ?"

That question seem to have suck out all the life in his body for a few seconds, before taking a sharp breath and answering the question.

"A-alive" the pony courier said, emotion barerly in check.

Eclipse/Nightmare Star posture, since the start of war, finaly relaxed and he semi crashed on his chair, massaging his front with one of his front hoove.

For a split second both eyes turn into snake blue color, his true eyes form.

Unfortuanly the relief didn't last very long and now another burden was soon on his back.

Writting and sending letters to relative that lost their son and daughter, husband and wife.

"Spread the news" Eclipse ordered " get drunk if you so decide it just...don't make too much weird noises, i have to write thousand letters back to moon knows how many family back home" he turn his attention back to writting, wawing off the soldier.

With being alone again, Eclipse mind drift again back to the event of yesterday, mumbling and massaging his forehead

The bombardment, changellings relentess attack, planes dueling in the sky, danger close air support, Tell Tale burning, ponies screaming

And then the climax

Princess Luna wounded in the middle of the city battle, cut off from the rest of the troops and that frikking noble general...less we talk about him the better.

Althought breaking his nose was very cathartic.

"That wasn't subtle of you"
"Said the one who would have cut off his wings and strangle with it"
"You can still do that"
"As much i wanted to do it, i can't"
"You could enter his mind"
"This letter aren't going to write themself and there are a lot of them"


"You did whot you have to do"
"I know but we lose so much for just holding back, i got lucky that evryponies that i pull togheter was single minded toward saving the princess"
"Don't sell yourself short there, you galvanize the troops at a critical moment, charging with them to drive back the horde of parassite out of the city"

"And don't forget how they call you after the battle, it was a long time since i see you have that big, stupid smile of yours"

At that Eclipse blushed a little, it's been centurys since he been call like that...

"You are The Little Alicorn of this ponies Eclipse, they trust you with their life, just like she trusted you with her heart"

A single tear roll out of his eyes, marking the letter below him.

"I can't loss her again".

This time the sobbing didn't stop.

Lucky, the few undrunked ponies passing close to the tent, they would hear a whimpering soab, not wanting to disturb their hero in his private moment.

Otherwise they would see a nightmare cry.

Author's Note:

There is alwasy a price to be for be in the shadow

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment